• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapow

If I bought this game from a russian site is there no way I can get a refund? Or would EA consider it

Edit: I ask because I don't know if i'll get my account banned for saying i bought from a russian site, I don't really know the ethics of it all

Rush? I don't think they rushed the game. 3 1/2 years is long enough for MP only game IMO.

I do agree on the special edition TF Xbox one and not being sold to the public and stuff.

Well ok... rush is a poor choice. I should have said if they had more time i could see them implementing the impulse triggers in some cool ways but they wanted to focus on the core stuff and make their launch date.

Imagine all the cool pilot firing weapons or jet pack rumble stuff they could have done... or neat stuff for when you're in the titans... or ejecting etc. Loads of cool possibilities. They really allow, when combined with the palm motors, for a different experience. Forza really showcased that in a super simple form.

It's a little slow, so no. Played a ton in the beta, but the campy nature of it makes it boring to play over and over again.

I get annoyed when I do the Variety playlist and it's just LTS over and over and over again.

Camping? In Last Titan Standing? That's a strategy for colossal failure. I find the game mode a far more methodical, intelligent, then anything else. It's not nearly as twitchy as the others.

Mesoian

So is there a benefit to hacking enemy AI bots? Does it help make a difference in the outcome of a match?

Not really...the AI for the spectres should be bumped up if they were meant to be such a part of the gameplay.

Turrets can be interesting though.

I'll be playing this on PC using a 360 controller - anyone having any issues online with it? I suck at KB/M.
laugh.gif

Been playing with my DS4, no real problems here.
Of course, you won't be doing any crazy bunny hops/wall runs or outgun someone that is behind you as you would on KBM.

Mesoian

Camping? In Last Titan Standing? That's a strategy for colossal failure. I find the game mode a far more methodical, intelligent, then anything else. It's not nearly as twitchy as the others.

Having one person on a high point of a map sniping down with the arc canon or the rail gun while other people kite enemy mechs into open areas works really well if your team is organized.

But that's still a little boring.

The Cowboy

Any word on when/if Respawn plan to put triple buffering vsync back in the PC version?, and also any word on why it was removed in the 1st place?.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
So is there a benefit to hacking enemy AI bots? Does it help make a difference in the outcome of a match?

I don't get it, either. You are just giving the enemy more cannon fodder to boost their Titan builds. Maybe the benefit are the XP you're getting, don't know how much that is.

Mesoian

Been playing with my DS4, no real problems here.
Of course, you won't be doing any crazy bunny hops/wall runs or outgun someone that is behind you as you would on KBM.

Eh, I dunno. I find a lot of people doing the "mash A and D while keeping the cursor on the enemy" PC FPS tactic dying a lot more than normal in Titanfall compared to other games. No one will argue that pad is more accurate than mouse, but there's something about Analog movement that I think a lot of PC gamers have forgotten about. Feels good man.

Toski

The game is alot of fun yes, but the framerate SUCKS on xb1. They should lower the resolution to 720p if that helps. The uneven framerate and screen tearing do make the game less fun than it actually should be.

Lowering the resolution by 72 lines isn't going to give 50 fps back.

BraXzy

Jealous of all of you who have played a tonne already. I get back to the UK friday afternoon when it comes out there so I am gonna set it to install/download as soon as I get in and hope I'm not jet-lagged enough to hinder me playing :L

Thats what Ive been doing. I have whatever perk thing that gives me 3 satchels so I throw 2 in/around the the cap point and one outside near my titan thats standing guard. When I hear that my titan is engaging someone or if I hear that that point is being captured I trigger the satchels. Always score a kill or two.

Yup, and now I just got the unlimited sachet burn card. Gonna be fun :D

I don't get it, either. You are just giving the enemy more cannon fodder to boost their Titan builds. Maybe the benefit are the XP you're getting, don't know how much that is.

I hear they stick around for a long time, so maybe a small army could help disguise the player?

cool_dude

Banned
Playing XB1 version on a 13 foot projected image. Have not perceived any significant tearing. Slowdowns are there, but do not detract from the pace of the game.

Very pleased, and would be ecstatic if any performance enhancements are done.

Which situations are people seeing 10 fps or less? I watched my buddy play for 4-5 hours yesterday and saw some drops into what looked like the 30s, but nothing as extreme as what I've seen or read here.

Toski

50fps? Really man?

Some people act as if dropping the resolution to 720p is going to keep the game locked at 60, or prevent those rare times when it drops into the single digits. What I'm saying is dropping the resolution to 720p isn't going make the game run at 55fps when it dropped to 5 at 792p.

Hacking Spectres goes towards XP. Also, I'm pretty sure there's various challenges for doing it (unlocking burn cards, etc). For whatever reason, I usually hack them if I can, it's fun to have a squad of spectres following you, kinda like having bodyguards.

One thing I'd like to know, that I plan on investigating tonight, is if you can give orders to them (follow/guard)?

Kyzon

What's the secret in effectively using cluster missiles? I can't seem to do much with them.

I use Cluster as well. I tend to aim near a titan's feet. It typically hit's the ground and continues damaging them while I'm in cover charging my rail gun or that electric gun.

Another good use (for me at least) is to find someone near a corner, dash up to them, use the cluster at point blank, and drop smoke as well. Then Punch/Shoot the shit out of them XD

I hear they stick around for a long time, so maybe a small army could help disguise the player?

They stay until you die. You can guard points in closed quarters pretty well with them if you get a bunch around. Great with CTF.

Eh, I dunno. I find a lot of people doing the "mash A and D while keeping the cursor on the enemy" PC FPS tactic dying a lot more than normal in Titanfall compared to other games. No one will argue that pad is more accurate than mouse, but there's something about Analog movement that I think a lot of PC gamers have forgotten about. Feels good man.

Well, I can't comment on how others are playing the game.
My personal history with FPS is 50/50 in terms of pad and kbm (pad on console bf, kbm on UT, Quake and TF2.) So I guess my familiarity with analog movement would be higher than say a purely pc-kbm gamer.

That said, I still feel it's true that pads won't be able to maximize one's parkour/maneuverability. This is simply due to the fact that the right analog stick can't turn the camera as fast as the mouse. Like I said earlier, I can't outgun someone who is behind me when I play with the controller.

Of course, the trade off is that it's easier to kill with controller aim assist.

Jarmel

Banned
A hearty fuck you to whoever decided about the Gen V requirement being critical hits with the charge laser. This shit will take forever.

Some people act as if dropping the resolution to 720p is going to keep the game locked at 60, or prevent those rare times when it drops into the single digits. What I'm saying is dropping the resolution to 720p isn't going make the game run at 55fps when it dropped to 5 at 792p.

If it drops to 5 it's for a few seconds out of multiple hours of play. I played for many hours yesterday and only saw severe framerate issues like that once or twice.

But yeah, I get the point you're making in general. That slight resolution decrease isn't going to make major gains on the framerate.

However, because Respawn have said they intend to increase the resolution, that tells me somehow they're going tapping into a lot of extra resources from somewhere, and I just hope they put those resources towards smoothing out performance.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Anyone else worried they'll get bored quickly? It's a great game but there really isn't much to it.
You'd have to define quickly really. The crackish addiction will definitely wane but that's natural. Bored within the next few days? Nah. Months? Certainly.

I use Cluster as well. I tend to aim near a titan's feet. It typically hit's the ground and continues damaging them while I'm in cover charging my rail gunor that electric gun.

What do you think of he rail gun? I've tried it in a couple of matches and didn't really care for it. But, maybe I just need time to learn to use it properly?

Grisby

It seems worse than the beta to me. I think it could be the servers. Deffo Dissapointing
Yeah, I'm loving the game but the technical side is leaving something to be desired.

Art style sure can be pretty though. Feel like I'm going to run into Matt Damon who's on his way to Elysium or something.

Mesoian

What do you think of he rail gun? I've tried it in a couple of matches and didn't really care for it. But, maybe I just need time to learn to use it properly?

It's fuckin' garbage. For a gun that reduces movement, vision and takes as long as it does to fire, It does shit damage. I was getting more consistant damage from the Arc Canon, which is primarily a "Sheild's First" style weapon.

Caayn

I'm beginning to believe that it's impossible to get on the other faction in the campaign. I've lost track over how many times I've tried now, but each time I end up with the IMC even when the Militia has fewer or even no players at all.
Yes, I've completed the campaign twice with each faction. Yet it still drops me in the IMC every freaking time.

I like this game, but it does feel shallow and content is a bit lacking. I'm cool with multiplayer only, but that used to mean dozens and dozens of maps, modes, mods, mutators and shit in UT2004. And Bots that were worth a damn.

Its fun, just wondering for how long. Seems a bit disposable.

Zeliard

Anyone maining Last Titan Standing?

I haven't tried it since the beta but I'm not really a huge fan of that mode.

I think the Titan battles in the game are pretty fun, but I much prefer them in the context of a game mode that also features a lot of Pilot combat and movement or some sort of objective-based gameplay.

I know LTS can feature a bit of Pilot action since some get out of their Titans early or when it's about to explode, but if I wanted largely mech combat I'd just go play Hawken. :p

CoD seemed to do fine.

This game feels more limited than CoD. Lack of guns, player options, unlocks, no SP campaign or coop modes. Most CoD titles seem to have much more to them than this does. For a full on MP release, it feels small as hell.

Game is tons of fun and is different, but for a $60 MP only game this also feels like it should be far more feature rich game.

The season pass stuff is a huge bummer as this feels like a game that could use some serious content updates that aren't paid for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom