• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollux

Hard reset. Hold ON (Xbox symbol) button for 5+ seconds till it shuts off

Wait 10 seconds, turn back on, be patient during reboot.
Seems to have worked. Thanks!

Also it's good to see I'm consistent and fucking suck at all FPS. I was hyped as he'll for this and after 2 games don't have a single pilot kill.

Smart Pistol is great for when you just want to slaughter the A.I. Combine that with the burn cards that gives more EXP for hitting grunts or Spectres, and you can get your Titan pretty fast.

npa189

Holy shit this game is fun, I found a new MP game. What a perfect launch on PC, going with microsoft for servers was the smartest thing they could have done, as EA's would have caught on fire. I'm running everything max'ed, insane textures and 2x AA and I am getting rock solid 60fps on my 3570k/GTX 670. Hats off to Respawn, I haven't had this much fun in gaming in a long time.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
You are not alone brother!

Here. Really hoping the 360 version is at least fun and playable. I haven't completely been sold on either the PS4 or One yet and until there is a line up of exclusives to sway me or the current gen ports reallyyyyyyyyyyyy start to blow it'll probably stay that way.

I see I have company in my misery.

I most likely will end up getting an X1, but the money isnt here yet. Hoping for a price drop soon.

J-Rzez

Can't believe I'm seeing "prestige 4" players already, crazy. Figured on g1 or whatever but man...

Anyways, looking for some PC players to game with. Pm me for my name!

I suck something fierce.

This is my first console shooter since the original Halo.

I'm second to last every round -.-

But you know what, dare I say it this is the most fun I've had in years surpassing even PC shooters.

I might have to give EA more money and buy the PC version so my friends don't QQ

chriskun

Seems to have worked. Thanks!

Also it's good to see I'm consistent and fucking suck at all FPS. I was hyped as he'll for this and after 2 games don't have a single pilot kill.

I had the same experience. Don't worry though, you'll get used to the mechanics and the game should get easier for you. There's alot to take in and get a hold of in this game. After getting a handle on things im doing decent and having a blast. Even when I do shitty this game is a blast.

Proven

Yeah, that's true. I haven't messed with the full game yet so I don't know about the new maps, but at least in the beta the C point could always be captured by Titans.
From what I've seen of the maps, every single one has at least one open Titan focused point, and the position of it isn't always C. Sometimes it's A, and a decent number of times it's B. It'll be interesting to see what players prefer.

This game seems perfect for some sort of VIP mode. VIP Titan or Pilot, I was surprised the campaign never did this as they could have pretty easily made one of the com chatter NPCs work for this instead of them just doing everything offscreen.

Campaign feels like it's more of an introductory playlist that doesn't put you into non-stop Attrition. Unfortunately, the lack of being able to jump to get extra players to jump into a campaign in progress, along with the fact that people always want to win, causes issues.

How do you switch sides in the campaign mode? I already finished the IMC side last night and I want to do Militia now, but I don't see an option to choose.

I chose "Resume Campaign Now" and it just started up a mission and put me as IMC...

J-Rzez

Damn! I've seen a couple G2s but nothing higher.

The first g4 I saw was like 6hrs ago. They were doing ridiculously good too, aka suspect via the number of headshots. Lol.

Anyone get the burst fire pilot weapon yet? Hope it doesn't suck.

Holy shit this game is fun, I found a new MP game. What a perfect launch on PC, going with microsoft for servers was the smartest thing they could have done, as EA's would have caught on fire. I'm running everything max'ed, insane textures and 2x AA and I am getting rock solid 60fps on my 3570k/GTX 670. Hats off to Respawn, I haven't had this much fun in gaming in a long time.
Same setup as you but the 2GB of VRAM isn't enough for that texture setting for me. When you overlook some maps it's a tad on the sluggish side (angel city, lagoon)

fortunately the game looks about the same no matter what setting.

Timan

Developer
I'm trying to figure out how to replay the militia missions. But every time i goto campaign it puts me on IMC. Anyone know how to change teams, also how to tell which ones you've "won" in?

Sean

Banned
CTF is really dang fun. I thought a flag carrier being able jump in a Titan was insane. But it actually works pretty well.

That's the only thing I don't like about CTF actually, seems kind of lame that you can just hop into a Titan and dash away to safety.

Game is already generous with letting the flag carrier wall-run and shoot, allowing them to be in a Titan is overkill.

Jarmel

Banned
iu5a41JwkrByD.png

Time keeps on slipping...

Time keeps on slipping...

Dear lord man!

I got to level 12 tonight. Game is just awesome without a doubt. I wish campaign missions had different objectives or something like that. I like the idea, but the game is too hectic to comprehend the story while you're in the middle of a match, so most of the story comes through with audio and the small prologue. Beat the Militia mission and I'll tackle the IMC campaign tomorrow so I can get the Ogre.

Then went on to CTF. Holy shit that is some fast paced CTF! It was awesome. Being able to get in your titan as the flag carrier sounds OP, but somehow it seems to work.

Hip Hop

Best Titan weapon, anyone?

I keep going back to the Chaingun because it is so useful against Pilots, which I see most of the time, but can still hold its own against Titans if need be.

The others I have tried, but I can't get behind yet.

any recommendations?

Oublieux

Best Titan weapon, anyone?

I keep going back to the Chaingun because it is so useful against Pilots, which I see most of the time, but can still hold its own against Titans if need be.

The others I have tried, but I can't get behind yet.

any recommendations?

The 40mm is great... If you can learn to consistently aim for the weak spots of Titans with it, it does some serious damage.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Yup, they should have skipped it altogether and put those (few) resources somewhere else. It is especially tragic because even in this piece of shit mode you can see tiny moments of brilliance and you can't help but imagine how great a proper campaign could have been.

The idea of blending MP and SP together could have been revolutionary (sort of like what The Crossing was going for). Real SP mission objectives and scripted events with a huge MP battle going on around you? Yes please.

Milennia

Didn't know each titan had a different animation for that. That's the striker right? Seems like he squeeZe the pilot. The atlas grabs and throw the pilot. What does the ogre do?

the ogre rips the arms off the titan and beats him with it.

the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom