• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

The fact that Microsoft still hasn't announced first day sales kind of worries me.

Usually they proudly boast their game sold ______ in the first 24 hours. I sincerely hope Titanfall didn't bomb or underperformed.

Within two days? It was almost a week before they announced their day one Halo 4 sales.

The fact that Microsoft still hasn't announced first day sales kind of worries me.

Usually they proudly boast their game sold ______ in the first 24 hours. I sincerely hope Titanfall didn't bomb or underperformed.

Could be that they're still running cleanup on the Xbox Live outages. It'll come later in the week.

This kinda pisses me off, I had unlocked a ton of stuff for different guns, and now it's all lost.

yeah, I lost a few levels, too... I assume it's already been discussed here and elsewhere, and I'm also assuming there's nothing I can do about it aside from playing and getting them back.

Is there no way to choose which side you'd like to play for in the campaign?

I've completed both sides but I'm trying to go through and get the achievements for winning all campaign missions on each side. I've finished the IMC one but the game only ever wants to assign me to the IMC team. Not sure if I'm missing some way to set Militia as my preferred or if I just have to keep trying until it decides to put me on that team.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Reserve titans may be a bit OP..

vlzurCR.jpg

StayAware

Neo Member
This may be a dumb question but: how do I actually use my mic in Titanfall on PC? I use Turtlebeach X12's to talk on Teamspeak but I'm not sure how to set up game chat?

Obscured

Ok Shotgun. You are OP....

I was having trouble finding the range for it during the beta, but now it is seeming more effective, but mainly in hardpoint. Hard for me to move away from the carbine.

Also just got my first arm rip with the Ogre, that is hilariously violent in all the best ways.

creid

The one thing that really irks me about this game is how much of a tease it is. Respawn has set up a universe with an absolute ton of potential storytelling wise. So many things are seen or referenced but it never goes farther than that. The main campaign is so small in scale. It's not that I don't think the game is awesome or that it isn't worth $60. But it's that I know the sequel is going to be huge.
I'm guessing they're going to expand on things a little bit with the DLC.

Raven77

So, i'm about to leave work and I can pick up Titanfall on my way home.

Should I? I like online FPS games but have only 1 other possible friend to play online with.

Is it worth full price?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
What game modes would you all want to see added. Personally, I wish there was a free for all mode, but I guess they'd have to remove all the minions for it to work.

Here we gooooooooo

Realistically possible/Basics(?):

Mercenary playlist - Make it like variety pack just solo queue only.

Free for All - Pretty self explanatory. Keep the AI and just make them aggro everyone.

Neutral Flag CTF - One Flag CTF with the flag being in a central area.

Demolition - One team has the bombs, one team has to defend multiple plant points.

King of the Hill - You can do fun stuff with this mode in Titanfall I think. There are many areas where pilots can wall run infinitely in a square rooms. Suspend some of the hills above ground in those rooms or in the air where you can zipline in a loop. Holding a hill at the very top of Rise sound fun? Yes, please.

Multi-team for all modes - 4v4v4 or 3v3v3v3

Kinda Crazy stuff:

Assassination - The games take on Search and Destroy mode. One person is auto-locked in a Titan that has a universal loudout that includes some huge shields. The other team has a bomb. The assaulting team has to rodeo to plant. Of course the defending team is too dumb to defuse alone. The defending Titan has to find the dropship as it alternates between landing zones. Only in this zone can the defending team rodeo the friendly titan and disarm.

Time Trials - Like I mentioned earlier. Plan out some checkpoints in the maps that form a track. Place some grunts/specters around to pop that give time freezes etc. Slap on some leaderboards.

Dead Man Running - Kinda like VIP. Each team has a stimmed, titanless pilot they have to get to the dropship and defend until it takes off. Ship can be destroyed in which case it just lands in another spot. Each successful extraction is a point. Timed rounds, can extract multiple times per round, first to 2 rounds.

Cushen

Neo Member
Am I wrong to just assume we will have a Titanfall stats website soon? Just a simple page that has your career overview, recent matches, weapon proficiencies, etc. I always liked comparing with friends.

It's such a regular thing with most online games nowadays so it really makes no sense that this game does not have it.

Clydebink

Neo Member
I have played this game for close to 8 hours and I have only played on 4 maps (Lagoon, Colony, Boneyard, and one of the maps from beta). I really wish there was some sort of map vote.
This wouldn't have the effect you desire. When I play Black Ops 2, it feels like I'm playing Nuketown every five matches. If there is a good way to put more maps on rotation, it's not democratic.

Am I wrong to just assume we will have a Titanfall stats website soon? Just a simple page that has your career overview, recent matches, weapon proficiencies, etc. I always liked comparing with friends.

It's such a regular thing with most online games nowadays so it really makes no sense that this game does not have it.

Should be a SmartGlass add-on, really.

Zeliard

I've been murdering with just stock, suppressor seems rather pointless but lead wall worked a few times really well. Though over all stock has worked out better for me.

Suppressor was awesome in the beta since the difference in damage values is relatively trivial, and it keeps you hidden on the mini-map.

I know I've gotten a huge amount of pilot kills by just hunting red circles on the mini-map. Suppressor is particularly strong in a mode like Attrition where your K/D ratio actually does matter.

Do you guys think overclocking an HD 6850 would result in better fps for me? I'm playing with all the GPU settings on low, and a lot of areas on maps I can't hold 60 fps.

Is it even safe to OC a GPU without any sort of external cooling for it?

Also, I have a i5-4670k for my CPU.

_Ph03n1x_

I've been murdering with just stock, suppressor seems rather pointless but lead wall worked a few times really well. Though over all stock has worked out better for me.

Yeah stock works the best for me too. I feel like the loss of damage with leadwall and the suppressor is too much.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Are you guys using lead wall or suppressor or just the stock shotty?
Ive run with them all and seem to do about the same. I guess the lead wall is probably the best.

I dont mind dieing if I take a shotty to the torso at close range but ive been one shot in the back from a good distance. That aint cool.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Suppressor was awesome in the beta since the difference in damage values is relatively trivial, and it keeps you hidden on the mini-map.

I know I've gotten a huge amount of pilot kills by just hunting red circles on the mini-map. Suppressor is particularly strong in a mode like Attrition where your K/D ratio actually does matter.

I could see suppressor being really good in certain maps actually. Especially in bone yard, where it's a lot of tight quarters and sneaking up on people seems to be a lot easier. But in bigger more open maps I feel like the fact you don't pop up on the mini map is gonna matter very little.

Given the sense of verticality, even just seeing the red dot doesn't really mean they instantly know where you are, they still need to see if you're above or below them and that's not easy to do in a quick scan.

The snipers seem useless on console.

Snipers are useless in 90% of maps, because not moving is really lame in titanfall.

Raven77

So what are your overall impressions? Worth picking up? Nobody answered my previous post. I need to know quick since i'm either going home, or going to get it.

Clydebink

Neo Member
I'd like to see a mode where the only thing that scores points is killing minions. It would be even better if they added more types of minions.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Given the sense of verticality, even just seeing the red dot doesn't really mean they instantly know where you are, they still need to see if you're above or below them and that's not easy to do in a quick scan.

The red dot comes with an arrow that shows if people are below you or above you.

Uff duh

Banned
So what are your overall impressions? Worth picking up? Nobody answered my previous post. I need to know quick since i'm either going home, or going to get it.

If you like FPS multiplayer. Then yes its fun. But if you only play MP for a little bit before you tire of it then maybe not.

I love the game but in the end it comes down to your personal tastes. You mentioned that you are pre-disposed to liking FPS MP so that's a good start. Game is hella fun for what it is. You playing on console or PC?

shandy706

Amazing. EA are three for three with games that don't work when they come out

Suffering the same problem as they folks:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/...-after-5-minutes/td-p/2478176/highlight/false

Looking at that forum...it actually doesn't look too bad (post count wise) for a game that has been out for 2 days. Don't worry...things will smooth out. This is Microsoft and Respawns baby...they aren't going to stand around like nothing is happening (like EA and BF4).

Snicky

What's the verdict on v-sync? Disable it in game or in the nvidia control panel? I'm getting tons of conflicting answers.

I've had the best experience disabling in game and forcing through Nvidia Control Panel using adaptive. I get a small amount of tearing using adaptive and if I force regular vsync I get less tearing but some stuttering when I turn quickly despite a constant framerate. Running a GTX770 FTW 4gb

Coconut

Banned
I could see suppressor being really good in certain maps actually. Especially in bone yard, where it's a lot of tight quarters and sneaking up on people seems to be a lot easier. But in bigger more open maps I feel like the fact you don't pop up on the mini map is gonna matter very little.

Snipers are useless in 90% of maps, because not moving is really lame in titanfall.

I believe that there are spots on the maps that we have yet to find and snipers may become viable plus i feel pilot perks of speed and a sniper based weapons could be useful for quick hit sniper magic in hard point matches.. An anti Titan sniper weapon would be nice as well.

Nokterian

I've had the best experience disabling in game and forcing through Nvidia Control Panel using adaptive. I get a small amount of tearing using adaptive and if I force regular vsync I get less tearing but some stuttering when I turn quickly despite a constant framerate. Running a GTX770 FTW 4gb

Adaptive v-sync is not nearly but almost there with G-sync i use it in almost all my games.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The red dot comes with an arrow that shows if people are below you or above you.

In my experience that arrow only seems to trigger at certain extremes, doesn't help when the guy is glued to the wall above you. He has to be much higher than you I think.

But I am also probably completely wrong lmao.

I believe that there are spots on the maps that we have yet to find and snipers may become viable plus i feel pilot perks of speed and a sniper based weapons could be useful for quick hit sniper magic in hard point matches.. An anti Titan sniper weapon would be nice as well.

I feel like there is this hilarious potential for some one to find super insane sniping / support spots in an attrition game using the titans eject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom