• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Game has like 5 good guns, everything else is just feeless feeling, which really hurts the already small weapon selection. They made the basic carbine and the CAR SMG just too good that it's hard to really even add different guns to the game later on to really have a point. The carbine is so good with this style of game that it makes the hemlock and semi auto weapons feel pointless.

Shotgun does its broken short range work, and the lmg is iffy but a decent Titan killing machine. Smart pistol...lol. Everything else seems pointless for the game as is.
I kinda feel the same. I saw the hemlock and was like aww shit M16! Nope.....

BraXzy

Did anyone buy this digitally from the US store (who is in the UK) and have no issues? I want a digital copy but I'm not paying £55.

WJD

Just played my first 3 games and I'm a big fan so far. Absolutely love the parkour elements.

I did. Do it for all my games. Let me know if you want me to walk you through setting it up.

I'd be interested in this if you don't mind?

Digitally downloaded games can be played by any account on the console right?

I kinda feel the same. I saw the hemlock and was like aww shit M16! Nope.....

Yep the game moves so fast, the burst and semi auto weapons really don't seem to work that great. And they made the default rifle/carbine have insane accuracy while you ADS, even while moving. Point of semi auto and burst weapons is supposed to be accuracy and control, but the full auto carbine is dead accurate even on full auto while you ads that you have to go.... what is the point of the other rifles? Rate of fire is high, and players die quick in this, it really limits variety of what they can do if they wanted to add more weapons to the game.

The weapons need more individuality to them or unique attachments to make them different, instead the game seems like its going to boil down to everyone just using the same 5 weapons forever while you rarely will see anything else used.

I'm hoping they can add more weapons, and do some balancing/nerfage/tweaks on the current weapons to create more variety in play.

Grassy

Made it to level 10 tonight using the Asian server(which I found quite playable even with ~150 ping), and then I was finally able to connect to the Australian Beta server with ~30 ping.

I'm really enjoying it so far. I love taking out titans with my rocket launcher while hiding behind some rocks. Most of the games I've played were really close, although the last few games I played tonight were blow-outs fueled by 2-3 titans ganging up and just dominating.
I can't wait to play more.

Eoin

Do games feel more team oriented or every man for himself? I didn't see much teamwork happening in some of the Twitch streams I watched briefly.
Depends on the mode and who you are playing with. Last Titan standing and CTF, if you don't play as a team you will get destroyed. Hardpoint and attrition you can fly solo a bit more, but an organised team will still destroy you.

Boogdud

Now for a novice question: How can you really tell if a player is using an aim bot and isn't just very good?

Well the invulnerability one is pretty self explanatory. But the aim bot user (if they're an absolute moron) will sit on top of a high building and just snap his aim all over the place, it's pretty evident.

The guys that run and gun with an aimbot are much harder to figure out. But I've had a few that would snap shots with the CAR or carbine in really strange looking ways. Like running full sprint shooting two guys in front of him that were just coming around corners (but could be explained by some of the burn cards or loadouts that give radar images) but then immediately snapping back behind them and smoking guys above them or peeking out of corners. This is a little more suspicious.

There are also some really nasty smart pistol hackers too. No aim one shots with infinite ammo and the like. It's really crappy, it's bad enough to get hit by that obnoxious thing by someone legit.

Hip Hop

Doing the Generation 2 requirements is making me hate the game.

I gotta say, the 40mm and the Shotgun are pretty crappy for killing pilots. and you have to get 200 kills with them each. Pilots and Titans.

Yeah, the shotgun can be annoying when killed by it, but they are at a severe range disadvantage.

Well the invulnerability one is pretty self explanatory. But the aim bot user (if they're an absolute moron) will sit on top of a high building and just snap his aim all over the place, it's pretty evident.

The guys that run and gun with an aimbot are much harder to figure out. But I've had a few that would snap shots with the CAR or carbine in really strange looking ways. Like running full sprint shooting two guys in front of him that were just coming around corners (but could be explained by some of the burn cards or loadouts that give radar images) but then immediately snapping back behind them and smoking guys above them or peeking out of corners. This is a little more suspicious.

There are also some really nasty smart pistol hackers too. No aim one shots with infinite ammo and the like. It's really crappy, it's bad enough to get hit by that obnoxious thing by someone legit.

Thanks for this; I thought as much. Sometimes my killcam looks a lot different to what I saw. Could aimbot users possibly cause this issue as it is tricking the game?

Also: I really need to stick a piece of paper to my screen saying "USE BURN CARDS". I am mostly okay at the start of a match but forget when I die.

Hip Hop

PC or Xbox One? I ran into some guys running cheats on the PC version today at my friend's place. A mix of aim bots and invulnerability sucked all the fun right out of it instantly.

Is there evidence of hacks being in the game yet?

I've been called out on this too many times and I'm certainly not doing it. It's like people don't realize people can be that good. There is also aim-assist that helps in aim, and it may seems like people are "snapping" on. It just urks me when people throw out the "HACKS!!!" without no evidence. Not naming you of course, just other people in general.

The killcam is not a sure shot to determine by the way, the killcams have been pretty broken since they were introduced (In Call of Duty I believe). But yeah, I guess they can help a bit. I just would like to know if hacks are already in the game, and if so, this game will go downhill quickly.

This is the old Infinity Ward, where all their past games were hacked, and there was very little support in getting rid of it. In cases, they just left the game as-is. I hope they beefed up their security measures since then.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Why would you camp on this game lol. Some dude managed to stay in the spawning tunnel where you rope down. Managed to get him finally with a Titan but it's so silly he probably got 1-2 kills all game.

And they all get muted.

Lol yup.

Is anyone getting tired of the game yet?

I'm not personally. but with the samey level design, lack of competitive ranks and only like 4 gametypes I'm wondering how long the "wow factor" will last for myself and others.

So, to unlock the other chassis in the campaign do I need to be on the winning side of each battle or just complete the battle? Also, the campaign is fucking nonsense and just a bunch of matches loosely strung together with some radio play gibberish.

I'm not personally. but with the samey level design, lack of competitive ranks and only like 4 gametypes I'm wondering how long the "wow factor" will last for myself and others.

It feels like it has half the content of your average shooter at full price. It really needs a few more modes added for free to beef it up. I'll take a horde mode or even a warzone mode like in the Killzone games. Just give me something, anything. And 15 maps doesnt seem like a lot when the rounds are fast and you can see them all within an hour.

You just gotta play it, no matter win or lose.

awesome. Thanks!

Hip Hop

So, to unlock the other chassis in the campaign do I need to be on the winning side of each battle or just complete the battle? Also, the campaign is fucking nonsense and just a bunch of matches loosely strung together with some radio play gibberish.

You just gotta play it, no matter win or lose.

monome

not really.

tho I've decided on playing 2hrs max per day.

This my MP game until Destiny hits. I'm not gonna burn myself on it. Season pass is ordered.

In comparison, I'm interested in Mario Kart 8 but I fear that game will end up bloated.
Titanfall repetitiveness will depend on players. Parkour + mechs means I have a lot to learn and master to become a Ninja Pilot Berserk Terminator.

Lunzio

Currently Rank 48 and I definitely feel the burn. Once I hit 50 I figure it'll be a game I turn to for a couple of matches every so often, but I personally need more unique modes in the game to keep it interesting.

I genuinely can't wait until the matchmaking fixes. I hate having to keep leaving and joining servers because one side wins 400-100 and the teams never switch.

it took them 20 hours, assuming your going for the 3rd gen challenges?

Nah, not yet. I'm actually just going for the achievement for killing 10 ejecting pilots right now. I have heard about that Gooser challenge though. Looking forward to hitting that brick wall when I come to it though. ;)

Keasar

I really don't like the shotgun. I hate playing with them, but playing against them is annoying as hell so I switch to one myself and all of a sudden the match turns around in my favor.

aravuus

Also: I really need to stick a piece of paper to my screen saying "USE BURN CARDS". I am mostly okay at the start of a match but forget when I die.

I fucking swear to god, the cards need to be there, on the screen during the kill cam. My deck is full and I just lost one of the "rare card packs" you get by reaching a certain rank cause my deck is full of amped shotguns, amped smgs and those extra point cards for infantry.

Topper

Is anyone else having trouble playing this on xbone? I have yet to be able to play, it says data center: searching and i cant do anything. Other games work fine so i'm not sure whats going on, seems like other people are playing fine?

I fucking swear to god, the cards need to be there, on the screen during the kill cam. My deck is full and I just lost one of the "rare card packs" you get by reaching a certain rank cause my deck is full of amped shotguns, amped smgs and those extra point cards for infantry.

What rank was that? I really have to do some housekeeping on them; I am a hoarder of cards.

Grisby

The fast paced nature of the parkour stuff mixes so well with the Tians heavier style of play.

One other thing, getting in a Titan always, always, makes me feel badass. Awesome animations.

What about the Select Burn Card icon the appears when you're dead? I've heard a lot of people complain that they forget to use the Burn Cards, I just think you are all crazy. I use them all the time. Sometimes I can't use them because I don't die... (First world problems)

PhatSaqs

Banned
The fast paced nature of the parkour stuff mixes so well with the Tians heavier style of play.

One other thing, getting in a Titan always, always, makes me feel badass. Awesome animations.
Lol yeah. The pilot mobility and control is just awesome .They absolutely nailed it here. Gonna be hard to play other games after. Dare I say this is revolutionary but it is to me.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
What rank was that? I really have to do some housekeeping on them; I am a hoarder of cards.

You are rewarded packs at Levels: 25, 30, 40, 45, 50
All packs have 7 burn cards aside from the last one which has 6.

Level 25 Pack: Adrenaline Transfusion x 2, Smuggled Stimulant x 2, Prosthetic Legs, Amped EVA-8 and Amped Charge Rifle.

Level 30 Pack: Ghost Squad x 2, Active Camo x 2, Rematch, Satellite Uplink and Personal Alarm System.

Level 40 Pack: Map Hack x 2, Satellite Uplink x 2, Amped Mag Launcher, Amped Archer and Amped Sidewinder

Level 45 Pack: Echo Vision x 2, Aural Implant x2, Packet Sniffer, Amped DMR and Personal Alarm System (first post is missing an additional Aural Implant)

Level 50 Pack: Atlas Refurb, Reserve Ogre, Spare Stryder and Spectre Camo x 3

It feels like a call of duty game on steriods when being a pilot and Mechassault when using a Titan. Those are two of my favorite online games ever so it makes sense I'm really enjoying this.

monome

I really don't like the shotgun. I hate playing with them, but playing against them is annoying as hell so I switch to one myself and all of a sudden the match turns around in my favor.

I do have fun with it. that said, I definitely think I'm too stuck too it. t's very efficient thanks to the parkour and general sense of speed of the game.

One thing about the French. They suck. ;p

5 games in a row destroyed them.

GT : monome

add me. I'll show you a good time, mon ami.

aravuus

What about the Select Burn Card icon the appears when you're dead? I've heard a lot of people complain that they forget to use the Burn Cards, I just think you are all crazy. I use them all the time. Sometimes I can't use them because I don't die... (First world problems)

It's too small lol

Guess I'm just absent-minded. Shame, cause I'm doing great without them, I'd imagine I'd do really really great with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom