• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
So what's everyone's favorite Titan weapons? I haven't strayed from the quad rocket launcher yet, but I'm level 30 and I feel like I should probably experiment lol.

shuri

Banned
After playing this last night for a bit; I feel like I like the game, but it's a shame that Titans are so impersonal and disposable. I expecting them to be incredibly deadly, powerful, unique and hard to bring down; but they almost feel like tanks in BF4, but even more common. I only had time to play a SINGLE round during the beta so I'm finding this out now.

I haven't really tried every mode yet, but I feel that the game would be far more interesting if only one person on each side was a pilot, the others would be grunts; and pilots would be very important; aka treated like VIPs. Every time your team pilot would die, it would switch the role to a new spawning player, this way most people could at least get a try. If you killed the enemy pilot, the other team's "titan spawn" level would reset or something. This way add an urgency to the need to take down pilots. The 'titan spawn' counter would rise as your team killed enemies / fulfilled objectives. And kills/objectives made by pilots would bring in far more points or something.

Now every human player can get a titan fast, and from what I played, it's very, VERY easy and far too casual to bring one down. A well coordinated team of humans can take down a Titan much faster than another Titan can. There should be some sort of cooldown method at least to spawn a Titan

Is there an actual limit of how many titans can be the battlefield on each side? Last night it felt like I would see 2-3 titans on each side duking it all at once.

I'll be honest, I think it's more efficient to be playing as an human in this game, the titans are too slow and too easy to bring down. You get shit done much faster as a human. The way things are balanced now, titans feel like novelties :( They look cool when they fight and that it. Titans are too slow, not acrobatic enough, the boosts don't really work well considering most fights are in streets so you always end up ramming into walls and whats not.

as a human, you can far more easily escape enemy fire by using parkour and cloaks, while if you are in a titan, you are giant super tall target slowly walking around, people can take shots at you from inside buildings, etc.

I also feel that the environments should had been destructable. After playing BF4, going back to a world where everything is made out of adamantium is kinda meh. It would certainly had a lot to the strategy and gameplay as humans or as a titan.

I think it's a very fun multiplayer title, its very well made. but it's missing that little something to make it a true modern classic.

Milennia

ok, finally prestiged.
i clocked in at 12 hours.

According to my buddy who is 3rd prestige, it will take that amount of time to hit the next as well.

v0mitg0d

Guys I cannot log into XBL via my X1? It doesn't appear to be a systemic issue as I see people on Twitter playing. I havent been able to login since about 4PM yesterday. Please tell me this isn't just me. :(

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I played for a good 7-8 hours last night until I just realized if I didn't go to bed now I'd never make it to the office the next day.

Holy shit that was exciting. It runs decently on my laptop but I still find myself fiddling with the settings, I can't help but feel it would run better if it supported higher DX's. Currently with everything on medium and shadows off I bounce between 50 and 80 fps, some maps that have a lot of effects bring be down a bit lower than 50. So currently I'm debating whether or not I want it pretty or I want it fast. I'm leaning towards fast because it's not like the game is mindbogglingly beautiful on max anyways.

I went through both the campaigns and played a bit of multiplayer. All I have to say is that while I think it serves its purpose as a good introduction to the game's mechanics, but that's probably because most of the people I played the campaign with tended to be fresh off the boat like me.

The hammond industries map / the strider factory thing is easily my favorite hardpoint map and honestly I find hardpoint to be my favorite game mode in general. Hardpoint is awesome because out of all the game modes I feel like I can make the most difference in it.

My favorite moment of last night was during the hard point map in the red planet place, I dropped my auto titan outside of bravo and set it on follow while I ran around inside picking people off who made it inside. My fucking auto titan, now henceforth referred to as auto-bro doomed THREE titans on his own and took out like 3 pilots and we held bravo solo the whole match. It was super close but we lost by like 9 points. As soon as we lost I jumped out the window into auto-bros hand and we made for the escape point. Once we arrived we had so many people on our tail and the rest of my team had been wiped out, so I said good bye to auto-bro and force ejected to trigger the nuclear ejection and took out most of everyone following us while I plummeted into the dropship moments before it took off.

FUCKING

AMAZING

If there is one feature I would love is for a mode where I can just explore the maps, to learn neat wall running tricks or to see all possible routes in a more freeform setting. I haven't checked training mode after the forced training at the beginning but I assume it to be the same thing, I would love to have a training mode where I can just try out every gun or something.

Also the smartpistol is incredibly fun, probably my second favorite weapon behind the shotty. I only made it to level 20 but I am gonna try and hit gen 2 tonight after work. Can't wait to hop in again.

oakenhild

After playing this last night for a bit; I feel like I like the game, but it's a shame that Titans are so impersonal and disposable. I expecting them to be incredibly deadly, powerful, unique and hard to bring down; but they almost feel like tanks in BF4, but even more common. I only had time to play a SINGLE round during the beta so I'm finding this out now.

I think it's about balance. As it is, it can be sort of slow to take down a titan as a pilot (let alone 2-4). If they were much more powerful/armored, as a pilot you'd just have to ignore them outright, and you'd end up having 2 separate battles. The titans vs. titans, and pilots vs. pilots.

Bizazedo

Spamming chat with Militia hate has been quite fun. IMC 4 life baby. Down with the fooking prawns.

After finishing both campaigns, I have decided Spyglass is the shit and Blisk is awesome. It's almost refreshing that it's more of a Good vs Bad instead of both being Grey.

Militia are morons. If you tried to make a movie and had their leaders become their leaders like they do in the campaign, the movie would be ridiculed.

Well, okay, MAYBE Macallen....

Faltimar

So far my favorite mode is the one where there are 3 points and you gain points by holding them. The matches are crazy and they seem to last a good length.

I dont really like using a titan so I always set it to guard one of the cap points and just continue to run around pilot style.

So far my favorite mode is the one where there are 3 points and you gain points by holding them. The matches are crazy and they seem to last a good length.

I dont really like using a titan so I always set it to guard one of the cap points and just continue to run around pilot style.

Yeah, it's my favorite, too. The game seems to be built more for Hardpoint than for Attrition matches. It's so rewarding fighting through titans and pilots to cap a point by yourself.

ACE 1991

Also are there any news of updated AMD drivers? I'd really like to be able to stay above 45+ at all times on my 6950. Currently have no AA and everything on high except shadow detail with high textures. I feel like my card should be able to run this fine.

Redshirt

Banned
Guys I cannot log into XBL via my X1? It doesn't appear to be a systemic issue as I see people on Twitter playing. I havent been able to login since about 4PM yesterday. Please tell me this isn't just me. :(

The issue was corrected last night, but some XB1s still need the cache cleared or something. I don't know, but this voodoo works:

Turn off the XB1. Remove the power cable. Let it be for a few minutes. Turn it back on.

The Cowboy

So what's everyone's favorite Titan weapons? I haven't strayed from the quad rocket launcher yet, but I'm level 30 and I feel like I should probably experiment lol.
I love the Arc Cannon (the lightning gun :D), I'm mainly using this at the moment. I thought I would like the Plasma Railgun when I read up on it during the thread revealing the weapons, but I just don't like using it at all.

Looking forward to trying the Triple Threat - I hear good things about it.
----
Love the game so much, but man does it need Search and Destroy mode - my favourite MP FPS game type.

Make it happen Respawn :D.

Nydius

Militia are morons. If you tried to make a movie and had their leaders become their leaders like they do in the campaign, the movie would be ridiculed.

Gotta admit, the way the campaign mode portrays them, I have to agree. However, I still tend to favor the Militia based on the small amount of lore they gave us for the game (mostly on the website). The IMC is Halliburton + Blackwater on steroids.

shandy706

The issue was corrected last night, but some XB1s still need the cache cleared or something. I don't know, but this voodoo works:

Turn off the XB1. Remove the power cable. Let it be for a few minutes. Turn it back on.

This isn't really necessary.

Do a hard reset instead. Hold the power button for 5-6 seconds. Wait a couple seconds after shutdown. Turn on and patiently wait for reboot. ;)

Faltimar

That Triple-Threat gun for the titans is a pain in the ass on Hardpoint. I'll be defending a cap point and some bastard will shoot them big ass grenade things in the room and kill everyone in there.

Coconut

Banned

I haven't really tried every mode yet, but I feel that the game would be far more interesting if only one person on each side was a pilot, the others would be grunts; and pilots would be very important; aka treated like VIPs. Every time your team pilot would die, it would switch the role to a new spawning player, this way most people could at least get a try. If you killed the enemy pilot, the other team's "titan spawn" level would reset or something. This way add an urgency to the need to take down pilots. The 'titan spawn' counter would rise as your team killed enemies / fulfilled objectives. And kills/objectives made by pilots would bring in far more points or something.

Now every human player can get a titan fast, and from what I played, it's very, VERY easy and far too casual to bring one down. A well coordinated team of humans can take down a Titan much faster than another Titan can. There should be some sort of cooldown method at least to spawn a Titan

Is there an actual limit of how many titans can be the battlefield on each side? Last night it felt like I would see 2-3 titans on each side duking it all at once.

I'll be honest, I think it's more efficient to be playing as an human in this game, the titans are too slow and too easy to bring down. You get shit done much faster as a human. The way things are balanced now, titans feel like novelties :( They look cool when they fight and that it. Titans are too slow, not acrobatic enough, the boosts don't really work well considering most fights are in streets so you always end up ramming into walls and whats not.

as a human, you can far more easily escape enemy fire by using parkour and cloaks, while if you are in a titan, you are giant super tall target slowly walking around, people can take shots at you from inside buildings, etc.

I also feel that the environments should had been destructable. After playing BF4, going back to a world where everything is made out of adamantium is kinda meh. It would certainly had a lot to the strategy and gameplay as humans or as a titan.

I think it's a very fun multiplayer title, its very well made. but it's missing that little something to make it a true modern classic.

Interesting doesn't equal fun and fun is the main goal of a multiplayer shooter.

As for the easily destroyed Titan complaints... Learn how to play better and customize your Titan to compliment your play style.

My experience with the game and engagements with pilots and titans has been so varied. Example last night I engaged 4 titans one after another 2 in my Titan and two while my Titan was automated and I was on a roof with my anti-Titan weapon and just owning if you are a bad pilot your mech is going down, but a game earlier there were three titans just fucking my team and myself up
and it didn't matter how many titans we had.

As for as for the destructability stuff, it was never on the plate when they were showing the game so it's unfair to complain about it not being in the final product.

m@cross

Despite the "not caused by TitanFall" server issues, I am glad this seems to have launched with minor, in comparison to other EA products, server issues. Hopefully EA learned their lesson and this will be fixed on all platforms moving forward.

Prezhulio

Played to level 5, just as fun as it was during the beta. I'll hopefully come back to this often for a long time!

Shame it runs like dog shit on xbone though. Never saw giant bombs "single digit fps", but hoh boy the tearing and unstable framerate....terrible.

Delt31

any best fits for load outs? I can't seem to get a good feel for the rifle (GS something) - its just too slow. any suggestions for those that use it?

Kajiba

CAR SMG is so good. Main weapons I was only using at first was the carbine and the G2A4. Decided to give that a gun a try; boy does it get the job done on medium to small maps.

I just realize I'm level 37 already too lol. Gen 2 before the week ends.

Strider

Despite the "not caused by TitanFall" server issues, I am glad this seems to have launched with minor, in comparison to other EA products, server issues. Hopefully EA learned their lesson and this will be fixed on all platforms moving forward.

It's not an EA owned studio and the game isn't using EA servers. Don't expect EA to learn anything from this.

MegaBusta

I played for a little bit on PC last night and got to level 12 and had an absolute blast. I'm having a hard time choosing whether to play DS2 or Titanfall when I get home from work.

BondFancy

Biggest thing I have noticed personally, don't flame me but I'm gonna do a quick COD comparison. Everytime I finished a match in COD I felt like the matches were too short because I didn't fit in everything I wanted to do (I.e. More kills, more killstreaks ect.). However in titanfall every match feels completely full, I have yet to finish a game dissatisfied nor have I had the same rinse and repeat scenarios occur which even BF4 I believe was guilty of...all and all this is really refreshing. Game changing probably not but definitely a fresh take to FPS' in general.

Delt31

CAR SMG is so good. Main weapons I was only using at first was the carbine and the G2A4. Decided to give that a gun a try; boy does it get the job done on medium to small maps.

I just realize I'm level 37 already too lol. Gen 2 before the week ends.

any tips for the G2A4? I just can;t see how its good.

McLovin

Funny story, my cousin got a gaming pc so I got to play titanfall. Fun game, but it looked off. I was like he are you sure you maxed everything out? He said yeah. I'm like but why does the grass look like that, and some of the textures look funny. He thought I was just trolling his pc out of jealousy. I checked the settings and everything was maxed out, but the resolution wasn't. It was set to 1280x720(thats the xbox one resolution right?) it couldn't be changed until I backed all the way out of the game. It looked way better at full 1920x1080. Not next-gen ultra settings better though. I'm surprised they didn't go all out on the pc version, its obvious it could have looked better. Not sure why they held that version back.

Milennia

i pretty much only used the ogre and smoke/cluster missle/tactical cooldown kit/40MM with burst.

for the pilot i only used the R101, suppressor and 2.1 optic/arc nades/wingman *fucking good ass pistol, 2 body hits and 1 headshot for a pilot kill and the delay isn't annoying either, not like BF4 magnums/tactical cooldown *the battery perk/minion detector (never really needed or used)/cloak

i obviously swapped some things out when i unlocked these kits and perks.
before, i was using the nuke for the titan until i unlocked the tactical cool down, as well as the faster reload on the pilot.

i dabbled in the other weapons, such as the hemlock and CAR.. i was super hyped for them but i found them disappointing coming from the versatility and virtually 0 recoil of the carbine.

cross map sniping with an automatic is fun and my micro bursting ability that was carried over from BF4, the ultimate micro burst game... has treated me well.

Redmoon

I'm at 9 1/2 hours at level 46. My leveling has slowed down so much once I got to the 40s.

How are you all leveling up so fast? I'm sitting at 46 on 18 hours, doing nothing but Hardpoint. Granted half the time I wasn't earning challenge xp boosts ( I regret not swapping weapons sooner).

Also, lagoon...so beautiful.

Damn, seems like everyone is loving this. Glad to know the servers are holding up well and we don't have another BF4 fiasco, courtesy of EA. Good job, Respawn.

Gonna buy the game and start this weekend! Anyone wanna add me on Origin? Would love to play with some GAF members. ID: dawncunanan

I'll be playing this on PC using a 360 controller - anyone having any issues online with it? I suck at KB/M.
laugh.gif

Rnr1224

I was looking through some of the challenges and noticed that your auto-titan has two different modes. One seems to be a guard mode and the second one I can't recall the name. Is there any specific way to change its mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom