• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a GAF gamertag list somewhere out there for players on XB One? I didn't see one in the OP and I'd rather not scour the whole topic.

antitrop

Not sure what voodoo magic origin is pulling but somehow titanfall is downloading at 7mb per sec rather than 1mb per sec (my cap).
Because the download is only 21GB, while the final installation size is significantly more. For some reason, Origin calculates the download speed and time left by the installation size, even though you're actually downloading less than half that.

Basically, it's lying to you.

Or Extreme Parkour mode, where they totally abandon "realistic" level design and just go straight up obstacle course. Floating cubes and slabs everywhere.

Excellent idea! Hell, they could take the engine, remove weapons etc and turn it into a straight sort of "Trials" first person parkour platforming game with tons of "stages" or sections of a map. They could use the colors/vibe and assets of the training course stuff... but give it a more open air quality. Portal influences could be cool.

My dream has always been for a first person parkour style Mirrors Edge meets Mario 64 style level structure game. Do it respawn! It could be your "zombies" mode.

KJ869

Anybody finding use of railgun? Also ai-controller styder is piece of crap. I realy hate that autopiloted titans dont go nuclear.

Minion101

Banned
Because the download is only 21GB, while the final installation size is significantly more. For some reason, Origin calculates the download by the installation size, even though you're actually downloading less than half that.

Oh Origin sucks. I see.

Snicky

The one thing that really irks me about this game is how much of a tease it is. Respawn has set up a universe with an absolute ton of potential storytelling wise. So many things are seen or referenced but it never goes farther than that. The main campaign is so small in scale. It's not that I don't think the game is awesome or that it isn't worth $60. But it's that I know the sequel is going to be huge.

This is exactly how I feel. The game was definitely rushed and has a TON of unrealized potential. I love playing it and feel like it is money well spent, but there is so much more they can do. Game types, size of battles, etc.. Untapped potential for all of us to look forward to. I really get the sense MS held Respawn back. I am sure they have loftier goals but there hand was forced with reaching a decent performance level on the Xbone and fitting into the launch window.

Uff duh

Banned
Because the download is only 21GB, while the final installation size is significantly more. For some reason, Origin calculates the download speed and time left by the installation size, even though you're actually downloading less than half that.

Good to know. I was starting to wonder if I should start loosing my anger with comcast. Guess not. When I was downloading it said it was 45 mbps. Didnt seem right.

Dub117

Man you guys are really making me want this game but I hate COD (well recent COD) and pretty much suck at FPS in general so I should probably stay away.
I don't like COD or BF, I only usually play Halo or arena shooters for FPS, and I love this game.

The Cowboy

So we know DLC maps are coming and that certain things will be patched in at some point, do we know if more modes are coming? (I'd drop a titan for some search and destroy!).

Boogdud

lol I've personally never rodeo'd a titan who deployed smoke, but isn't there any indication that you're losing health and maybe it's time to let go.

It's actually pretty difficult to get out of the smoke alive even if you jump off the second you see it. Is a killer, which is why I always have it equipped.

The Cowboy

What program are you using to get those hardware stats in the top left corner?
Very likely MSI afterburner using the monitoring options (it uses rivatuner). I myself use MSI afterburner and HWinfo to get the full deal (CPU/GPU/Vram/Ram etc).
9tdY9Sv.jpg

LEGGZZZZ

So we know DLC maps are coming and that certain things will be patched in at some point, do we know if more modes are coming? (I'd drop a titan for some search and destroy!).

God Search and Destroy would be amazing in this game, I can imagine King of the Hill being crazy fun as well, same as Free for All. Some new modes would be great.

The Cowboy

God Search and Destroy would be amazing in this game, I can imagine King of the Hill being crazy fun as well, same as Free for All. Some new modes would be great.
S&D is the one mode I was honestly shocked wasn't included, it would suit this game so well IMO.

Vestal

This is exactly how I feel. The game was definitely rushed and has a TON of unrealized potential. I love playing it and feel like it is money well spent, but there is so much more they can do. Game types, size of battles, etc.. Untapped potential for all of us to look forward to. I really get the sense MS held Respawn back. I am sure they have loftier goals but there hand was forced with reaching a decent performance level on the Xbone and fitting into the launch window.

you have to remember though, this is the first game from a new studio. While yes it does have proven talent, it is still the first game and probably on a limited budget of sorts. EAs fps cash cow is BF4 this is the test run for a new franchise, if its successful expect the next iteration to shine.

Waaghals

I'd love to see a survival game mode where they send an insane amount of minions against your squad maybe a few AI titans as well. But they'd have to do something to minion AI or just have sheer number that they actually become dangerous.

ALSO A FREE ROAM SOLO MODE!

I JUST WANNA JUMP AROUND THESE MAPS ON MY OWN THEY'RE SO GOOOD AND MOVING IS SO GOOD

Oh god this! I'm okay with there not being any bots or anything, but it would be very nice to practice freerunning without being shot.

It could be online like the training mode, I don't care.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just played lagoon for the first time, and it runs poorly. :(

Going between A and C is awesome with the ziplines, though.

RulkezX

Very likely MSI afterburner using the monitoring options (it uses rivatuner). I myself use MSI afterburner and HWinfo to get the full deal (CPU/GPU/Vram/Ram etc).

Afterburner doesn't work for me , isn't TF a 64bit exe ?

Calling it a night anyway " retrying connection to server" every 20s is crap

I consider myself just an average at best multiplayer FPS player, and I enjoy BF4 and CoD even though I'm not great, and this has really been a ton of fun for me so far (Xbox One version). There are inevitably several moments in each match where you feel like a badass, and you spend a lot of time wrecking shit up. I like that Respawn has deemphasized K/D in nearly all modes, not that it's not important to stay alive, but rather that things like objectives and wreaking general havoc are more important to doing well. Very cool game; I think there is a really good flow to the gameplay and it's accessible while still leaving room for better players to show their stuff.

Just payed my first match, game is a lot of fun but holy shit at the tearing and connection. Server rebooted twice in one match. I'm on fiberglass so never any problems...this feels like a throwback

Stoof

I just finished the tutorial on PC and was looking forward to playing a match but the game crashes whenever the "Match Starts in: 90" countdown starts :/

Yama

I really want some more Lagoon. Favorite map thus far though barely pull it. I've gotten it once out of thirty to fourty matches.

Nome

Definitely true! Getting shot at a lot while piloting a titan almost feels like a disorienting experience. You've got sparks going everywhere, your screen is going nuts, you've got alarms going off all over the place and warning messages everywhere. Keeping control in those situations is so fun because of this.
And then you use the smoke, nuclear eject, and kill 'em all! Only happened once for me, but still felt amazing. Everything in this game feels amazing.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The semi-auto rifle seems way too ineffective. Damage isn't that good and people are too fast and spastic to get good shots.

JackHerer

Anyone get the bug where all the colors get inverted? It started happening in one game when I pressed select to view the scores. I just had I game where it was the opposite, select corrected the colors but obvious couldn't play that way with the score menu in the way. Fixed itself now in the next game.

Strider

The semi-auto rifle seems way too ineffective. Damage isn't that good and people are too fast and spastic to get good shots.

I agree it seems a little weak but when I put a suppressor on it I don't notice any damage loss. So that seems to be the way to go when using the G2A4. Kill em before they even know where you are.

DarkFlow

Banned
So umm, I played last night till like 3 AM, sign back in today, and I've lost 7 levels, and all the unlocks and burn cards I earned in that time. What the HELL.

I have played this game for close to 8 hours and I have only played on 4 maps (Lagoon, Colony, Boneyard, and one of the maps from beta). I really wish there was some sort of map vote.

Yama

I was hype to get the BFR, reminded me of a Battle Rifle. Did fine with it, just couldn't justify using it over the Carbine which is incredibly balanced and effective at almost every range outside of long (and even then I manage). Pulled a 3.5 against Pilots using it exclusively, haven't felt as comfy with any other weapon thus far. I prefer precision weapons for the most part, but this game is a different animal.

Zeliard

Afterburner doesn't work for me , isn't TF a 64bit exe ?

Afterburner works for me, though it didn't at first. I use it to limit FPS because I turn in-game vsync on to remove the 60fps cap, force vsync off through Inspector which uncaps the FPS completely, and then use Afterburner to limit FPS because it is directly linked to mouse sensitivity.

It's... goofy. I really hope they fix the vsync off/60fps cap soon.

Anyway for Rivatuner Statistics:

1) Make a profile with Titanfall.exe
2) Application detection: low
3) Stealth mode: off
4) Custom D3D support: off
5) Vector 3D, Viewport

And make sure Fraps is closed as well, since it conflicts with it.

Yama

I have played this game for close to 8 hours and I have only played on 4 maps (Lagoon, Colony, Boneyard, and one of the maps from beta). I really wish there was some sort of map vote.

And here I am begging for Lagoon, haha. Once you're done with the campaign you can select missions from what I hear, so if you're fiending for a map that's a good way to go about it I suppose.

The fact that Microsoft still hasn't announced first day sales kind of worries me.

Usually they proudly boast their game sold ______ in the first 24 hours. I sincerely hope Titanfall didn't bomb or underperformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom