• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely underestimated the power of cloaking early on. Started using it more religiously when moving through open areas and before engaging any enemies and I've seen myself improve dramatically because of it. It might be easy to see a cloaked enemy when he's running on the ground, but it's a bit tougher if you're double jumping around and parkouring all over the place.

I like cloaking on assault rifles and stim on smgs and shotgun. Stim is so much fun when wall running you start moving so fast after a wall run. Also the perk that let's you shoot while running using the smg with stim and counter balance just destroys people.

I've hacked turrets but how do you hack Spectres?

Hold X behind them. It will give you a prompt. How do you hack turrets? I got next to one but I didn't see anything you could do to it besides shoot it. Does it actually attack anything?

EDIT: Where do you need to stand next to the turret?

ultron87

Hold X behind them. It will give you a prompt. How do you hack turrets? I got next to one but I didn't see anything you could do to it besides shoot it. Does it actually attack anything?

There should be a console near the base on the outside you can hack. It will definitely shoot at enemies. I don't know how effective it actually is.

Should be a council with like a keyboard on the turret you can hack.

Oops to late

Milennia

Theres a little control panel on one of the 4 sides of the turret.

Haven't seen this posted yet:

Looks like Respawn is talking to Aspyr for a Mac version:

Developer Respawn Entertainment is currently in talks with Aspyr, a publisher that has released games such as Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Bioshock Infinite and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on the platform.

Vince Zampella, co-founder of Respawn Entertainment, said on Twitter that his studio “is talking to Aspyr” and believes “they should do it.” While it’s far from a done deal, it shows the company is keen to bring its futuristic shooter to a platform that isn’t controlled by Microsoft.

Glad EA isn't handling this themselves. SimCity is a mess on the Mac (more so than PC)

Source: http://thenextweb.com/media/2014/03...tertainment-talking-aspyr-mac-version/#!zx5sB

Xanathus

Anyone encountering this issue? I'm trying to play but it's stuck on the Connecting... circle loading screen and when I check my Resource Monitor to see what's going on I notice that Titanfall.exe is downloading 150 kB/s. Is it patching?

tauke

Hardpoint can be a hit or miss for me depending on who's in the group. My group got owned do bad at Training map for Hardpoint as we never get the chance to even secure a point without blown to bits.

Sadly can't find anyone playing CTF for East Asia/SEA server. It just keep searching for people...

Although I love to rodeo enemy titan, see if they will deploy electric smoke, if not then proceed to destroy slowly and if they bail out, I'll jump away from the titan and equip the Sidewinder and blast the titan to oblivion haha. :)

Mdk7

They attack both pilots and titans.
A shot insta-kills a pilot, and they definitely hurt a titan, especially if he's already battling another one.
Of course you personally get resources and kills of the turret you hacked, so it's definitely a cool thing to do.

Bizazedo

It's so weird. I usually prefer domination / control point style modes in my FPS. I haven't preferred Team Deathmatch over it in.....over a decade.

This game? I prefer Attrition so far. Maybe because people aren't camping yet, I dunno.

harSon

Banned
I think the multiplayer campaign could have been serviceable had they actually put some effort into it. They could have just hired someone to do CG cutscenes, and placed those between each mission. Actually put some effort into writing a story (hell, that could have been outsourced too). That alone would have made it a hell of a lot better, but if they wanted to take the idea further, they could make slight alterations to game modes to better fit the narrative. Would have been pretty cool if pulled off correctly.

monome

I think the multiplayer campaign could have been serviceable had they actually put some effort into it. They could have just hired someone to do CG cutscenes, and placed those between each mission. Actually put some effort into writing a story (hell, that could have been outsourced too). That alone would have made it a hell of a lot better, but if they wanted to take the idea further, they could make slight alterations to game modes to better fit the narrative. Would have been pretty cool if pulled off correctly.

methinks the campaign quality is a factor of EA keeping its money and MS needing a firm march release.

Man. I had an awesome moment in a match yesterday. Forgot what the map is called, but it's the one during campaign with the looong Titan sized corridors that converge in a wide open outdoor circular area with a bunch of cargo boxes in the center. Well I was out there on foot while a bunch of 2v2 and 2v1 Titan fights were going on. Basically I rodeoed and destroyed 4 titans in a row since they were too busy fighting other Titans to get out and deal with me. I kept ejecting on to the next one or back in to the cargo boxes to take cover waiting for the next titan to enter the fight.

They attack both pilots and titans.
A shot insta-kills a pilot, and they definitely hurt a titan, especially if he's already battling another one.
Of course you personally get resources and kills of the turret you hacked, so it's definitely a cool thing to do.

Sweet need to start doing that.

fozzy

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but just come across a game breaker that I had to back out of.

Was against a full party (I presume) on the map Rise. We were getting triple capped and we kept spawning in two large pipes high up. But the whole enemy team were just sat looking up and spawn killing us.

Literally impossible to get out of.

WJD

Bundle paid off now. Debating wandering in at midnight tonight to pick it up, but don't really fancy being mugged on my way home.

Bessy67

I have to use the Arc Cannon for one of the gen requirements and I'm wondering does it suck as much ass as I think it does? I've been using it for a little bit and it seems like garbage.

I really like the Arc Cannon. It does pretty good damage fully charged and it arcs to other targets. It's also a great way to take out multiple grunts with one shot.

Ocho

Hardpoint is the easiest mode to go a on a win streak with 1-2 friends. I can't imagine how good a 6 squad would perform (c'mon PC GAF, lets get together).

hypotc

How to CTF:

1. Use Stryder titan
2. Take enemy flag.
3. Dashcore
4. Profit

How to Last Titan Standing:

1. Use Ogre titan
2. Use cover as much as possible, also Rocket Salvos seem to work best for me + fast shield regen / superpunch
3. Stick together
4. Profit

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Maybe the first time, but after the second playthrough as the opposing faction I think it really starts to shine. Even better on subsequent playthroughs. I'm trying to get the achievements, so I've probably played through the campaign 2-3 times on each side now. It's not bad once you do it a few times and actually understand what's going on, heh.

The first time through was definitely rough though.

My only issue is that I don't think there should be any barrier like that to understanding the story. I actually think TitanFall could have really cool lore but I feel like the game doesn't do it justice (and I hope future games or maybe even DLC will fix that).

If there is chatter in battle, I feel there should be unique objectives dealing with the campaign and the ONLY thing the chatter will comment on is the player's own achievements or failures accomplishing the objectives. It just seems like a better alternative (and something really cool as well) rather than when cutscenes and chatter are happening in game for characters in the story apart from the actual battle that the player is engaging in.

There were times I saw hope in the TitanFall campaign games - it was a really, really awesome feeling starting or ending a match in a cutscene, especially since the cutscenes allowed player movement and some ended in surprising ways.

I need 3 things right now and am only getting one of them. Just asked this.... not getting these two yet it looks.

Untitled_zpsaa050a60.png

but the last thing I want is colored symbols for our party mates on the map and we will get that they said. Like COD has your squad blue. We'll get that at least.

Where are our leaderboards and clan tags!?!??!? lmao, clan stuff is huge in these games.

xkramz

Guys guys, I dream about titanfall.. hoping to live the life of a pilot. I sometimes catch myself staring up into the vivid sky... Hoping to find my titan...I have titanfalling in love... With her....Ariadne. I call her when time gets rough.. when I need a someone who can take me far away from the commotion. Or when I need backup.. shes my ride or die bitch.. I love you. Is this the most addicting FPS ever?

malfcn

I kept getting flag blocked by my own team last night. And I was maybe tired, but a few times I also had a hard time finding the return post.

Spookie

Guys guys, I dream about titanfall.. hoping to live the life of a pilot. I sometimes catch myself staring up into the vivid sky... Hoping to find my titan...I have titanfalling in love... With her....Ariadne. I call her when time gets rough.. when I need a someone who can take me far away from the commotion. Or when I need backup.. shes my ride or die bitch.. I love you. Is this the most addicting FPS ever?

nnl9M.gif

This thread is too much for me.

I just finished the IMC campaign and something not very nice has happened...

I am already feeling a bit bored of the game. It may be down to playing it a bit too much since yesterday (still not really that many hours though).

The problem is I am bored, so I have a bad game because I am not putting my all into it plus my tactics go to ****. I then play another game to try and go out on a high. It is a stupid multiplayer vicious circle I get into.

My only issue is that I don't think there should be any barrier like that to understanding the story. I actually think TitanFall could have really cool lore but I feel like the game doesn't do it justice (and I hope future games or maybe even DLC will fix that).

If there is chatter in battle, I feel there should be unique objectives dealing with the campaign and the ONLY thing the chatter will comment on is the player's own achievements or failures accomplishing the objectives. It just seems like a better alternative (and something really cool as well) rather than when cutscenes and chatter are happening in game for characters in the story apart from the actual battle that the player is engaging in.

There were times I saw hope in the TitanFall campaign games - it was a really, really awesome feeling starting or ending a match in a cutscene, especially since the cutscenes allowed player movement and some ended in surprising ways.
I'm curious how their live action web series is going to play out. I think it will help out a lot to flesh out the lore and I think they were aware they needed something like that.

ultron87

Yeah, the campaign missions that start with non-standard cutscenes (ie not landing in a drop ship) were very cool at the start. I really like the one on IMC
where you start in a briefing room and then the doors open and you're immediately in the fight.
If the missions had stayed with you being engaged like that instead of all the action happening off-screen it could've been really cool. And the second to last mission
where everyone gets blown up at in the epilogue was pretty cool too. I was hoping that that was going to lead to some joint operation final mission thing where everyone is fighting the AI, since Graves joins the Militia, but sadly the IMC players are forced to fight on the side of the evil robot that just blew you up in the previous mission.

Anyone encountering this issue? I'm trying to play but it's stuck on the Connecting... circle loading screen and when I check my Resource Monitor to see what's going on I notice that Titanfall.exe is downloading 150 kB/s. Is it patching?

Yes its happening to me too, and quite frequently. Its definitely not a patch because it happens during map loading as well (after lobby countdown ends) and because of it I miss the drop and join the match late. Restarting Origin sometimes does the fix but its so fking annoying. And the download speed is always a steady 140KB/s

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I down as well.
Origin name: Practice02

Awesome I'll remember to add you when I get home from work.

I'm curious how their live action web series is going to play out. I think it will help out a lot to flesh out the lore and I think they were aware they needed something like that.

Some times I get the feeling that respawn came up with this awesome universe for the game but couldn't figure out how to actually convey it in game so the whole thing kind of feels like tacked on fanfiction.

I just finished the IMC campaign and something not very nice has happened...

I am already feeling a bit bored of the game. It may be down to playing it a bit too much since yesterday (still not really that many hours though).

The problem is I am bored, so I have a bad game because I am not putting my all into it plus my tactics go to ****. I then play another game to try and go out on a high. It is a stupid multiplayer vicious circle I get into.

Hmm question for you, and don't answer if you're uncomfortable... (i'm not being a jerk here) but do you happen to have a short attention span by chance?

I have a good friend, a FPS fanatic, who gets bored with whatever he's playing after a day or two and has to go play a different game for about the same time... he bounces back and forth and can't sink any length into one game.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Random question. Does anyone who what font respawn is using for the chat box lobby/in game?
iQRn2NOQg3zfu.png

Fonts used by the game:

Conduit ITC Pro Medium
Conduit ITC Pro Bold
PF Din Text Cond Pro Light
PF Din Text Cond Pro Medium

I believe the PF Din font is the one you're looking for.

Hmm question for you, and don't answer if you're uncomfortable... (i'm not being a jerk here) but do you happen to have a short attention span by chance?

I have a good friend, a FPS fanatic, who gets bored with whatever he's playing after a day or two and has to go play a different game for about the same time... he bounces back and forth and can't sink any length into one game.

In my older years I wouldn't say a short attention span is my problem. I just have a tonne of things going on that tend to take my attention away; it is hard to switch off real life issues and this in turn causes grief in gaming I guess.

I think it might just be a bad day at the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom