• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a fun game to lose.

welpfall.jpg

Zeliard

I've done some real work as a pilot in LTS mode.

I do love me some Titan harassment as a pilot. Arc Grenades, Sidewinder, jumping around on rooftops and generally being a nuisance. Haven't tried out the Mag Launcher or Charge Rifle yet. And I hope the Unlimited Arc Grenade burn card is still in the game.

In the beta I used the Chaingun despite the 40mm being better against Titans, because I often found Pilots to be more dangerous than other mechs.

-MD-

Hawken is a completely different style of game, it's pretty difficult to compare to Titanfall in any way. Other than that Titanfall is just straight more fun to play.

Disagree. Played about 5 hours of the Titanfall beta, decided to reinstall Hawken to see how the game changed over the last ~year and played a couple hours.

Had more fun in Hawken.

J-P

Neo Member
The technical problems with this game really do knock the fun level down some. I'm surprised it's as bad as it is. (X1)

Rnr1224

I do love me some Titan harassment as a pilot. Arc Grenades, Sidewinder, jumping around on rooftops and generally being a nuisance. Haven't tried out the Mag Launcher or Charge Rifle yet. And I hope the Unlimited Arc Grenade burn card is still in the game.

In the beta I used the Chaingun despite the 40mm being better against Titans, because I often found Pilots to be more dangerous than other mechs.

I've noticed that the Mag launcher is absolutely the best anti-titan weapon i've used. seems to bring down their health faster than any other weapon

Zeliard

I've noticed that the Mag launcher is absolutely the best anti-titan weapon i've used. seems to bring down their health faster than any other weapon

I'll definitely give it a shot. I was looking for a good Sidewinder replacement. In the beta I wasn't a huge fan of the Archer rocket despite it doing a lot of damage. Whenever I was in a Titan and someone used the Archer, I was usually able to find them very easily and put a couple Chaingun rounds into them. And the Archer can be fairly easy to dodge as well.

Shock Rocks? It's in.

Nice.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Anyone getting abysmal speeds from Origin on downloading this? I am getting like 50-100 Kbps.

Did their servers choke?

Last night during the hype storm I was downloading at like 13-18 MB/s and I don't really have insanely good internet either.

So maybe run a quick speed test and see if it's your router maybe?

Also why is the sniper rifle so unfun?

Delt31

so I'm on PC and the game crashes maybe once a day out of no where. says my drivers have stopped on my video card. Is this normal or has anyone experienced the same? I check my gpu log and the temp is always below 70.

Coconut

Banned
so I'm on PC and the game crashes maybe once a day out of no where. says my drivers have stopped on my video card. Is this normal or has anyone experienced the same? I check my gpu log and the temp is always below 70.

I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your drivers.

I'll definitely give it a shot. I was looking for a good Sidewinder replacement. In the beta I wasn't a huge fan of the Archer rocket despite it doing a lot of damage. Whenever I was in a Titan and someone used the Archer, I was usually able to find them very easily and put a couple Chaingun rounds into them. And the Archer can be fairly easy to dodge as well.

Nice.

I find the Archer rocket is great when an enemy titan is fighting a friendly titan. It distracts them by making them adjust to the lockon, allowing the friendly to take advantage.

You have to download the whole 50gb, even though you're really not. Aha.

And, I hope they do something about that, too.
Fair enough with the way Origin works, where you have to download all the languages. But I'd like to be able to delete the ones I don't need.

AFAIK, from what I've read.. if you delete the extras now Origin will just re-download the missing files, so I haven't even bothered trying to get rid of them. Grrr.

Yeah that's the strange thing, it was like that in the Beta too, you downloaded about half the amount and the other half will be unpacked from what you downloaded. Steam does this with some games aswell though unlike Origin, Steam calculates the correct download size :/

And ugh that redownload thing is a real bummer :(

I got the Limited Edition guide and these are the art cards that are inside the Hammond Robotics envelope. I figured someone may want to see them.

ibl1uw8NLIYZPN.jpg
iIfB5yRmhLVSn.jpg

Delt31

Will anyone make the PC performance thread for Titanfall? I'm curious to see who else has framerate issues with 120 Hz dual monitor setups on high-end rigs.

Anybody get the collectors edition? I really want the statue but for anybody who has it whats the quality like?

The statue is large and looks great, though for the price the materials it's made of feel cheap as it's essentially hollow toy plastic and not a solid statue. It's painted great and very detailed, but it's light and not very solid feeling as the Titan is mostly standing up on it's one leg, so it can be wobbly if you put it somewhere that will move. As a display piece it looks fantastic but for the price, expected a solid resin piece or cold cast item.

Also the LED's do not stay on, they activate and turn off after 60 seconds and you got to press the button again to turn on. It's stupid they didn't include the ability to leave the lights on, I got tons of statues with LEDs and they let you leave them on for display purposes. It's pretty pointless to put lights on a statue that you have to press a button on for 60 seconds of lights.

What game modes would you all want to see added. Personally, I wish there was a free for all mode, but I guess they'd have to remove all the minions for it to work.

Zeliard

I find the Archer rocket is great when an enemy titan is fighting a friendly titan. It distracts them by making them adjust to the lockon, allowing the friendly to take advantage.

I can definitely see that, though I think they get pretty distracted as well if you're lobbing arc grenades at them or shooting at them with pretty much anything. A lot of Titan players start to panic if they're being shot at by more than one person.

What game modes would you all want to see added. Personally, I wish there was a free for all mode, but I guess they'd have to remove all the minions for it to work.

Free for all would be cool. I don't think they'd have to eliminate minions -- just make them aggressive against all players.

I'd also like to see an Oddball-like game mode where one player must carry an item and the other team must try to retrieve it.

I setup a shortcut through Steam big picture mode, when I launch the game (actually any origin game) it starts up but in the background. I need to Alt Tab to get the game window open. This isn't a problem on my desktop PC but my steambox doesn't have a proper keyboard connected.

NFS Rivals does the same thing,
How can I make Origin games jump to the forefront?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
A lot lf Titan players start to panic if they're being shot at by more than one person.

Definitely true! Getting shot at a lot while piloting a titan almost feels like a disorienting experience. You've got sparks going everywhere, your screen is going nuts, you've got alarms going off all over the place and warning messages everywhere. Keeping control in those situations is so fun because of this.

Coconut

Banned

King of the Titan. Teams fight to take control of one new experimental Titan that is located in the middle of a map. If the Titan becomes too damaged it auto ejects the pilot has a temporary cool down while it repairs itself and it can be piloted again by either team. Like in TF2 the Titan must be under control of a team for 5 minutes total.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Capture the Flag should have really been better in this game. Imagine making the flag a huge object that only titans could carry (an actual flagpole, maybe?). The titan carrying the flag could not dash/attack. Would make the game mode a lot more fun rather than just grab flag as pilot -> get in titan -> dash across map.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

I'd love to see a survival game mode where they send an insane amount of minions against your squad maybe a few AI titans as well. But they'd have to do something to minion AI or just have sheer number that they actually become dangerous.

ALSO A FREE ROAM SOLO MODE!

I JUST WANNA JUMP AROUND THESE MAPS ON MY OWN THEY'RE SO GOOOD AND MOVING IS SO GOOD

I'd like to see a Juggernaut type game mode. No countdown timers. First pilot kill gets a Titan. The player that destroys that Titan then gets a Titan themselves.

Beef up Titan health in this mode.

HelloMeow

Last pilot standing.

And an elimination mode where players start as a pilot and earn a titan within 1.5 minutes.

AHHHH.

Bought a code from a site I got South Park from and it was sent within 2 hours last time. This time it's been nearly 4...It's my only day off this week. I need ma code!

Free for all would be cool. I don't think they'd have to eliminate minions -- just make them aggressive against all players.

I'd also like to see an Oddball-like game mode where one player must carry an item and the other team must try to retrieve it.

I remember hoping for a mode like that in the PC beta, so thumbs up for that idea.

I'd also like to see something similar to Interrogation from The Last of Us multiplayer, where you had to interrogate downed players to locate the other teams safe, and then hold the safe area while you try to unlock it. Would be neat to see some mode...maybe called Mainframe...where the players have to hack into enemy Titans while doing a rodeo to locate the enemy mainframe and hold it.

The main issue I find with this is that players can refuse to drop Titans, thus stalling the match. Not sure if having the Spectres also hackable as they currently (albeit at a very reduced value towards mainframe locations) would balance out that issue.

Capture the Flag should have really been better in this game. Imagine making the flag a huge object that only titans could carry (an actual flagpole, maybe?). The titan carrying the flag could not dash/attack. Would make the game mode a lot more fun rather than just grab flag as pilot -> get in titan -> dash across map.

Ive had a blast with CTF in this game, perhaps the best implementation Ive played due to the various methods of getting around.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
As a user of the shotgun I can confirm that it is some ridiculous bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom