• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
CTF + Infinite Arc Mines + Camping Base = ez wins

Guesong

Hot damn.

The Permanent Stim burn card is insane. Got into a Lagoon Hardpoint match and I was pretty frustrated on my third death that I considered BS. Burned the card.

Proceeded to mount a comeback and never die once again while getting 15 + pilot kills.

Good thing it's a rare one.

Dub117

Which anti-Titan weapon for pilots are you all using most?
Archer rocket or the charge rifle thing. The archer seems to do more damage under the shields where the charge takes the shields off better then sucks after.

All run n gun isnt accurate at all is it?

And is the car good enough to use over the carbine? I suck without sights on it. Should o wait it out and upgrade?

Reached level 25

Maybe because I spent a lot of time on the beta but I am not itching to have that "one more match " feeling anymore. My enthusiasm has drained somewhat. I think I'm bored of first person shooters and it's starting to feel tedious.

I don't think it's a bad game by any means and I wish Respawn all the success as I like the people who are there but it's not the "woah" game I perhaps thought during my first few hours of the beta.

Visually it's a disappointing although the sound design is bloody fantastic. I honestly can't see why Microsoft put such a huge push into this single title, I'm playing it and getting a decent k/d ratio and not feeling a major buzz at all. I can certainly understand the 8/10 reviews.

If these are the sort of games Microsoft are going to be pushing then perhaps Xbox isn't for me this generation. I'll see what the likes of Quantum Break is like however as I'm a big fan of Remedy.

Timu

iU0sDWJxqrqT9.png

This looks wrong.o_O

Hot damn.

The Permanent Stim burn card is insane. Got into a Lagoon Hardpoint match and I was pretty frustrated on my third death that I considered BS. Burned the card.

Proceeded to mount a comeback and never die once again while getting 15 + pilot kills.

Good thing it's a rare one.

It's the most OP card in the game. I went nuts with it too the one time I got it.

I'm kinda annoyed they scored in this game, but I guess I couldn't be everywhere. I did kill the carrier about a second after he touched the plate, though.

ctffallsc28.jpg

Shotgun challenges done. Just missing a few 40mm Titan kills and I can remember what other weapons feel like.

Hot damn.

The Permanent Stim burn card is insane.
Yeah one of my lives for the CTF game above was pemastim, and I think I got from one end of the map to the other with the flag in <10 seconds.

Zeliard

Eh? I've been dropping people more often at range with this than than the 101.

CAR SMG has grown on me - especially on a loadout with Counterweight, Stim, and Run-N-Gun - but I still think Carbine is the best weapon in the game. It's very solid at every range, strong on every map, and at a distance it has almost no recoil to speak of. It's like shooting a long-distance lightning gun. And you can easily put a suppressor on it without losing much.

I've also grown quite fond of the G2A4 with the Match Trigger upgrade. That thing is a lot of fun.

It's the most OP card in the game. I went nuts with it too the one time I got it.

Perma-stim is the most enjoyable card in the game. The most OP card is easily Map Hack. It's the most broken thing I've seen in a game in quite some time.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
My biggest issue with the game is performance on XB1.... and before I get hit with "Just play on PC" etc, I feel the next gen console should be able to handle the game better than it is at the moment.

Hopefully a patch can sort things a bit - screen tearing/janky FPS is quite common at the moment.

In great news though, my sub 70ms ping now that the Aussie servers are live is much better than the 170ms I was getting to Singapore before, huzzah!

Tokubetsu

CAR SMG has grown on me - especially on a loadout with Counterweight, Stim, and Run-N-Gun - but I still think Carbine is the best weapon in the game. It's very solid at every range, strong on every map, and at a distance it has almost no recoil to speak of. It's like shooting a long-distance lightning gun. And you can easily put a suppressor on it without losing much.

I've also grown quite fond of the G2A4 with the Match Trigger upgrade. That thing is a lot of fun.

Perma-stim is the most enjoyable card in the game. The most OP card is easily Map Hack. It's the most broken thing I've seen in a game in quite some time.

I use the CAR mainly in shotgun ranges and do well. It drops people quick. The lack of range does hurt though.

Dub117

My biggest issue with the game is performance on XB1.... and before I get hit with "Just play on PC" etc, I feel the next gen console should be able to handle the game better than it is at the moment.

Hopefully a patch can sort things a bit - screen tearing/janky FPS is quite common at the moment.

In great news though, my sub 70ms ping now that the Aussie servers are live is much better than the 170ms I was getting to Singapore before, huzzah!

Yeah a couple of maps drop fps bad on x1. But honestly I can't complain because this is the most fps fun by myself I have had since Halo 3

Tokubetsu

Yeah a couple of maps drop fps bad on x1. But honestly I can't complain because this is the most fps fun by myself I have had since Halo 3

As a PC player, there is something really weird abou their texture work in this game. You need a lot of VRAM to run it decently with okay to good looking textures. Everything I've seen from devs seem to say something about cpu intensive or trying to offload stuff off cpu (all that uncompressed audio) but in practice it seems to just be some texture to memory thing.

How is everyone's performance on Lagoon(PC)? Everytime this map comes up I feel I should just quit out, I get such big drops pretty much constantly. There is only one other map to also cause this, forget it's name though at the moment.

Really loving Angel City at the moment. Great map.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i don't understand how i usually lose hardpoint when, on a team of 6, i am able to hold a position myself virtually the entire round. shouldnt my remaining 5 teammates be able to hold at least 1? mah gawd

Bessy67

So pretty much all the weapon attachments I need to unlock are the "kill x number of specters" type. I've just been playing attrition with the minion detector trying to farm them but it seems to be hit or miss. Is there any better way of doing those challenges?

i don't understand how i usually lose hardpoint when, on a team of 6, i am able to hold a position myself virtually the entire round. shouldnt my remaining 5 teammates be able to hold at least 1? mah gawd

It's generally been my experience that nobody actually plays the objectives in objective matches. They all just run around playing TDM.

As a PC player, there is something really weird abou their texture work in this game. You need a lot of VRAM to run it decently with okay to good looking textures. Everything I've seen from devs seem to say something about cpu intensive or trying to offload stuff off cpu (all that uncompressed audio) but in practice it seems to just be some texture to memory thing.

After Portal 2 and its insane load times, got to assume its a source thing.

So is there a list of fixes/changes Respawn is going to patch into the game in the coming weeks?

My buddies and I have had two main issues come up that seem like simple fixes. First, renaming custom classes. Unless we are all missing something it seems odd that you can't even edit the name of a custom class.

Second, when in a party with friends, why don't you get an arrow or special highlight or something showing you where they are? I can't tell you how many times I've called for help or done my best to respond to a call for help but failed because I don't know where they are.

Hip Hop

question: when going in with a controller for PC version, will I be matched up with other people who are using the controller?

No, plus that would just divide up the community for no good reason.

The controller and mouse have never been more even. If that is what you are worried about.

Kydd BlaZe

Hardpoint Domination is awful...

Really, really hate this gametype. Trying to grind out these campaign achievements but I keep gettin matched up with terrible teammates. Not making this any better :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom