• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Hardpoint Domination is awful...

Really, really hate this gametype. Trying to grind out these campaign achievements but I keep gettin matched up with terrible teammates. Not making this any better :mad:

what dont you like about it? its by far my favorite. though i still havent dabbled in ctf

Portman

I played the beta and had lots of fun, gave in and bought it yesterday. At first I was thinking "this isn't as good" to myself during the first 2 hours but now that I've adjusted to it the game is great. Super addicting, have been playing attrition for 4 hours or so.

Blu10

So anyone else have their game look like a near sighted person took off their glasses after regen?... Lasted about 3 lives long. Managed to kill a few people miraculously, but seriously, wtf.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
In a way, I'm glad that the challenges reset every generation because of the XP boost but ideally I would want to keep the challenges that I've unlocked and new challenges exclusive to specific generations would open up (generation 2 unlocks generation 2 challenges which stay for generation 3 but generation 3 has its own set of challenges, etc.).

Even if those next generation challenges are just extensions of the first generation's. It would also add another benefit to regenerating. Also, for TitanFall 2, it would be nice if regenerating unlocked skins for Titans and Pilots and allowed for cosmetic customization options. That would be a pretty cool wall to unlock that stuff behind.

Regardless, I've almost played 20 hours since launch. This game is extremely addictive, extremely fun, and I dare say it does live up to the hype. At least for me.

Shrennin

I hit level 50 on the X1 version and somebody give me a good reason to go the next generation, other than the achievement.

The generation chips that appear beside your name and "bragging" rights are pretty much the only other incentives. Also, you get an XP boost everytime you regen to make getting to level 50 every generation a little quicker than the last.

Shrennin

Perma-stim is the most enjoyable card in the game. The most OP card is easily Map Hack. It's the most broken thing I've seen in a game in quite some time.

I think the most OP cards are the various Titan cards. I had around 5 of them when I reached 50 the first time and I pretty much dominated and set the team back so that they couldn't recover. It's really powerful to use in CTF and Attrition specifically, but it's useful in every gametype (besides maybe Hardpoint Domination). If anyone starts the game with a Titan then it's pretty much game over for the other team, unless they bring a really coordinated effort to take it out and even then the pilot would have to be careless in controlling his or her Titan.

The generation chips that appear beside your name and "bragging" rights are pretty much the only other incentives. Also, you get an XP boost everytime you regen to make getting to level 50 every generation a little quicker than the last.

Yeah I guess. I did go all the way till the 10th prestige for COD4 and really didn't see a point why.

Well I guess this time it is a bit more of a challenge as you have to complete certain tasks before you can hit the next one from Gen 3 and so on. I'm still debating if I should do it.

Hmm....

Shrennin

Whats the point of finishing them if they reset? Do you get a skin or something?

XP is the reason to finish them and the reason they reset - they reset every generation so it's not a pain to get to 50 ten times over.

Yeah I guess. I did go all the way till the 10th prestige for COD4 and really didn't see a point why.

Well I guess this time it is a bit more of a challenge as you have to complete certain tasks before you can hit the next one from Gen 3 and so on. I'm still debating if I should do it.

Hmm....

I say do it. It's not really a huge set-back at all. In about 3 hours of play, I'm already at level 25 in gen 2 (I started at level 1 gen 2 during that play period).

Also, when you regenerate, does the achievement progress reset too? I have 5 "snapped head" executions on pilots and I was wondering if that progress resets too.

Shrennin

Also, when you regenerate, does the achievement progress reset too? I have 5 "snapped head" executions on pilots and I was wondering if that progress resets too.

Based on my achievement lists, it appears they do not. At least my progress hasn't been erased for those types of achievements when I regenerated.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Rapid fire quad is too good though. No other titan weapon is it so satisfying to burst down a full health titan in two seconds flat.

Hip Hop

Have you tried the triple threat? I decided to use it after reading so many people on here say how good it was and I am blown away at how good of a weapon it is. You should definitely give it a shot.

Yeah, I got to give it another go. Only used it for a few rounds and wasn't really feeling it. I'm more of Pilot killer though, so the chaingun suits me well. I guess I have to change it up a little bit.

Zeliard

I think the most OP cards are the various Titan cards. I had around 5 of them when I reached 50 the first time and I pretty much dominated and set the team back so that they couldn't recover. It's really powerful to use in CTF and Attrition specifically, but it's useful in every gametype (besides maybe Hardpoint Domination). If anyone starts the game with a Titan then it's pretty much game over for the other team, unless they bring a really coordinated effort to take it out and even then the pilot would have to be careless in controlling his or her Titan.

I think the reserve Titans are very strong particularly in Attrition.

But Map Hack is just crazy. It gives you the ability to see every enemy in your area, which not only makes it super easy to kill them with no risk, but also makes it much easier to plan out certain routes.

It's honestly a silly card and I don't think it should be in the game. Unlike the Titan cards, there's no real counter to the Map Hack card if the player using it is halfway competent.

40mm > Triple IMO, far more versatile.

I still prefer Chaingun in gametypes that aren't LTS. It's excellent at cutting down pilots, including the pesky ones who hound you from rooftops. And with the Accelerator + Damage Core + Rocket Salvo, you can inflict a significant amount of damage on other Titans in a short time, especially by targeting critical sections.

What is the equivalent of dpad up on PC?

But Map Hack is just crazy. It gives you the ability to see every enemy in your area, which not only makes it super easy to kill them with no risk, but also makes it much easier to plan out certain routes.

It's honestly a silly card and I don't think it should be in the game. Unlike the Titan cards, there's no real counter to the Map Hack card if the player using it is halfway competent.

I still prefer Chaingun in gametypes that aren't LTS. It's excellent at cutting down pilots, including the pesky ones who hound you from rooftops. And with the Accelerator + Damage Core + Rocket Salvo, you can inflict a significant amount of damage on other Titans in a short time, especially by targeting critical sections.

Map hack is ludicrous. I used it once on colony and kept b the entire game. Went something like 20:1

Shrennin

Yeah, Map Hack is definitely an OP card, I'm definitely not going to deny that. You're also right that there is no real counter to it either - and couple that with suppressor and the stealth kit and I definitely see your point.

I also assume that the Reserve Titan cards will become more manageable for opposing teams once players realize how to effectively take down a Titan. As it is now though, I don't even lose my Titan for entire matches. Even against other Titans.

Just had the best Last Titan Standing match. We got our asses kicked in the first 3 rounds and somehow managed to comeback and win. So stressful. Both teams were really nice in text chat. Kind of a rarity these days.

18 hours played and it's still fun as hell.

Forkball

Anyone else's FPS jumping all over the place? Sometimes it will be a stable 60, then go down to 30, then anywhere in between that. I didn't think a Source engine game would be so taxing.

This game really is a lot of fun if the teams are even but god damn these complete one sided matches are far too frequent. I'd say 9/10 matches ends up being something like 100-400(Hardpoint) and win or lose it's becoming very boring this way.

I apologize if this question has been asked, but is there a way to not press Z when you want to talk? I'm using an xbox controller on PC, and I find it very annoying that i have to do that to talk to my friend. Thanks in advanced.

fernoca

Weird thing I've noticed..
I have a digital copy on Xbox One, everything's great but over the last hour I had this thing were the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds here and there.

Don't know if it's the connection or the download...or something; any ideas?

Cloak is very meh vs pilots. Sometimes at a distance it tends to work though, but the advantage is small. I think the cloak's best use is to get by the turrets and avoid titans in a tight situation. Having the turrets ignore you is pretty useful in CTF and sometimes you have to move across their line of fire.

I think radar pulse and stim are both better than cloak in most situations. Radar pulse is best for taking out those campers that are hiding 5 ft from the flag, or in other situations where camping is useful like sniping. Stim is just the best movement boost option in the game as well as helping you survive a bit better.

I also don't think minion detector is worth taking outside of attrition and maybe last pilot standing. The grunts/spectres tend to be where pilots and fighting is happening so you can kinda find pilots by following the grunts in last pilot standing.

I don't use suppressor on weapons since the damage/range drops too much. I'd rather deal by being aware of my surroundings which you have to do anyway.

Pepiope

I have a digital copy on Xbox One, everything's great but over the last hour I had this thing were the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds here and there.

I have the game digitally on XB1 as well, and I haven't had this problem.

Etnos

Banned
I'd go with the Xbox. My lower back is the same sometimes. Comfort is the most important thing to me while gaming.

Yeah, I'll be settling on the xbone and in lvl 22 in my second gen already. I can't stand long sessions on pc these days... plus I work most of the day on a Mac anyway.

Etnos

Banned

Mmm weird I have the digital version as well, It has frizzed on me a couple of times but nothing like that, no random black screens.

It hasn't happened a lot but it has happened to me also, sometimes it stays black for 10-15secs.

I installed from a disc and activated the digital version afterwards to avoid the download. Not sure if digital/physical plays apart or something else.

Izuna

Banned
I think the IMC team I'm against are getting very annoyed. Since I started playing 2 hours ago they haven't come close to winning,

I got something similar where the screen went black and stay like that. Had to restarted the console. Oh and my is a physical copy

Zeliard

Cloak is very meh vs pilots. Sometimes at a distance it tends to work though, but the advantage is small. I think the cloak's best use is to get by the turrets and avoid titans in a tight situation. Having the turrets ignore you is pretty useful in CTF and sometimes you have to move across their line of fire.

I think radar pulse and stim are both better than cloak in most situations. Radar pulse is best for taking out those campers that are hiding 5 ft from the flag, or in other situations where camping is useful like sniping. Stim is just the best movement boost option in the game as well as helping you survive a bit better.

I use stim on every loadout. I love the added mobility it offers in general - often using it in tandem with Power Cell - and it also allows you to escape dangerous situations and create ambushes. Haven't tried the actual radar pulse ability on loadouts but I have messed with the card versions and didn't really like them much. I find it more distracting than helpful.

I also don't see much value with cloak. It isn't very effective against other pilots since you can still be seen pretty clearly. And against Titans the best strategy as a pilot is to harass them from rooftops with something like Arc Grenades and the Mag Launcher, or rodeo them then smash them with a titanfall, and you don't really need cloak for either of those things (especially when you can just use stim to quickly sprint to a safe location).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom