• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Already surpassed my beta K/D. It's early days yet so it'll probably level out pretty soon.

Gonna try CTF soon, it's the best mode right?

JackEtc

Is there a Titanfall gamer tag swapping thread?
I love the game, want to team, up, but I have zero xbox friends.

There are Google Docs right here!

I've created 2 google docs for people to share their Origin/Xbox GamerTag in:

PC/Origin: http://tinyurl.com/lkuc8hg

Xbox One: http://tinyurl.com/kw75uvv

Same as the BF4 spreadsheets, pm me for any corrections.

Edit: You have to refresh after you fill out the form to see your information show up on the spreadsheet.

Already surpassed my beta K/D. It's early days yet so it'll probably level out pretty soon.

Gonna try CTF soon, it's the best mode right?

It's my favourite mode. Things get pretty hilarious when each team has the others flag and thus everyone on the map is desperately trying to hunt each flag bearer (depending on which team your on).

I think the Variety Pack playlist needs to be tweaked just a little. In my experience. the weighting for Hardpoint Domination is way too high. It seems like it's every other game or I get it many games in a row.

aravuus

Gen 2 here we go! It's been surprisingly easy even with all the equipment and custom loadouts lost, I've had positive kdr in every match after regenerating and even gotten MVP in almost all of them. Think I'll go Gen 3 if the game will keep me interested that long.

BraXzy

I've played a fair few games but am yet to play on the two I most want to try (Outpost and Boneyard) I did however start on Lagoon, go figure!

Lima

I love the Map Hack burn card!!
b2d8c537166c6ea3ef3ea56e418cc6be.png

Dat torch mode on your TV. The fuck is wrong with your colors.

jond76

Banned
So hey! What's the coolest thing you've seen the bots doing?

I went into one of the buildings and saw a scripted 2 on 1 fight. I just sat there and watched it play out. The one guy beat the other two. It was pretty rad. Then I killed him.

I picked bumper jumper first since that is my Halo control type. Then I switched to default when I realized you can't aim the vortex shield while in a Titan with bumper jumper.

Now that I unlocked the Particle Wall I like it way more than Vortex so I'm going to switch back to bumper. I am making it way too hard on myself, lol.

Use "Bumper Jumper Pilot" best of both worlds.

statham

TIL when trying to reach the escape ship on a losing team, if you die, it doesn't show up as a death on your stats, so you have no reason not to go for it.

I played this more today a couple matches i just got spawned and Insta killed by a robot.. Shot a bot and cursed at myself then got killed by a player since i gave my position away.... still don't like it.. Then played call of duty.. because i haven't payed it In awhile and wanted to compare.. They really are tremendously similar.

If some one were to say this was a new call of duty game to a casual they would believe you. Anyways guess I'm just done with the call of duty shooters now..

Sucks.bf4 lags like ass.. No good shooters out

2San

So how do I get in game voice chat to work? I can't talk to anybody or hear anybody. It's really weird.
It's push to talk with the [Z] button.

Ok I am now pretty sure this is a glitch. I keep disconnecting when I play with my brother (he lives somewhere else). If I play alone the connection perfect. The only difference is that I am playing with my brother and using skype. This happened in the beta as well.
So anyone having the same problem? This is on PC btw.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
mega agree on all points except I haven't tried Last Titan Standing yet

I find Last Titan Standing fun because it's the most different from all the other modes, is round based with one life per pilot, and (this may be a stupid reason) it makes me feel like I'm in a mech anime or something (and I don't really like anime but it feels cool)!

Anyway, I say all that to say that you should definitely give it a try soon! Just make sure you prepare a Titan for it! =P

Lyonaz

Hemlok BF-R all day everyday! God I love this rifle.
I'm also getting used to the Stim Tactical Ability, prefer it now over the cloak.

Fun game.

biRdy

I find Last Titan Standing fun because it's the most different from all the other modes, is round based with one life per pilot, and (this may be a stupid reason) it makes me feel like I'm in a mech anime or something (and I don't really like anime but it feels cool)!

Anyway, I say all that to say that you should definitely give it a try soon! Just make sure you prepare a Titan for it! =P

Definitely my most played game mode so far. Just feels much more tactical than the others, I c reminds me of Gears of War warzone/execution matches.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I played this more today a couple matches i just got spawned and Insta killed by a robot.. Shot a bot and cursed at myself then got killed by a player since i gave my position away.... still don't like it.. Then played call of duty.. because i haven't payed it In awhile and wanted to compare.. They really are tremendously similar.

If some one were to say this was a new call of duty game to a casual they would believe you. Anyways guess I'm just done with the call of duty shooters now..

Sucks.bf4 lags like ass.. No good shooters out
If you're playing TitanFall like CoD then you're doing it wrong.

Nokterian

Ok someone i don't understand this i shoot my whole clip on someone and the other shoots a few bullets and i am dead it doesn't make any sense in the beta it just worked now it's a bit messed up this needs to be fixed.

GloveSlap

Use "Bumper Jumper Pilot" best of both worlds.

Yeah. Thanks to you and everyone else that corrected me on that, I didn't realize there was that option. Props to Respawn for that, they are smart guys.

I still think I might stick to straight bumper jumper though. I don't see myself using Vortex Shield anymore and it would be nice to be able to dash while aiming.

Boogdud

This game has by far the worst hip shots of any fps I've played ever. If you are using anything other than the smg or the shotty just forget it. You can empty an entire magazine with the reticle right on your target from 5 feet away and hit him once or twice. It's unreal. It's like your eyes go crossed. It's irritating as hell.

Just had to get that out.

Also, I don't care if I get hate for this. The dropkick is the jankiest shit since jank went to janktown.

Having got this today, I am absolutely loving it. 9 hours, level 34. Even better at Last Titan Standing in retail than in the beta, but goddamn, why can I not win Attrition?!

40 games played, top 3 in 37 of them, can't remember how many MVPs (worse than in the beta, as in win ratio). It's got to be my team, right?

antitrop

This game has by far the worst hip shots of any fps I've played ever. If you are using anything other than the smg or the shotty just forget it. You can empty an entire magazine with the reticle right on your target from 5 feet away and hit him once or twice. It's unreal. It's like your eyes go crossed. It's irritating as hell.

Also, I don't care if I get hate for this. The dropkick is the jankiest shit since jank went to janktown.

CAR SMG + Counterweight?

Boogdud

CAR SMG + Counterweight?

I know, I said the smg and shotty are the only thing you can hipshot with. Somehow, when you hipshot the carbine it apparently simulates you spinning in a circle just spraying the walls. It's seriously bizarre.

40 games played, top 3 in 37 of them, can't remember how many MVPs (worse than in the beta, as in win ratio). It's got to be my team, right?

It sure does help. I'm typically top 3 in about 85% of the matches but when I'm in with a bad team it's just horrible. I got out of a match with a bunch of guys that (after losing 3 matches in a row) admitted they were stoned out of their minds. Promptly left that lobby and went on to do my average. I was going like 1:1 or worse in those matches.

def sim

Yeah, I've had several moments where I was chasing a pilot while hip firing with the LMG only for him to turn around and take me out. It's a total bummer why that wouldn't work.

Delt31

sorry but thats not true. My LMG hip fire is all day gravy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom