• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueGrime

Yup. I use that perm with my hemlock and shotgun.

I loathe the shotgun but I think I need to learn how to use it if I want to Gen up. What're your attachments for it? That perk with a silenced carbine is deadly as fuck. They never, ever see it coming.

I'm aware of that, they don't have it on. You can tell in the killcam if they do.

Check the ping of the people who are killing you. I'd say there's some sort of compensation going on for people with bad connections as when i've been killed and thought 'WTFBBQ' I've checked the scoreboard and they always seem to be at 3 bars.

TrueGrime

I'm aware of that, they don't have it on. You can tell in the killcam if they do.

Hm. Unfortunate. The game is easy enough to learn and master without resorting to cheating. Usually people do it to up their stats but being there's no leaderboard and we can't see each other's stats, it's just silly to do so.

Jito

Banned
The game has matchmaking. There's a lot of work going on in the servers, and we'll adjust as needed as time goes on. =)

Doesn't seem like it at all when I'm Gen 2 getting matched with rank 12 players. Feels bad beating on these guys that don't know how to play.

How is the controller play in the PC? Can game pad players hold their own to at least have some fun?
By all accounts, yes. You'll probably be hampered at the top end, but some people do incredibly well with one. I tried it but felt it was hurting my wallrunning more than anything else.

I am dumbfounded how few people take advantage of the traversal aspects of this game. It's like picking off sheep. So many just congregate in open areas on the ground waiting for me to cut them down.

Best thing about this game so far is having a personal grudge match with another guy jumping all over the place. Chasing each other is so exhilarating.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I was really hoping for some gamemodes that accentuate the traversal. Like a Race mode or some crazy version of tag.
Melee only CTF. :O

Best thing about this game so far is having a personal grudge match with another guy jumping all over the place. Chasing each other is so exhilarating.

I think people are still trying to adapt to it. Certainly, staying in one place, low to ground is going to end in your death.

Everytime I load into my Titan I think of the Vince Mcmahon tough walkin' gif.
IjVu1bi.gif

I wonder who his pilot is.

Rotfl

Perfect comparison

Cool moment for me. I call in my titan, get squished by an enemy titan right as I'm trying to embark in mine, and a split second later my titan drops right on him and crushes him for instant revenge (earning me an achievement too). Didn't even know what happened until the killcam replay: http://1drv.ms/1fZnuj5

Haha the timing was perfect on that drop! Microsoft really needs to improve the quality of XB1 uploaded vids, surprised they haven't already yet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am dumbfounded how few people take advantage of the traversal aspects of this game. It's like picking off sheep. So many just congregate in open areas on the ground waiting for me to cut them down.
seriously

I'm coming to understand that the people chanting "cod with mechs" are the corpses littering my peripheral vision while jump-dashing between rooftops..
this is ludicrous though. it's just not for you

seriously

I'm coming to understand that the people chanting "cod with mechs" are the corpses littering my peripheral vision while jump-dashing between rooftops..
this is ludicrous though. it's just not for you

That is such a good point I bet your right.

I can't imagine the controller being able to compete in any fashion.

Got this yesterday and played all night and all this morning. This my sound sacrilege but I don't like the Titans. I'd much rather be a pilot the entire game.

The thing I love about this game is the fact that you can drop an auto Titan or you can control it manually. I dropped an auto Titan to give me cover when I was playing ctf the other day.

Mondy

Banned
I really love burn cards, personally. They're not as overpowered or cheap as killstreaks (or deathstreaks) and I hope Respawn realizes that this game ONLY needs burn cards in that regard. I want nothing else like it for TitanFall 2. They are good as is.

I can't say I agree. There are certain ones that can make players OP as hell. I'm looking at you, shotgunners using Stim and Amped Shotgun.

Where's the best place to buy the PC version? I can get 10% at a store near by me, but would buying it digitally be better?
I've seen a few websites that are selling it for $30 - $35 but I'm not sure if they're legit.

Pls halp

Jrs3000

You should use the walls better, always be up there if you can. Since i started to play with the mindstate of "The floor is lava" my K/D has skyrocketed.

I do use the wall I just don't stay on it without a reason though. I'm all over when need be and usually take the high ground to attack.

You sir... Just sold a copy of Titanfall.

Loved these games and enjoyed CoD4 at the time but was not feeling it after or any other FPS but Quake and Unreal, mmmm yup!

Good to hear. It's a good game just using the Pilots and having Titans is like that extra topping on the cake. It satisfies my mecha urges.

I'd agree, but the lack of accuracy of most weapons without ADS breaks from that a bit.

Unlock the car smg and the run & gun perk which gives you increased accuracy firing from the hip with smg and pistols. You can also use the shotgun, no ADS is needed.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Where's the best place to buy the PC version? I can get 10% at a store near by me, but would buying it digitally be better?
I've seen a few websites that are selling it for $30 - $35 but I'm not sure if they're legit.

Pls halp

Buy it from Mexican Origin. There's a guide for it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
yeah, i've tried a lot of the guns. even convinced myself they are good and have their roles. then i switch back to the carbine and just fucking beast. its really good everywhere. the shotgun and probably CAR are better at close range, and (i'd imagine) the snipers are better are extreme range, but none of those work well at all outside of their limited roles, certainly not like the carbine.

f0rk

I hate the bots. Maybe I'll get used to it but they serve no purpose aside from being annoying distractions that don't do anything besides cluttering up the map.

88random

I can't say I agree. There are certain ones that can make players OP as hell. I'm looking at you, shotgunners using Stim and Amped Shotgun.

Yup, some are really OP. Precharged Titan's ability, permanent Stim... I don't like the concept of burn cards, everyone should fight on even ground. I don't want to think about someone having infinite wallhack or grenades or that he can one-shot me even if I started to shoot way earlier.

Jrs3000

I hate the bots. Maybe I'll get used to it but they serve no purpose aside from being annoying distractions that don't do anything besides cluttering up the map.

They shorten the time to your titan or your titans ability core, they give you points during attrition, and in hardpoint they capture the points for you if you ignore them.

Yup, some are really OP. Precharged Titan's ability, permanent Stim... I don't like the concept of burn cards, everyone should fight on even ground. I don't want to think about someone having infinite wallhack or grenades or that he can one-shot me even if I started to shoot way earlier.

Some maybe OP but all you have to do is kill the person and it's gone. I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom