• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to give the shotgun a try, and consider cloak to close distances.
And which one is the shotgun. That's my second custom pilot because I wanted to try stim and something else. On my other guy, I think I'm using the one with a triangle cursor that fires kind of fast. The burn card weapons are much better obviously.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Stim is amazing, but I like active radar pulse too. Cloak doesn't do it for me at all, unless it's the forever cloak burn card + stim.

Delt31

I switched to the shotgun from the default rifle and wow, it's a beast.

Is stim the speed boost? If so, I love that thing.

yes stim is boast.

For those that like cloak - hate to say it but it's soooo easy to detect someone in cloak. it actually stands out more b/c it's blurry.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
And which one is the shotgun. That's my second custom pilot because I wanted to try stim and something else. On my other guy, I think I'm using the one with a triangle cursor that fires kind of fast. The burn card weapons are much better obviously.

The EVA-8... you won't mistake it for any other gun. CQB loadout..

Camp Lo

Banned
yes stim is boast.

For those that like cloak - hate to say it but it's soooo easy to detect someone in cloak. it actually stands out more b/c it's blurry.

Yeah, I choose stim because most people can't aim for shit so you're darting around with shotgun in hand, you're gonna kill them 70% of the time

yes stim is boast.

Cloak is not really meant to work on people, its for the titans. Its really handy when you need to get past a bunch of titans. Helps out a lot. Stims is great, but cloak definitely has its advantages. Also, at longer ranges its harder for a player to spot you when cloaked.

E92 M3

Guys - I need help! I play this game and the hours just melt away -- I keep saying "one more game". It's been so long since a game fulfilled me so greatly. Titanfall is everything I expected and more. My kid dreams of being a ninja with guns and playing out some crazy anime fantasies has finally come true lol. That kid at heart is very happy with this game!

Anyone else feel the same giddiness?

I feel naked without Cloak for some reason.. I need to gice Stim a proper run through.

I feel the same way, cloak is my safe haven and key to many of my strategies.

def sim

Stim is great, definitely. I've been using my active radar pulse build to hunt down smart pistol duders hiding in corners, as of late. It's a fun little "side quest" as I play and listen to podcasts.

HelloMeow

yes stim is boast.

Yes, they are easy to spot when they appear right in the middle of your screen, but you won't spot the guys moving quickly along the buildings and other obstacles as easily. It doesn't make you hard to spot, but it makes you easy to overlook.

It's easier to sneak up to people and move from place to place with cloak.

E92 M3

I only have two complaints with this game:

1) Customization is very sparse. I would like to see custom emblems and maybe certain colors for the Titans to stand out. Not too much but enough to show a personal touch.

2.) Lifetime challenges that don't get reset with new generations. It's kinda sad to have them reset after each generation.

Basically, I have two very easy to address complaints. Hopefully they work on this game for a long time. Though I am worried if they want to start a sequel and their team is small meaning support will dry up. I would like to see Team Fortress 2 level of support, but I know that won't happen. So at least something on par with the treatment Halo games get.

malfcn

Had some amazing matches with malfcn, Papercuts, and Kyzon. Thanks to you guys I never have to play the campaign again. This one goes out to PeePeeBandit, DrDong, BagPipeBaker, BagPipeLeaker, BagPipeSniffer, RescuedMexican, AlphaTurd, and all the other people we encountered on our 17 victory rampage.

17 was a nice streak. :)
Also, done with Frequent Flyer?

E92 M3

Taking down titans in human form is such a satisfying feeling.

It's one of my favorite things to do. I noticed many don't attempt it, but I make it my mission to take down Titans. Unfortunately, they don't count towards the k/d, but that's not too bad.

Also, punching pilots in a Titan is one of the best things ever. Especially in a Ogre.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cloak makes you almost invisible to Titans. Anyone discounting its potency should definitely know this! It's not that useful in a one on one scenario with humans but can be helpful in chaotic pilot fights, though it can even make you stand out MORE to people who are watching for you if you're not careful. But good to close distance across the open battlefield where thar be Titans to get to corridors where you are most deadly indeed with a shotty.

malfcn

Checked the achievements images and the huge Titan standing in the blue night isn't one (loading screen). Wish that was available 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom