• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloveSlap

I'm fully a bumper jumper now, it was tough to transition but now it feels natural. There's so much more you can do being able to pivot and aim in the air.

I've been using my 360 controller on PC and have been consistently among the high scorers, even went some rounds without dying. Feels good to be competitive with a controller on the PC.

I picked bumper jumper first since that is my Halo control type. Then I switched to default when I realized you can't aim the vortex shield while in a Titan with bumper jumper.

Now that I unlocked the Particle Wall I like it way more than Vortex so I'm going to switch back to bumper. I am making it way too hard on myself, lol.

neoism

I think im the first arabian gamer to reach Generation 2!

Qn8f7q7.jpg

just like in every COD game before lol never... will I do this.

also DAMN I really want a CTF pilot mode. :/

Coconut

Banned
Pretty sure there's a tickbox in options. That's how some kid ended up putting a loop of himself screaming at the top of his lungs into his mic while still being able to play during my game last night. Thankfully muting is pretty quick.

Can some one confirm this because earlier in the thread after looking for it I was told there is no always on option.

The Flash

Banned
Going to do a Twitch stream with izunadono and his brother in just a few minutes if anyone wants to watch. I'm going to do a quick unboxing of the LE Controller and then try to get the achievement for winning all the Militia campaign games. It might take us a while to find a mission that I haven't won already but at least you'll be able to see my beautiful face. http://www.twitch.tv/the__flash

Another problem is that some of these maps have a lot of areas with INVISIBLE WALLS in the way, you can easily reach them with wall runs or eject height yet hit an invisible barrier.

The beta maps had a lot of areas of freedom while a lot of these retail maps lock you in, i'm really hating it after having a blast with the beta.

Few hours in, had a good time, to be honest I was feeling a little bored near the end. I don't think it's the game changer Microsoft was pushing but it's a certainly a good game imo

Tokubetsu

Went into this round expecting to just goof a bit with the smart pistol:

Absolute blood bath. I out-shot every pilot that tried to test me. I felt ashamed and guilty afterwards. There was on pilot in particular I was just completely dominated. At one point, I killed him and ran into him immediately afterward. I kicked him that second time. Felt bad.

Coconut

Banned
Another problem is that some of these maps have a lot of areas with INVISIBLE WALLS in the way, you can easily reach them with wall runs or eject height yet hit an invisible barrier.

The beta maps had a lot of areas of freedom while a lot of these retail maps lock you in, i'm really hating it after having a blast with the beta.

Really? all I ever get is a count down telling me I'll die if I stay in an area that's off the proper map.

Delt31

It puts the jetpack onto the left bumper so you can aim while you jump (as by default you need to stop aiming to hit A), your tactical ability goes to the A button. The great thing is they put in the option to not swap the titans left bumper around, so you can keep dash on A if you want..

well holy s_____ I'm almost about to prestige and never tried this. Nice.

btw - has anyone never prestiged in COD but doing so here? That's me. I can't believe I'm almost there but maybe thats what happens when you have two days off. this game is addicting. I feel like you're constantly unlocking something too which is great.

old

just like in every COD game before lol never... will I do this.

also DAMN I really want a CTF pilot mode. :/

I am not "prestiging" on this game. No way am I giving up triple threat, fast reload, spitfire with slammer, and all of my other attachment unlocks for all of the other guns. Especially the Titan weapons with the Titan kill requirements. I swear for most of the Titan weapons it is huge pain to score the official kill and not get the kill stolen by some teammate holding back waiting to score the last hit. I must have gotten 1000 Titan assists to only 50 actual Titan kills because of kill stealing, even though I'm doing the bulk of the damage. It's making the unlocking of those Titan weapon attachments fucking unbearable. No way am I going through that again.

Jito

Banned

Can't say I've had this problem at all after 20 odd hours played. The maps are fantastic, the only one I'm not that sure on is Lagoon as it's far too open.

Really? all I ever get is a count down telling me I'll die if I stay in an area that's off the proper map.

Was on a map near water with a lot of huts, there is some platforms and trees in the middle I aimed towards when I ejected but was stopped dead in my tracks.

Also on the map with pine trees and a blue theme on the militha side I wall ran the left rock face to reach a ledge with some trees on, you can stand on it but there is a huge invisible wall behind you even though there's only a few trees there... why? :(

Makes me sad.

*edit* can't even connect to the servers now that I idled and was kicked off the menu to the main menu.

Tokubetsu

well holy s_____ I'm almost about to prestige and never tried this. Nice.

btw - has anyone never prestiged in COD but doing so here? That's me. I can't believe I'm almost there but maybe thats what happens when you have two days off. this game is addicting. I feel like you're constantly unlocking something too which is great.

To be fair, you level WAY faster in this compared to pretty much every CoD game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Going to do a Twitch stream with izunadono and his brother in just a few minutes if anyone wants to watch. I'm going to do a quick unboxing of the LE Controller and then try to get the achievement for winning all the Militia campaign games. It might take us a while to find a mission that I haven't won already but at least you'll be able to see my beautiful face. http://www.twitch.tv/the__flash

Could I get in that too? I beat the IMC ones but need militia. I think I lost most of them when I first played, and now I can never get a match, lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I picked bumper jumper first since that is my Halo control type. Then I switched to default when I realized you can't aim the vortex shield while in a Titan with bumper jumper.

Now that I unlocked the Particle Wall I like it way more than Vortex so I'm going to switch back to bumper. I am making it way too hard on myself, lol.
Wait, is it true that you can have it set only for pilot controls, or not?
Hmm I wonder, seeing as the PC gamepad doesn't have anything mapped for voice coms but does have a free button (right d-pad), can't we just use something like xpadder to map only the right d-pad button to the key that uses voice chat?.

So, in xpadder you only map 1 button for the titanfall profile? - time to try this out (it should work).
This would work fine.

Please, tell me honestly; is this game worth buying an Xbox One for? I've wanted a PS4 since the beginning and finally have a preorder for the inFamous bundle (inFamous 1 and 2 are 2 of my favourite ever games) But I'm thinking of temporarily cancelling and getting the Titanfall bundle. Somebody make me see sense...

Mesoian

Please, tell me honestly; is this game worth buy an Xbox One for? I've wanted a PS4 since the beginning and finally have a preorder for the inFamous bundle (inFamous 1 and 2 are 2 of my favourite ever games) But I'm thinking of temporarily cancelling and getting the Titanfall bundle. Somebody make me see sense...

Do you like Call of Duty?

Please, tell me honestly; is this game worth buying an Xbox One for? I've wanted a PS4 since the beginning and finally have a preorder for the inFamous bundle (inFamous 1 and 2 are 2 of my favourite ever games) But I'm thinking of temporarily cancelling and getting the Titanfall bundle. Somebody make me see sense...

Wait on it, I bought an xbox one for this game a month ago and well, yeah, wait it out IMO.

Animator

Do you have a PC?

antitrop

The game is absolutely incredible, but if Infamous 1/2 are some of your GOATs, then you should just get the PS4.

Struct09

Titanfall is great, but sounds like you should stick with the PS4

Xone9

Banned

definitely worth it.... and pick up battlefield 4 as well... both games compliment each other

WJD

I bought a PS4 at launch and then went and bought the Titanfall bundle yesterday.

No regrets at all so far.

B3N1

The only bad thing about bumper jumper is that it is harder to aim vortex shield, but I typically go with smoke anyway.

Heh, yeah. Thumb on A, and move index finger from trigger to right stick. I'm a pro at that now. Thought of switching it up, but then I wouldn't be able to coredash with the Styder.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The only bad thing about bumper jumper is that it is harder to aim vortex shield, but I typically go with smoke anyway.
Wait so can you configure it to chance just your pilot controls or not? :-/
Do you like Call of Duty?
The only one I ever enjoyed was World at War and I didn't like that very much. I am a Halo guy.
I don't like Call of Duty at all and loved Halo 1, 2, and Reach.

antitrop

On PC, I unbound Sprint (because Delayed Auto-Sprint) and use Shift for Melee, and F for Grenade. What other custom keys are people using?

Mesoian

Wait so can you configure it to chance just your pilot controls or not? :-/

I don't like Call of Duty at all and loved Halo 1, 2, and Reach.

But did you not like it for the setting or for the mechanics?

At the end of the day, Titanfall is CODMW2 with superior mobility and scale options. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you hate the way COD plays, Titanfall isn't so dramatically different that it's going to instantly win you over. Titanfall is the logical continuation of the COD style of gameplay.

I hate this. I can't get any kills with the damn thing
13154715265_67822b53d5_o.png

It's a shit gun.

Argonomic

But did you not like it for the setting or for the mechanics?

At the end of the day, Titanfall is CODMW2 with superior mobility and scale options. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you hate the way COD plays, Titanfall isn't so dramatically different that it's going to instantly win you over. Titanfall is the logical continuation of the COD style of gameplay.

It's a shit gun.

To be fair, Last Titan Standing is very far removed from CoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom