• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm curious how their live action web series is going to play out. I think it will help out a lot to flesh out the lore and I think they were aware they needed something like that.

I'll watch the web series because I think the lore here is interesting and different from other games and I know Respawn is capable of creating a great campaign when they do get the resources, time, and money to do so.

Yeah, the campaign missions that start with non-standard cutscenes (ie not landing in a drop ship) were very cool at the start. I really like the one on IMC
where you start in a briefing room and then the doors open and you're immediately in the fight.
If the missions had stayed with you being engaged like that instead of all the action happening off-screen it could've been really cool. And the second to last mission
where everyone gets blown up at in the epilogue was pretty cool too. I was hoping that that was going to lead to some joint operation final mission thing where everyone is fighting the AI, since Graves joins the Militia, but sadly the IMC players are forced to fight on the side of the evil robot that just blew you up in the previous mission.

Man, could you imagine how awesome that would be? If you start the campaign fighting against other players like normal, but eventually
you team up with the other team and fight pretty much the entire AI (including maybe even AI Titans) under the control of Sparkplug?
So much wasted potential, and your description of what could have been just makes me realize how much lost potential there actually was.

Jito

Banned
I just want to verify that I cannot use Kinect to do in game voice chat?

Also I had a funny death happen today. I thought it was the enemy pilot but it turned out not to be the case :). That cloud AI man...

Holy shit what a shot!

Been seriously considering picking this up for PC, would you recommend it? Worth the $60?
Quite a few places have been selling it below full price. Check some key sites first, they might be cheaper.

In my older years I wouldn't say a short attention span is my problem. I just have a tonne of things going on that tend to take my attention away; it is hard to switch off real life issues and this in turn causes grief in gaming I guess.

I think it might just be a bad day at the office.

I hear you and totally understand. I get into a slump now and then where i just cant really sit down an game... also usually related to work. Hope shit turns around for you and you can find some more fun in TF!

Coconut

Banned
Been seriously considering picking this up for PC, would you recommend it? Worth the $60?

If you have put in a lot of time in TF2, BF4 multiplayer, or COD multiplayer and don't care about single player content then yes. Otherwise you might not have fun. For me the game has some legs and even if I get 30 hours of entertainment out of it that was worth the 60 bucks. As for its performance on PC it's the go to place to play the game.

I hear you and totally understand. I get into a slump now and then where i just cant really sit down an game... also usually related to work. Hope shit turns around for you and you can find some more fun in TF!

I expect it will all click again. I work from home so I am constantly checking emails even when don't have a lot on. You never know when some one is going to get back to you.

I have spent my day dipping in-and-out of making icons for a website and playing the game. Not a match made in heaven!

JDizzv

Does anyone care to explain the Titan core abilities and how to use them? Maybe I missed something during the intro but I've noticed them listed in each of my Titan load outs and I can't find anywhere that explains what they mean.

Coconut

Banned
Does anyone care to explain the Titan core abilities and how to use them? Maybe I missed something during the intro but I've noticed them listed in each of my Titan load outs and I can't find anywhere that explains what they mean.

Press down on the d-pad when you are in the Titan and the core ability is charged up.

I have the increased damage core equipped and it allows me to do extra damage for a short time while I'm using my Titan.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just had a draw in a LTS game. We both went into doom state, I went in a little earlier, but was able to get in a shot on him to make it even. Also, the plasma railgun's instant shot is so nice.

Tetraeon

If you have put in a lot of time in TF2, BF4 multiplayer, or COD multiplayer and don't care about single player content then yes. Otherwise you might not have fun. For me the game has some legs and even if I get 30 hours of entertainment out of it that was worth the 60 bucks. As for its performance on PC it's the go to place to play the game.

I played many, many hours of TF2 and have been looking for a fun multiplayer shooter after the shitstorm that was BF4. Sounds like this might be the game for me, though I'm a bit wary of the PC port. Any outstanding differences from the XB1 version?

Chobel

I can't play Titanfall for the time being, so I'm watching youtube gameplay videos, and man! This game is so fucking awesome. I'm really envious of you guys.

I would say have fun guys, but I'm pretty sure you're already doing that.

Lunar15

I played many, many hours of TF2 and have been looking for a fun multiplayer shooter after the shitstorm that was BF4. Sounds like this might be the game for me, though I'm a bit wary of the PC port. Any outstanding differences from the XB1 version?

Quick word of caution, as someone who *does* like Titanfall, I will say that it's not as tactical as Battlefield or TF2, and is far more "lone wolf" K/D ratio oriented than class based shooters.

It's a great game, just go in with the right expectations. The strategy comes in quickly planning how you're going to do something and then how you're going to get out. Everything's constantly moving.

Coconut

Banned
Quick word of caution, as someone who *does* like Titanfall, I will say that it's not as tactical as Battlefield or TF2, and is far more "lone wolf" K/D ratio oriented than class based shooters.

It's a great game, just go in with the right expectations. The strategy comes in quickly planning how you're going to do something and then how you're going to get out. Everything's constantly moving.

Yeah I should clarify that my comparison to TF2 is more a comment on the zaniness of some of the mechanics in Titan fall rather than the team based game play. But like all multiplayer games you can loan wolf it but just don't expect to win unless you are working together.

Timu

ibjm79nJi300TQ.png

1st time doing this in the retail build.=p

Tetraeon

It definitely seems like a dynamic and fast paced game, to say the least. I don't mind long wolfing but I hope there's an option to work with your teammates for bonuses or something. TF2 really relied on team based gameplay but it looks like Titanfall is a lot more visceral and a lot less cooperative.

Guys guys, I dream about titanfall.. hoping to live the life of a pilot. I sometimes catch myself staring up into the vivid sky... Hoping to find my titan...I have titanfalling in love... With her....Ariadne. I call her when time gets rough.. when I need a someone who can take me far away from the commotion. Or when I need backup.. shes my ride or die bitch.. I love you. Is this the most addicting FPS ever?

It's no Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Although yes, it is made to be addicting (minions are there so you never feel too bad about yourself, titans are killstreak rewards without needing to worry about killstreaks, all objectives are fairly easy, map tactics is same as CoD.)

soo i just bought this game on pc..why is it 50gigs and did i make a terrible mistake buying into the hype? I heard this game has cloaking.. and i dont know why the fuck i just bought a mp only shooter game with cloaking..

Guess well find out in 20 hours when this retarded download is done.

I wouldn't say that at all. IMO it depends on who you're playing with in any of those shooters. If you're playing TF with a team of friends, communicating, planing when who's Titan drops when, whos covering what objective, forcing choke-points with walls and bubbles etc... it's only as tactical as you and your team make it.

aravuus

soo i just bought this game on pc..why is it 50gigs and did i make a terrible mistake buying into the hype? I heard this game has cloaking.. and i dont know why the fuck i just bought a mp only shooter game with cloaking..

Half of the size is pretty much voices, in other languages. Stupid, I know.

And yeah, there's cloaking, but it's brief and rarely a problem. I've been killed by a cloaked guy I didn't notice maybe a dozen times.

Man this is infuriating. Its just stuck at the loading screen after you click play and network meter is showing continues downloading. So far I've downloaded close to 100MB and it is still going on. Is it trying to download the AI or something?

Coconut

Banned
It's no Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Although yes, it is made to be addicting (minions are there so you never feel too bad about yourself, titans are killstreak rewards without needing to worry about killstreaks, all objectives are fairly easy, map tactics is same as CoD.)

The nice part about the titans is that they are less passive then a regular kill streak and require more skill than less passive kill streaks. I feel less hopeless in this game then say in black ops when someone would get the black bird, dogs, and ac-130.

Drake

I've played 4 rounds so far and have been disconnected twice. Both times I was on really good teams too. Very very frustrating.

crun

Banned
Ding lvl 50!

3.5 KDA vs players, 10 kda vs minions. 62/77 matches MVP, 74% win ratio.

Not going to bother with prestige shit, I am not into leveling and achievements. I am a KDA whore though.

Judging only from the tone of your post, I don't think you will appreciate Titanfall. I would suggest you go ahead and cancel the download and request your 24-hour grace period refund from Origin.

T.O.P

Banned
Beautiful

Finally had my first 2 hour in the game
Fuckin love the maps i tried so far, Boneyard is cool as hell but nothing beats the cable one

Also had a capture point match with 24 pilot kills and i went from level 4 to 9 lol

Gonna buy the season pass later just because, shit is too addicting

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The nice part about the titans is that they are less passive then a regular kill streak and require more skill than less passive kill streaks. I feel less hopeless in this game then say in black ops when someone would get the black bird, dogs, and ac-130.

Those also started getting out of control for me. So many aeriel based 'lol u dead' things, and sometimes(I recall this in MW2) you didn't even get a good anti-air until a good couple of hours of leveling. Fucking dumb.

I am usually anti-unlocks but Titanfall has handled it pretty well, as it right off the bat gives you important weapons for the Titan and Pilot along with strong perks. The only misstep is locking the chassis behind the campaigns.

I can't stop playing this game. It's the breath of fresh air this genre needed and it plays like a dream. Add 'ThePeskyToaster' on Origin if you want to play some matches.

I would like them to add more guns, especially a pump action shotgun like the SPAS-12 in MW2. I like the aesthetic and the feel better than the auto shotguns with a drum magazine. Or a lever action like the Gnasher in Gears. Some more smgs and assault rifles too just to give the game some more visual variety. Maybe some bullpup guns too. Probably need to tweak the stats to that they are all different yet equal viable. I would like customization options that change the visual look more than the current set of options. It gives a nice feeling of "This is my gun and I have made it exactly how I want it" that you don't get with such limited options.

This is just a small complaint though because the core gameplay is so much fun that it's not as big of a problem as it would be in another shooter.

Mesoian

I actually had a Titanfall dream last night too. It gave me a really good idea for how to do a single player campaign.

It's tough though because any single player campaign would essentially have to focus on how needless the war is for people and how it only affects corporate interests of people who live in other solar systems, while the in inhabitants of the mining world are, very often, being slaughtered by crossfire.

It's something I'd like to put on paper. Maybe i'll write out the scenario later.

When does the grabbing a pilot from a titan and smashing them happen? Have done it twice but wasn't sure what exactly is the trigger for it.

Once their titan is doomed, if you melee it, you get the special animation.

What seems more random is punching pilots in the titans. I randomly punched a building last night and got a triple kill.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I ah, I just purchased an X1...again (sold my day 1 edition to a buddy who really wanted one. I was dissatisfied with Forza 5, and having nothing to look forward to till Halo, I decided to help him out). Buddy invited me over to his place to play Titanfall, and it's freaking fun as hell. I've got credit with Amazon, so I've got to wait a few days, but all in all, I can't wait.

Ps. Getting it free with the X1 is a nice bonus, versus having to pay for it had I kept my X1.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Ding lvl 50!

3.5 KDA vs players, 10 kda vs minions. 62/77 matches MVP, 74% win ratio.

Not going to bother with prestige shit, I am not into leveling and achievements. I am a KDA whore though.
I hope you're not busy KDAing your ego during objective games :p

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Has anyone find a good reason not to use the R-101C all the time?

CAR with counterweight and run n gun is super agile. That combo is outrageous on Colony and other tight maps. I love the DMR for the open maps like Training Grounds and Demeter. LMG because I am a LMG whore.

Judging only from the tone of your post, I don't think you will appreciate Titanfall. I would suggest you go ahead and cancel the download and request your 24-hour grace period refund from Origin.

By the tone ? Oh sorry im not amazed by all the bullshit marketing. Ill go get on microsofts and EAs dick for you if that will make you feel better.

I dont think a 50 gig download is understandable for a small multiplayer only game, deal with it. And no i dont think invisibility should be a valid fucking option for a competitive game. But im still going to give this game a shot. Hope im wrong and its not another crysis 3 mp.

CAR with counterweight and run n gun is super agile. That combo is outrageous on Colony and other tight maps. I love the DMR for the open maps like Training Grounds and Demeter. LMG because I am a LMG whore.

do you use Stim as well with this combo, I'm been going back and forth between that and CAR with silencer and power cell with Stim, nothing beats dropping 3 pilots in a row because they didn't notice their buddies dropping around them

HelloMeow

Why use run n gun? You can only run forward. You can't really strafe, so you're easier to hit. It's a disadvantage.

I dont think a 50 gig download is understandable for a small multiplayer only game, deal with it. And no i dont think invisibility should be a valid fucking option for a competitive game. But im still going to give this game a shot. Hope im wrong and its not another crysis 3 mp.

the cloaking isn't really "invisibility" to other pilots; it's pretty easy to get kills on cloaked targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom