• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy shit Kydd, that's insane.

Well, that's annoying. Was looking at the achievements and saw the bar close to full on the faction ones and now I just have to go in guessing.

Yup, it sucks. Doubly so since you can't just pick a faction either.

zou

Man, this game feels very similar to NS, just missing bunny hop.

So tempted to double-dip on PC, if I didn't know I'd waste all my time on it. There isn't a way to us kb/m with X1 yet is there?

E92 M3

I'm certainly starting to notice some COD bros infiltrating this game, with their "I'm hiding up here all game long so I can have the highest k/d ratio". Silenced weapon and all. This is what COD has devolved into, especially with Ghosts, but thankfully this game doesn't really reward that style like Ghosts does.

Initially I was annoyed at the lack of leaderboards and comparing stats with friends, etc. But I'm starting to see the good that comes from that not being there. The k/d e-peen doesn't mean as much when your friends can't see it. Thankfully this means most people can just play to win, and I'm enjoying the game so much for it's purity in that sense.

Yes, we were playing today and encountered some hardcore campers. The k/d dick waving contest is annoying - especially when people play super conservatively and don't go for objectives. I like to keep my own stats high, but it is nice that stat sharing isnt huge in Titanfall.

Papercuts

Yes, we were playing today and encountered some hardcore campers. The k/d dick waving contest is annoying - especially when people play super conservatively and don't go for objectives. I like to keep my own stats high, but it is nice that stat sharing isnt huge in Titanfall.

Luckily they have good point giveouts for doing objectives which seems to curb it a lot.

I do seem to be noticing more people try and camp within objectives...but it really just doesn't work well here, unless it's a really good wall cling spot.

Also, going for objectives gives you crazy XP, so I'm not sure why e-peen people aren't all over it, since levels are public and k/d is not. +500 for a single flag capture? +75 every few seconds for sitting on a hardpoint? Fire up a Fast Learner card with the latter...

HelloMeow

After this, I'm done flexing my e-penis. Earlier I posted my Xbox One stats...here are my PC stats.

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xhosPFL.jpg[/IMG]

I don't play this on PC as much as I do on Xbox One though.

Beaten ;)

3DEOn6C.png

Serick

Married Member
After this, I'm done flexing my e-penis. Earlier I posted my Xbox One stats...here are my PC stats.

xhosPFL.jpg

I don't play this on PC as much as I do on Xbox One though.

Holy crap man... that's impressive. I'm happy if I can maintain >1.0 K:D lol.

Sorry if you've already answered but what loadout do you typically use?

And what Loadout do you use?

How do you guys get such insane K:D Ratios?

My Kills as Titan are so much lower proportionately than either Meow or Kydd; I think I actually have more as a Pilot. Whoops.

I probably need to spend more time in my Titan instead of letting the AI run it. And also more time hunting Pilots rather than going toe to toe with the other robots.

Papercuts

My Kills as Titan are so much lower proportionately than either Meow or Kydd; I think I actually have more as a Pilot. Whoops.

I probably need to spend more time in my Titan instead of letting the AI run it. And also more time hunting Pilots rather than going toe to toe with the other robots.

Mine's pretty even, but looking at the time ratio I'm obviously a pilot far longer. Seems to work out well.

Extraction is always so tense, deciding when you do or don't go without getting wiped out. Always the 1 hero sacrificing themselves for the team in their Titan like the scene from Matrix Revolutions. :')

Is there a burn card that makes you not show up on radar? I watch mine pretty closely but then I get my fucking neck snapped.

Speaking of, the neck snaps in this game are brutal as hell.

Gaz_RB

Extraction is always so tense, deciding when you do or don't go without getting wiped out. Always the 1 hero sacrificing themselves for the team in their Titan like the scene from Matrix Revolutions. :')

Makes losing so fun to me. Never thought they could do that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is there a burn card that makes you not show up on radar? I watch mine pretty closely but then I get my fucking neck snapped.

Speaking of, the neck snaps in this game are brutal as hell.

Not that I know of, but you should always be checking behind every now and then you since this is a very nonlinear game and it's trivial to circle behind someone moving predictably.

Mindman

Isn't there supposed to be an Android Origin app? There seems to have been one at one point, but I can't find it on the Play Store. Was trying to think of ways to do text chats while using a controller from the comfy couch. PC version, obviously.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Rodeoing is so obnoxious! If I pop smoke the second the warning comes up... They can still get me to almost half life and jump off safely before the smoke can kill them.

JimiNutz

Banned
I've stopped worrying about my K/D ratio so much and just focus on helping me team win. It's way more fun that way and not as frustrating for me.

In Attrition I focus on getting Titan kills and spectres since I find that easier and I help my team with the points. One of my friends sits in places and camps, gets like 4 pilot kills and 0 deaths.
He then tries to call me out on my lower pilot K/D ratio but I consistently finish higher on the board because I wrack up the points dooming titans. Aren't titans actually worth more points than a pilot kill in attrition anyway?

Those stats are insane though!
Goddamn. I wish I was that good at the game haha.

antitrop

Rodeoing is so obnoxious! If I pop smoke the second the warning comes up... They can still get me to almost half life and jump off safely before the smoke can kill them.

Killing a Pilot is still pretty much worth about half your Titan's health. But still, if you do pop smoke as soon as you hear them bumbling around on top of you, they won't really do all that much damage unless they have an Amped LMG or something.

Seems like they designed it to take 80-100 hours to get to Gen 10, which seems low to me. I've put more hours than that into a lot of games, including singleplayer ones like XCOM or Football Manager. It'd be weird for the metagame to end so "early" into the game's lifespan for so many.

Etnos

Banned
So guys I'm having this weird dumb ass dilemma, I'm not sure whether to stick to the xbone version or the PC version, both are good as far as I'm concern my pros and cons are:

-xbone pros: comfy sofa couch, controller, lots of people

-xbone cons: that limited FOV, as someone who grew up as PC gamer I just cant get used to this horse view angles, not even in a big tv. Visuals are OK for console but that frame drop can be annoying at times.

-pc pros: The rush is bigger, action is intense because ya know M+K, I have nice rig so I haven't notice a lot of frame rate drops

-pc cons: I'm getting old being in a PC for a lot of hours takes a toll in my back and wrist. While I still managed to have a positive KD/Ratio match balance is already a problem. Not sure how healthy the population is going to be in 6 months for now.

I would actually play both whenever I feel like it, but I want to get to 10th gen on this one.

TrueGrime

So guys I'm having this weird dumb ass dilemma, I'm not sure whether to stick to the xbone version or the PC version, both are good as far as I'm concern my pros and cons are:

-xbone cons: that limited FOV, as someone who grew up as PC gamer I just cant get used to this horse view angles, not even in a big tv. Visuals are OK for console but that frame drop can be annoying at times.

-pc pros: The rush is bigger, action is intense because ya know M+K, I have nice rig so I haven't notice a lot of frame rate drops

-pc cons: I'm getting old being in a PC for a lot of hours takes a toll in my back and wrist. While I still managed to have a positive KD/Ratio match balance is already a problem. Not sure how healthy the population is going to be in 6 months for now.

I would actually play both whenever I feel like it, but I want to get to 10th gen on this one.

I'd go with the Xbox. My lower back is the same sometimes. Comfort is the most important thing to me while gaming.

Etnos

Banned
Seems like they designed it to take 80-100 hours to get to Gen 10, which seems low to me. I've put more hours than that into a lot of games, including singleplayer ones like XCOM or Football Manager. It'd be weird for the metagame to end so "early" into the game's lifespan for so many.

I wish I had that time on my hands. Said so, no one is stopping you to keep playing after you reach 10th gen.

Papercuts

glare pls

But anyway, like I said before...satchel + triple threat, is goddamn hilarious. Using a Strider, just dashing around dumping grenades(and cluster bombs) through windows to keep people away, popping out right to the window to lay down satchels, cap the point, and jump back in. So much fun.

wrKwsJ4.jpg

And nowhere near the crazy people above, but I've been happy with my progress as somehow my ratio has been steadily going up even while I chase the objective since I thought it was going to tank when I did a regen. Despite the low TTK in the game I find that players can retain really high surviviability, if I can stay alive to my first Titan I can generally stay at 0 deaths for the majority of the match.

Ymm6SyC.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I've stopped worrying about my K/D ratio so much and just focus on helping me team win. It's way more fun that way and not as frustrating for me.

In Attrition I focus on getting Titan kills and spectres since I find that easier and I help my team with the points. One of my friends sits in places and camps, gets like 4 pilot kills and 0 deaths.
He then tries to call me out on my lower pilot K/D ratio but I consistently finish higher on the board because I wrack up the points dooming titans. Aren't titans actually worth more points than a pilot kill in attrition anyway?

Those stats are insane though!
Goddamn. I wish I was that good at the game haha.

Same. Shame a lot of the randoms I play with seem to rush off killing people in hard point. Still, I have my minions helping me guard areas :p

BashNasty

Wow I just went 0 pilot kills, 0 titan kills and 2 grunt kills.

Pondering suicide.

Meh, the only people who actually post pictures of their K/D ratio here are people looking to brag. I have amazing games where I'm the top ranked player by a good margin followed immediately by a game where I can barely get one pilot kill to offset my 8 deaths. My lifetime K/D against pilots is 0.9, but hell, that ain't bad and I'm still having a great time.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

PC version hooked up to your TVs using an Xbox controller? I might try mine using step streaming tomorrow - can you do that with an origin game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom