• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm nowhere near a decent marksman but I often rank in the top two because I actually prioritize capturing/defending points. Then I look at the lower ranked and it's some dudes who racked up pilot kills but couldn't care less about the actual game mode >:l

I generally defend a spot and if I die then I go to the closest one and capture/defend it. I'm almost always in the top 3.

PhatSaqs

Banned
I'm nowhere near a decent marksman but I often rank in the top two because I actually prioritize capturing/defending points. Then I look at the lower ranked and it's some dudes who racked up pilot kills but couldn't care less about the actual game mode >:l
I generally defend a spot and if I die then I go to the closest one and capture/defend it. I'm almost always in the top 3.

Sounds like my kinda playas. Are you on X1? If so feel free to befriend GT Saqs :)

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I get killed by jumping smart pistol users about 75% of the time. It's ridiculously frustrating. Only thing that really makes me bummed out about the game.

It does that and it promotes corner camping.

I dunno, I find the shotgun to be all around more horrifying than the smart pistol. It's really easy to "out run" a smart pistols lock on timer with stim or just by jumping a lot. And that thing does abysmal damage without locks.

Lima

So tempting. I'll have to pick this up on PC down the line. All I want is to feel that rush again.

Wait til they patch it so that you can't pick up the flag if you are in a Titan.

So fucking stupid and kills the mode for me at the moment. Once I had that figured just dash it home with the stryder.

Rodeoing would be fine but not this shit.

So I'm on Xbox One and can hear game chat through my TV but my headset isn't picking anything up. I can mute my mic and turn the volume up and down (at max I do hear the beep) but my microphone isn't picking up any sound and I can only talk to a buddy in party chat through Kinect.

Any ideas, fellas?

def sim

Wait til they patch it so that you can't pick up the flag if you are in a Titan.

So fucking stupid and kills the mode for me at the moment. Once I had that figured just dash it home with the stryder.

Oh, wow, yikes! That's a surprising decision to allow that. I wonder what their reasoning was.

I doubt that is the case. It seems random to me.

There's match making? :p If MM was working better I feel like my wins would be better than 30%. I can't be the sole reason the team I'm on is losing so often.

Yes. There is true skill matchmaking happening in the background according to Respawn.

pre_1394810516__capturerespawn.jpg

I've only tried the Hardpoint mode once (during campaign) but I at least tried to do the objectives. You can add me on X1 (GT: Nyteshade517 if that's what you're on) and it would give you someone who has a worse K/D ratio than you against pilots...lol

EDIT: you're on PC...didn't see that until after I posted

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

I think it would be okay if carrying the flag disabled dashing or if you at least had to get out of your titan to cap it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I get killed by jumping smart pistol users about 75% of the time. It's ridiculously frustrating. Only thing that really makes me bummed out about the game.
Really? Weird stuff. I've never seen anybody be that effective with it. If somebody's fighting me with it and I see them they have no chance against my shotgun, and if I don't see them they'd be better suited using another gun anyway unless they can't aim well, which brings us back to why it exists.

You can always use it if you feel like it's that much of an advantage..

edit: ^See !spaceghost knows what's up

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I dunno, I find the shotgun to be all around more horrifying than the smart pistol. It's really easy to "out run" a smart pistols lock on timer with stim or just by jumping a lot. And that thing does abysmal damage without locks.

None of that matters since you're not gonna know you're being locked onto until it's too late.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
[/QUOTE]

time played vs skill? BS.

I'm level 6 in a room full of players all over level 20. A level 50 guy on the other team just went 23 and 1? I was killed by players using guns and tactics I have yet to learn on maps I have yet to memorize, somehow this makes a level playfield? Again, BS. This is the same thing COD does, you're either a god or a clod.

Worst MM I've ever experienced.

HoodWinked

complaints about the smart pistol aren't ever going to go away its essentially the game's 'i died cause lag' its an easy out.

i mean dying instantly from a shotgun blast to the fast around the corner is far worse but no real complaints about that :3

THEaaron

Don't think there is skill based matchmaking. I'm constantly getting thrown into games with level 1-10 players while I'm at 2nd gen lvl 37. KDR of last 10 games was 8.0

I'm level 6 in a room full of players all over level 20. A level 50 guy on the other team just went 23 and 1? I was killed by players using guns and tactics I have yet to learn on maps I have yet to memorize, somehow this makes a level playfield? Again, BS. This is the same thing COD does, you're either a god or a clod.

Worst MM I've ever experienced.

It may have looked good on paper but your team just sucked or the other guy was playing a clever game and not being gung ho. I have had pretty decent match ups all the way really. Only issue I had was in campaign but in matchmaking its always been pretty even especially in the variety playlist.

Orca

Also not many players utilize electric smoke to ward off rodeo players. My cue usually is the sound it makes when they rodeo your titan and quickly I dash to a wall/close quarters and deploy electric smoke to kill them.

I use the smoke and a cluster missile aimed at the ground or nearby wall. The combo kills them almost immediately and you'll take far less damage - just dash out of the explosions as soon as the pilot dies.

Yeah, this bothered me a whole lot. I doubt theyd patch it, though.

Rodeoing off your teammate's titan is definitely the way to go, but I agree that the mode is killed with titan caps. If any mode needs a Titan-less mode, it's CTF. I wish there was private lobbies to explore such options, and hopefully Respawn experiments and gives you guys weekly playlists updates/weekend playlists giving you these kinds of modes.

Has anyone complained about CTF? I dont see many people caring about the titans, but they should, as it sounds like it holds the mode back.

How do you feel about constantly being marked when picking up a flag? I wouldn't mind a ping-like marking, but I'm not into being marked completely. I know the game moves really fast, and with Titan caps, it may make capping flags too easy.

BTM

Slowly getting better. Will probably have to hop into the variety playlist soon. Have only played hardpoint and attrition so far.

enewtabie

Love the game,but I want some melee weapons. The melee punch feels really wierd at times. How about a electrified club or sword/shield as DLC/patch?

Slowly getting better. Will probably have to hop into the variety playlist soon. Have only played hardpoint and attrition so far.

I'm really glad they included the variety hopper in this. It's great being able to get exposure to all the gametypes in one easy playlist.

Worst MM I've ever experienced.[/QUOTE]

Levels does not equal skill level. That's hidden. Level is only time played.

Ont

Fee free to add me if you are in UK/Western Europe. XBL GT: Ont9

When I get home in few hours, I will start by playing through the campaign and then probably play a lot of CTF/Attrition.

DarkJC

I will say that those with more time played have an inherent advantage still, all other things being equal. They have more unlocks for both titans and guns, so more tactical options. They also have more map knowledge just because they've been playing more. I can understand the frustration.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
More than playable. You'll hold your own just fine. When I die, it's usually due to mistakes i've made, not because the other person has a KB/M advantage.
Great way of putting it. I'm sure that advantage still certainly exists, but it hasn't frequently been relevant to my winning or losing a fight (or dying otherwise).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom