• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
terrible gun

would be much better if hip firing was pixel perfect accurate

problem is you can replicate its functionality with the standard sniper rifle with an acog scope and kill in two shots

Yep, you know I've noticed with how fast paced Titanfall is I find myself using guns that are more reliable when fired from the hip more and more.

I stick to shotguns, and pistols more than anything. The SMG has better hipfire than the carbine too which is odd.

Coconut

Banned
Funny story, my cousin got a gaming pc so I got to play titanfall. Fun game, but it looked off. I was like he are you sure you maxed everything out? He said yeah. I'm like but why does the grass look like that, and some of the textures look funny. He thought I was just trolling his pc out of jealousy. I checked the settings and everything was maxed out, but the resolution wasn't. It was set to 1280x720(thats the xbox one resolution right?) it couldn't be changed until I backed all the way out of the game. It looked way better at full 1920x1080. Not next-gen ultra settings better though. I'm surprised they didn't go all out on the pc version, its obvious it could have looked better. Not sure why they held that version back.

Generally multiplayer games reduce the bells and whistles and it's safe to assume that they are going for lowest common denominator for PC so more people can play it.

Redmoon

I was looking through some of the challenges and noticed that your auto-titan has two different modes. One seems to be a guard mode and the second one I can't recall the name. Is there any specific way to change its mode?

Should be v to change its mode. And the second mode is follow mode.

Milennia

How much faster was it to hit the second prestige?

2nd meaning your first, poor choice of words on my part.
But my friend is 3rd right now so i can still answer, it takes about the same amount of time, considering the fact that you have to complete those specific challenges.

Funny story, my cousin got a gaming pc so I got to play titanfall. Fun game, but it looked off. I was like he are you sure you maxed everything out? He said yeah. I'm like but why does the grass look like that, and some of the textures look funny. He thought I was just trolling his pc out of jealousy. I checked the settings and everything was maxed out, but the resolution wasn't. It was set to 1280x720(thats the xbox one resolution right?) it couldn't be changed until I backed all the way out of the game. It looked way better at full 1920x1080. Not next-gen ultra settings better though. I'm surprised they didn't go all out on the pc version, its obvious it could have looked better. Not sure why they held that version back.

Mine defaulted to 720p as well for some reason and low settings, even though my 7950 can more than handle the game at 1080p and highish settings

MajorPain

Really liking hardpoint in this game. Love running over to capture a point in my Titan jumping out and putting my Titan in guard mode just feels bad ass.

One thing I hate is that stupid kick got kicked so many times last night and seems like one kick and that's it. Wouldn't be so bad if the kick felt more intense or something but it just feels stupid not sure something off about it. Other than that love the game.

Stratn

I'll be playing this on PC using a 360 controller - anyone having any issues online with it? I suck at KB/M.
laugh.gif

Using the 360 controller explicitly, and doing pretty good with it...I'm competitive every game, and have gotten MVP twice. Dont worry about keeping up with the K/M your going to do just fine!!!

bronson

Campaign seems so perfunctory, to the point of irrelevance.

Worse than that, it's actually less fun than just playing multiplayer. In "Classic" mode, players join and quit at will between matches, like any competitive game. But in campaign, if you stomp your opponents and they leave, you have to find another set of people to play against -- sometimes in the level you just played, or the one before that. It's the same if your own team gets worked -- if you leave because you don't want to get your ass handed to you again, you risk rejoining on the same campaign level.

What's frustrating is that you could just ignore campaign, but they lock titans away if you do.

Is it just me, or is the Arc Cannon absolutely terrible? Whether I'm charging to full or rapid firing, it doesn't do any damage whatsoever. Not to mention that 1-2 40 mm shots seems to do as much damage as the full Arc Cannon charge in much less time. I think a buff is warranted.

I'm totally sold on the MTMS. You can queue up the missiles while an enemy Titan is still in their bubble shield and let them fly as soon as the shield goes down. BOOM!

Is it just me, or is the Arc Cannon absolutely terrible? Whether I'm charging to full or rapid firing, it doesn't do any damage whatsoever. Not to mention that 1-2 40 mm shots seems to do as much damage as the full Arc Cannon charge in much less time. I think a buff is warranted.

An Arc Cannon shot is not as easily blocked or dodged.

Game runs great on my PC but holy fuck do I suck at first person shooters using a K/M.

I'm with you on k/m. I have been playing with a
360 controller
. I assume I cannot claim PC Master Race accordingly. I am sucking about as much as I do when I play any FPS on a console.

Just realized I've played 8+ hours and still haven't seen the Smuggler's Cove map.

Wasn't it in the "campaign" rotation?

The good old Call of Duty C4/Dom trick. Capture hardpoint, throw couple of sachets in two nearby corners, move on to next point. As soon as the announcer says you're losing that point, pull the trigger. Guaranteed one or two kills.

How are you guys feeling about scopes? I used an AOG (I think?) on the assault rifle for a match and did well with it in terms of picking off dudes at longer ranges, but suffered on the short game.

So i dont think this has been confirmed anywhere in this thread yet via a search...

Can anyone comment on the Xbox One's use of the impulse triggers in Titanfall? Did respawn use them in game?

I heard someone in a thread someplace (not this one) say that they are used in combination with the rumble packs in the palm grips to tell you where you're getting shot from indicating direction?

Eoin

CTF is so fucking good in this game, it just ebbs and flows in a way that keeps the action ratcheted up to an insane level. Just had the most epic 0-0 draw, so many close calls and almost scores. If anyone hasn't tried this mode out yet, you need to get on it.

Coconut

Banned
How are you guys feeling about scopes? I used an AOG (I think?) on the assault rifle for a match and did well with it in terms of picking off dudes at longer ranges, but suffered on the short game.

My weapon setup is the generic assault rifle with the acog and I'm jumping around the roof tops and keeping a medium range effectively being a sniper and the auto pistol for short range engagements. Scopes compliment the size of the maps.

aravuus

Hardpoint is a lot more fun than Attrition, gonna give CTF a try next. Also shotgun fucking rocks, I'm really bad with it, did 1-6 last match but it's SO FUCKING FUN LIK GOD DAMN

m23

So i dont think this has been confirmed anywhere in this thread yet via a search...

Can anyone comment on the Xbox One's use of the impulse triggers in Titanfall? Did respawn use them in game?

I heard someone in a thread someplace (not this one) say that they are used in combination with the rumble packs in the palm grips to tell you where you're getting shot from indicating direction?

I think Abbie from Respawn tweeted that they don't use them.

Edit: Here's the tweet.

gossi

CTF is so fucking good in this game, it just ebbs and flows in a way that keeps the action ratcheted up to an insane level. Just had the most epic 0-0 draw, so many close calls and almost scores. If anyone hasn't tried this mode out yet, you need to get on it.

This. For serious. CTF is good.

Faltimar

The good old Call of Duty C4/Dom trick. Capture hardpoint, throw couple of sachets in two nearby corners, move on to next point. As soon as the announcer says you're losing that point, pull the trigger. Guaranteed one or two kills.

Thats what Ive been doing. I have whatever perk thing that gives me 3 satchels so I throw 2 in/around the the cap point and one outside near my titan thats standing guard. When I hear that my titan is engaging someone or if I hear that that point is being captured I trigger the satchels. Always score a kill or two.

I'm with you on k/m. I have been playing with a
360 controller
. I assume I cannot claim PC Master Race accordingly. I am sucking about as much as I do when I play any FPS on a console.

Wasn't it in the "campaign" rotation?

Just checked and it wasn't.

I kinda wish there was some form of veto system.

Just checked and it wasn't.

I kinda wish there was some form of veto system.

I'm torn on adding a voting system. I feel that it sometimes slips into one of two scenarios:

1. a bitchfest when the options are maps that some people don't like
2. a smaller rotation of maps because the masses have decided that only a few maps are worth playing.

It gets the job done. I am not sucking worse or doing any better with it but I'm just way more comfortable using one.

My experience too. I was expecting to get worked over more since I am assuming the majority of PC players are using kb/m.

Hasney

Getting right on it once I clear up the campaign. CTF parkour does seem tremendously fun for a fan of Tribes.

Grisby

Man, performance is disappointing on the x1. Just stuttering an dips everywhere.

Hopefully a patch might iron some of this out.

aravuus

How is it on PC overall? Thinking about getting it but I'm mediocre at FPS. Is matchmaking any good or is it custom servers?

Matchmaking, and it's.. Well, it kind of works. I find games no problem, not really laggy and so on but they never mix up the teams. So if you end up in a team that loses by more than 20% of points, you better change servers, cause you're gonna be losing all the time.

HelloMeow

The last few days the game was a bit more difficult than the beta, because most people playing the game were decent, but now there seems to have come an end to that.

Mesoian

Anyone maining Last Titan Standing?

It's a little slow, so no. Played a ton in the beta, but the campy nature of it makes it boring to play over and over again.

I get annoyed when I do the Variety playlist and it's just LTS over and over and over again.

My day off from work was justified. Here are the things that stood out to me from 8-10 hours of playtime yesterday.

The good
-movement and general controls are sublime. Tempted to call it perfection for a controller FPS.
-enough maps, and I don't think I found one I don't like.
-servers performed beautifully.
-general gameplay makes every other shooter seem boring in comparison.
-the Titan/Pilot gameplay dynamics are amazingly well designed. It's clear how much thought went into it.
-graphics look appealing enough to me, even at 792p. Clean image. Amazing art design.

The not so good
-the screen tearing on XB1, and the framerate too. Please leave the resolution alone. Just make it run better.
-lack of guns. What is here is enough, but I'd love more just for the variety alone.
-lack of customization for weapons and Titans. No, I don't want a leopard print gun skin, but maybe give me 5 color schemes to choose from? Again, just a little variety goes a long way.

Overall the complaints are few. This is one of the coolest games I've played in a long time. So amazing to see it show up so early in this new generation.

malfcn

Game is all about momentum. Keep wall running to build speed and get kills to drop A Titan faster to bring your core online quicker and dominate. If you slow down use some burn cards to pick up the pace again.

Sioen

The game is alot of fun yes, but the framerate SUCKS on xb1. They should lower the resolution to 720p if that helps. The uneven framerate and screen tearing do make the game less fun than it actually should be.

Camp Lo

Banned
It's a little slow, so no. Played a ton in the beta, but the campy nature of it makes it boring to play over and over again.

I get annoyed when I do the Variety playlist and it's just LTS over and over and over again.

I think I'm going to try Variety now but as for right now, LTS is my favorite mode.

xkramz

Shit, well that's a huge wasted opportunity... more evidence of the rush. You know they would have used them in some really cool ways if they had the time.
Rush? I don't think they rushed the game. 3 1/2 years is long enough for MP only game IMO.

I do agree on the special edition TF Xbox one and not being sold to the public and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom