• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
You don't, this game doesn't lend itself well to static sniping unless you're the mlg180nosc0pezheadshot kind of player.

And guess what the 5th gen requirements are?

Fucking developers. They knew these requirements are shit and they force it on you to gen up.

Seriously, why does a next gen console have screen tearing while playing FMVs? The intro FMVs have serious screen tearing in this game. It was there in the beta and everyone was all like "ITS A BETA THEYLL FIX IT AND EVERYTHING ELSE LIKE FRAME RATE DIPS AND ITLL BE PERFECT", yet here we are with the final game and it's still happening.

je_ssi e

This is my first console shooter since the original Halo.

I'm second to last every round -.-

But you know what, dare I say it this is the most fun I've had in years surpassing even PC shooters.

I might have to give EA more money and buy the PC version so my friends don't QQ
I haven't bothered with competitive multiplayer much on the PC and it shows. Aha. I've usually stuck to consoles for that, and TPS to boot! I'm a huge Gears fan. It's embarrassing how much time I've put into that series.

Though, this past December I built my first gaming PC in response to seeing what the twin consoles are bringing to the table.

I'm usually fine with m/kb in single player/co-op, but it's something completely different for me in multiplayer. My hands get all crazy lol. Though, I'm not going to take the easy way out and use a gamepad. I'm really trying to get used to this. It'll pay off in the end.

I have noticed a lot of improvement, especially after I got some unlocks/adjusted my sensitivity & the most important and best thing ever.. the Stryder titan. I've gotten games where I haven't died using that thing. It's good, but it's also fun as hell to use.

Though, I'm still getting used to things. Everything is so fast. Aha.

It's also nice to learn the maps a bit.
I hate that there aren't any options for private matches. Most multiplayer games I'll just walk through the maps to see everything. I have to learn everything on the fly here. That sucks.

I'm hoping this game keeps me entertained for the long haul. I'm interested in what they'll do for future content. I really, really hope it's more than just maps. This game seems pretty barebones and I want to see it really open up.

Woo-Fu

Banned
tip: sitting on a control point racks up points. I've been telling my group I'll take and hold one point the entire round while they deal with the other two, works out great. :p Pick the point you can use your titan and just stay in defense range for the rest of the round. Seems some sort of 'tick' going on that gives you points just for standing there.

It helps if it is off by itself, like point A on the non-urban beta map whatever it was called. You can stay out there, use the building for cover, see anybody coming across that field or the rooftops and deal with them at your leisure. They send more titans than you can handle that means the rest of your team should easily cap and hold the other two.

Proven

Oh, something I forgot to mention. For the Titan access Domination point, it appears Titans count over Pilots. If you're a Pilot in there hiding out from a Titan instead of seeing CONTESTED you'll see LOSING as the point slowly heads into the Titan team's direction. Once it's fully capped, it'll then show CONTESTED again.

An interesting rule.

Caayn

Best Titan weapon, anyone?

I keep going back to the Chaingun because it is so useful against Pilots, which I see most of the time, but can still hold its own against Titans if need be.

The others I have tried, but I can't get behind yet.

any recommendations?
The plasma gun. Charge up and unleash hell upon those fools. Finish it with a dash + Titan Melee combo for the extra effect.

XxCGSxX

Is there a performance topic for Titanfall? This games is horribly optimized for AMD hardware, FX 8320 with an R9 270X. I've tried different combinations, all low, medium or high, at 1080p and 720p and I STILL get fps drops to 30-45 in some maps or when there's chaos. Doesn't make sense, for comparison this is the worst game in terms of fps drops I've run in my pc yeah I know it's not that bad if it only drops to 30 but WHY? If I lower AA OR even turn it off, set it to 720p and even setting everything to low it still drops? I want a rock solid 60fps! Recent games or demos are at a rock solid 60fps everything high. Is this AMDs fault? do they have to release a driver like nvidia did for Titanfall? or is it Respawn's fault when it comes to optimization? Sorry for the newbie questions I'm new to pc gaming.

J-Rzez

Not sure what I hate more:

1. The smart pistol: people running jumping like crazy just with auto-aim trumping you.
-or-
2. The front melee/jump kick.

I'm thinking 2 atm. What a stupid ass mechanic where it can kill you while you're unloading bullets into them. I can only juke people here and there when they're puling that nonsense because the cone that it covers is ridiculous. And it's even worse when I assume it were 2-3 friends in a party using implants and stim, just running around and jump kicking everyone.

Regardless, both of these "mechanics" are my most hated in FPS history atm. Even more than Akimbo shotties.

antitrop

Finished both campaigns. I'm going to wake up and play Titanfall all day tomorrow, but I don't want to stop playing Titanfall and go to sleep.

Malaussene

Neo Member
Finally got a shot at playing with a 360 controller on pc... not bad at all... I thought my performance would sink but it didn't.. all these years of console FPSes must have thinned out the huge gap between the two options. I also found out that I enjoy navigating the map and piloting titans much more with a controller than with m/k.

sagat2036

Ive think i turned the corner on this game today! HIt 40 and loving my loadout.. Why do i gotta Gen2 and lose it soon!!!

Pilot. Spitfire/scope/slammer/Mag/Stim/Satchel/Deadmans

Titan. Stryder/Quad/Extended/Vortex/Multi/Dash/Survivor

Titan in auto follow seems to own all kinds of shit. Iam thinkin those ablities all benefit from titan being in AI.

Are all AI titans pretty good or i stumble on a good AI titan build?

Zeliard

Not sure what I hate more:

1. The smart pistol: people running jumping like crazy just with auto-aim trumping you.
-or-
2. The front melee/jump kick.

I'm thinking 2 atm. What a stupid ass mechanic where it can kill you while you're unloading bullets into them. I can only juke people here and there when they're puling that nonsense because the cone that it covers is ridiculous. And it's even worse when I assume it were 2-3 friends in a party using implants and stim, just running around and jump kicking everyone.

Regardless, both of these "mechanics" are my most hated in FPS history atm. Even more than Akimbo shotties.

The melee attack is one of those things that's fun to kill people with and annoying to die to. :p

Powerful melee in online FPS games is something I used to find super goofy but it kind of grew on me after Tribes: Ascend, which has a melee attack that can one-shot light classes (and mediums with a backstab perk).

And there's something devilishly enjoyable about wall-running, launching yourself, and jump kicking some unsuspecting player.

Typically if you see a player coming and attempting to melee you, you should be able to kill them pretty quickly, especially if you're using an SMG or shotgun. If they're coming in from the side or whatever it's likely you would have died anyway to another weapon. It's a similar case with the smart pistol.

Jarmel

Banned
The Longbow is absolute trash. Shit needs to be a one hit kill.

A lot of people are going to be frustrated as fuck when they hit this Gen.

Is there a performance topic for Titanfall? This games is horribly optimized for AMD hardware, FX 8320 with an R9 270X. I've tried different combinations, all low, medium or high, at 1080p and 720p and I STILL get fps drops to 30-45 in some maps or when there's chaos. Doesn't make sense, for comparison this is the worst game in terms of fps drops I've run in my pc yeah I know it's not that bad if it only drops to 30 but WHY? If I lower AA OR even turn it off, set it to 720p and even setting everything to low it still drops? I want a rock solid 60fps! Recent games or demos are at a rock solid 60fps everything high. Is this AMDs fault? do they have to release a driver like nvidia did for Titanfall? or is it Respawn's fault when it comes to optimization? Sorry for the newbie questions I'm new to pc gaming.

I'm the same way. I'm running a HD 7770, and no matter what settings I'm using, I always will drop down to high 30's/low 40's in big fights. For me, there is NO difference between low and high textures.

Campaign was kind of cool, though I wish it was more fleshed out. It reminded me of the multiplayer in Conker Live and Reloaded. Ideally, the game would have had a standard campaign, and a narrative would have been built around the multiplayer (It would be awesome if every map had an intro like Demeter's). I've only played the IMC side, but tomorrow I'll play Militia.

So far there's only one map that I don't like and that's Nexus. That's saying positive things about the map design.

Also, the Smart Pistol is hilarious. I feel like such a dick when I use it.

Caayn

Finished both campaigns. I'm going to wake up and play Titanfall all day tomorrow, but I don't want to stop playing Titanfall and go to sleep.
Sam here. Just started my normal weekday :( Can't wait till I get home tonight and play some more. It's been a while since a game game me that feeling.
Ive think i turned the corner on this game today! HIt 40 and loving my loadout.. Why do i gotta Gen2 and lose it soon!!!

Pilot. Spitfire/scope/slammer/Mag/Stim/Satchel/Deadmans

Titan. Stryder/Quad/Extended/Vortex/Multi/Dash/Survivor

Titan in auto follow seems to own all kinds of shit. Iam thinkin those ablities all benefit from titan being in AI.

Are all AI titans pretty good or i stumble on a good AI titan build?
Isn't Gen 2 optional?

Yeah the Titan AI is pretty good, not too strong but also not too weak. I pretty much use my Titan as a distraction while I pick of the enemies from a small distance with the smg or standard assault rifle.

Kyzon

Started playing at 8AM this morning. Finished 16 minutes ago at midnight.
Oh, how I have missed the Vegging out of wonderful games.
A day well spent!

Just hit lvl 40 too :3

Malo

Banned
Last ten games vs players 4.4, that's more like it. If anyone wants to play some games add my gamertag.

GT: The H4NDofGOD

Caayn

Having trouble connecting my Xbone to live today. Related?

Always online would have been something.
Always online didn't actually require you to be online whenever you wanted to use the system. An automatic check-in during standby once every 24h was enough.

Have to retire for the night. Need to wake up early for school tomorrow.

Hit Level 40, and played for 8 hours and 34 minutes, and I still haven't touched the campaign.

JrNBx4N.jpg

6bPGbZ5.jpg

ugIYFPi.jpg

]

This game is seriously fucking amazing. I can not wait to see what the future brings for this franchise. Titanfall is the next big thing. I haven't had this much fun with a game since Halo 3. This game is just incredible.

I find it weird that i'm watching someone else play TF while i'm waiting for my game to install. This is some next gen shit right here.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh damn, plasma cannon packs a crazy punch when you fully charge it. I've really enjoyed each Titan weapon so far.

AdamMPSP

So, I got the xbox one today, loving Titanfall so far. Was trying to join games of people on my friends list, but it wasn't giving me that option, only to invite them to mine. Is there something I'm missing?

Malcolm9

I find it weird that i'm watching someone else play TF while i'm waiting for my game to install. This is some next gen shit right here.

That's a great feature this gen, as rather than just using sites or word of mouth you can watch someone play the game live and see what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom