• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Wow Last Titan Standing took my KD from 3.5 to 2.0 very quickly... I'm guessing Titan Kills don't count but the deaths do?

Obscured

Yeah I did that in beta and posted a video. Same thing with electric smoke. They stand in the smoke making an easy target. I just nuked an ogre like that.

Brilliant, I'll be trying that out next time I jump on. (And will also be more aware when popping smoke, though I am typically doing it indoors.)

Milennia

I am going to hate Satchel Charges...

Once you get going its kinda fun.
Just play hardpoint and toss them into objectives or plant them on objectives, the explosion is huge and pretty forgiving.

Only 2 satchels per spawn without a burn card and the only refill being a titan is what took me a little bit.

And yeah, pilot kills and deaths count, titan kills don't :/ its best not to kill or die if you care about K/D in that mode, just leave it at a 0.0.

Oscar

If any Xbox One bros are looking for teammates, feel free to add me at OscarTheMonster. I'll be playing a ton this weekend.

Just got my "No Life" comment after Generation 2.

Yay!

Was wondering what took so long.

need more of those.

I got my first no life comment before G2. In all fairness the guy complimented me after the game and I responded with "2 pr0 4 U" just to mess with the guy. It was a dick move, but I couldn't help myself

Izuna

Banned
Just play hardpoint and toss them into objectives or plant them on objectives, the explosion is huge and pretty forgiving.

Only 2 satchels per spawn without a burn card and the only refill being a titan is what took me a little bit.

And yeah, pilot kills and deaths count, titan kills don't :/ its best not to kill or die if you care about K/D in that mode, just leave it at a 0.0.

I don't care about the KD anymore haha, either way in Hardpoint it lowers it also.

Best game thus far:

ahyeah7rs0h.png

Izuna

Banned
i pretty much only play hard point and maintain my k/d relatively.
probably why I'm ok with some of the ordnance challgenes etc. because I'm used to it anyway.

I am 39 Kills with the Railgun, once done the SMG will come on its own. I'll proceed to Hardpoint and see how long it takes me to get the Satchel Charges one. Hopefully I can get about 3-5 a game. What's the requirements for Gen 5?

Milennia

I am 39 Kills with the Railgun, once done the SMG will come on its own. I'll proceed to Hardpoint and see how long it takes me to get the Satchel Charges one. Hopefully I can get about 3-5 a game. What's the requirements for Gen 5?
5TH Generation Requirements
Complete the following Challenges:

Longbow-DMR Sniper: If It Moves…
Longbow-DMR Sniper: Top Gun
Quad Rocket: If It Moves…
Quad Rocket: Titan Killer
Charge Rifle: Critically Conditioned
RE-45 Autopistol: If It Moves…

dat charge rifle.
I'm just playing last titan standing and getting out of my titan at the start.

I love this though it really is quite cheap. Take a point, drop charges, run to next point, blow up charges when someone tries to take previous point.

DarkFlow

Banned
yes stim is boast.

For those that like cloak - hate to say it but it's soooo easy to detect someone in cloak. it actually stands out more b/c it's blurry.
I don't care if pilots can see me, I use it to rodeo titans with ease. I cloak, jump on and let loose my LMG with slammer and adios titan.

Izuna

Banned
5TH Generation Requirements
Complete the following Challenges:

Longbow-DMR Sniper: If It Moves…
Longbow-DMR Sniper: Top Gun
Quad Rocket: If It Moves…
Quad Rocket: Titan Killer
Charge Rifle: Critically Conditioned
RE-45 Autopistol: If It Moves…

dat chrage rifle.
I'm just playing last titan standing and getting out of my titan at the start.

Oh my days.
75 Pilot Kills with a Sniper? Sure, sounds fun.
75 with a Pistol? Also sounds fun.
What exactly is the Charge Rifle requirement though?

I have finished with the Plasma Rifle, I want to finish with the Satchel before I start work at 1PM.

Milennia

Oh my days.
75 Pilot Kills with a Sniper? Sure, sounds fun.
75 with a Pistol? Also sounds fun.
What exactly is the Charge Rifle requirement though?

I have finished with the Plasma Rifle, I want to finish with the Satchel before I start work at 1PM.

you know that red weak spot on a titans back or head after you drop their shields? you have to hit that 30 times with a charge rifle.
there are other variations of it at later generations as well.

Izuna

Banned
you know that red weak spot on a titans back or head after you drop their shields? you have to hit that 30 times with a charge rifle.
there are other variations of it at later generations as well.

Ah damnit. I think I will be on Gen 4 for a long time. To be honest I should be happy there, it just feels bad to be LV50 and unable to proceed though. Thanks.

Zeliard

I don't think I'm gonna mess with the Gen thing. I don't want to lose my unlocks, don't care at all about some icon next to my name, and there are a couple of very late unlocks which seem potentially neat to play with (like the stealth kit and guardian chip).

je_ssi e

Am I the only person not planning on regenning? Once I hit 50 I will relax and just try out different builds.
Nah.
I don't have the time to invest in these multiplayer games like I used to and there's just too many other games to play. I'm going to be mighty comfy at 50.

Milennia

I just like prestiging because i love the game and play a ton.
i want to experience everything the game has to offer, my reward at the end is ill have every unlock and know how to use them in various, stupid ways=p

just some extra activities for me to do.
using weapons i wouldn't normally use etc. to complete a challenge, forcing me to play differently.

Izuna

Banned
I just like prestiging because i love the game and play a ton.
i want to experience everything the game has to offer, my reward at the end is ill have every unlock and know how to use them in various, stupid ways=p

just some extra activities for me to do.
using weapons i wouldn't normally use etc. to complete a challenge, forcing me to play differently.

Haha Satchel Charges in Hardpoint are amazing! Got like 7 kills in one game.

Pretty much, Gen 2 had really nice challenges IMO. Gen 3 isn't so bad now that the Satchel works well. Stuff like hitting Critical Points or 50! Evacuating Pilots sound like a drag, but they "can" be gotten while trying to win. They're not like 200 Spector kills or anything.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can the large bird creatures that pick up bots be killed?
I shot one last night and it seemed to get hits but didn't go down.

Takes a lot of firepower. Usually 3-4 Titans firing constantly at it brings it down. Cluster Missile is also extremely effective against it.

Ok found a Stryder loadout that I am quite enjoying and that I can actually achieve some kills with.

40mm cannon
electric smoke
rocket salvo
nuclear ejection
auto eject.

Basically unload my rockets on them, charge in and electric smoke and melee, unload my 40mm gun into them through the smoke and when they come into sight just melee them back into the electric smoke. If they go the other way I just dash after and try get a few melee shots off.

Shit is fun.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I love this game so much. I really wish they'd improve the Game DVR on Xbox One, for the love of god record the last 20 minutes automatically, and double or triple the bitrate!

http://1drv.ms/Of7eyA

Still, getting some parkour revenge on that archer rocket bridge squad at the end of that clip felt sooooo good.

Finally tried out CTF. To those people saying Titans shouldn't be allowed to carry flags... I think you're wrong. You still have to get out to actually cap the thing.

http://1drv.ms/1glOx29

The active pulse ability is amazing for storming flags in CTF. Seeing 3 pilots killbox setup through the wall before storming a window and dropping them like you're in the matrix is something else. Wish I had gotten some clips.

I should set up Shadow Play or whatever for the PC version. Sadly the best bit would have been where I got completely owned. But I wasn't even mad. It was on Corporate, was chasing a guy from B out into the middle of the complex, through the big wide door that leads into the huge circular hallway, anyway, I stupidly took a shot I knew I couldn't make on the guy I was chasing. I was only a few steps behind him, I should have waited for the clean shot. Anyway, as soon as he got around the corner he did a 180 jump onto the wall, ran over the length of the doorway and dropped down on the other side while I rounded the corner looking stupidly at a big empty hallway. Like I said, not even mad. Got outplayed bigtime, and got to see a sick killcam.

Izuna

Banned
Ok found a Stryder loadout that I am quite enjoying and that I can actually achieve some kills with.

40mm cannon
electric smoke
rocket salvo
nuclear ejection
auto eject.

Basically unload my rockets on them, charge in and electric smoke and melee, unload my 40mm gun into them through the smoke and when they come into sight just melee them back into the electric smoke. If they go the other way I just dash after and try get a few melee shots off.

Shit is fun.

Nuclear Ejection and Auto Eject together is pointless imho...

Milennia

Dude, Satchel Charges made me hold a single hardpoint and do 15 kills 0 deaths. Now that's what I call a good weapon.

lol yep.
one of the easiest challenges.
the plasma railgun was a fucking mess for me.
people were walking in front of me and everything.
took forever.

tauke

Went for 2nd Regen since I maxed out level 50 and feel wasted seeing all the XP points I earned all maxed out.

Terrible game today since nearly every match is a loss (and weird how my team is like trolling so bad in Hardpoint where we lead by 200 points and suddenly just stall to lose instantly since no one bother to capture any point).

Now I'm getting used to the Smart Pistol to let me know when there is enemy around... feel like I know why I keep getting kill by other Smart Pistol player who use it to let their teammate knows of my position and they blast me while I juggle between them lol.

Jarmel

Banned
What the fuck!

I just lost like two and a hours of work. The game just reset like half of my challenges. What the hell Respawn.

I'm getting sick and tired of losing data to your servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom