• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Is there something like a GT list for older players (let´s say, 35+) with slower reflexes going?
I love the game, but start to hate to get my ass handed on a regular basis... :p
lol right there with you. The game is still fun since I can enjoy being an old fogey camping a captured hardpoint. But yeah the KD will never be close to 2:1.

Argonomic

Are you guys doing anything about the aimbots/trigger bots as well as the wall hacks? They're definitely out there and getting used.

Logging them to ban them later. Fighting cheating is a balancing act, banning in waves is a trade off between cost and effectiveness.

Blablurn

every time i finish a lenghty titanfall session and i go back to my study work my head spins a little lol. im playing on pc which means im sitting direct in front of it. such a fast game.

but its good.

very good.

Argonomic

That's cool that you guys are addressing this so quickly.

So what's the optimal usage of burn cards to make sure you don't miss out? Should you really be using 3 per game?

I discard down to about 21 before a game, unless I know a rare pack is coming up, then I discard down to around 16 or so. The way the game works now, you may earn cards during the match and that won't leave enough room for the packs, which can be up to 6 cards I believe. The more slots you have free the more cards from the pack you'll get.

every time i finish a lenghty titanfall session and i go back to my study work my head spins a little lol. im playing on pc which means im sitting direct in front of it. such a fast game.

but its good.

very good.

I am getting the same! I swear feel a bit dizzy after playing which is not something I usually suffer from.

Lima

If you are playing on console or on PC with pad please use Bumper Jumper. I can't stop laughing at how much some guys fail at wall running and movement.

You should have probably made that the default setting Respawn.

Xone9

Banned
Dear Respawn (ie argonomic):

1. Please make the matches last a bit longer... they are too short.
2. Please give us some match points when we unload a ton of ammo (grenades, etc) on Titans, yet we don't get any points because we died. I hate it when I unload a ton of arc grenades and then mag grenades or rockets on a titan, then someone else gets credit for the kill, and I get nothing. We should at least get +25 for helping take him down.
3. Burn Cards - I forget to set them up sometimes.... please make it easier to manage.
4. Wall Grab - You cannot shoot well when your on a wall... make it more accurate.
5. Rodeo a friendly - place him higher up, because you cant see anything to shoot.

For Titanfall 2:

1. I love battlefield, and I love playing with my brother. We usually team up in a tank together and have a blast. That being said, please make a Titan that has 2 seats so two players can ride it together. Maybe one player faces backwards.

2. Please add a battlefieldesque Rush mode. That is a must.

3. Take control of some drones/uav so that you can spot enemies or something.

4. Horde mode like gears of war.

5. at least 12 vs. 12 multiplayer.

Faltimar

Do you guys even use your burn cards? I dont think I even get close to filling them to the limit. I use them every game because I just keep getting them...and what else am I gonna do with them? Discard them? Thats just silly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
KB/M felt off on the PC version. Not sure why.

Plugged in 360 pad and I'm doing better, it feels great and (surprisingly) doesn't feel like I'm at a disadvantage.

First ever competitive FPS I've played with a pad on PC. It's not that I'm bad with KB/M either as I'm a veteran CS player...
I may wind up agreeing. I switched back and forth constantly while learning the game last night and 360 controller feels pretty damn good. As in Mirror's Edge, the free-running feels so damn sweet with a pad that it's almost worth the accuracy tradeoff...
1. I love battlefield, and I love playing with my brother. We usually team up in a tank together and have a blast. That being said, please make a Titan that has 2 seats so two players can ride it together. Maybe one player faces backwards.
You for sure can hitch a ride on a friendly Titan.

A tank is a bit different to a Titan and this isn't Pacific Rim. If the player count stayed the same for the next Titanfall this simply would not work well as a dynamic. You would also be making your team weaker having one less full player on the field so I hope they never implement this.

To the burn cards I always use them. Mostly amped weapons, getting your titan down quicker and the mini map hacks etc. If you use 3 per game you can easily get rid of the rubbish cards and keep the good ones.

If you are standing still long enough to get sniped at you deserve to die.

Yeah ok... but it is not about that.

Like BattleMonkey said if the RC101 is too good at long range it lowers the incentive to take others long range gun. I just wanted to know what the consensus is on that.

Munki

I can't get over how well done the maps are in this game. You can really tell a lot of time and effort was put into them.

Overdoziz

Banned
The campaign mode is so hilariously bad. Respawn, I aint got no time to listen to a terrible story while I'm trying to concentrate on winning a match.

tauke

Been messing up some players by rodeo on their Titan, they bail out and well I throw grenades around and continue to rodeo again the Titan and blast it to low health before I jump out to destroy it with my Sidewinders. Sweeeeet.

Also calling in your Titan after jumping out of a Auto Titan on the same spot is a near guarantee of destroying the Auto Titan lol.

aravuus

That was my fault. By the time we noticed this bug, it was outside the category of severity that we were still fixing for release.

It will be fixed, but in the mean time many a rare pack will be left unclaimed. I was watching a Gen3 co-worker play, his deck was full of amped RE-45s and whatnot with only one rare. He has probably missed out on ~40-50 rares because he hasn't been discarding enough.

Good to hear you acknowledge it though, I'm sure you'll fix it soon enough

In the meantime, I've been forcing myself to use the cards and damn I'm dumb with these. I keep using the wrong cards in the wrong places. Just used a -40sec off a Titan timer while my auto-titan was close to death, duking it out with someone else lol.

Yeah ok... but it is not about that.

Like BattleMonkey said if the RC101 is too good at long range it lowers the incentive to take others long range gun. I just wanted to know what the consensus is on that.

Just look at the guns that were used to kill you in the game. You never see most of the other long range guns. Majority of the time it's the RC101 or SMG that kills you. Shotgun and smart pistol also common. Everything else is rarely used it seems like.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yep. And the balance between Pilot/Titan on them all seems great.
Exiting a titan and using the height boost to get into a second-story window without touching the ground is pretty sublime. I actually haven't even seen every map but there are already some that stand out as nearly perfect, and all are at least well-planned.
Also calling in your Titan after jumping out of a Auto Titan on the same spot is a near guarantee of destroying the Auto Titan lol.
Hmm what do you mean by this?

Been messing up some players by rodeo on their Titan, they bail out and well I throw grenades around and continue to rodeo again the Titan and blast it to low health before I jump out to destroy it with my Sidewinders. Sweeeeet.

Gotta use the smokes. They're awesome for keeping fools off of you.

As far as when I'm rodeoing, it all depends. If I see the front hatch open I'll jump off, cloak, and try my best to kill them. If they pop smokes I get off immediately. If it's an autotitan I just wreck it because they're pretty stupid. I've also learned that using a sidewinder while rodeoing is a terrible way to kill yourself.

Gaz_RB

Since we'll be back from Spring Break this weekend, my friends and I are picking up this game for PC. How is the party system?

Is anyone else having trouble playing this on xbone? I have yet to be able to play, it says data center: searching and i cant do anything. Other games work fine so i'm not sure whats going on, seems like other people are playing fine?

Can anyone help with this? I'm having the same problem, but on PC. I couldn't play the beta as a result. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I can not for the life of me seem to get into the dropship when I lose hahaha fuck it is so frustrating.

Only works when your team is working together and defends the drop ship, otherwise the already dominating winning team will just farm the evac site.

Nydius

Just look at the guns that were used to kill you in the game. You never see most of the other long range guns. Majority of the time it's the RC101 or SMG that kills you. Shotgun and smart pistol also common. Everything else is rarely used it seems like.

I don't know if it's that the RC101 is just too good or that the other long range guns are just too poor for fast paced play. The Hemlok is OK if you're really accurate with the burst, but the G2A4 semi-auto rifle fires too slow to be effective and the Spitfire LMG takes too long in order to ramp up to full accuracy. By the time you're accurate enough to do anything with the Spitfire, either you're dead or the target has moved away.

I don't know if they'll ever be able to do anything about that without providing some maps specifically tailored for longer range weapons. Right now, every single map is more conducive to run-and-gun close quarter fighting.

tauke

Hmm what do you mean by this?

Didn't phrase it more detail. What I meant is when you have your Titan ready and you happen to be in a open area where the enemy Auto Titan is guarding/follow mode, you rodeo it and shoot it a little, jump off and quickly call your Titan on the same spot with the Auto Titan which you want to rodeo on it again unless you want to get kill if you lack the cloak skill.

This ensure your Titanfall will destroy it and well you still stay alive since you receive no damage from your own Titanfall lol. Usually I'll pilot the Titan immediately right after in case there is enemy pilot/titan around.

Also not many players utilize electric smoke to ward off rodeo players. My cue usually is the sound it makes when they rodeo your titan and quickly I dash to a wall/close quarters and deploy electric smoke to kill them.

ultron87

The Sidewinder is one of the most satisfying weapons I've used in quite awhile. Laying into a Titan with it feels great. Especially if you're chasing it down the street while wall running at the same time.

Xone9

Banned
Can anyone help with this? I'm having the same problem, but on PC. I couldn't play the beta as a result. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try making your xb1 in the dmz on your router... i do it for my xb1 only... this will make your NAT to open.

Firewall > DMZ

The DMZ feature allows you to specify one computer on your network to be placed outside of the NAT firewall. This may be necessary if the NAT feature is causing problems with an application such as a game or video conferencing application. Use this feature on a temporary basis.The computer in the DMZ is not protected from hacker attacks.To put a computer in the DMZ, enter the last digits of its IP address in the field below and select "Enable". Click "Apply Changes" for the change to take effect. More Info

Drake

If you're one of those people who play hardpoint and don't do the objective then you're what's wrong with America. I hate you.

tauke

The Sidewinder is one of the most satisfying weapons I've used in quite awhile. Laying into a Titan with it feels great. Especially if you're chasing it down the street while wall running at the same time.

After throwing an arc grenade to a Titan, the Sidewinder is a great way to confuse the heck out of the pilot when it receive a barrage of rockets from unknown direction.

I get most of my Anti-Titan weapon kills from Sidewinder too.

guldakot

This game is really fun, first time I've played CTF in an fps and actually enjoyed it.

The game is depressingly short on weapons though, both for pilots and titans.

Would like to see better balance among the weapons.

Coconut

Banned
I don't know if it's that the RC101 is just too good or that the other long range guns are just too poor for fast paced play. The Hemlok is OK if you're really accurate with the burst, but the G2A4 semi-auto rifle fires too slow to be effective and the Spitfire LMG takes too long in order to ramp up to full accuracy. By the time you're accurate enough to do anything with the Spitfire, either you're dead or the target has moved away.

I don't know if they'll ever be able to do anything about that without providing some maps specifically tailored for longer range weapons. Right now, every single map is more conducive to run-and-gun close quarter fighting.

I'm also positive that there is something off on the hit detection on the g2 and I'm going to capture video of it because last night my buddy and I were trying to level it up it appeared that only every third bullet was hitting a stationary grunt.

ultron87

After throwing an arc grenade to a Titan, the Sidewinder is a great way to confuse the heck out of the pilot when it receive a barrage of rockets from unknown direction.

I get most of my Anti-Titan weapon kills from Sidewinder too.

Oh yeah, definitely. Opening with an Arc grenade is an important part of the process.

I really don't like the Archer at all. Cyclone Shield hard counters it and it also lets the Titan know about where you are shooting from. I do need to try the Mag Launcher since I just got that last night. I've only used the amped version of it so far.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gotta use the smokes. They're awesome for keeping fools off of you.
Also not many players utilize electric smoke to ward off rodeo players. My cue usually is the sound it makes when they rodeo your titan and quickly I dash to a wall/close quarters and deploy electric smoke to kill them.
That's what that shit was. This junk is seriously impeding my career as a Titan hunter! Is there a cue if you're the pilot in this scenario or is it basically and insta kill if they have it charged?

ultron87

That's what that shit was. This junk is seriously impeding my career as a Titan hunter! Is there a cue if you're the pilot in this scenario or is it basically and insta kill if they have it charged?

It takes a bit for it to actually electrocute you, so you can jump off as soon as you see the smoke and probably be okay. Unless you're in a confined spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom