• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Anyway, had some awesome matches of Capture the Flag, Boneyard is fun as fuck especially in this mode, between the cables and all the other ways to move around is absolutely sick

Gonna stay on this for a bit, Attrition and LTS were the only one i've ever focused on

Hardpoint is also good stuff if you can manage to get on a competent team.

I wish they'd added some light team binds on PC so people who can't or don't feel comfortable with voice chat can still communicate with the team. In Hardpoint, even binds as simple as "Defend Point X/Attack Point X" would be significant.

eek5

Man it's bullshit destroying some of these Titans. The Stryder is the weakest right?

I had such a hard time going up against someone with it as an Ogre and I lost even with Damage Core activated and using so many rockets on it. I ejected then hammered so many hits with the Mag Launcher and still couldn't take him down.

Make sure you hit Ogres in the face. they have a narrow strip going down their helmet that is their weak point. Take their shields down and nail that shit (it glows red when you hit it w/ shields down) and you'll do pretty well.

I just finished the militia campaign... Not impressed.
The game is great, but the campaign just feels like it was an afterthought. I'll play the IMC side, but only for the unlock.

dengatron

I feel like I play way too loose with my titan. I use the ogre almost exclusively, and just charge in trying to die and nuclear eject on people. I really like pilot hunter as a traditional TDM. It's long enough to feel like a match, without being too long to lose my attention. Attrition matches seem so short with such low kill counts most of the time.

Hardpoint is also good stuff if you can manage to get on a competent team.

I wish they'd added some light team binds on PC so people who can't or don't feel comfortable with voice chat can still communicate with the team. In Hardpoint, even binds as simple as "Defend Point X/Attack Point X" would be significant.

Me and a mate just got dominated by a competent team on Hardpoint. Me and my friend were pretty much left alone, the rest of the team either quit or just kept running into their guns head-first.

I usually hate losing, but losing to these guys wasn't so bad. We'll get 'em next time.

Nokterian

I hope Respawn is going to optimize the game more because i get microstuttering while shooting or just by playing and it fucking sucks. Also hit detection is not on par like in the beta. I need to shoot a goddamn magazine and they shoot 3 bullets and i am dead.

def sim

With the absolute highest settings the game crashes on me after loading the second map of every session. Bummer.

Had to settle for 4x MSAA

Things that I am seeing more often then not:

Campaign multi seems to not use trueskill at all or at least feels like it, I think 90% of my story matches have been huge steamroll losses (with me in top 2) and it's annoying as shit.

Whatever trueskill is going on doesn't seem to be strong enough, I had a bunch of matches tonight where three players on the enemy side were all gen 2 while I was on a team with average level players and it was obvious that the skills were stacked, would help of my team tried to cap points, too.

In the beta I loved using the carbine but here in retail a lot of these maps I am just running around spraying the smg with good effect, maybe they did some re-balancing?

There is little use of most of the structures on a lot of maps when you can just run across them, the game is too fast paced to hide well in a room unless you have to because of capture points, and then those are in medium sized rooms with more then one entrance.

Low ping EU servers seem to have a lot of small hickups for me which were not in the beta, players rubber band or skip around, at one point I honestly had sub 10 fps for about 3 seconds, caught it on the game DVR.

I dunno, the game is just rubbing me the wrong way right now and i'm not enjoying it as much as I was expecting, I had some hype for this game but not enough to be above realistic expectations.

Furio53

Shotgun and C.A.R. SMG with Counterweight say hi.

Well true I forgot about the SG for a moment there. The SMG even with counterweight is still a gamble due to the spread. And even with the shotgun the pistol's range is quite far, not sure how effective the shotgun is at range vs the smart pistol. Probably 2-3 shot range which could make the smart pistol win out.

Milennia

I hate this 30 critical hits with the charge rifle challenge.., like a lot.
All I'm missing is that and some quad rocket titan kills for gen 5 req.

E92 M3

Lack of private rooms/solo queue is going to kill this game deader than a door nail. Hopefully all of that gets patched in quickly. Been trying to get into a non-stacked Hardpoint match for 30m now. No luck. Every room is a stack on one-side or the game puts me into a match on a team that is already losing by 100+ points.

Kind of disappointing to see them make exactly the same mistakes MWO made.

Well, they should at least have made it where joining a game in progress will not count for a loss or win. That'd be fair.

I realized something today. The movement speed, the health, the mobility in this game-

Pilot-call of duty

Titan-halo

They blended these two gameplay styles so seamlessly. The titan vs titan feels like halo to me with the shields and longer engagement times and darting in and out of cover and positioning yourself vs the enemy making a big difference.

The faster and slower console fps styles mixed works so good in this game.

Lima

Training Grounds is such a great map! Holy crap.

What is this crazy talk?

Worst map in the game by a country mile. Feels like "hey we designed this training ground for the training, why not use it as a map and bump up the map count".

Ugh

the game seriously is in need of some match making ASAP. 1/10 of my games are actually intense and the rest are either my team just obliterating the opposing team or vice-versa.

Anyway, actually won a hardpoint match last night with the final score being 400-399. This game is so fun when everyone is doing objectives and not just trying to rack up pilot kills. Was playing with one of those generation 4 nerds and all the fucker did was stay in one location and try to rack up pilot kills without contributing to stealing hardpoints at all. He was probably focusing on that distracting challenge shit that the game requires you to do to advance. What a shitty idea, too. Nothing like having a guy on your team just trying to do one irrelevant thing the entire game.

E92 M3

What is this crazy talk?

Worst map in the game by a country mile. Feels like "hey we designed this training ground for the training, why not use it as a map and bump up the map count".

Ugh

I LOVE training grounds - such a fun map. All of the maps are great except Airbase, which is just ok in my opinion.

the game seriously is in need of some match making ASAP. 1/10 of my games are actually intense and the rest are either my team just obliterating the opposing team or vice-versa.

Anyway, actually won a hardpoint match last night with the final score being 400-399. This game is so fun when everyone is doing objectives and not just trying to rack up pilot kills. Was playing with one of those generation 4 nerds and all the fucker did was stay in one location and try to rack up pilot kills without contributing to stealing hardpoints at all. He was probably focusing on that distracting challenge shit that the game requires you to do to advance. What a shitty idea, too. Nothing like having a guy on your team just trying to do one irrelevant thing the entire game.

I'm a "generation 4 nerd" and do objective extensively. I prefer well-rounded gameplay actually and love to kill Titans. We're not all stat whores to the bone.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Was playing with one of those generation 4 nerds and all the fucker did was stay in one location and try to rack up pilot kills without contributing to stealing hardpoints at all. He was probably focusing on that distracting challenge shit that the game requires you to do to advance. What a shitty idea, too. Nothing like having a guy on your team just trying to do one irrelevant thing the entire game.

Probably was holding a point. If you sit on cap it ticks 75pts every so often just for being within range. I always do that, gets me plenty of exp and guarantees we don't get 3 capped. I don't see any problem from a team contribution aspect with holding a point the entire round.

I find it works better than just going around in circles capping and losing points over and over and over again.

Rnr1224

seems like the auto-titans are only used as a distraction. most people ive played with can kill them pretty easily as a titan and pilot

Lima

Probably was holding a point. If you sit on cap it ticks 75pts every so often just for being within range. I always do that, gets me plenty of exp and guarantees we don't get 3 capped. I don't see any problem from a team contribution aspect with holding a point the entire round.

I find it works better than just going around in circles capping and losing points over and over and over again.

Yup. If I'm playing with a full team of 6 people I know we always hold two points with three people at each point. That is just how domination works.

Nah, he wasn't though which was why it was annoying. Nothing wrong with making sure a HP isn't captured for a bit. I just wish they'd change the requirements to advance to next-gen

Sean

Banned
What is this crazy talk?

Ugh

Training Grounds is a pretty fun map with Titans, but kinda shitty when playing as a pilot. There's too much open space and not enough cover for pilots, makes it very frustrating on CTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom