• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'll have to switch it up a bit once I regen, in order to complete those challenges.
I'm nearly done with the shotgun for Gen 3 and looking forward to switching it out; it's really started to feel cheap. Probably going to have to play some LTS to get the 40mm kills on Titans before I hit 50 again.

It's worth it. It's a return to the old school FPS of quake 3 and UT2004 in a way with the speed, air dodges, a arsenal of unique weapons instead of hundreds of copies, excellent designed maps, skill based shooting..

http://1drv.ms/1o7aQPU

You sir... Just sold a copy of Titanfall.

Loved these games and enjoyed CoD4 at the time but was not feeling it after or any other FPS but Quake and Unreal, mmmm yup!

If they took out ADS it would be the best old-school shooter in like a decade. Just feels out of place when everything else is so fast and impulsive.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If they took out ADS it would be the best old-school shooter in like a decade. Just feels out of place when everything else is so fast and impulsive.

Yep. Big reason I don't want to regenerate, will take a while to get the CAR and Counterweight back

I think that's just FPS games moving away from my tastes though.

Does shooting from the hip have any predictability to the shooting? Eg like counterstrike you can control your bursts to keep it on target . Or is it just generally inaccurate?

so how do you actually snipe in this game? I really wanna try sniping, but goddamn if you don't just got styled on by wall running pilots when you're trying to snipe someone.

Mondy

Banned
I just completed the most amazing game.

We were getting stomped by something like 50 points in Attrition at the beginning of the game. I was 4 and 10 at one point. Then our team rallied and rushed home to steal the win 250 to 247 at the death.

This game is full of awesome moments.

JimiNutz

Banned
You should use the walls better, always be up there if you can. Since i started to play with the mindstate of "The floor is lava" my K/D has skyrocketed.

I'm not particularly good at the game yet (my K/D against other pilots is only 1.0) but whenever I do a lot of wall running I tend to run straight past my potential kills because I'm spending more time concentrating on which wall to jump to next and just generally having fun wall running around :(

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Generation 3 to 4
If It Moves...
Kill X enemies with the R-97 Compact SMG
Tiers: 50, 100, 200, 350, 500

From this list if you are interested. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101753081&postcount=1047

EDIT: Wrong quote.

The link you posted is to the gen challenges from the Beta files. They changed some stuff from the Beta in the released version (including reducing the amount for each tier)

Here is link to the generation challenges in the release build:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103796879&postcount=4497

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks $38.11 well spent
I must encourage anyone who is dissuaded by the price point to take advantage. While a slight "use at own risk" applies, apparently this has been a long standing practice and it's painless. I wouldn't have paid $60; but it's absolutely worth that; $47 for the deluxe as well.
This game has an amazing shotgun though.
+Suppressor, rapidly becoming one of my favorites in gaming. Leadwall is a complete red herring, the stopping power is outrageous by default and no mini map pop is priceless.
You sir... Just sold a copy of Titanfall.

Loved these games and enjoyed CoD4 at the time but was not feeling it after or any other FPS but Quake and Unreal, mmmm yup!
Prediction: you will fucking love it.
I think the jury is back with their verdict: Burn cards are an ugly blemish on an otherwise brilliant game.
Shrug on that, I like them.

The Cowboy

So last night there was people reporting ranks resetting (not sure if it was just Xbox one only or both it and PC), was there any update on that (is it still happening for some)?.

So last night there was people reporting ranks resetting (not sure if it was just Xbox one only or both it and PC), was there any update on that (is it still happening for some)?.

My rank was reset and it hasn't been restored. I was at 40 i think, or right around there. I'm already back to level 20. im on xbox1

Radec

Sitting here with my copy installed on my PC and can't play the game due to the materialsystem_dx11.dll shit.

Now I have to do a fresh OS install on my other HDD.
LLShC.gif

The Cowboy

My rank was reset and it hasn't been restored. I was at 40 i think, or right around there. I'm already back to level 20. im on xbox1
Here's hoping they've fixed the issue that caused it, I'd hate for people to re-level and for it to happen again and again - things like this could kill the game if it happens multiple times.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Everytime I load into my Titan I think of the Vince Mcmahon tough walkin' gif.
IjVu1bi.gif

I wonder who his pilot is.

This game.

I was playing with a buddy last night not keeping track of time and all of a sudden it's 3AM. Okay. Gotta start wrapping it up, it's getting a bit late. Only a few games - cut off is at 4AM.

Oh, what's that? It's 445AM and we had no idea? Okay. Well, one last game.

5:15? Alright, better do one last one. Can't end on a loss.

Finally going to bed at 5:30 is rough. Especially for me, a guy who wakes up at 6AM every day of the work week.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
oB5JK7I.png

Ahhhh so close to getting 100. For some reason I just can't hit the mark despite feeling like I'm in non-stop action. Maybe I am focusing too much on Titans, takes a long time to wear them down and collect the 5(?) points.

Amped Hemlock not that bad. Regular version I'm not so sure about but, but I did just finally unlock Starburst so we'll see.

I kinda of agree with this, if only for the fact that I prefer no-ADS to ADS. As of right now it doesn't really bother me, but the freedom of movement would definitely be better without ADS.

Sean

Banned
Cool moment for me. I call in my titan, get squished by an enemy titan right as I'm trying to embark in mine, and a split second later my titan drops right on him and crushes him for instant revenge (earning me an achievement too). Didn't even know what happened until the killcam replay: http://1drv.ms/1fZnuj5

Shinsky

So this is interesting. Just watched the credits and it turns out all the MoCap was done at Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) and a bunch of their first party studios are given special thanks.

I would say this is a fairly common scenario and they just rented out Sony's MoCap stage. The SCEA studios thanked probably housed engineers that ran the equipment.

arimanius

Got this yesterday and played all night and all this morning. This my sound sacrilege but I don't like the Titans. I'd much rather be a pilot the entire game.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I think the jury is back with their verdict: Burn cards are an ugly blemish on an otherwise brilliant game.

I really love burn cards, personally. They're not as overpowered or cheap as killstreaks (or deathstreaks) and I hope Respawn realizes that this game ONLY needs burn cards in that regard. I want nothing else like it for TitanFall 2. They are good as is.

Got this yesterday and played all night and all this morning. This my sound sacrilege but I don't like the Titans. I'd much rather be a pilot the entire game.

Same here. I've been playing domination though so having the Titan follow me around is more beneficial anyhow.

TrueGrime

People knowing my exact position without me firing and them not having sonar or burn cards, and some weird tracking shots.

There is a perk that allows you to see through any walls at a good distance. The perk, not the burn card. You're easily highlighted. The only counter is cloaking.

Bizazedo

I must be playing wrong or something. My k/d is down to like 1.9 against pilots, I'm rank 48 and I have a lot less pilot kills (700 or so?) but I have 300+ titan kills. I only play attrition. Maybe I need to focus on killing pilots when I'm in the titan. Looks like that's how most people are boosting their k/ds.

Feels like people are getting better / knowing the maps a bit more. Opposing teams are getting much better on average....either that or I keep running into Parties, now. And I go on vacation Sunday, going to suck when I get home in a week :(.

I popped into campaign at the end of the night last night, and have to say this is the one place where Respawn really messed up. I had just regenerated, so I was only like level 2, but I popped into the campaign at Angel City and Militia were almost all newbs. My team, IMC, wasn't. I haven't steamrolled a team that bad for 4 consecutive maps since Beta / day one of release. I felt bad for them / it might give them a bad impression of the game/

At Demeter high level people finally showed for Militia and it became "normal" vs gameplay, but man some asses got kicked earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom