• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pilot weapon aspect is the most disappointing thing I've seen in this game. There are 3 weapons that are viable as far as I can tell, the First AR, the Shotgun and the Smart Pistol.
The sniper is absolutely useless, the single shot rife sucks against fast moving pilots ( On PC without autoaim ) and the burst rifle is useless compared to to AR in killtime between bursts. What a joke for a 60$ to have 3 weapons that are viable vs the rest which fill very small useless niches. Good game though, K/D is nearly 2 against pilots and my Titan skills are pretty good.

I find that both the SMG's are pretty good. Especially the C.A.R. It's pretty much a short range AR. One you put the Counterweight attachment on it's almost unstoppable. The LMG is also pretty nice once you unlock the Hammer attachment. If you can rodeo a Titan in the middle of a battle you can chew through their health.

Ryaaan14

Banned
And why not? That's what I plan on doing. What's the point of going beyond that?

tvpdwYC.jpg

molnizzle

New experiences.

Isn't it just the same experience again and again though?

They really should have made there be some benefit to attaining the higher generations. All they have is the achievement for Gen10, but from what I can tell it doesn't even give you any gamerscore? Shiiiit. No thanks. :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Pretty sure the best single thing you can do in this game is wall run forever on the top of Rise. Shit is amazingly fun.

Just hit generation 2.

I miss you so much Triple Threat.

I wish they would let you keep all your attachments and mods though. I'm not sure I was able to unlock even half of them before hitting level 50 and with the experience modifiers increasing it's likely I'll level faster than I can unlock them.

Item Box

Pretty sure the best single thing you can do in this game is wall run forever on the top of Rise. Shit is amazingly fun.
It totally is, love it when people get frustrated from not being able to kill me.

...I also feel like the only person who uses the zip lines on most maps :/

Arc Cannon is by far my favorite Titan weapon so far. Easily just nukes anyone not in a Titan, and fully charging it does some decent damage on Titans.

Not sure if I like Multi-Target Rockets or Cluster Rocket more. Though popping Electric Smoke and Cluster Rocket together just wrecks anything inside it.

So many unique ways to play around. If you like to rodeo a lot, run with the Spitfire. You can at least take out half of the Titans health before you even need to reload.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm so bad at this game, and I don't know why.

I'm level 34, and almost every.single.game. I have more deaths than anyone on the winning or losing team.

I've tried every gun. I've tried running. Camping. Different routes. I just don't get it, I'm CONSTANTLY getting gunned down by someone behind me that I never saw. Over and over, and over again - I watch the KillCam and sure enough, how would I have ever seen him?

Meanwhile, I'm running around hunting down red dots and using X-Ray vision and can barely find anyone. Grunt. Grunt. Grunt. Pilot. Dead.

End of game, I'm like 6 and 16 :(

What's your overall score in a round? I get pretty bad pilot kills but I get good attack/defend points, so I'm happy enough.

The LMG is really good. I just had to adjust my play style. I been using it the past few hours.

I like that you shouldn't fire it short burts with it. You need to continue to fire with it.

I had a CTF match where the opposite team was walking our flag back. I killed the flag carrier then killed his two other teammates. Triple kill with the LMG.

molnizzle

Arc Cannon is by far my favorite Titan weapon so far. Easily just nukes anyone not in a Titan, and fully charging it does some decent damage on Titans.

Just tried out Arc Cannon because of this post. First Titanfall I get, the achievement pops for killing 5 enemies in one shot.

I think I like it too!

Spitfire LMG is amazing. I rack up a ton of points ruining Titans with the damage mod, never mind the multikills on other pilots when they bunch up.

NeoCross

So I really want to play this and I have a good enough PC to run it but $60 is just too much. Don't know if this is the right thread but are there any good deals out there for origin keys? :(

Typomancer

Neo Member
CTF is absolutely the best mode! Just played my first three CTF matches tonight, holy shit, so fun.

I like to use stim and the shotgun, always staying super mobile. The chaingun on my Titan eats pilots alive.

A good tip: if you see a Titan waiting to be boarded, it is a perfect opportunity to run up to the shield and pop electric smoke. You can potentially kill the pilot before they get in, or heavily damage the Titan as it goes into auto-mode (and thus you can kill it quickly afterwards).

elektrixx

Banned
Tried to play my first game and it hard locked in the lobby. I got stuck five seconds after I could move in the tutorial too.

A poor start.

Milennia

I play last titan standing when I'm tired and cant focus on a normal mode (which has been hardpoint 100% of the time for me as of now, love it after learning the maps and their different routes a bit more) or when i need to complete some titan regen challenges, or even if I'm close to a level i want to hit before heading to bed and want my final games to be stress free, so much fun man.

I've never liked CTF in any Multiplayer game before, but it works so well in this game. I think CTF takes the most advantage of the parkour elements of the game and rewards you for using it well. Knowing the map well is crucial too. I've been hooked on it and haven't gone back to hard point in a while.

Still hoping they introduce some pilot only game modes in the future. The titans, while fun, are the least interesting aspect of the game for me.

molnizzle

So... how do I enable chat through Kinect? I'm using my good surround headset while I play so the little pack-in that came with the console isn't an option.

malfcn

My Day One controller is fucked up and doesn't let me chat with it..but lets me voice-over with it. Or I am dumb.

And this trash team keeps sabotaging Flag caps.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
In the IW days I didn't make that many contributions to MP, but Mercenary Mode was one of them. I got really tired of getting rolled by parties. Kinda neat to see that they still include it in those games, I used to get shit because it wasn't hugely popular compared to party based game modes.

Then again, if we had made "party team deathmatch" and made "team deathmatch" be mercenary style by default, I'll bet it would have been a lot more popular!

Please, totally do that, let the try-hard brigades duke it out team vs team :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
RANDOMS *shakes fist*

YGZY81zl.jpg

Still lost by around 50 points.

A couple games later I had Hardpoint on Nexus and somehow we won 400-0, as if all of those people that never play the objective at all got stuck together in one hilarious curbstomping. Like, how do you not even get the first point near your spawn for a few free points.

molnizzle

RANDOMS *shakes fist*

YGZY81zl.jpg

Still lost by around 50 points.

A couple games later I had Hardpoint on Nexus and somehow we won 400-0, as if all of those people that never play the objective at all got stuck together in one hilarious curbstomping. Like, how do you not even get the first point near your spawn for a few free points.

Geez, that seems crazy to me as someone who's never been very good at console FPS. I love Hardpoint because I can keep throwing myself at one of the nodes until I capture one, then stay there and defend it while continuing to slowly build points (and usually several pilot kills as well). I usually find myself at the top the leaderboard after Hardpoint victories. That never happened in CoD.

The way that this game rewards you for playing the objectives is simply great.

Got the game this evening... Really enjoying it so far, though performance is iffy (odd stutters and whatnot). Titanfall's solid, though it could use a better matchmaking system (last match was me and a bunch of new gens VS. Lvl 30's & 40's), though I've been enjoying the flow and feel of it so far.

Anyway, if anybody wants to add me, since I think playing in groups is bound to be better, my Origin ID is SandMan22333. Add and shout, since I really want to play with humans (and mics are a plus, since apparently no-one talks in Titanfall, lol).

This has to be the best come back I have been involved with. It was hardpoint mode and our team was losing 206 to 393. We secured all points and held out to win.

Does any one else think the jump kick is too over powered? You can be shooting the player in their scrote or head and yet a kick from them kills you dead. I see players jumping around like Michael Flatley on amphetamines.

I never played COD online but have read people complain about lunging melee attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom