• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
They shorten the time to your titan or your titans ability core, they give you points during attrition, and in hardpoint they capture the points for you if you ignore them.

plus, they really really add to the feel of a large scale battle without upping the same threat more players would.

Gaz_RB

How is the controller play in the PC? Can game pad players hold their own to at least have some fun?

If you're really good with a controller. I've been using my DS4 and my K/D is 2.5 and I do fairly well in every game.

It really depends on your skill with a controller. i enjoy the challenge.

AEREC

I hate the bots. Maybe I'll get used to it but they serve no purpose aside from being annoying distractions that don't do anything besides cluttering up the map.

I didn't think I would like them at first, but I don't really mind them...they make the game feel a little MOBAish.

Also I feel great shame when I get killed by a grunt =(

I've put in a few hours now and I'm feeling regret sink in. The game is lacking greatly in enough content to justify the price. And the nature of the game systems don't lend it toward the type of higher level competitive play that would give it a lot of staying power. Basically I kind of doubt that I'll be playing much of this in a month.

And all the overly positive hyped to hell preview coverage has made this revelation a bit depressing. TitanFall was supposed to be the second coming, which it could have been if it wasn't severely lacking content. As is I feel a bit ripped off and I'm kinda wishing I hadn't spent the honeymoon period in the beta, since the full game has turned out to be basically the same as that but with a few more maps.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Shotgun with leadwall is kinda perfect for playing with a controller. Who needs accuracy when everything in front of you dies?

Bizazedo

I hate the bots. Maybe I'll get used to it but they serve no purpose aside from being annoying distractions that don't do anything besides cluttering up the map.

The bots also force you to keep moving or reacting, which might be their most important role. I stumbled into a room with 3 grunts and 3 spectres and grimaced because that many will put some damage on you and I didn't have a suppressor so if I fired others would know where I was.

So, I'm really starting to think they're more important than I thought before.

dengatron

I've been playing with a ds4, and been having pretty successful results. Sometimes I wish I could be good with m/kb but my KD is positive, and usually sits around 2.0 vs players for last 10. It took a while to get the hang of it, but, it's not really awful like some would suggest.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I can't say I agree. There are certain ones that can make players OP as hell. I'm looking at you, shotgunners using Stim and Amped Shotgun.

We'll just have to agree to disagree haha but they definitely give an advantage, and sometimes a huge one, but I don't think they are ever not manageable.

Also, if any Respawn guys see this: I would really like better stats in regards to kill/death (I wanna know how many times I died) and end of game match stats in the last game summary page (I wanna see how I compared against others).

If anyone on PC is looking to squad up, send me a friend request. My tag's GlenChivas. I'm Gen 3 so I can hold my own. Just got home from work so I'll be online most of the day.

Played with five other GAFers last night. Had an awesome time.

I think grunts have the most relevance in Attrition, since they can be a valuable source of points. If you're in a tight game, being able to find a whole enemy squad of them can be the difference between winning and losing.

zonezeus

So, I presti regenerated to gen 2. Now, with challenges wiped clean, do I have to kill 200 people with shotty again to regenerate to gen 3 or it's the general count that matters, including kills from previous gen?

The LMG is awful.

Takes some getting used to but I really enjoy it. Add the Hammer attachment and if you rodeo a Titan you can shred through their health in no time.

So, I presti regenerated to gen 2. Now, with challenges wiped clean, do I have to kill 200 people with shotty again to regenerate to gen 3 or it's the general count that matters, including kills from previous gen?

Nope. Gotta start fresh.

I'd add the C.A.R. SMG with Counterweight to that list. It's borderline OP since it has insane accuracy from the hip with next to no recoil and can hit at decent range.

This

Nydius

None of the guns seem that great other than the Carbine and Shotty.

I'd add the C.A.R. SMG with Counterweight to that list. It's borderline OP since it has insane accuracy from the hip with next to no recoil and can hit at decent range.

I'm certainly starting to notice some COD bros infiltrating this game, with their "I'm hiding up here all game long so I can have the highest k/d ratio". Silenced weapon and all. This is what COD has devolved into, especially with Ghosts, but thankfully this game doesn't really reward that style like Ghosts does.

Initially I was annoyed at the lack of leaderboards and comparing stats with friends, etc. But I'm starting to see the good that comes from that not being there. The k/d e-peen doesn't mean as much when your friends can't see it. Thankfully this means most people can just play to win, and I'm enjoying the game so much for it's purity in that sense.

Etnos

Banned
I just got to my 2nd gen after 14 hours:

z9jw.jpg

Whatever this game is lacking in content, it make it up by being just really good.

neoism

would someone that is using SWEETFX with this game would someone tell me how I've tried and tried. it doesn't work :(. I use it with alot of games but it doesn't work with Titanfall :/

Yup, some are really OP. Precharged Titan's ability, permanent Stim... I don't like the concept of burn cards, everyone should fight on even ground. I don't want to think about someone having infinite wallhack or grenades or that he can one-shot me even if I started to shoot way earlier.
Heh. In games with perks nobody can really be in even ground.

Heh. In games with perks nobody can really be in even ground.

Some of the perks fall victim to the tropes though. I mean, wallhacking is so incredibly lame to have in a game.

I really wish this game would have adapted Halo's style of weapon pickups.

The traversal would just make things that much better, and weapons like the shotgun could feel balanced if it had to be fought over.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Tbh I'd prefer all weapons to be like that, it suits the game IMO. You still have to aim

But it can...90% of my time on PC has been with a controller and I haven't seen any other person using a controller on PC saying they felt like they couldn't compete.

Really?
That is so surprising. I mean not a lot of the game requires the level of precision that you benefit from using mouse but when I am up close to a guy I can maneuver to a headshot still which is just not that easy with joysticks.

Really?
That is so surprising. I mean not a lot of the game requires the level of precision that you benefit from using mouse but when I am up close to a guy I can maneuver to a headshot still which is just not that easy with joysticks.

I play with a controller and end up being top 3 a lot. I've been at a disadvantage in some cases but competing isn't a problem at all. Titanfall is all about maneuvering to get the drop on somebody. If you get the drop on a guy a keyboard/mouse combo isn't going to save him. In Last Titan Standing it doesn't matter one bit either way.

I play with a controller and end up being top 3 a lot. I've been at a disadvantage in some cases but competing isn't a problem at all. Titanfall is all about maneuvering to get the drop on somebody. If you get the drop on a guy a keyboard/mouse combo isn't going to save him. In Last Titan Standing it doesn't matter one bit either way.

Yeah that's definitely true but when I'm evenly squaring off against someone I can almost always still win just because of how quick I can get to his noggin

Anyone experiencing a weird stutter effect on NVIDIA? Doesn't happen always but at the beginning of a match I get this strange hang up

Yeah that's definitely true but when I'm evenly squaring off against someone I can almost always still win just because of how quick I can get to his noggin

Anyone experiencing a weird stutter effect on NVIDIA? Doesn't happen always but at the beginning of a match I get this strange hang up

This is true. One on one battles at close quarters where both parties see each other at more or less the same time becomes a far more difficult proposition but I find those types of scenarios are very rare. There is an advantage to be had with kb/m it's just minimal and mostly situational.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Triple threat + satchel charges is such a hilarious combo in hardpoint. So many explosive kills.

I wasn't feeling the gun my first time through but it's growing on me a lot. Can be extremely powerful in burst damage but you lack in titan battles for longer range.

je_ssi e

None of the guns seem that great other than the Carbine and Shotty. Some of the Titan guns really suck, like the Railgun.
The pilot weapons have been disappointing.
It seems like only three are truly competitive. And, there aren't that many to begin with.

But, I can't sleep on the boot.
Seeing a dude spamming high kicks. That shit is scary.

Kydd BlaZe

After this, I'm done flexing my e-penis. Earlier I posted my Xbox One stats...here are my PC stats.

xhosPFL.jpg

I don't play this on PC as much as I do on Xbox One though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom