• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
QyB1DYH.jpg

Back at it again. This time on Xbox One. Fucking love this game!

Holy Christ. If you play on US West add me!

Slowly clawing my way back up the KDR slope. Had a run of several good games last night. Might start giving other modes a go, as well as finishing up the campaign.

Still having a blast, though.

I don't think Titans should be able to carry the flag, personally.

My capture the flag tactic:

Run around shooting grunts to get my titan.
Run to their flag and call my stryder close to their flag.
Get flag and run into that baby.
Dash like a motherfucker to our flag.
Capture or wait depending if they have our flag or not.

80% of the time, it works every time.

Jrs3000

Thats the debate I'm having right now. It seems fun but I dunno.

It's worth it. It's a return to the old school FPS of quake 3 and UT2004 in a way with the speed, air dodges, a arsenal of unique weapons instead of hundreds of copies, excellent designed maps, skill based shooting.. If you threw hours into those games back in the day those old feelings emerge. Here's a clip of me playing.

http://1drv.ms/1o7aQPU

isb

Banned
It's worth. It's a return to the old school FPS of quake 3 and UT2004 in away with the speed, air dodges, a arsenal of unique weapons instead of hundreds of copies. If you threw hours into those games back in the day those old feelings emerge. Here's a clip of me playing.

You should use the walls better, always be up there if you can. Since i started to play with the mindstate of "The floor is lava" my K/D has skyrocketed.

My capture the flag tactic:

Run around shooting grunts to get my titan.
Run to their flag and call my stryder close to their flag.
Get flag and run into that baby.
Dash like a motherfucker to our flag.
Capture or wait depending if they have our flag or not.

80% of the time, it works every time.
Play a burn card to have dash core online on spawn and it's even quicker!

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I fucking suck playing as a Titan. What are some good Titan load outs? I'm only level 28, btw. Keep getting my ass handed to me when I get in a Titan so I always put it in follow mode to use as a distraction, so I can down other Titans as a Pilot.

aka_bueno

so what are some pro tips for all you guys rocking the insane K/D ratio!?

I'm on XB1 and mine hovers around 2-2.1 ha. My problem is I don't have the patience. I've seen some of my buddies with higher ratios, and they don't camp per se but they def like to stick to certain areas and hang back most of the time. I on the other hand like to go parkour around the map hunting peeps down.

I think another area I could work on though are my loadouts. I found that I've been sticking too much to the stuff in the beta, so I've been trying to use other weapons and tactical abilities. Love Cloak, feel safer with it but I'm trying to use Stim and I'm not quite sure I know how to best use it so far.

Also, I love Titans. Best part of the game for me, but when playing I always forget to call it in right away and I end up holding on to it for a minute too long. I think I need to call it in faster when first available in a match to start racking up pilot kills!

That was a damn close match. Enemy got to 395 in hardpoint and we were 372 or something, then we got all 3 points and managed to hold for the victory.

Intense.

Hurley

CTF is the shit.

I admit, I've never really been into that mode in previous FPS's, but you really get a adrenaline rush when you play it here. Sneaking in to grab the flag, barely making your way out as you're under fire then when it seems like you're not going to make it you rodeo onto a team mates titan and they dash you back to cap it.

Brilliant.

U guys ever find yourself in a Titan match with plenty titans, smoke everywhere, and then notice u are beating the living piss out of a Titan on your side? Rotfl happened to me a few times lol.

This game does such a good job of making each match feel huge

Oddly, my initial impressions of Garden Warfare were higher than my first few games of Titanfall. Titanfall is exactly what I expected, whereas Garden Warfare exceeded my expectations in many different ways.

I just thought that was interesting.

So far, Titanfall has been rock solid in terms of play and stability. I hope the game has significant legs. The lack of single player still bugs me. I got the game as a birthday present, and I'm glad to be playing at the beginning when it's fresh and new to most everybody.

I am doing way better at this game than I expected to, especially considering I'm using a controller on PC. My K/D isn't the best, but I wreck Titans like nobody's business. Currently, 25% of my matches I've been MVP, and I've been Top 3 in 75% of them.

/brag

Also Titanfall is really fun you guys

Strider

Here are my stats:

WGO1RyP.jpg

HgLYqo8.jpg

I still need to do the campaign for the Stryder Titan. I just dont care for all the extra cutscenes and stuff :(

I'd also like to play more hardpoint and CTF but I've been playing solo 90% of the time and I just dont enjoy those modes when playing with randoms. They never seem to actually play the objective.

I need help getting 75% winning rate so add me PC-gaf! I usually play on US East.

GlamFM

Banned
Played this game a bunch today - it´s really fun.

Hope they are working on a fix for the frame rate and the horrible tearing right now - It would be so much more enjoyable.

I also wich there was more stuff to unlock, paint jobs for guns, outfits etc.

Maybe next time.

hypotc

My best CTF game so far. Used a Ogre card. Seriously, using titan cards at the start of a CTF match is too OP. I got the first flag, and the one that got the second jumped on my titan and I got him home safe.

29Rrl7s.png

PC people, I made a few tweaks last night that removed any of the minor slowdown I was seeing:

- Capped fps at 65 in Nvidia Inspector (my refresh rate is 60Hz)
- Turned AF down to 8x instead of 16x, I can't notice a difference
- Forced adaptive Vsync in Nvidia Control Panel

Before I was getting 60fps with a little bit of microstutter here and there, now it's completely smooth with no stutter at all

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So when I got my CE I was kinda "meh" about the atlas poster. Now that I've played through the game I really like it. To me it's almost like the Atlas is a game character. Also by far my favorite Titan.

Kydd BlaZe

Dude.. what's your loadouts??? Divulge your secrets!!

Pilot Loadout:
-Carbine w/HCOG Sight and Silencer (Perfect for Pilot gunfights, and not pinging on the mini map)
-Auto Pistol
-Arc Grenades (frequently switch to Satchel Charges from time to time)
-Cloak
-Mag Launcher
-Power Cell
-Minion Detector

Titan Loadout:
-Atlas Chassis
-Chaingun w/extended mags (this thing cuts through pilots)
-Electric Smoke
-Cluster Missile
-Nuclear Ejection (was getting tired of getting killed by it from other players so I decided to join the club)
-Core Extender

Basically when I call in my Titan, I almost never die. I always try to be smart about how I attack the enemy and try not to put myself in bad positions. I hunt down Pilots with a passion. My Pilot skills are pretty good, but when I'm in a Titan I'm nearly unstoppable.

Strider

Pilot Loadout:
-Carbine w/HCOG Sight and Silencer (Perfect for Pilot gunfights, and not pinging on the mini map)
-Auto Pistol
-Arc Grenades (frequently switch to Satchel Charges from time to time)
-Cloak
-Mag Launcher
-Power Cell
-Minion Detector

Titan Loadout:
-Atlas Chassis
-Chaingun w/extended mags (this thing cuts through pilots)
-Electric Smoke
-Cluster Missile
-Nuclear Ejection (was getting tired of getting killed by it from other players so I decided to join the club)
-Core Extender

Basically when I call in my Titan, I almost never die. I always try to be smart about how I attack the enemy and try not to put myself in bad positions. I hunt down Pilots with a passion. My Pilot skills are pretty good, but when I'm in a Titan I'm nearly unstoppable.

We play with almost the exact same loadout and style. When I'm in my Titan I treat it like my baby and I just never put it in jeopardy. I just kill minions until a pilot shows up on the radar then the chaingun puts them down almost instantly. And if one happens to rodeo me the electric smoke goes off.

I pretty much avoid Titan v Titan fights unless their health is far lower than mine.

I don't think minion detector is being used enough by a lot of people. It's so useful being really efficient in getting the points (in attrition) and taking time of your titan cooldown.

Tizzie

Neo Member
Excellent game, but does anyone feel that the matchmaking system seem unbalanced? Me and 2 friends who are level 20's (gen1) get matched against 5 gen3's and a gen2... just ended up leaving but we get matched like this quite frequently.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Pilot Loadout:
Titan Loadout:

I have similar stats to you and I use almost the exact same stuff. I love the XO-16 chaingun on the Titan with the extended mags. I haven't even bothered to use anything else.
I'm on PC with a xbox 360 controller so we can't play together unfortunately!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's worth it. It's a return to the old school FPS of quake 3 and UT2004 in a way with the speed, air dodges, a arsenal of unique weapons instead of hundreds of copies, excellent designed maps, skill based shooting.. If you threw hours into those games back in the day those old feelings emerge. Here's a clip of me playing.

I'd agree, but the lack of accuracy of most weapons without ADS breaks from that a bit.

Kydd BlaZe

I have similar stats to you and I use almost the exact same stuff. I love the XO-16 chaingun on the Titan with the extended mags. I haven't even bothered to use anything else.
I'm on PC with a xbox 360 controller so we can't play together unfortunately!

Yeah I used a similar set up in the PC beta (I also play with a controller). My stats are pretty much the same on PC, although I play on Xbox One much more (All of my friends play on Xbox).

I'm so used to having Vortex Cannon on my Titan that I basically can't do without. I like the point of electric smoke, but I'm Vortex 4 lyfe.

Boogdud

I must be playing wrong or something. My k/d is down to like 1.9 against pilots, I'm rank 48 and I have a lot less pilot kills (700 or so?) but I have 300+ titan kills. I only play attrition. Maybe I need to focus on killing pilots when I'm in the titan. Looks like that's how most people are boosting their k/ds.

Nydius

I'm so used to having Vortex Cannon on my Titan that I basically can't do without. I like the point of electric smoke, but I'm Vortex 4 lyfe.

I'm the exact opposite. I just regenned last night and the first few matches where I didn't have electric smoke I played horrendously bad.

I love smoke because it can be used to blind titans and pilots, kill pilots/grunts, do massive damage to titans who are easily kited into the cloud, and it's bloody amazing at locking down an open hardpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom