• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I wish I could run this game on my Macbook. I really want to play during my work breaks during the day, the little time I have with it at night isn't enough to satisfy that itch.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think cloak is pretty useless honestly. I feel naked without stim, and the radar pulse is also really useful. Cloak is still easy to see as a pilot and I have smoke to counter any rodeo's which is the only time they can really get the drop on me. Otherwise I can easily follow their weapon trail if they attack me, and they're somewhat visibile here anyway.

do you use Stim as well with this combo, I'm been going back and forth between that and CAR with silencer and power cell with Stim, nothing beats dropping 3 pilots in a row because they didn't notice their buddies dropping around them

Yeah, I use stim with that. Seems to confuse the hell out of people.

But I do miss the extended wallhangs and runs since that setup works well for defending hardpoints off a wall.

Typomancer

Neo Member
Smart pistol, shotgun, smg are decent too, depending on map and playstyle. Other weapons not so much.

The shotgun with stim feels OP. The smart pistol is just mega lulzy. I love to run it when I don’t feel particularly into aiming down sights and want to farm the NPCs especially.

I do like the Hemlock on the occasion. My luck with that gun feels surprisingly good. If one of the rounds is a headshot, they usually go down in one burst.

I dont think a 50 gig download is understandable for a small multiplayer only game, deal with it. And no i dont think invisibility should be a valid fucking option for a competitive game. But im still going to give this game a shot. Hope im wrong and its not another crysis 3 mp.

The “invisibility” from cloak only makes you invisible to Titans and NPCs. Players out of a Titan can still see your discolored cloaked outline pretty easily, but in hectic situations they may not notice you as much as if you weren’t cloaked.

And the 50GB thing is because of all the uncompressed audio for all the languages. They should be patching that out since it’s ridiculous.

Why use run n gun? You can only run forward. You can't really strafe, so you're easier to hit. It's a disadvantage.

hmm interesting, never thought of it like that I usually just try to run circles around the enemy, staying just out of melee range

Yeah, I use stim with that. Seems to confuse the hell out of people.

But I do miss the extended wallhangs and runs since that setup works well for defending hardpoints off a wall.

Ah cool, haven't used wallhangs all to much yet, been mainly playing pilot hunter and attritions with my friends, should try to get them to do hardpoint tonight

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
And no i dont think invisibility should be a valid fucking option for a competitive game. But im still going to give this game a shot. Hope im wrong and its not another crysis 3 mp.

Cloaking only makes you slightly harder to see vs players it's still extremely obvious where you are, in fact people who use cloaking and act like they're impossible to see are probably the easiest kills I've ever gotten.

The true purpose of cloaking is clever misdirection but mainly for fighting titans while on foot.

By the tone ? Oh sorry im not amazed by all the bullshit marketing. Ill go get on microsofts and EAs dick for you if that will make you feel better.

I dont think a 50 gig download is understandable for a small multiplayer only game, deal with it. And no i dont think invisibility should be a valid fucking option for a competitive game. But im still going to give this game a shot. Hope im wrong and its not another crysis 3 mp.

Cloaking is like predator cloaking, you still can see a pilot hes just a blurry blob that's sorta see through. Also cloaking only lasts a few seconds before it needs to recharge.

Tawpgun

Yeah the carbine is just the best weapon in the game. Bar none. It's so damn versatile. I've had some luck with the CAR but you can't hit anything thats too far away, and I was still getting killed by carbines in CQC.

I also hate the smart pistol. It's not that its OP or anything, it wont make you king of the leaderboard, its just super annoying to get killed by someone. At least they have to aim a little with other guns and some wall runs/jukes can save your life...

Hope to hear news of some DLC/Balancing updates soon. Such as Titans not being allowed to carry flags.

Cloaking only makes you slightly harder to see vs players it's still extremely obvious where you are, in fact people who use cloaking and act like they're impossible to see are probably the easiest kills I've ever gotten.

The true purpose of cloaking is clever misdirection but mainly for fighting titans while on foot.

Sounds like crysis.. you could see the person like when predator is cloaked with the shimmery.. Still an extremely annoying thing to be killed by an a big reason crysis mp died so fast. 60% done

Shit, i must have horrible eyesight but if im running around jumping from here to there i rarely see a cloaked pilot... if i do it's for a brief second then they bound away round a corner or roof top. Then again i was always fooled by the invis in Halo as well. Might just be me?

Coconut

Banned
Those also started getting out of control for me. So many aeriel based 'lol u dead' things, and sometimes(I recall this in MW2) you didn't even get a good anti-air until a good couple of hours of leveling. Fucking dumb.

I am usually anti-unlocks but Titanfall has handled it pretty well, as it right off the bat gives you important weapons for the Titan and Pilot along with strong perks. The only misstep is locking the chassis behind the campaigns.

By Blops2 it was so many instant death things that it was fun and unfair to the players that weren't feeding the meat grinder that was the other team.

I get the Locking the titans behind campaign they want people play it. The shitty part is not allowing players to choose teams or levels to start with. Not being able to control that has left me waiting to unlock the ogre at a later date. But you know if there ain't some jankiness to game it's not really funny.

MNC

ibjm79nJi300TQ.png

1st time doing this in the retail build.=p

It hurts so much how sharp the image can be, and how unsharp I need the image to be on my laptop to get a decent framerate. A fucking source game, for fucks sake.

Give me new drivers or give me death!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sounds like crysis.. you could see the person like when predator is cloaked with the shimmery.. Still an extremely annoying thing to be killed by an a big reason crysis mp died so fast. 60% done
The other thing is that when you are cloaked, you lose your sights. That takes getting used to especially if you are aiming for headshots.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Naw no shimmery here, you just kinda stand out. Also given how maps work on a mostly vertical field you'll still be killed by people you can't see just because you're probably not used to checking above and below you when traveling.

Titanfall to me is so awesome because it plays like a middle ground between UT2K4 and CoD4. The game is really fast and there is so much more of a focus on how well you know how to move and position yourself rather than twitch reflexes and aiming alone.

I'm a killing machine.

Running wall to wall, throwing grenade, stim, call in Titan, create havok, eject, rodeo on landing. Explosions!

Love this game. Fucking Respawn. One thing that will become very common is burn card. I expect a lot of games to use it.

I get the Locking the titans behind campaign they want people play it. The shitty part is not allowing players to choose teams or levels to start with. Not being able to control that has left me waiting to unlock the ogre at a later date. But you know if there ain't some jankiness to game it's not really funny.

I hate that the titans are stuck behind the campaign, I'm curious what the experience of players coming in late to this game will be regarding the campaign. I have a few friends that want to get this but because of work trips won't be able to play for another 2 weeks or so. I'm afraid they wont even have opponents to play against to finish the campaign when they finally get around to installing Titanfall :/

Etnos

Banned
CAR with counterweight and run n gun is super agile. That combo is outrageous on Colony and other tight maps. I love the DMR for the open maps like Training Grounds and Demeter. LMG because I am a LMG whore.

Yeah the CAR is my second favourite, I feels kind of jumpy thou, but that may be me.

By the tone ? Oh sorry im not amazed by all the bullshit marketing. Ill go get on microsofts and EAs dick for you if that will make you feel better.

My statement had nothing to do with marketing or company allegiances, it had to do with the fact that you were questioning why you bought the game before you had even played it and were expressing dislike of some core features of it. So I stand by my original response — I think it is unlikely that you will enjoy this game. I might be wrong, though.

I'm sorry if I offended you. Have a great day!

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Anyone tried using the 3 round burst with the grenade launcher? Is it any good? I think that's what I plan on working towards.

Coconut

Banned
I hate that the titans are stuck behind the campaign, I'm curious what the experience of players coming in late to this game will be regarding the campaign. I have a few friends that want to get this but because of work trips won't be able to play for another 2 weeks or so. I'm afraid they wont even have opponents to play against to finish the campaign when they finally get around to installing Titanfall :/

In theory there will always be people going through the campaign because of prestiging resetting unlocks right?

Mesoian

Pfft.

THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE!
ALRIGHT FINE, THERE'S A DIFFERENCE, BUT IT'S NOT HUGE!

The Digital Foundry report is going to be INTERESTING. Especially considering the biggest difference between the XBone version and the PC version is framerate, not resolution.

I called in my Titan above an enemy titan, when it came down it crushed the enemy titan. Amazing.

It's funny when you do it, it's THE WORST when it happens to you.

Nokterian

When i play Titanfall i feel like this...

82700-america-fuck-yeah-gif-Colbert-BnrR.gif

This game is sooo mutch fun! Killing titans,kicking pilots in there face. Parkour everywhere. To me i got that feeling back when i had tons of fun with MW1 and that's good. Respawn you dawgs you know how to create a shooter where others well failed to be honest.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Shit, i must have horrible eyesight but if im running around jumping from here to there i rarely see a cloaked pilot... if i do it's for a brief second then they bound away round a corner or roof top. Then again i was always fooled by the invis in Halo as well. Might just be me?

snowblind

Maaaybeee it is you :p

You kinda just begin to notice what to look for when it comes to hunting down cloaked pilots. Especially if they're jumping a lot since they stand out like crazy against the skybox. In my experience people who use cloak when they're scared or trying to act sneaky will stick to either the roof tops or think it's okay to travel out in the open.

2San

Pfft.

THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE!
ALRIGHT FINE, THERE'S A DIFFERENCE, BUT IT'S NOT HUGE!

The Digital Foundry report is going to be INTERESTING. Especially considering the biggest difference between the XBone version and the PC version is framerate, not resolution.
There is also the FOV thing.

In theory there will always be people going through the campaign because of prestiging resetting unlocks right?

from what I read I dont think prestiging resets the titan unlocks (god I hope not)

edit: http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101569223&postcount=993

Warning! You will lose all that you have unlocked and be reset to level 1. All challenges will be reset. However, you will earn XP at an accelerated rate of [XP RATE] as a [NEXT GEN NUMERIC] gen Pilot. You will retain your Burn Card collection, and the Ogre and Stryder Titans if you unlocked them. You will get a unique chip indicating to others your Gen status.

Jito

Banned

It's not a 50 Gb download it's 20 Gb download then 50 Gb installed. Also you're coming across pretty hostile for no reason, what's the deal?

Coconut

Banned
I love that when your neck gets snapped it keeps you in first person and you look the person who snapped your neck before you die. So jarring and so fucking bad ass.

bidguy

Banned
damn stryder + triple threat is godmode

shoot grenades activate particle wall shoot more grenades dash away. i can kill 3 titans before it gets critical

shandy706

It's easy to spot people that are cloaked.

Here's a random gameplay video I made. It just so happens I captured two easy "cloaked" kills. Cloaking does nothing for you against on foot players.

http://youtu.be/DAviqyD53Eo

antitrop

It's not thread-worthy, but famousmortimer said the Xbox 360 version will be sub-720p/30fps, as I've been predicting for months.

aravuus

Finally unlocked the C.A.R SMG, which is also a lot of fun. I have a hard time deciding if I like it or the shotfun better though

e: meant to write shotgun but then i realized shotfun describes the weapon and playing with it perfectly

Etnos

Banned

Having both versions I agree with him, there are differences but they are minimal. If so FOV is more of a big deal to me.

And yeah I really don't get this sudden fixation with resolution counting in the gaming community, like... There are games that look great at 720p and there are games that look like garbage at 1080p, any PC gamer knows this. There is more to visuals than P counting.

So what is everyone's opinion of burn cards? Should they be in the next game? Should they be more or less powerful?

I think they're fine as they are, but I wish they were a little more valuable. Like someone else said earlier, I can use three a game and get them replenished at the end. It would also be cool if they had more weapons that were exclusively available through burn cards that give you a slight advantage.

It's not thread-worthy, but famousmortimer said the Xbox 360 version will be sub-720p/30fps, as I've been predicting for months.

Yikes. Glad I have on the Xbox One.

I really want the DLC maps to be more fantastical/sci fi. I don't really like the military base looking levels. The one where you're on the planet with the alien creatures flying around is a good one.

Coconut

Banned
I want to use the spot through walls tactical ability, but I feel so naked when I go into a match without cloak.

I stopped using cloak and switched to the sonar thing since it helps defend and clear rooms in hard point. The more information I have the better I can kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom