• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

What the fuck!

I just lost like two and a hours of work. The game just reset like half of my challenges. What the hell Respawn.

I'm getting sick and tired of losing data to your servers.

I lost like the last two campaign missions of IMC and a level up. I've heard about people losing everything and I'm afraid to try again.

Covfan

Anyone else having connection issues on the PC? I've just bought the game and it loads up but says "Origin is offline" and the Play button is greyed out so I can't do anything.

Anyone else having connection issues on the PC? I've just bought the game and it loads up but says "Origin is offline" and the Play button is greyed out so I can't do anything.

Have you shut Origin down and tried again? I had a strange login issue on Thursday saying I couldn't login so I closed down and it worked when I started Origin back up.

Vinc

So the Xbox One basically saves everything to the cloud right? Are your saves ever stored locally, at least as a backup? It's scary if not. Losing progress in Titanfall is horrible, but losing hundreds of hours in a game like Dark Souls would be catastrophic...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do you know how many kills you need for the challenges when regenerating? The challenge lists have various numbers - 5/10/20 etc, so you get multiple levels for each challenge. Do you only ever need the base level to regen, or do you need to get a certain level? The wikis don't seem clear on it.

Like the gooser challenge just says kill 5 ejecting pilots, and gen 5 says do the gooser challenge, but apparently it's 50 pilots?

aravuus

How do you know how many kills you need for the challenges when regenerating? The challenge lists have various numbers - 5/10/20 etc, so you get multiple levels for each challenge. Do you only ever need the base level to regen, or do you need to get a certain level? The wikis don't seem clear on it.

Like the gooser challenge just says kill 5 ejecting pilots, and gen 5 says do the gooser challenge, but apparently it's 50 pilots?

I think it means level V of that particular challenge, which would be 50 pilots.

Milennia

press Y in the filter list to split up every challenge, it shows everything.

I lost like the last two campaign missions of IMC and a level up. I've heard about people losing everything and I'm afraid to try again.

I lost everything, was around level 40 and the game simply reset. One of the respawn devs saw my post and pm'd me, but as far as I know it's not fixed yet.

So the Xbox One basically saves everything to the cloud right? Are your saves ever stored locally, at least as a backup? It's scary if not. Losing progress in Titanfall is horrible, but losing hundreds of hours in a game like Dark Souls would be catastrophic...

Aren't game saves and stuff like that saved on the hard drive? I don't see why they would be.

iMax

So this is interesting. Just watched the credits and it turns out all the MoCap was done at Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) and a bunch of their first party studios are given special thanks.

TheOddOne

So this is interesting. Just watched the credits and it turns out all the MoCap was done at Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) and a bunch of their first party studios are given special thanks.
Bunch of artists and programmers at Respawn came from SCEA. Some even joined like 7-11 months ago.

bidguy

Banned

both locally and online

Bydobob

Fantastic game, played for 3 hours last night and it felt like 1. If I didn't have responsibilities I would probably have made it an all-nighter.

Couple of things I think could do with reworking. The way Titan kills are credited is flawed. Too often I've depleted almost all the energy of an opponent for a team-mate to get the credit with the decisive shot (usually at the point of reloading). There must be some way of registering amount of damage per player to determine kills/assists.

Grunts, spectres and pilots can be hard to tell apart from distance and their markers don't always appear quick enough. It feels like a con trick when you open fire at a grunt or spectre only to give your position away for a human opponent to pick you off. Encounters with AI are simply not interesting enough to mitigate this.

The match-making can be off. Some matches were extremely one-sided in our favour and at one point pitched a load of level 1-10s against our level tens and twenties. Of course some low level players are extremely skilled but the final game stats spoke for themselves.

Otherwise this is the best online shooter I've played in a very long time. The Titans and manoeuvrability of the pilots opens up so many options and strategies. It feels like I've only just scratched the surface of this game and can't wait to get stuck in for more.

Here are some parameters that can be added to the command line (PC version). Right-click game properties and enter:

-novid

This stops the intro videos

+cl_showfps 1

Show framerate and cpu usage etc

-high

Force TF to load with high CPU priority

Tokubetsu

Fantastic game, played for 3 hours last night and it felt like 1. If I didn't have responsibilities I would probably have made it an all-nighter.

Couple of things I think could do with reworking. The way Titan kills are credited is flawed. Too often I've depleted almost all the energy of an opponent for a team-mate to get the credit with the decisive shot (usually at the point of reloading). There must be some way of registering amount of damage per player to determine kills/assists.

People have this same exact complaint every time a new Halo game is released. It's part of the shield dynamic.

GavinUK86

Here are some parameters that can be added to the command line (PC version). Right-click game properties and enter:

-novid

This stops the intro videos

+cl_showfps 1

Show framerate and cpu usage etc

-high

Force TF to load with high CPU priority

Does Titanfall have a need for that?

Gen 3 requirement is rubbish. I hate shotguns!

Almost there though...

The shotgun in this game is amazing. whatchutalkinbout

Despite there being so much to this game, I'm surprised how balanced this game feels, though there may need to be a couple of tweaks here and there. The see-through-walls perk, especially combined with the power cell perk, can be devastating. It makes the game a lot easier, almost to the point where I feel like I'm cheating.

I want to say having cloak as an ability needs to be removed, but I haven't encountered too many problems with it.

MNC

I believe it is quite a CPU-intensive game. Some one with a better knowledge of these things can probably detail this better than me.

I read about these settings via: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/03/15/titanfall-config-guide-the-best-settings-to-maximize-your-effectiveness/2/

If your machine is struggling to cope with bigger battles (three or more titans on screen can really slow things down), be sure to either turn off anti-aliasing or use the more efficient MSAA.

Err, I thought FXAA was the better solution?

Tokubetsu

Had some german dudes call me a faggot and "no life whore" this morning. Good times.

My go to strat now is to start the round with smart pistol to "farm" and then switch to w/e gun i think is best for the map (close vs med/long range). Working pretty well for me so far.

rizzo0

Is it just me or do kills not count during the epilogue? I swear I've had a few instances where near the end of a match my kills aren't counting and idk if it's a random thing that happens or it's just an epilogue thing...anybody else?

Meader

I'm having the worst win/lose record in this game than any other FPS I've played. 15 games played, 2 wins, with myself being the MVP 5 times. It's a good game but it's hard to enjoy when you get placed in bad teams all the time.

Izuna

Banned
I want to say having cloak as an ability needs to be removed, but I haven't encountered too many problems with it.

Haha, clock doesn't hide a pilot at all. It is good for getting distance sure, but Stim is far better at getting the jump on someone. In Hardpoint many use clock thinking it helps a bunch but the cool down period is too frequent for them to hide anywhere.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Is it just me or do kills not count during the epilogue? I swear I've had a few instances where near the end of a match my kills aren't counting and idk if it's a random thing that happens or it's just an epilogue thing...anybody else?

Kills and deaths do NOT count during the Epilogue. I'm not sure why a gaffer before was so adamant that they did count.
The same happened in the Beta.

aravuus

Aww yeah, thank you new GPU, now I can run the game pretty much maxed out! Feels great after playing with lowest settings and lower-than-native resolution.

Cloak is good at range and especially for popping out to chip away at Titans. At close ranges, the most you buy yourself is a quarter-second of reaction time.

antitrop

0n2WpPX.jpg

TheOddOne

Respawn has the accept that Nintendo does not like their double jump being abused in non-Mario games. It's gonna be the trial of the century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom