• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK9039

C.A.R smg + Counterweight(?) + the kit that allows you to sprint and shoot with smgs/pistols, best set up yet.

Smart Pistol users don't stand a chance.

The Triple Threat is the best Titan weapon imo.

Agreed.

I tried using the mines with it, but I went back to extended mags because it's better. With the mines you can do some creative things though.

HBP

So I just got my copy last night and was playing around 8PM central, did any one else have issues (Xbox One) during the game constantly getting the "reconnecting" message?

I find enemy titans easily dashing away from it, I trail them with the third shot and manage to hit them but then I have to reload. I need to figure out some strategy with it.

Firing it into a building with a hardpoint inside is money, though

Controversial opinions:

While the game is fun, I really hope that Titanfall's more casual game design won't be influencing other FPS games (predominately battlefield) too much.

Alx

Sure. But most cant. notice I said it's amazing just how many...

Well, you have to learn first and get some practice before being good at it. ;)

Titan Availability: Default, Always, Once, Never

Each player having only one titan for the whole round sounds like an interesting rule... it will make "Titan hunting" as a pilot much more interesting, and Titans wouldn't be seen as disposable weapons.

Controversial opinions:

While the game is fun, I really hope that Titanfall's more casual game design won't be influencing other FPS games (predominately battlefield) too much.

Since both games are EA, I suppose it's in their interest to keep those games different enough so that they both keep selling.

RK9039

I find enemy titans easily dashing away from it, I trail them with the third shot and manage to hit them but then I have to reload. I need to figure out some strategy with it.

Firing it into a building with a hardpoint inside is money, though

You have to bait them, shoot once and let them dodge and then you shoot your last few rounds in the direction they dashed.

I think the triple threat is best used from mid-range though, you don't really want to be right in their faces unless you're using nuclear ejection. And also use extended mags.

Woo-Fu

Banned

I don't know if it is the best, it is certainly the most annoying. Think it needs friendly fire self.

When I run into a spammer I tend to drop cloud, dodge backwards and to the side, firing at where they are and looking for hitmarkers. If they come out of the cloud I just super punch them back in. You have to move to either side after dodging through the cloud since they're going to spam those grenades right up the middle.

It was pretty throw-away but I enjoyed the campaign. Got a little more context to what was going on even though it was kind of hard to follow as background noise. I think it could have used some more unique moments like the
Sentinel map blowing up so much shit in the background
(even though I wish I could stop and watch that stuff more) or the
refueling station map that either has you drop podding down or epically rushing the wall with Mackellan
. Most of all it really needed a larger variety and mix up of modes. Too many Attrition matches. It would have been nice to have had some CTF and Last Titan Standing missions in there as well. Even better would have been some weird custom modes exclusive to campaign sort of akin to the level where
you're trying to get control of the Spectres
. I think there's a lot of room for TF2 to explore some inventive campaign experiences that wouldn't really work as a regular multiplayer mode (ala Starcraft 2's campaign).

Can't wait to get home tonight though. Now that I'm done with campaign, I can get some variety playlist matches going.

Unlocked 3 hours ago for NZ, I'm playing on PC.

I'm having dc issues with the campaign, had no problems getting into normal attrition matches, but I'd get kicked out of every 2nd campaign match just after loading in. Kinda frustrating, but it doesn't sound like I'm missing much by not playing it (wasn't really paying attention to the story in few matches I got into anyway). Hoping we get at least an Australian azure server in the next 6 months, had no issues playing BF3 on aussy servers, but 150ms ping to US west is demoralizing.

That aside, having a lot of fun, only got to level 5, so not many load-out options yet, but I do enjoy going titan hunting on foot with the sidewinder. The pilot movement is really fun and satisfying, still getting used to air movement and chaining wall runs together on the fly, but for the most part its very intuitive and I could see it becoming second nature pretty quick. I'm getting a real UT vibe from the movement, especially with titan dashes.

Game is running well on a i5 3570k w/7970 ghz edition, with everything but shadows/effects turned up to full, framerate seemed solid once I disabled v-sync. Game looks gorgeous in motion, something I didn't really get from watching videos and streams. Love the titan transitions, although it does feel a little unnerving losing vision for a couple of seconds.

Anyway need sleep, looking forward to playing more tomorrow. If anyone wants to add me I'm STABgatekeeper on origin.

Toski

I wonder what would happen if there was a "hardcore" mode? Some of the maps are too big for strictly 6v6, I think 10v10 would be a good starting point.

ultron87

So I'm thinking way too much about the campaign right now but,
if Spyglass and the AIs are apparently the big bad guys for Titanfall 2 won't heavily relying on an AI controlled mech suit be a bit of a liability? It felt odd in that last mission where people are talking nonsense like "the AI doesn't care about anyone!" as your Titan is rolling up behind you on follow mode.

In regards to the campaign, I did love
the drop as the IMC during Demeter, gave me ODST vibes
. That stuff is really cool, but I agree, if they were going to do a campaign, at least add some interesting gameplay twists. EX: Those creatures start attacking everyone much more aggressively and both teams have to escape to their own drop ships despite who won/is winning. Something to make it feel more unique than what they tried to do.

Pilots while running sometimes remind me of the Steven Seagal run. The animation can be so awkward bad

Oh fuck, thanks a lot, dude. Can't unsee it, dammit.

ibcgxKgFM6VLsc.gif

Milennia

Is there any indication in game of which campaign levels you have won, and on which side?

I need that achievement!

Not that i know of :/ i too a, going for this.
I kinda remember the levels i have won and lost, except i cant remember which campaign i was playing at the time lol.

meep!

Neo Member
Anyone have any tips on where to buy this digitally for the best price? GMG is 38 euro. Anyone know of a cheaper place? Not sure it matters if I buy either from a US or EU site for this game, but I'm from the EU.

I like the game, but something feels lacking, missing. I can't put my finger on it, but it feels too easy to get burned out on.

I absolutely love the freerunning and double jump mechanics though.

Vildiil

I like the game, but something feels lacking, missing. I can't put my finger on it, but it feels too easy to get burned out on.

I absolutely love the freerunning and double jump mechanics though.

Well for me personally it's the lack of game modes. I love the game but I am finding myself getting bored way faster than I should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom