• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudoboi

The game is fun, but I've had a lot of problems with this game on PC. First, there was a missing sound file that even the repair install couldn't fix. i had to re-download the entire 50GB and after that the o2 map was missing which i made my post here.

The repair installer fixed it, only to make Boneyard go missing instead. The repair install seems to delete all the sound data and unpack it again so it takes 2+ hours to do a repair install.

should also note that my game cannot connect to origin servers half of the time and just kicks me out of lobbies

I had more problems with this game than Battlefield 4

Zeliard

Recently unlocked the CAR SMG. Not sure I really dig it, since it's gimped at any real range. For my money the Carbine is still the boss pilot weapon.

Hip Hop

Recently unlocked the CAR SMG. Not sure I really dig it, since it's gimped at any real range. For my money the Carbine is still the boss pilot weapon.

Wait until you unlock the Hip-Fire attachment for it.

That's when it really becomes handy.

It's crazy after that.

Zeliard

Curious. What attachments, if any, do you use for it?

Nothing yet, but my issue with it is basically inherent to the SMGs in this game, which is that they have limited range. I like to play on rooftops and generally at a distance a lot, and I find that the Carbine can also be solid at closer ranges since TTK is already so low in this game anyway.

I'll keep playing around with the C.A.R. though and see if it grows on me.

Also looking at messing around with the G2A4 a bit more.

TrueGrime

Nothing yet, but my issue with it is basically inherent to the SMGs in this game, which is that they have limited range. I like to play on rooftops and generally at a distance a lot, and I find that the Carbine can also be solid at closer ranges since TTK is already so low in this game anyway.

I'll keep playing around with the C.A.R. though and see if it grows on me.

Also looking at messing around with the G2A4 a bit more.

The G2A4 is great if you're looking for some extra punch in your range game. I tried it out for a few matches but I just can't get used to tapping the trigger if I get into close quarters fighting. I love the Carbine though. My weakness is that it has to have a silencer on it. I got real tired of firing, killing someone, showing up on radar immediately, and then getting shot before I could react. Unfortunately, if you put a silencer on that gun you better be the one shooting first and your aim better be good.

Navy Bean

CTF is the most frustrating mode when you have a team of fucking retards.
Agree, but it is a ton of fun. I basically spend all my time trying to capture. K/D be damned. You really have to plan your escape route in advance. Plus, it never hurts to have a getaway car in the form of a Titan waiting for you...

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Just got to Gen 2. I'll work on leveling that up tomorrow. This is literally the first game I've done this with - I think a major part of it is how easy it is to level and that you keep some essential stuff (burn cards, chassis) along with an XP boost. In CoD it seemed such a pain to prestige because losing everything mattered as far as doing well; whereas with TitanFall I can still do well even with the standard, non-custom classes.

With that said, I feel like custom classes should stay unlocked when regeneration occurs.

The Flash

Banned
CTF is the most frustrating mode when you have a team of fucking retards.

Why did Respawn make an achievement where you have to win 50 CTF games? Seriously, why? CTF stresses me out more than any other shooter game type. Just finished my worst game in terms of stats because of CTF. Why Respawn?!? Why have you done this to me?!?

Zeliard

The G2A4 is great if you're looking for some extra punch in your range game. I tried it out for a few matches but I just can't get used to tapping the trigger if I get into close quarters fighting. I love the Carbine though. My weakness is that it has to have a silencer on it. I got real tired of firing, killing someone, showing up on radar immediately, and then getting shot before I could react. Unfortunately, if you put a silencer on that gun you better be the one shooting first and your aim better be good.

I use the silencer on my Carbine. I feel the advantage of being invisible on the mini-map greatly outweighs the relatively trivial damage cost.

Agree, but it is a ton of fun. I basically spend all my time trying to capture. K/D be damned. You really have to plan your escape route in advance. Plus, it never hurts to have a getaway car in the form of a Titan waiting for you...

I have been taking the defense position as no one else seems to give a shit and they just think it's Attrition. But yes if I am going to try cap the flag I will normally try time it so as I jump out of the building I can call my Titan down in front of me and hop in. Pretty much like an extra death with the flag.

Also fuck people camping the flag waiting to detonate satchels.

Milennia

Just got to Gen 2. I'll work on leveling that up tomorrow. This is literally the first game I've done this with - I think a major part of it is how easy it is to level and that you keep some essential stuff (burn cards, chassis) along with an XP boost. In CoD it seemed such a pain to prestige because losing everything mattered as far as doing well; whereas with TitanFall I can still do well even with the standard, non-custom classes.

With that said, I feel like custom classes should stay unlocked when regeneration occurs.

I liked how MW3 did it tbh... The only redeeming factor of that game for me.
You earn unlock points upon prestiging, allowing you to unlock something.. Anything, be it a perk or weapon etc.

I only ever needed to actually use it once... Which was for the supersoaker.

I see the classic MP strategy of "join team that's losing, promptly leave" is alive and well. It's never fun to be slaughtered because you're outnumbered. :(

And the jump kick is frustratingly hit or miss :/

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I've unlocked both Counterweight and Run-n-Gun. Should make for a nice combo with CAR SMG + Stim.

That's exactly what I'm running right now, I'm thinking about ditching run-n-gun for something else because counter weight on its own with the CAR is insane.

I never need to use the iron sights. It turns the gun into an unreal tournament gun.

Kyne

had some really good matches with Viscera/Palmer/sanjuro and a couple of other GAF'ers. Definitely makes things like CTF more bearable. Strats like piggy backing on Titans and getting each others backs in real-time become viable with mics.

Milennia

Just got my "No Life" comment after Generation 2.

Yay!

Was wondering what took so long.

need more of those.

I get gen 2s in every game now, when people see me however...
One comment was "this sumbitch over there is gen 4".

And my all time favorite when i play with my friend who is gen 6 now... "These fucks dont sleep"

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Was probably me. I did it to 3 people last game. Lol.

Best trick I learned from this thread was, save your titan drop for when you're rodeoing some one. If they get out to kill you then jump off call the titan on their titan. Even if they choose to get in the start up sequence takes just long enough that they'll get pancaked.

EZ PZ

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Best trick I learned from this thread was, save your titan drop for when you're rodeoing some one. If they get out to kill you then jump off call the titan on their titan. Even if they choose to get in the start up sequence takes just long enough that they'll get pancaked.

EZ PZ

Yeah I did that in beta and posted a video. Same thing with electric smoke. They stand in the smoke making an easy target. I just nuked an ogre like that.

this game really is a lot of fun. Except last titan standing. that's not much fun.

My titan is pretty much just a suicide bomber at this point. I pick the strider and get close, pop electric smoke on them, use my missles, and punch until i eject and go nuclear.

I enjoy being a pilot more anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom