• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinduct

So launch day issues ... How widespread is this btw? Not seeing alot of buzz about it on mainstream media so assume not that much.

Kind of annoying considering the same fucking thing happened with BF4. Beta stress testing held up fine, but launch day it croaked ... then again the game itself was more to blame than servers I guess.

tatsuki

Earlier I selected an atlas refurb burn card by accident while I was waiting to spawn. I quickly changed my burn card before I spawned to something else since I didn't want to use my atlas burn card yet. When I spawned it spawned me in an atlas anyway and also let me keep my atlas refurb burn card. My main titan right now is a stryder. I'm guessing this is a potential glitch that should be sorted out?

http://help.ea.com/en/article/titanfall-unexpected-downtime-on-pc/

Titanfall is currently experiencing connection problems, which means you may not be able to connect to online play, or even might get dropped from an online match you're currently playing.

Rest assured that we're addressing this problem and will provide updates as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience. Please stay tuned to this article for more information.

Welp

DarkFlow

Banned
So launch day issues ... How widespread is this btw? Not seeing alot of buzz about it on mainstream media so assume not that much.

Kind of annoying considering the same fucking thing happened with BF4. Beta stress testing held up fine, but launch day it croaked ... then again the game itself was more to blame than servers I guess.
I've had almost zero problems other then like 5 mins of the servers going crazy at launch. I've played almost 15 hours so far on pc and it's been smooth.

Litearlly just minutes after I VPN unlocked the game to finally try it out since it officially unlocks here when I need to go to bed. Two hours till bed. At least give me one hour of the game please!

Hip Hop

a9038e65c8df3a4a87924814956c8b00.gif

U2NUMB

Played about 6 hours last night with 4 friends. Only one of us had the connection to Xbox Live issue and he was royally pissed about it and rightfully so. But once he got in he was good to go. Party system worked far better than it did in the beta and so far I can not think of a single map I did not like. Only had one VERY bad drop in frames so not bad for 6 hours of play.

Got to level 35... Game is a blast! I do wish the game had a(traditional) campaign as I got pumped up with the intro video... oh well maybe Titanfall 2.

Calmine

Ahh damn the game is down. Having so much fun with the game. Ranking up doesn't seem to hard either already Rank 32, love the G2A4 rifle so glad they kept the weapon like that in.

iJudged

Banned
Holy shit is all I have to say. Picked up the game yesterday omw home from work and I was sucked in.

A vacuum of epicology had spawned right in front of me and I was unable to separate my self from it.

I applaud this digital drug that is about to ruin my social life.

Rizsparky

Possibly, to me the maps from the beta are the best running maps and some of the other maps require quite a bit more to get them running well.

I can run the 2 beta maps at pretty much a solid 60fps on high settings, yet other maps will drop to the 20/30s in lots of areas. So I really wouldn't take the beta as a standard for what the game will run like - IMO the game (or at least some of the maps) is very badly optimised and should certainly run better than it does (based on a looks vs requirement ration).

The thing is others are reporting no issues at all, so as I 1st said - "possibly".

The map with the knee deep water drops frames quite violently, the two beta maps run at 60fps. They really need optimising.

Twinduct

^^^

Ah well the fast fix on the Xbone is a good indication. Hopefully it gets fixed soon for PC then.

I've had almost zero problems other then like 5 mins of the servers going crazy at launch. I've played almost 15 hours so far on pc and it's been smooth.

Well that's great, but yeah judging from other posts this isn't an isolated issue anymore. Starting to think this is less Azure and more EA's login server being bloated.

Then again the error shows after you've connected to the datacenter.

Anyone got in after receiving the error? Or was it pretty much like hitting a wall?

Meccs

Anyone know what the Anti-Aliasing setting "EQ" on PC stands for? It doesn't get saved when I hit apply. It just resets to None when I get out of the settings screen and back in.

Guerrilla

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere already, but wow the forbidden chartz site says titanfall had 441K preorders just for xb1. That's huge if you consider the install base of the console.

Good to see this doing well. I'm having a blast with it so far, although I'm starting to get creamed already...

What system are you buying Titanfall for?

I have the PC version and I am using a VPN to open access to the game.

But I get 10 minutes free to have a quick go and there are server errors. Typical.

Xboner. I know you can do the marketplace/region switch trick but -

a) I don't want to use a credit card etc because I have tons of "Microsoft credit" already on my account that I want to get rid of. The trick doesn't work with "Microsoft credit" as far as I am aware.

b) Frankly I don't trust Microsoft to not console ban me for circumnavigating their convoluted system just to play a game a couple of days early :)

I will wait it out. Not long now!

Hammer24

Banned
Xboner. I know you can do the marketplace/region switch trick but -

a) I don't want to use a credit card etc because I have tons of "Microsoft credit" already on my account that I want to get rid of. The trick doesn't work with "Microsoft credit" as far as I am aware.

b) Frankly I don't trust Microsoft to not console ban me for circumnavigating their convoluted system just to play a game a couple of days early :)

I will wait it out. Not long now!

Wait as long as you want, but both your points are wrong.
Regarding a) The "trick" does work with MS credit. Switch your account to US, and it´ll change the credit to US dollars. I´d never give my CC info into a console either, but both credits and PayPal work like a charm.
Regarding b) MS themselves pointed out the possibility, and encouraged to do so. No wonder, it cuts out the (retail) middleman. I highly doubt they go back on it, wouldn´t make any sense for them.

Really pissed this is a staggered release, most mp focused titles hit day and date everywhere now. Going to be high level rankers that know maps really well before us chumps roll in on friday. Heck ms still hasnt give us a digital price for godsake.

Yes it is ridiculous. I dread to think how leveled up some players are. Even if this doesn't have a massive bearing on weapons (?), practice makes perfect and those players are obviously getting a good go whilst you wait.

I got killed from the back, guy was teabagging me and my Titan fell on him and killed him. I caught it on video too. Game of the forever.

Do idiots still do this?

This is the sort of reason why I must enable Shadowplay when I play the game. Such sweet revenge!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I really love Spyglasses' and Sarah's voices. Hearing "Standby for Titanfall" never gets old.

Wait as long as you want, but both your points are wrong.
Regarding a) The "trick" does work with MS credit. Switch your account to US, and it´ll change the credit to US dollars. I´d never give my CC info into a console either, but both credits and PayPal work like a charm.
Regarding b) MS themselves pointed out the possibility, and encouraged to do so. No wonder, it cuts out the (retail) middleman. I highly doubt they go back on it, wouldn´t make any sense for them.

What, really?

I'm sure I have read that MS spacebucks don't convert or something, not that I have tried it.

And yeah, they probably wouldn't console ban people for such things I was being a bit hyperbolic on that count. Still I will err on the side of caution for the sake of a couple more days.

I love this game, but here are my nitpicks:

It's really strange that they didnt include other modes as part of the campaign, seems like the perfect opportunity to mix it up and come up with other interesting creative ways of setting up the match. Also encourages players to become comfortable with the various modes.

The class tools are very basic. We can't even custom-name our classes, let alone copy/paste them. There's no weapon comparison built in. You cannot see stats of other players in your lobby. Match results are not viewable once you're back in the lobby.

There's too few guns for the pilots.

If your crouched while you enable Stim, you don't automatically un-crouch and run.

I'm ALWAYS hitting the right-stick melee by mistake, usually in the intensity of a gun fight I just grip the so tightly that I trigger it. It leads to my death ALOT.
Battlefield 3 (i think it was BF3) on console had a controller toggle that enabled a smart-melee and would only trigger the melee move if you hit it and were near another player or a window. Why can't other games adopt this?

Oppo

There were a surprising number of posters in here who should be eating crow for breakfast , as they insisted up and down that the TitanFall launch would be "flawless". Dummies.

This is the sort of reason why I must enable Shadowplay when I play the game. Such sweet revenge!
Yeah I wish I enabled Shadowplay on Saturday. Got so many good kills on TotalBiscuit (including one where I jumped over him and then kicked him from behind), but only one made it into his video. :( lol

Xone9

Banned
Played a couple hours and finished the imc campaugn. Level 11. This game is pure joy but it needs battlefields spotting since i am always trying to spot players by accident and throwing grenades instead. Ugh

Also the load times and lobby wait times need to drop

Played a couple hours and finished the imc campaugn. Level 11. This game is pure joy but it needs battlefields spotting since i am always trying to spot players by accident and throwing grenades instead. Ugh

Also the load times and lobby wait times need to drop

This. The spotting or lack of it is something I'm getting used to. Played off and on all last night, no issues at all on Xbox One. My only complaint is I purchased it on my phone thinking it would be installed when I got home from work. Not, but took approximately 1 1/2 hrs to download.

There were a surprising number of posters in here who should be eating crow for breakfast , as they insisted up and down that the TitanFall launch would be "flawless". Dummies.

Relatively speaking, it has been pretty smooth. The problems yesterday were XBL login servers and today it's Origin authentication. None of that is a problem with Titanfall itself or the Microsoft Azure servers it runs on.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I love this game so much :')

Just thought I would come in here and say it. Hell the frame drops and tearing do not even bother me much because how God damn fun this game is!

Eoin

If any EU gaffers want to play the Xbox version, add me.

GT - SQUIRETUCK

Has been the smoothest rollout i've experienced in a long, long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom