• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyLarry

I am sure it has been answered (probably numerous times) but I am not even going to attempt to go through 216 pages and what's the harm at the end of the day if something is answered twice any ways...

How the hell do you force it to switch sides on the campaign?
I have already done the IMC campaign, go the titan for doing so, so why is it everytime I try to Continue the campaign, it does not put me on the militia side?

LNBL

Yeah whipping couple arc nades to drop shields than unload a mag onto them just feels so badass

Or seeing a weak titan and rodeo finish it

Weak titan? I just rush into any titan to rodea lately, some people actually stay inside their titan and let me reload 3 times.

Danny 117

Thank god I got frequent flyer and the two "win all missions" achievements out of the way! Now I can play the classic playlists :D!

LOVING the game so far. Movement is fluid, framerate can be low at times but is buttery smooth for the most part. Titan combat feels amazing in a Stryder, especially when you're in a 2v1 battle.

I'm just having a really good time, which I haven't been able to say in a while.

Danny 117

I know you can select the campaign missions once you finish but can you tell which ones you lost?

Not that I could tell. I just kept doing quick matches and playing the campaign instead of the classic playlists. Eventually I won on every map and the achievement popped.

You can check how many you have left by viewing the achievement on the dashboard, it will give you a percentage that you have won :)

Jarmel

Banned
igshGcOO3O3HE.png

giphy.gif

Uff duh

Banned
Gaffer GlenChivas and myself are looking for some more Gaffers to join us on PC. If anybody is interested hit me up on Origin Uff-Duh.

The game clicked me with me and it's SOOOO GOOOD!

I was really apprehensive about this game beforehand. Really I was. I was always downplaying it, saying the game had engineered hype, was COD with mechs etc. Now that I own it and played it for about 4 hours, I can say I love it. The maps are pretty much amazing and the gameplay is sooo smooth. I love when you run into an enemy and it becomes a jump fest of move here, run here jump etc. It is NOT cod.

Izuna

Banned
I have work for a few hours at 1PM tomorrow. I wonder if I should play Titanfall all night or not... Next week is my study week so I won't get the same chance. Hmm, gunna need some gaming fuel. Soy milk it is!

EDIT: Nah, I'm done. Can't do this race to 10th Prestige anymore. I kinda hate some of the challenges too.

E92 M3

Killing them All is going to be a tough one.

I got that during launch day with the Stryder on Colony. I don't check achievements so it was a surprise. I think playing naturally always grants more achievements than trying to go for them :). I think with enough playtime everyone will eventually get them.

Kyzon

Had some amazing matches with malfcn, Papercuts, and Kyzon. Thanks to you guys I never have to play the campaign again. This one goes out to PeePeeBandit, DrDong, BagPipeBaker, BagPipeLeaker, BagPipeSniffer, RescuedMexican, AlphaTurd, and all the other people we encountered on our 17 victory rampage.

Such fun! I found out I could juggle titans my own titan as well lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm so sick of these ridiculous lag spikes where my ping shoots up to like 400. And then sometimes my game just shuts down. Is anyone else getting this?

Echo Six

Neo Member
Anyone else on Beta Aus having problems getting into Last Titan Standing? Matchmaking is fine for the others but I can't get any games at all in LTS.

Abelian75

Neo Member
I really like the music in this game. There's a part in the Militia Theme that reminds me a lot of the music Firefly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMRwM10woXI#t=134

Love it.

Yeah, the music is quite good, agreed, and I definitely caught the firefly inspiration.

I won't lie, though, I really wish I could mod it to loop the beginning of the pacific rim theme when you call down your titan, with the main part kicking in when you hop in. That would be perfection.

Grisby

Was firing under a friendly Titan and I just had to stop and watch it's giant shells falling over my face.

The scale is great. All the little details are cool too, like when you capture a node and the robots come out to extinguish any fire.

So I just picked this up for PC today. A couple years ago I was burnt out on CoD-type shooters, but I think it's fair to say that this has roped me back in. Even if I suck right now. xD

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt many of you remember my indignant whinefest about ORIGIN a few months ago...
BUT THIS PIECE OF SHIT LOGGED ME OUT AGAIN. Fuck that and fuck videogames.

Jarmel

Banned
Aw yiss. You Gen 6 now?
Yep.
Hahaha, nice job...not looking forward to that at all. What did you use? Arc cannon?
Used Chaingun with extended mag. You could probably do it with the Arc Cannon, I got one with it after the 50 kills for lolz.
What's your strategy to kill them on ejection. Of all things in this game - this is one aspect I can't seem to master =/
Dang, Jarmel. You have any hot tips other than being boss at shooting tiny things in the sky?
Don't shoot them after they're doomed. Let them have time to eject even if you take a few hits. They sometimes eject right before they explode so you have to keep an eye out. Also some distance helps.

If they're cloaked, sometimes you have to wait till they use their thrusters.

If you plan to rodeo them, my suggestion would be to use the echo location stuff to find them if they're cloaked and to use the smart pistol or shotgun.

The main thing though is having a good team. Shit is highly frustrating if your team is bad. I was running with another Gen 5 and it made things so much easier.

Sanjuro

Playing Titanfall drunk is like bowling.

I had three games in a row without deaths, finishing in the top two spots.

Then started to finish in the middle somewhere.

Then...bahhhh

Sorry, Eric WK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom