• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you start the Militia side of the campaign?

I beat the IMC part last night and when I went back to resume tonight it started me back up on the IMC side, do you have to play the whole thing through in one sitting? :eek:

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I put four and a half hours straight into this tonight. I had to pull myself away as I have an interview today at 10am and more job hunting to do. As far as 34 year old icebeezy, that time is an eternity. This game is the real deal.

Sojgat

Always online didn't actually require you to be online whenever you wanted to use the system. An automatic check-in during standby once every 24h was enough.

I know, but it's been like this since last night, so I'd be running into problems pretty soon (in theory).

Anyway, I just want to play Titanfall:(

Timu

Wish I could play this more than 4 hours in a day more often, but I'm usually limited to 1-3 hours and 4 if I get lucky.

Coconut

Banned
Wish I could play this more than 4 hours in a day more often, but I'm usually limited to 1-3 hours and 4 if I get lucky.

The weekend can't come fast enough. The last time I felt like this was TF2. I must become the the best in every match!

DocSeuss

There is nothing quite like playing this game with a full team on separate voice chat.

Kept getting into matches with people way higher than me. Frustrating.

Filler Bunny

Neo Member
This game is the most fun I've had in a multiplayer FPS since LANing Unreal Tournament in highschool.

Well done respawn. Well fucking done.

Onionkid

This game is the most fun I've had in a multiplayer FPS since LANing Unreal Tournament in highschool.

Well done respawn. Well fucking done.

Agreed. For me it reminds me of Q3, UT LAN in HS like you said, and anything of that ilk. Takes me back to 2002-2004. So good, don't know what I think of weapon balance yet, air quotations around that lol because I still chalk a lot up to the "Call of Duty pedigree" of the game...but my friends and I who are currently playing are having a blast.

My buddy on PC is having some major issues with the game.
His specs:
i5-2500K
GTX 570 1.2GB
4 GB RAM

He was running the beta just fine, but in the full game he has had no luck actually loading a level other than the training one. He gets into a lobby, the game starts, he sees the loading background, and then it hangs for a minute. He gets in, spawns and then the game tries to reconnect to the main server, and instantly kicks him. He has reinstalled it already.
Any updates on this? I have the same problem and I have no idea what to do. I thought that was happening because I used VPN to play the game before it launches in Europe, but now I'm afraid it's a bigger problem, unrelated to VPN :/

To clarify - I played beta without any issues (well, there was occasional stuttering and those "retrying connection to server" messages, but it rarely kicked me out). My PC: Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz, 4GB RAM, GTX 560 Ti.

Jarmel

Banned
I can't get on. There is some sort of Origin Error Code 503, where it says Origin Error:Retrieving Player data from storage.

SpacLock

Took two days off work to play this game. I can honestly say that I've been a casual gamer the past two or three years, and I usually play video games around 1-2 hours a night during the week while playing ZERO hours on the weekends, but this game has me hooked. I put my cell on vibrate and played 13 hours worth in two days. Hit Gen 2 level 10 and decided to finally call it a night since my friends got off.

Holy shit... THIS GAME!

d00d3n

I've been using SoftEther VPN . Just connect to a USA VPN, open Origin and load the game, once the game is loading disconnect from the VPN.

I would add that you can also quit the game freely. Just don't close origin, and you can start the game as many times as you wish (if you close origin you have to vpn again). The game even picks a local server to connect to if you restart the game.

elektrixx

Banned
Are any of you playing the Origin version with a controller? I love using a controller but don't think I'll be competitive enough on PC compared to Xbox One.

The beta had some aim assist but it wasn't the same as Xbox One.

Just stopped playing for the night/morning. Managed to get up to level 31.

Game is incredibly fun and I am absolutely in love with the Triple Threat. It's such a fun and devastating weapon. Dropping Electric Smoke and lobbing in grenades leads to instant chaos where the enemy has almost no clue what's going on. Probably going to try adding in the Cluster Missile to that as well just to see how crazy it can get.

Hip Hop

Are any of you playing the Origin version with a controller? I love using a controller but don't think I'll be competitive enough on PC compared to Xbox One.

I'm using the controller exclusively for this game on PC. Have pulled up various 0 deaths games while being MVP. Mouse and controller have never been more even. You will be fine.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I would add that you can also quit the game freely. Just don't close origin, and you can start the game as many times as you wish (if you close origin you have to vpn again). The game even picks a local server to connect to if you restart the game.

Thanks! Was getting fairly bad ping connecting me to US servers, was only disconnecting the VPN after starting the game.

madmackem

Really pissed this is a staggered release, most mp focused titles hit day and date everywhere now. Going to be high level rankers that know maps really well before us chumps roll in on friday. Heck ms still hasnt give us a digital price for godsake.

Controller has been great for me so far, just feels good. There's very VERY little auto aim in this, I've even been trying to test it and I can't even seem to get it to work.

The only problem I ever have is in close quarters with the SMG, I just can't turn fast enough when someone gets behind me. That doesn't happen often though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom