• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well umm since it's showing 49.99GB for preloading, where will it stop actually downloading? At 20-21GB? Also I hope someone finds a way to safely remove the additional languages, English is enough for me and I would like to reclaim some HDD space :p

Just finishing up the campaign and had my best game of Hardpoint so far. I think objective gametypes are where it's at for this game.

iQG8IiLGqMHNI.jpg

Kyzon

What do you think of he rail gun? I've tried it in a couple of matches and didn't really care for it. But, maybe I just need time to learn to use it properly?

I love it! One fully charged hit instantly drains a titan's shields, and takes a bit of damage. Then it's easy picking from there unless you're getting ganked.

Thanks! I didn't know how long or when to get worried.

Ya, I can definitely understand the concern, I was that way when I first started going through them too. I've been getting quite a decent amount of games from them with these deals, I remember for AC3 they offered 1600MSP ($20).

But ya, if you don't see something by this time next week I'd get a hold of support and I'm sure they can either resend the email if it never got to you, or just give you the code outright.

legacyzero

Banned
Just finishing up the campaign and had my best game of Hardpoint so far. I think objective gametypes are where it's at for this game.

I dunno...

People don't know how to play objective matches. All morning during campaign, people on my team are piling up the kills, but we still lost because they wouldn't go for the objectives. It's dumb.

EDIT: And by the way, I think you were in a couple of my matches yesterday. YA JERK! :p

PhatSaqs

Banned
I dunno...

People don't know how to play objective matches. All morning during campaign, people on my team are piling up the kills, but we still lost because they wouldn't go for the objectives. It's dumb.
Yeah this sucks. Even the announcer will tell you "Hey this aint about the kills, we need those hardpoints." Yet I see my teammates camping on top of buildings or duking it out in one on one Titan battles on the other side of the map.... :/

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I dunno...

Give it time, I gather a lot of people don't even know the name of the game modes, which is especially a problem during campaign since you don't even know the game mode until the mission starts.

Also just the sheer amount of mobility and the titans drops are probably extremely distracting to a lot of new players. Especially since a lot of people don't seem to know about / make use of the auto titan.

Camp Lo

Banned
I haven't tried it since the beta but I'm not really a huge fan of that mode.

I think the Titan battles in the game are pretty fun, but I much prefer them in the context of a game mode that also features a lot of Pilot combat and movement or some sort of objective-based gameplay.

I know LTS can feature a bit of Pilot action since some get out of their Titans early or when it's about to explode, but if I wanted largely mech combat I'd just go play Hawken. :p

It reminds me of the old school XBL game MechAssault except the pilot is actually worth a damn in this.

I dunno...

Yeah this sucks. Even the announcer will tell you "Hey this aint about the kills, we need those hardpoints." Yet I see my teammates camping on top of buildings or duking it out in one on one Titan battles on the other side of the map.... :/

That's the COD crowd...the crap happens all the time in COD. People are borderline obsessed with K/D ratio, so you always have those few people on your team who just camp and try and boost it up at the expense of your team. IMO, Win/Loss is the more important ratio, it shows how well you can do with others, and is usually a better indicator of how good you are at the game than K/D ever is.

Coconut

Banned
This game feels more limited than CoD. Lack of guns, player options, unlocks, no SP campaign or coop modes. Most CoD titles seem to have much more to them than this does. For a full on MP release, it feels small as hell.

Game is tons of fun and is different, but for a $60 MP only game this also feels like it should be far more feature rich game.

The season pass stuff is a huge bummer as this feels like a game that could use some serious content updates that aren't paid for

I think that the people that made modern warfare at some point saw some data that let them know that people only used only these weapons and these perks and designed a game around that. Thus far for me there's nothing that I see that I'm missing from the glut of useless attachments, grenades, kill streaks and weapons. I hope this strip down mentality follows through to not only MP games but simple player games as well. Gameplay variance through the simplicity of mechanics and a focus on boosting players' ability to learn the game.

I dunno...

EDIT: And by the way, I think you were in a couple of my matches yesterday. YA JERK! :p

I've done lots of my objective games with at least some other person I know and am actively talking to, which helps.

And :O

Nome

I think the Titan battles in the game are pretty fun, but I much prefer them in the context of a game mode that also features a lot of Pilot combat and movement or some sort of objective-based gameplay.

I know LTS can feature a bit of Pilot action since some get out of their Titans early or when it's about to explode, but if I wanted largely mech combat I'd just go play Hawken. :p
Am I crazy or do Titanfall mechs control and feel better than Hawken's? :X

I think that the people that made modern warfare at some point saw some data that let them know that people only used only these weapons and these perks and designed a game around that. Thus far for me there's nothing that I see that I'm missing from the glut of useless attachments, grenades, kill streaks and weapons. I hope this strip down mentality follows through to not only MP games but simple player games as well. Gameplay variance through the simplicity of mechanics and a focus on boosting players' ability to learn the game.

I can agree to a point, but it's a matter of value compared to the competition. Without wasting time on other content, the game should have shipped with more maps, modes like coop for variety, or even SP. Simple things also that many other games have been doing for a while such as player customization, and other built in MP/social functionality just seem absent. For a high priced MP only game, one would have expected this to be one feature rich game.

Not even talking just amount of guns/unlocks really.

Hawken feels more restrictive, even though you can jump and hover.

Maybe it's the turn rate cap.

Yea I don't see this at all. Hawken mechs are far more nimble. On foot you have insane ability in TF, but in the mechs Hawken mechs have so much more vertical gameplay choices, where in TF you are completely grounded

antitrop

Hawken is a completely different style of game, it's pretty difficult to compare to Titanfall in any way. Other than that Titanfall is just straight more fun to play.

Zeliard

Am I crazy or do Titanfall mechs control and feel better than Hawken's? :X

I like the Titanfall mechs well enough but not so much that I want to play a mode dedicated to them (I got tired of Hawken as well, haha). Maybe that'll change as I unlock more Titan stuff that wasn't in the beta, since I only started playing the retail version last night.

Like the Dash Quickcharger, maybe :p I love me some dashing.

ACE 1991

I can agree to a point, but it's a matter of value compared to the competition. Without wasting time on other content, the game should have shipped with more maps, modes like coop for variety, or even SP. Simple things also that many other games have been doing for a while such as player customization, and other built in MP/social functionality just seem absent. For a high priced MP only game, one would have expected this to be one feature rich game.

Not even talking just amount of guns/unlocks really.

I'm glad I payed less than 40 bucks for it. That said, I imagine Respawn has plans for robust post-launch support so many of these features, as well as new game modes, may not be far off. I just hope the DLC doesn't simply go the map pack route but with how safe many of the design decisions feel outside of the core gameplay, I'm not holding my breath. Definitely a fun game overall; I can't wait to play with some of PC-gaf.

I dont get why people complain about the AI bots like the grunts and spectres. They're not meant to be a threat to the player. They're more like resources around the map that give points and reduce your timer. If they were crates that you shoot to get that stuff, no one would complain. Respawn just made it more lore friendly and made it generic army guys to kill instead.

Strider

Man I originally thought I was gonna start playing this morning then stop once I got max level and prestiged... but damn the last few levels take forever. I'm thinking I'll be at about 11 hours played when I finally can move to gen 2

I'm glad I payed less than 40 bucks for it. That said, I imagine Respawn has plan for robust post-launch support so many of these features, as well as new game modes, may not be far off. I just hope the DLC doesn't simply go the map pack route, but with how safe many of the design decisions feel outside of the core gameplay I'm not holding my breath. Definitely a fun game overall; I can't wait to play with some of PC-gaf.

I just hope they plan on giving away free content like new modes and features at least.

je_ssi e

Well umm since it's showing 49.99GB for preloading, where will it stop actually downloading? At 20-21GB? Also I hope someone finds a way to safely remove the additional languages, English is enough for me and I would like to reclaim some HDD space :p
You have to download the whole 50gb, even though you're really not. Aha.

And, I hope they do something about that, too.
Fair enough with the way Origin works, where you have to download all the languages. But I'd like to be able to delete the ones I don't need.

AFAIK, from what I've read.. if you delete the extras now Origin will just re-download the missing files, so I haven't even bothered trying to get rid of them. Grrr.

Timu

Training Ground is the worst map I played so far in in this game. I'm getting closer to nearly all the maps played though.

fozzy

That fucking shotgun is ridiculous. People just running through my bullets spraying the thing, getting kills at silly range. Definitely going to start using it and become part of the problem.

Domination when you're the only obj player on the team is soul destroying.

Great game though.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

I've done some real work as a pilot in LTS mode.

That fucking shotgun is ridiculous. People just running through my bullets spraying the thing, getting kills at silly range. Definitely going to start using it and become part of the problem.

Great game though.

The worst is people who just double jump around hip firing the shotgun.

Great game though.

The auto shot gun burn card is hilarious. Between the alpha, beta, and launch, I probably have about a 10 k/d ratio with that thing. It's just absolutely ridiculous. It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see it get a nerf, even if it is a burn card and supposed to be powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom