• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllumiNate

I get anywhere from 83-120fps usually plays at around 100+. Every setting maxed, but I'm running a 4770k@4.5, 2x 780ti's SLI with 16GB of ram. Game looks great to me

Nothing feels better than throwing an Archer rocket back the pilot and killing him.

Well some things come close but for me that's the tops.

Man I originally thought I was gonna start playing this morning then stop once I got max level and prestiged... but damn the last few levels take forever. I'm thinking I'll be at about 11 hours played when I finally can move to gen 2

What? People are already hitting max level? Is it that fast?

IllumiNate

Ok WTH, am I missing something? My stats were reset back to lvl2? Just loaded up the game to see all the work I put in yesterday gone! :(

Boogdud

I get anywhere from 83-120fps usually plays at around 100+. Every setting maxed, but I'm running a 4770k@4.5, 2x 780ti's SLI with 16GB of ram. Game looks great to me

How? It seems locked at 60. I'm on a 144hz gsync monitor and it maxes at 60 with vsync off (needed for gsync). Or are you running with vsync on? I heard it has some bad micro stutter with vsync. At any rate it really needs optimization, it dips and drops constantly even on beastly rigs.

Playing this on my XBOne, finished both campaigns last night and played a bit of classic. I'm really digging it. I like how I'm not particularly great at FPS games but I still kinda feel like a badass, wall running and jumping up to shotgun blast a guy in a third story window right in the face and stuff like that. I notice some tearing and some framerate dips but I've never really been a stickler for that kinda stuff so it doesn't bother me. Especially when the game is this much fun.

Does shooting titan with carbines and such even do anything? Sometimes you got nothing to shoot and you just want to pop shots off at that Titan that's busy doing something else.

Xyber

Lagoon runs like shit. Look in a certain direction and I go down to 45fps and it stutter like crazy. Almost unplayable.

No other map does this and they are all locked at 60 (which also sucks since I have a 144Hz monitor and using vsync makes the game stutter so bad).

Overklocked 680, i7 4770K@4,3GHz and 8GB ram. This game should not perform this bad.

IllumiNate

How? It seems locked at 60. I'm on a 144hz gsync monitor and it maxes at 60 with vsync off (needed for gsync). Or are you running with vsync on? I heard it has some bad micro stutter with vsync. At any rate it really needs optimization, it dips and drops constantly even on beastly rigs.

I forced vsync in nvidia control panel, and turned it to dbl buffered in game. No stuttering for me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Bleh, I don't like the triple threat at all.

I also can't use these burn cards fast enough without my deck filling up. The struggle is real.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
There are kind of a lot of bad guns in this game.

I completely disagree. Their are a lot of niche guns in this game (guns only good in very particular scenarios). I think this actually helps the game - at least for me - I am running 5 classes all with different guns/abilities to pertain to different situations. Same with Titans. The variety keeps it fresh.

I actually think the best gun is the basic carbine you get at the beginning because its able to adapt to multiple situations.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Man you guys are really making me want this game but I hate COD (well recent COD) and pretty much suck at FPS in general so I should probably stay away.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So, I'm 48 and it's taking a good while to level now. Should I go and look at what challenges I have left and try to get those to level faster?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
How is this guys. People complain about not being able to do anything alone. Respawn can put in a Time Trials mode. Set various checkpoints to make "tracks" through a map and attach some leaderboards to it.

Huh?

Maybe?

Anyone?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
How is this guys. People complain about not being able to do anything alone. Respawn can put in a Time Trials mode. Set various checkpoints to make "tracks through a map and attach some leaderboards to it.

Huh?

Maybe?

Anyone?

I know I'd play it, I love the mobility. I wish I just had some time to myself on these maps to jump around.

Faltimar

Do I have to just play through the campaign twice to unlock the Ogre titan? I dont seem to be able to pick what side I want to be on.

I used a VPN to start my game up real quick, to see if it works: it did, but when I closed my game (and Origin), I found that I couldn't sign in to Origin anymore. At least not the Online mode. Is Origin down, or is something else wrong?

antitrop

Do I have to just play through the campaign twice to unlock the Ogre titan? I dont seem to be able to pick what side I want to be on.

Guess so, first time I played through was IMC and I unlocked the Stryder, then it automatically went to Militia after that for the Ogre.

How is this guys. People complain about not being able to do anything alone. Respawn can put in a Time Trials mode. Set various checkpoints to make "tracks through a map and attach some leaderboards to it.

Huh?

Maybe?

Anyone?

Gotham City Impostors had a similar mode and it was very fun to play that.

antitrop

Guess the game has a memory leak problem or something, because the first match I play runs very well, then after a few games it turns into a slideshow.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Guess the game has a memory leak problem or something, because the first match I play runs very well, then after a few games it turns into a slideshow.

I'm thinking that's what's going on as well. Especially since frame drops happen in some matches (later into gaming) and don't in others in the same map.

Guess so, first time I played through was IMC and I unlocked the Stryder, then it automatically went to Militia after that for the Ogre.

Yes. You actually see that if you look at the titans in custom Titan load out.

Stryder for first ogre for both.

Redmoon

What game modes would you all want to see added. Personally, I wish there was a free for all mode, but I guess they'd have to remove all the minions for it to work.

What I'd like to see is something "escape" based that focuses on the whole "escaping to the dropship when you loose" part. Something like Primal Carnage's "Get to the chopper" or similar (dont know of any other games that do this) where one team has to progress through a map, capturing hardpoint-checkpoints which in turn become the new forward spawn. The opposing team having to prevent you from capturing until time runs out. If the escape team manages to progress to the end, they duke it out defending the rescue zone until the dropship come, and then escape. And yes the ship can still be destroyed, just it should have more HP.

yatesl

I wish there was a way to see your stats outside of game, like Bungie.net or Call of Duty Premium.

ivp41sS1wo2it.png

That's my K:D ratio so far. Happy with it.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
How is this guys. People complain about not being able to do anything alone. Respawn can put in a Time Trials mode. Set various checkpoints to make "tracks" through a map and attach some leaderboards to it.

Huh?

Maybe?

Anyone?

Like the Time Trials in Mirror's Edge but with shit to shoot at while you're running and jumping? Would buy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd like to see Base vs Base actually, with structures that provide buffs that need to be destroyed to win.

Or Extreme Parkour mode, where they totally abandon "realistic" level design and just go straight up obstacle course. Floating cubes and slabs everywhere.

RulkezX

So does anyone know what causes this "retrying connection to server" grey box of doom ?

Game is unplayable for me atm because of this.

daman824

The one thing that really irks me about this game is how much of a tease it is. Respawn has set up a universe with an absolute ton of potential storytelling wise. So many things are seen or referenced but it never goes farther than that. The main campaign is so small in scale. It's not that I don't think the game is awesome or that it isn't worth $60. But it's that I know the sequel is going to be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom