• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

If your auto-Titan gets rodeod and you have the poison smoke equipped... Is it smart enough to deploy it? I swear mine isn't... But I haven't exactly done any hard research.

Nope, it will just sit there and die. I doubt the Guardian Chip will make it use the smoke, either.

Not too happy with the network quality right now, the beta showed me how good it can get yet right now a 35ms server is not exactly that, I get good ping but everyone else running around is spiking and skipping everywhere, they also removed the auto playing killcam when you die, why?

I honestly hope server quality improves.

The killcam was removed? I know it's optional on campaign, but it's been there in classic mp for me.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Nope, it will just sit there and die. I doubt the Guardian Chip will make it use the smoke, either.

Well good god. That's silly I hope it gets worked out. At least I'm not crazy, I know I've seen mine go down a few times and it never used the smoke.

antitrop

It's not removed but it's not automatic, you have to press X to watch it which I think is a pointless reason for having it.

Only in the Campaign, killcam is still automatic during regular MP.

Well good god. That's silly I hope it gets worked out. At least I'm not crazy, I know I've seen mine go down a few times and it never used the smoke.
I don't think it's a bug, it's more of a balance thing.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
hGEr48t.gif

P29lGn2.gif

Source

Lewd

antitrop

The highlights of the Militia campaign are having the belligerent, drunken MacAllen as your Titan operator for a mission and Battle for Demeter. Everything else went completely over my head.

Not too happy with the network quality right now, the beta showed me how good it can get yet right now a 35ms server is not exactly that, I get good ping but everyone else running around is spiking and skipping everywhere, they also removed the auto playing killcam when you die, why?

I honestly hope server quality improves.
Yea,its pretty bad. I'm getting 3 bars every other game. :(

The only thing I remember "GET BARKER OUT OF HERE". I think that was one name of a mission. And Dragonland. That's it. I have no idea what else happened :D

There was a point where the screen turned white and match ended and I thought, pheeeew, glad that's all over.

But then it continued.

2San

Ok I am now pretty sure this is a glitch. I keep disconnecting when I play with my brother (he lives somewhere else). If I play alone the connection perfect. The only difference is that I am playing with my brother and using skype. This happened in the beta as well.

antitrop

At any point do we get a reason why the Militia is fighting the IMC?
In the game? Not really. Maybe. I dunno.

But this is from the official website:

The Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC)

The IMC started out small, in natural resource extraction industries, under the name Hammond Engineering. Increasing demand for Titan manufacturing materials, combined with Hammond's market-cornering planetary survey technology and map database rights, contributed to explosive growth for the company. Over the course of a century, a series of acquisitions, mergers, and re-brandings lead to the transformation of Hammond Engineering into the ruthless commercial empire that is the IMC.

With the Frontier’s valuable shipping lanes and vast planetary resources ripe for exploitation, the IMC is dedicated to maximizing profits and shareholder wealth, using the legal application of force when necessary.

The Militia

The Frontier Militia represents the military arm of the Frontier systems' territorial defense pact. The Militia is a loosely governed mishmash of homesteaders, bandits, mercenaries, and pirates, all rising up as 'citizen soldiers' when the need arises. Each brigade within the Militia is responsible for fighting in an assigned section of Frontier territory. Although some brigades are little more than vast pirate organizations, the Militia has enough resources to be a real obstacle to the IMC's ambitions on the Frontier.

The Militia often claims that direct action against the IMC is in the best interest of the homesteaders whom they allegedly represent, but not everyone on the Frontier sees it that way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm fully a bumper jumper now, it was tough to transition but now it feels natural. There's so much more you can do being able to pivot and aim in the air.

I've been using my 360 controller on PC and have been consistently among the high scorers, even went some rounds without dying. Feels good to be competitive with a controller on the PC.
Wait a minute, bumper jumper? Does this make the controls more like Mirror's Edge?? *excite intensifies*

Glad I'm not the only one with the degraded performance since beta. Back then, my i5 2500k@4.4, 7950 and 16gb ram would only once in a while drop from 60 to maybe 55. With retail, its fairly regularly dipping to 45 at times, even with the settings reduced.

The Cowboy

Wait a minute, bumper jumper? Does this make the controls more like Mirror's Edge?? *excite intensifies*
It puts the jetpack onto the left bumper so you can aim while you jump (as by default you need to stop aiming to hit A), your tactical ability goes to the A button. The great thing is they put in the option to not swap the titans left bumper around, so you can keep dash on A if you want..

Coconut

Banned
Guys the Campaign has a great story, but horrible storytelling. It took me 5 rounds to understand it. Haha

I realized that the worst part about the way the story is presented is that it's just telling you whats going on in the lobby in VO. At least have an animated talking head or something.

This game is nothing like what I was expecting, it's not fun when dieing through corners and enemies warping up to you due to stutter, sad to say that plants v zombies launched better.

Jarmel

Banned
Really? Because all it does well is kill grunts, it's rather abysmal for pilot killing.

If you ask me the main benefit of the smart pistol is that the auto locks work really well as an active alert it just points at threats on screen.

Not if you're good with it. Manual mode destroys people.

The Cowboy

Hmm I wonder, seeing as the PC gamepad doesn't have anything mapped for voice coms but does have a free button (right d-pad), can't we just use something like xpadder to map only the right d-pad button to the key that uses voice chat?.

So, in xpadder you only map 1 button for the titanfall profile? - time to try this out (it should work).

Mesoian

yep and it's on the keyboard.

How? there is no option in the game to set it. you have to push the talk button on the keyboard if you are using a controller.

Pretty sure there's a tickbox in options. That's how some kid ended up putting a loop of himself screaming at the top of his lungs into his mic while still being able to play during my game last night. Thankfully muting is pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom