• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hit detection seems bullshit, I can get several confirm indicators on my target, but then the killcam footage comes and doesn't show majority of those hits on my target in the fight.

Beant

Does anyone else think something is up with the hit detection/net code? I haven't played an online fps in a while that besides CS(which I know is king in this realm), but I find myself getting more frustrated than usual. Maybe I just suck.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If some one were to say this was a new call of duty game to a casual they would believe you
No

just wanna repost for the new page, let me know if there's a better place to stash this
---

Enabling Push-to-Talk with a Gamepad on PC

Download Here (File->Download)

All this is is a legacy (free as in beer) version of Xpadder, a profile for the 360 pad (should work with anything with a standard D-pad though), and a profile for Titanfall that maps Z (push-to-talk) to D-Pad Right.

1. Unzip to wherever you like.
2. Right click on Xpadder.exe and go to Compatibility tab. Set Compatibility mode to Windows XP.
3. Open either Xpadder.exe (should default to the right profile) or titanfall.xpadderprofile
4. Play

Just make sure you have it open any time you wanna be using voice chat with your pad and turn it off (or just create a new blank profile) for playing other games.

The salt people have for thia game is unreal. Popped into the sales thread and it's "game for casuals" city. I dunno, maybe it just happens to be the most fun FPS since MW1/2 is a bigger reason.

Lyonaz

really? i can't get into it - any tips? What do you use on it? scope, etc.

I just used the factory issue one with a supressor, the weapon is best at mid-range and long-range. Because it's a 3-burst shot it's pretty accurate and usually kills people in 1 - 2 bursts. I'm playing on PC so KB/M helps with the accuracy also.
When I use full auto weapons I tend to spray and get sloppy, so the Hemlok is a pretty good fit for me.
At close range I just melee or double jump arc grenade. Stim helps me to get away quickly and heal, so I can shoot at mid-range again. I did unlock some scopes, need to try them out.

TheOddOne

The salt people have for thia game is unreal. Popped into the sales thread and it's "game for casuals" city. I dunno, maybe it just happens to be the most fun FPS since MW1/2 is a bigger reason.
The obnoxious “they hyped it to hell” creed is what is the worst. Makes me cringe.

Boogdud

The hit detection seems bullshit, I can get several confirm indicators on my target, but then the killcam footage comes and doesn't show majority of those hits on my target in the fight.

Same, it happens all the time. It's like the kill cam is some alternate reality sometimes.

Delt31

No

just wanna repost for the new page, let me know if there's a better place to stash this
---

Enabling Push-to-Talk with a Gamepad on PC

Download Here (File->Download)

All this is is a legacy (free as in beer) version of Xpadder, a profile for the 360 pad (should work with anything with a standard D-pad though), and a profile for Titanfall that maps Z (push-to-talk) to D-Pad Right.

1. Unzip to wherever you like.
2. Right click on Xpadder.exe and go to Compatibility tab. Set Compatibility mode to Windows XP.
3. Open either Xpadder.exe (should default to the right profile) or titanfall.xpadderprofile
4. Play

Just make sure you have it open any time you wanna be using voice chat with your pad and turn it off (or just create a new blank profile) for playing other games.

thanks much appreciated

BraXzy

I wish there was a map vote system, I still haven't played a number of maps, some only once. Ahh well, it's a good job they're all good!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
This game has by far the worst hip shots of any fps I've played ever. If you are using anything other than the smg or the shotty just forget it. You can empty an entire magazine with the reticle right on your target from 5 feet away and hit him once or twice. It's unreal. It's like your eyes go crossed. It's irritating as hell.

Just had to get that out.

Also, I don't care if I get hate for this. The dropkick is the jankiest shit since jank went to janktown.

The dropkick really is janky. One time I spammed it about 3-4 times on someone standing still and I didn't hit him.

Delt31

I just used the factory issue one with a supressor, the weapon is best at mid-range and long-range. Because it's a 3-burst shot it's pretty accurate and usually kills people in 1 - 2 bursts. I'm playing on PC so KB/M helps with the accuracy also.
When I use full auto weapons I tend to spray and get sloppy, so the Hemlok is a pretty good fit for me.
At close range I just melee or double jump arc grenade. Stim helps me to get away quickly and heal, so I can shoot at mid-range again. I did unlock some scopes, need to try them out.

GREAT call with the silencer on the hemlock rifle. Totally makes the gun usable. Damn - never had a FPS with so many good guns. Forget the snipers everything else (with the exception of that single shot rifle) is great and works well in its own well. very well balanced.

I overheard someone in the kitchen at work today talking about Titanfall. They're not a gamer, but they were talking about how they've seen videos of it and it looks rad and stuff. Pretty weird to hear that kind of stuff in public, there aren't a huge number of people who talk about games around these parts.

Jaeger

0W361gui.png

Me right now. Love the C.A.R.. It is effective.

Strider

I wish there was a map vote system, I still haven't played a number of maps, some only once. Ahh well, it's a good job they're all good!

I feel your pain but I'm kinda glad there isn't a map vote system. Usually there's 2-3 maps that ALWAYS get voted in games that do have map voting system after the game is out a little bit and everyone has tried them all.

def sim

I overheard someone in the kitchen at work today talking about Titanfall. They're not a gamer, but they were talking about how they've seen videos of it and it looks rad and stuff. Pretty weird to hear that kind of stuff in public, there aren't a huge number of people who talk about games around these parts.

Impossible! The game didn't even sell 1 billion in its first day. ;)

HelloMeow

GREAT call with the silencer on the hemlock rifle. Totally makes the gun usable. Damn - never had a FPS with so many good guns. Forget the snipers everything else (with the exception of that single shot rifle) is great and works well in its own well. very well balanced.

Yeah, the G2A4 suffers because it has too many drawbacks.

The match trigger would make it usable, if it wouldn't remove 6 rounds from the mag. 14 rounds is a bit on the low side already, but with the match trigger it's 8!?

I think it should have at least 20 bullets, no matter what. Maybe then I'll use it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
These customers who wind up buying the game will have their minds blown apart.

This game has by far the worst hip shots of any fps I've played ever. If you are using anything other than the smg or the shotty just forget it. You can empty an entire magazine with the reticle right on your target from 5 feet away and hit him once or twice. It's unreal. It's like your eyes go crossed. It's irritating as hell.

Just had to get that out.

Also, I don't care if I get hate for this. The dropkick is the jankiest shit since jank went to janktown.
I hip fire from my smart pistol just fine. Takes three or four shots to drop a target. And I love the drop kick lol

Man, how is everyone so good at this? I got out of a match where I ended up 0-10.
pistol takes too long to lock to pilots. Suppressor is cool, but males it even weaker than it already was. What's that one weapon with the auto fire? If I can empty a clip into someone, they might fall. Lol at any sniper weapons. I hate the weapons that fire so slowly because they never hot. I don't know how anyone can use those manually detonating bombs. Way too much going on.

Does anyone else think something is up with the hit detection/net code? I haven't played an online fps in a while that besides CS(which I know is king in this realm), but I find myself getting more frustrated than usual. Maybe I just suck.

The more I play the more questionable it seems. Sometimes it's just certain players in a match that seem to have an edge.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man, how is everyone so good at this? I got out of a match where I ended up 0-10.
pistol takes too long to lock to pilots. Suppressor is cool, but males it even weaker than it already was. What's that one weapon with the auto fire? If I can empty a clip into someone, they might fall. Lol at any sniper weapons. I hate the weapons that fire so slowly because they never hot. I don't know how anyone can use those manually detonating bombs. Way too much going on.
Are you using the smart pistol because you consider yourself to have poor aim?

Hip Hop

Just realized that the Generation 2 Requirements are not that hard.

You only need

200 AI kills with the shotgun
75 pilot kills with the shotgun
200 AI kills with the 40mm Titan
50 Titan Kills with the 40mm Titan

Fairly easy if you plan it out.

I'm level 17 Gen 2 and I'm almost done with the shotgun requirements. Will be playing Attrition and Last Titan Standing for the 40mm requirements.

The Flash

Banned
Had some amazing matches with malfcn, Papercuts, and Kyzon. Thanks to you guys I never have to play the campaign again. This one goes out to PeePeeBandit, DrDong, BagPipeBaker, BagPipeLeaker, BagPipeSniffer, RescuedMexican, AlphaTurd, and all the other people we encountered on our 17 victory rampage.

Vinc

I know it's a subject that's been discussed to death, but I really wish there was a campaign in this. Not because it's $60 or because I don't like MP games, but simply because the mechanics are so good that simply imagining them in a strong single player campaign makes me really wish they had the budget and time for it. I hope the sequel has one... imagining levels 5-10x as big as Halo 3's with a similar structure and large scale battles gets me all excited.

BraXzy

Wow that's weird. I felt like I'd been playing for hours (in a good way) but only clocked in just over 3. Managed to get to level 27 at least!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah. At least with the smart pistol, I can manage about 2 or 3 pilot kills a round as opposed to 0 or 1 with a weapon that requires precise aiming.
Smart pistol plus stim though, and I might stand a chance.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZSTvx5XXMBM

I think that was also a match where after hacking a turret, my guy couldn't move.
You may want to give the shotgun a try, and consider cloak to close distances.

Nokterian

Man the netcode is hit or miss. I am in EU West low latency around 25ms but shooting them a full clip and they shoot me with less bullets is ridiculous and not fair this really needs to be fixed and i hope someone from respawn is reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom