• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

Finally got the campaign wins for IMC and Militia out of the way. My memory failed me at the end, couldn't remember which Militia mission I hadn't won.

Figures, it was the first one :(.

Zeliard

I got lucky with the campaign stuff, looking at other people's posts. I just hit "resume campaign" every time and it always took me back to the proper place.

ajim

Hardpoint Domination is awful...

Really, really hate this gametype. Trying to grind out these campaign achievements but I keep gettin matched up with terrible teammates. Not making this any better :mad:

Hardpoint is my favourite mode. On the other hand, I really dislike CTF.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I think the IMC team I'm against are getting very annoyed. Since I started playing 2 hours ago they haven't come close to winning,

My team was on a 5 hour winning streak once (literally, it took 5 hours and 20 minutes for us to lose even one single game) and I just didn't understand why some people on the other team decided to stay and fight a losing battle.

HelloMeow

You guys are underestimating cloak. It really makes you easy to overlook. Especially when you're moving fast, inconspicuous and don't double jump when you don't have to. It's the jetpack that gives most cloaked people away.

Yes, you can see them easily when you're looking right at them, but if you think that's all there's to it, then you're missing out.

Bizazedo

Anyone on Xbox One want to team up?

Invite. Perfect Izuna

Dangit, figures, just logged out.

Going on a cruise tomorrow for a week and I leave 2nd Gen, level 32. I'm going to get back and everyone's going to be so much better / kicking my ass :(.

You guys are underestimating cloak. It really makes you easy to overlook. Especially when you're moving fast, inconspicuous and don't double jump when you don't have to. It's the jetpack that gives most cloaked people away.

Yes, you can see them easily when you're looking right at them, but if you think that's all there's to it, then you're missing out.

Agreed.

I love stim, but if you use cloak right it helps a lot in giving you that half-second you need to pop someone.

JayEH

Just I just prestiged or regenerated or whatever it's called.

I thought it was funny how it says you're entering a new generation lol. It's getting meta :p

Zeliard

I haven't encountered any cloaked players that didn't stick out like a sore thumb. I find the stealth pack you unlock at level 48 combined with a suppressor to be very effective for getting around inconspicuously. Players are super loud with their footsteps if you're wearing a decent pair of headphones.

And it's not so much that I find cloak totally useless, but that I'm not really interested in giving stim up for it. Stim just adds so much to mobility, and I dig the movement in this game. I get those "perma-cloaked while keeping your tactical ability" cards sometimes and quite enjoy using them.

brerwolfe

Weird thing I've noticed..
I have a digital copy on Xbox One, everything's great but over the last hour I had this thing were the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds here and there.

Don't know if it's the connection or the download...or something; any ideas?
Double check your hdmi cables.

Izuna

Banned
I haven't encountered any cloaked players that didn't stick out like a sore thumb. I find the stealth pack you unlock at level 48 combined with a suppressor to be very effective for getting around inconspicuously. Players are super loud with their footsteps if you're wearing a decent pair of headphones.

And it's not so much that I find cloak totally useless, but that I'm not really interested in giving stim up for it. Stim just adds so much to mobility, and I dig the movement in this game. I get those "perma-cloaked while keeping your tactical ability" cards sometimes and quite enjoy using them.

I agree with you, Cloak is more than useless. Most of the time people cloak and hide at the same time which makes no sense whatsoever. They do it because they know it is very easy to see a cloaked person. Stim let's you escape, get the jump on people, and mount Titan's with ease. Cloak is great vs. Titan's if you want to run out in the open, but you barely ever need to.

Most of my kills on the ground have been people who were cloaked trying to run or hide. Stupid.

HelloMeow

How would you know?

Stim is nice too, but cloak definitely is at least as useful. It's definitely keeping me alive.

E92 M3

I'm on the IMC way too much in this game, hardly ever on Militia side.

I'm often on the militia side lol.

See, now without cloak I feel naked. Tried stim and didn't really think it aided in my playstyle. That said, I naturally play as stealthily as possible in most fps. And this one, I can be a ninja lol.

Pepiope

Anyone use the Stryder titan with the dash quickcharger? I haven't unlocked it yet, but it already seems like it will be great.

Etnos

Banned
rxu1.jpg

mhee, not that impressive but I'm having better numbers than I expected :)

Zeliard

How would you know?

Because I see the stealth outline very easily? Maybe it's a monitor contrast thing. It isn't even remotely inconspicuous.

What gives players away in my experience are three things: their presence on the mini-map, their extremely loud footsteps, and their jet trails. Suppressor + stealth pack kills all three of those things, so if I'm trying to be stealthy I use those in combination with stim to move around quickly and get the jump on people.

Izuna

Banned
About to hit Gen 4. After which I won't play this game as often as I have (work/uni). I feel almost unstoppable in this game. Sometimes I get put into a team losing by nearly 80 points and make the difference in time to end up winning.

I feel like I really use the Titan well in Attrition, but LTS and Hardpoint I'm pretty average. My favourite Burn Cards are:

Shock Rocks -- Infinite Arc Grenades
Automatically Hacking Spectres/Conscription -- tell where Pilots are easily
Map Hack -- obviously

I don't think I have ever been this decent at an FPS before, I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for the free beta.

Abelian75

Neo Member
I'm astonished by how much I'm enjoying this game. I haven't really played a shooter (multiplayer at least) for any considerable length of time since, like, the original half-life and UT days.

I'm playing tomorrow with some friends, and I'm sort of embarrassed by the fact that I'm already level 46. Trying to resist playing and gaining more levels before then.

I will fail to resist.

E92 M3

About to hit Gen 4. After which I won't play this game as often as I have (work/uni). I feel almost unstoppable in this game. Sometimes I get put into a team losing by nearly 80 points and make the difference in time to end up winning.

I feel like I really use the Titan well in Attrition, but LTS and Hardpoint I'm pretty average. My favourite Burn Cards are:

Map Hack -- obviously

I don't think I have ever been this decent at an FPS before, I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for the free beta.

I'm gen 4 too and might stop at 5 -- if it becomes too much bullshit. I don't want these gen requirements to ruin my fun of the game by playing in ways I normally don't. That said this game definitely plays towards my "videogame skills".

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Because I see the stealth outline very easily? Maybe it's a monitor contrast thing. It isn't even remotely inconspicuous.

What gives players away in my experience are three things: their presence on the mini-map, their extremely loud footsteps, and their jet trails. Suppressor + stealth pack kills all three of those things, so if I'm trying to be stealthy I use those in combination with stim to move around quickly and get the jump on people.

Interesting. I'll have to try this out. I'm pretty new to the loadout thing since I never played CoD and its simple enough but I haven't really been able to pick out the dynamite combos.

I use SMG Scatterfire, stimpacks and arc grenades/magcannon.. so I guess I'm going towards brute force.

really wish the map rotations were better. I'm level 48 and I think I just played a map for the first time ever. Also, I fucking hate corporate and training grounds. Just boring

Played TitanFall today and thought it was pretty fun for the first couple matches. After about an hour or so, I got incredibly bored and felt like I experienced everything that game had to offer. I really enjoyed myself for the most part but I'm not sure if I'll purchase the game. FPS might just do nothing for me anymore. :/

HelloMeow

I know that cloaked players are perfectly visible. I'm not saying that they aren't. I'm saying that until you spot them, a cloaked player is way less conspicuous than a non cloaked player.

It's not a contrast thing. Again, I am not saying you can't see them easily. I am saying they are easier to overlook.

Also, stim makes the stealth kit less useful, since everyone can hear that sound it makes.

E92 M3

really wish the map rotations were better. I'm level 48 and I think I just played a map for the first time ever. Also, I fucking hate corporate and training grounds. Just boring

I love both actually -- funny how variable taste can be among us. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the maps provided by this game. Angel City and Smugglers Cove, though...Lockout level.

Card Boy

Banned
I wonder if Respawn will optimize this game or whether we will get arrogant Infinity Ward and they won't do anything besides release DLC.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm 49 and have played Training Grounds once, during a LTS. That's it. I think I've played Overlook maybe 3 times. I didn't play on Lagoon til I was 42. Colony I've seen so many times though.

I love both actually -- funny how variable taste can be among us. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the maps provided by this game. Angel City and Smugglers Cove, though...Lockout level.

oh yeah, the maps are definitely great, but I just seem to get the maps I dislike so frequently!

Nav

Neo Member
Trying to enjoy this game but I'm having a really annoying problem. I'm lagging in every single game mode apart from attrition, I'm talking about 120+ms instead of the normal 20-30ms I should be getting.

Is anyone else having a problem like this? I can't find an answer anywhere. Never happened in the beta.

US West is closest to my location.

Zeliard

Map Hack -- obviously

Shock Rocks is so great. It was one of my favorite cards in the beta as well. Outside of the Amped variations of weapons I really like - especially the Carbine - Shock Rocks and Adrenaline Transfusion (perma-stim) are my favorite burn cards. I also really like Prosthetic Legs (faster pilot movement speed).

Shock Rocks is just so lovely for Titan harassment, and I love the range on arc grenade throws. Feels so satisfying nailing some far-off Titan with one and hearing that sweet sound effect that indicates a hit.

Interesting. I'll have to try this out. I'm pretty new to the loadout thing since I never played CoD and its simple enough but I haven't really been able to pick out the dynamite combos.

I use SMG Scatterfire, stimpacks and arc grenades/magcannon.. so I guess I'm going towards brute force.

The Arc Grenades/Mag Launcher combo is tremendously effective against Titans. A Titan can't really do anything to you if you're on a rooftop out of direct line of sight and just launching shit at them in an arc, with the sole exception of using Triple Threat and lobbing grenades at you, which most Titan pilots don't seem to be doing just yet.

I know that cloaked players are perfectly visible. I'm not saying that they aren't. I'm saying that until you spot them, a cloaked player is way less conspicuous than a non cloaked player.

It's not a contrast thing. Again, I am not saying you can't see them easily. I am saying they are easier to overlook.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree here. You admit that they are "perfectly visible" and you're "not saying you can't see them easily," so you acknowledge that they are perfectly visible and you can see them easily. That is what I was saying, and I don't feel it merits its use over stim against pilots, specifically.

You may be finding it effective now when the game is new, but in 6 months to a year or so when it's mostly vets of the game left, it likely won't be quite as easy to sneak around with it. It's intended mostly as an anti-Titan ability. Contrast it to something like the Infiltrator in Tribes: Ascend.

Izuna

Banned
LMAO at people jumping out of their Titan when I Rodeo them in LTS. Hahahahahahaha I just got like 5 Assists in a row by taking the pilots out leaving their crappy Auto Titans in check.

Izuna

Banned
Shock Rocks is so great. It was one of my favorite cards in the beta as well. Outside of the Amped variations of weapons I really like - especially the Carbine - Shock Rocks and Adrenaline Transfusion (perma-stim) are my favorite burn cards. I also really like Prosthetic Legs (faster pilot movement speed).

Shock Rocks is just so lovely for Titan harassment, and I love the range on arc grenade throws. Feels so satisfying nailing some far-off Titan with one and hearing that sweet sound effect that indicates a hit.

I forgot about the Burn Card that keeps you either Stimmed or Cloacked. Amazing

Trying to enjoy this game but I'm having a really annoying problem. I'm lagging in every single game mode apart from attrition, I'm talking about 120+ms instead of the normal 20-30ms I should be getting.

Is anyone else having a problem like this? I can't find an answer anywhere. Never happened in the beta.

US West is closest to my location.

80ms is the best I've seen for me. In Hawaii, that's a damn blessing.

Izuna

Banned
Have the card that turns you into a specter. Wanna use it. But wanna save it. Lol.

Use it for Pilot Hunter ��

Dude I have to upload at least this one clip where I start LTS, run behind all enemies and Nuclear Explode on them. Instant round win. Phew boy.

HelloMeow

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree here. You admit that they are "perfectly visible" and you're "not saying you can't see them easily," so you acknowledge that they are perfectly visible and you can see them easily. That is what I was saying, and I don't feel it merits its use over stim against pilots, specifically.
I don't know. I'm just saying cloak is underestimated.

You may be finding it effective now when the game is new, but in 6 months to a year or so when it's mostly vets of the game left, it likely won't be quite as easy to sneak around with it. It's intended mostly as an anti-Titan ability. Contrast it to something like the Infiltrator in Tribes: Ascend.
I can't wait to see how the way this game is played will evolve. Especially what the game will be like when more people start using the walls.

Have the card that turns you into a specter. Wanna use it. But wanna save it. Lol.

I had 7 of them at one point. None of them did any good really :(

Izuna

Banned
Level 49, so close to my Gen 4 goal. Gunna be testing Guardian Chip in LTS and see how it goes. Unlimited Satchels is probably the best in LTS. This game has so much to it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hardpoint B on the Corporate headquarters map is actually really awesome. I was avoiding it most of the match because 3 titans just get inside of it and its chaos. BUT! You can just run around the walls, lol. Its awesome. If you get good at wallrunning and chaining your jumps you can just traverse the entire room constantly moving without ever touching the ground. Its a lot fun.

Auto-Titans frustrate me, especially Auto-Titans equipped with the 3 shot beachball mines. Its crazy, I was just chillin' checking out the graphics until I realized it was just an aimless AI controlled explosion making machine. I mean, I don't know what they would do with your titan other than that but it was a realization wish I hadn't made.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Is there a meaningful amount if people playing this on PC to provide non-hardcore matches? I am kinda tempted to get it on PC but am a bit worried that people doing so are only the hardest of hardcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom