• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriskun

Any one have any advice on dealing with a posse of 3 titans? I feel like the game becomes really lopsided once a team gets 3 titans on the field simultaneously and it's almost unwinnable.

Kyne

Any one have any advice on dealing with a posse of 3 titans? I feel like the game becomes really lopsided once a team gets 3 titans on the field simultaneously and it's almost unwinnable.

a) retreat until backup arrives
b) lure them into a narrow space so that they have to come at you in some sort of line; proceed to take care of them 1 on 1 as they can't shoot through each other.
c) bumrush them with the smoke/nuclear ejection and take as many with you as possible, knowing that death is inevitable.
d) eject from titan and put it on auto; try and take them out on foot while they're distracted.

Double

I have a 50€-coupon for the Titanfall Bundle (or an Xbone alone) on Amazon.de. Please guide me if there is a better thread for this.

Xanathus

Man... the XP requirements for leveling up really spike up at 30 and 40. At 30 I was getting a level every match, at 40 I only get a level ever 3 or 4. And these are matches where I top the scoreboard. To think I thought I'd prestige today.

Jtrizzy

My kdr with the 360 controller on pc is 1.4 I'm fine with that personally. Got to level 22.

Add me if you like...I played solo all night. Jtrizzy754

Use invisibility (Titans can't see invisible players too well), rodeo, profit.

Caayn

Really pissed this is a staggered release, most mp focused titles hit day and date everywhere now. Going to be high level rankers that know maps really well before us chumps roll in on friday. Heck ms still hasnt give us a digital price for godsake.
It's really annoying but I expect that MS and EA want to keep retail happy, otherwise they would've released the digital version already. Since that one isn't tied to distribution routes.

Until we finally get games released on the same day globally, which I doubt will happen anytime soon, we'll need to either wait or use VPN/foreign marketplace.

madmackem

It's really annoying but I expect that MS and EA want to keep retail happy, otherwise they would've released the digital version already. Since that one isn't tied to distribution routes.

Until we finally get games released on the same day globally, which I doubt will happen anytime soon, we'll need to either wait or use VPN/foreign marketplace.

Big mp titles like cod launch day and date with us here, why i was surprised that this was staggered.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Man, great OT. Just scanning through increased my interest in this game.

I'm not usually a fan of online shooters, but this looks (and sounds from the reviews) to be really refreshing.

The various customisation options for both Pilots and Titans are interesting. And all those maps! I've recently been enjoying TLoU multiplayer as an "alternative" approach to online XP driven shootguns, and thought I'd be content with that, but I think I've caught the bug...

I don't have the expendable income to blow on a new system right now, but this game seriously makes me thrilled for all you Xboners out there :)

My kdr with the 360 controller on pc is 1.4 I'm fine with that personally. Got to level 22.

Add me if you like...I played solo all night. Jtrizzy754

My kdr with a mouse and keyboard is about 0.7 and I am fine with that, they have really nailed the feeling of still having fun even when you play shit. I am sure I will get better eventually but it doesn't feel like an uphill battle like when you first step in to Counter Strike and face about 20 hours of hating yourself before you get even kdr.

The Cowboy

Quick question: If the beta ran fine (but on lowest settings), should I expect any problems? I apologize if this was asked/answered already.
Possibly, to me the maps from the beta are the best running maps and some of the other maps require quite a bit more to get them running well.

I can run the 2 beta maps at pretty much a solid 60fps on high settings, yet other maps will drop to the 20/30s in lots of areas. So I really wouldn't take the beta as a standard for what the game will run like - IMO the game (or at least some of the maps) is very badly optimised and should certainly run better than it does (based on a looks vs requirement ration).

The thing is others are reporting no issues at all, so as I 1st said - "possibly".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, since they toned down the number of unlocks and made most of them fairly easy, I'm actually considering prestiging. My only fear is that whenever Titanfall 2 comes, they'll start adding killstreaks and perk unlocks and all the other stuff that makes CoD such a grind. But I guess that'll be something to worry about in a couple of years.

MNC

The campaign multiplayer feels so fake. Maybe its because I'm using a VPN. Or that my framerate feels like 20 to 30. Theres something unfinished to it all. Maybe I should buy a PC.

Are any of you playing the Origin version with a controller? I love using a controller but don't think I'll be competitive enough on PC compared to Xbox One.

The beta had some aim assist but it wasn't the same as Xbox One.

Playing with DS4, had terrible K/D so I thought it was the controller. But last few matches its been hovering around 2.5 to 3, especially after I ditched the suppressor and the fear of being detected by other pilots. You move around so much it doesn't matter if anyone knows what was your position 2 seconds ago.

Was doing great until error 503 started popping up :(

teokrazia

Getting 503 error all the time, this morning.
I just switched to English, with a fresh new installation [because this tweak for me is not working], and I messed again with a VPN in order to unlock the game before the official EU release, so I thought about a kind of ban or profile overwriting issue, but I'm glad it's not just about me. :p

Jtrizzy

My kdr with a mouse and keyboard is about 0.7 and I am fine with that, they have really nailed the feeling of still having fun even when you play shit. I am sure I will get better eventually but it doesn't feel like an uphill battle like when you first step in to Counter Strike and face about 20 hours of hating yourself before you get even kdr.

Agreed. So many games will be trying to find that secret sauce that allows players of all skill levels to enjoy themselves, often even in the same game.

newsguy

Agreed. So many games will be trying to find that secret sauce that allows players of all skill levels to enjoy themselves, often even in the same game.

Secret Sauce is to put a bunch of brain dead AI on the battlefield lol. I can have a 2-10 match and still feel like I accomplished something.

BradC00

Secret Sauce is to put a bunch of brain dead AI on the battlefield lol. I can have a 2-10 match and still feel like I accomplished something.

it's similar to going medic in BF and just reviving and dropping med packs. makes it feel like you a contributing.

Hammer24

Banned
GermanGAF / UKGAF:
What server are you connecting to, Europe West or North? (XB1)
My ping is similar to both, and would like to play more with GAFfers.

THEaaron

Awwww

a9038e65c8df3a4a87924814956c8b00.gif

Hmmm thought the game would be available to me already but according to the Origin store page it seems as though it will unlock in 2 hours and 44 mins. Xboct pls.

Doomed 3 Titans with a single Nuclear blast...soo good. Took out 11 Titans that game.

This game is amazing. I am honestly surprised at how good CTF is. Best CTF since the Halo 2 days IMHO.

Foshy

Got the game in the mail today but have to wait until tomorrow to play it because it hasn't unlocked yet :/ Stupid restrictions.

DarkFlow

Banned
They really need to fix matchmaking or something. It needs to Autoblance shit, and mix the teams up every match. I've already play way too many 3 vs 6, and 2 vs 6 matches.

newsguy

Doomed 3 Titans with a single Nuclear blast...soo good. Took out 11 Titans that game.

This game is amazing. I am honestly surprised at how good CTF is. Best CTF since the Halo 2 days IMHO.

So this was my strategy in the Beta. Auto Eject, nuclear blast (and if you get the super nuclear burn card omg). I am always first place in titan kills, and 90% of them are straight Kamikaze style nuke explosions lol. As for CTF, we ended up playing it last night and I truly feel this is the mode where this game shines. The strategy used in choosing classes matters greatly here. Get a couple of Ogres to watch your flag and send a couple of skilled striders to capture, shit is so intense.

Wow titans can capture flags? I was kinda hoping only pilots could carry the flag, that shit would've been more intense. How are you going to beat a flag carrying Stryder with Dash core on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom