• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a meaningful amount if people playing this on PC to provide non-hardcore matches? I am kinda tempted to get it on PC but am a bit worried that people doing so are only the hardest of hardcore.
Seems cool for me so far. I actually just had a match where a guy was actively saying "FPSes are hard, sorry I'm so bad" etc..

The game is pretty accessible and the audience seems to reflect that. Also it has more graphics.

Zeliard

I don't know. I'm just saying cloak is underestimated.

That's totally cool. And hey, if it's working for you, awesome. I saw the stats you posted earlier and if nothing else, it does seem to help keep you from getting killed. :)

And who knows, you may be right about cloak. It will be interesting to see if the meta develops such that cloak becomes a core ability to certain competitive playstyles.

I can't wait to see how the way this game is played will evolve. Especially what the game will be like when more people start using the walls.

What I'm really curious to see is how much the sniper rifle starts to figure in, if at all. Right now in pubs, very few people seem to be using it. If we ever get stats on weapon usage publicized, I'd be very surprised if the sniper rifles don't have by far the lowest total usage.

But in the hands of a strong aimer and someone with good awareness - and more importantly a strong, communicative team - it could be a very useful weapon on some maps and game types. A sniper could potentially be quite good at not only hitting critical targets but also making important spots for the rest of his team, given a good vantage point. So I'm curious if we'll see teams using them in competition.

Dub117

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree here. You admit that they are "perfectly visible" and you're "not saying you can't see them easily," so you acknowledge that they are perfectly visible and you can see them easily. That is what I was saying, and I don't feel it merits its use over stim against pilots, specifically.

You may be finding it effective now when the game is new, but in 6 months to a year or so when it's mostly vets of the game left, it likely won't be quite as easy to sneak around with it. It's intended mostly as an anti-Titan ability. Contrast it to something like the Infiltrator in Tribes: Ascend.
I somewhat agree. At this point in TF, though, cloak is very effective. Coming from a non COD or BF player, I play Halo for FPS, stim doesn't help me a lot. Cloak plus wall hanging I have used to kill quite a few pilots. I think is has to do with the style of play. Which makes Titanfall that more amazing, it is a FPS for very different styles rolled into one. My two cents.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Trying to enjoy this game but I'm having a really annoying problem. I'm lagging in every single game mode apart from attrition, I'm talking about 120+ms instead of the normal 20-30ms I should be getting.

Is anyone else having a problem like this? I can't find an answer anywhere. Never happened in the beta.

US West is closest to my location.

San Diego Time Warner to US West. When it's good, it's 20-30ms and plays fantastic... but most of the time it hasn't :(

Etnos

Banned
Is there a meaningful amount if people playing this on PC to provide non-hardcore matches? I am kinda tempted to get it on PC but am a bit worried that people doing so are only the hardest of hardcore.

I have 15 hours on xbone and 5 hours on PC. Game feels faster more precise on PC, but you can say the same about every other cross platform shooter.

I find more annoying that you constantly find organised groups, being on a PC is easier for people to put out a party with buddies on team speak. Which is good or bad depending on what you want or if you have people to play with.

Otherwise yeah.. just playing alone PC is a bit more frustrating IMO, the skill gap feels stepper.

But in the hands of a strong aimer and someone with good awareness - and more importantly a strong, communicative team - it could be a very useful weapon on some maps and game types. A sniper could potentially be quite good at not only hitting critical targets but also making important spots for the rest of his team, given a good vantage point. So I'm curious if we'll see teams using them in competition.

In game mode like CTF a sniper could make a huge difference.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I have 15 hours on xbone and 5 hours on PC. Game feels faster more precise on PC, but you can say the same about every other cross platform shooter.

I find more annoying that you constantly find organised groups, being on a PC is easier for people to put out a party with buddies on team speak. Which is good or bad depending on what you want or if you have people to play with.

Otherwise yeah.. just playing alone PC is a bit more frustrating IMO, the skill gap feels stepper.

Hmmm... Will have to think this through.

Zeliard

I think you should have a good time. Right now the experience gap is fairly wide, as players of all sorts are getting into it.

If you're concerned about more of the strict skill-based stuff like aiming and movement, there are game types where you can do a lot more to help your team out than just killing things.

I haven't played MP-FPS since CoD4, and I'm finding it pretty accessible so far.

I love the random chatter between grunts, especially when they react to something you do. Yesterday I rodeo-killed an auto-titan and heard one of the grunts say 'did you see how he took out that titan? One day I'm going to finish my training and become a pilot just like him'. Poor guy has no idea his only purpose is to shave off 2 sec from my titan building time.

HelloMeow

That's totally cool. And hey, if it's working for you, awesome. I saw the stats you posted earlier and if nothing else, it does seem to help keep you from getting killed. :)

And who knows, you may be right about cloak. It will be interesting to see if the meta develops such that cloak becomes a core ability to certain competitive playstyles.
I doubt it will become more useful when more people know more about the maps, routes and audio ques, but for now people really don't notice me flanking them.
What I'm really curious to see is how much the sniper rifle starts to figure in, if at all. Right now in pubs, very few people seem to be using it. If we ever get stats on weapon usage publicized, I'd be very surprised if the sniper rifles don't have by far the lowest total usage.

I'm not sure. On the one hand they could become a threat to people sticking to popular routes. On the other, it might be too easy to avoid getting hit by single shot weapons compared to the other weapons.

Montresor

My team was on a 5 hour winning streak once (literally, it took 5 hours and 20 minutes for us to lose even one single game) and I just didn't understand why some people on the other team decided to stay and fight a losing battle.

What do you mean "your team"?

I am guessing this game doesn't shuffle teammates from match to match? Utter bullshit if so.

I'm up to level 25 but i don't think Ive ever played a long enough session yet to notice if teammates get shuffled.

Montresor

I'm enjoying the game very much, but:

1) How did this ship without private lobbies? Insane...

2) The campaign is stupid. What is up with the "Resume campaign" button being the only selectable option? I cant replay the first level manually? Ive already forgotten what happened in the first mission.

The above two points are souring an otherwise stellar experience.

Kyzon

I'm enjoying the game very much, but:

1) How did this ship without private lobbies? Insane...

2) The campaign is stupid. What is up with the "Resume campaign" button being the only selectable option? I cant replay the first level manually? Ive already forgotten what happened in the first mission.

The above two points are souring an otherwise stellar experience.

Just click on the campaign mission you want. I don't think you have to finish it to choose.

Loving this so far. I'm not horrible at a FPS for once.

What do you guys do about the grunts and specters? Is it better to leave them be as to not give your location away or is there a significant advantage to taking them out?

Loving this so far. I'm not horrible at a FPS for once.

What do you guys do about the grunts and specters? Is it better to leave them be as to not give your location away or is there a significant advantage to taking them out?

Hack specters and watch as the army grows and follows you. I got up to 7 so far. Quite funny watching them follow me around the map.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
88cZx0P.png

11 fucking titan kills from THREE titans.
I swear to christ I went full new type.

malfcn

The amped weapons that add scanner effects boggle my mind. Especially the ones that show the positions of pilots that's off by a second or two. It's cool looking but throws me off.

I wish you could select favourite burn cards and have them visible before all of the others. There are some amped variants that I just delete straight away and have to sift through in order to find what I want. Also it could delete your disliked cards whenever new ones are added.

Izuna

Banned
Gen 4 Stats - 26 Hours

kVMrHeM.jpg

My KD was harmed by LTS but it's very close to what it was anyway. I'd like to thank Respawn for making the one game I'm not terrible at. Time to stop playing until my coursework is done.

#TeamMilitia

tauke

I wonder if you board an evac ship, can you die while inside of it from other Pilot or Titan? I got a silly match where 3 enemy pilots somewhat ended up outside of the evac ship entry and I kill all three of them as I not receiving damage.

Really random lol.

Hoy, I think this has been asked a bunch, but is there some kind of spreadsheet for PC players' IDs? I think I've had enough of playing solely with randoms, and none of my buddies are playing this on PC.

Since you're already reading this, my Origin ID is Marco_Z_Cannon.
I wonder if you board an evac ship, can you die while inside of it from other Pilot or Titan? I got a silly match where 3 enemy pilots somewhat ended up outside of the evac ship entry and I kill all three of them as I not receiving damage.

Really random lol.
Nope. I've unloaded whole clips into guys and they just wait for me to reload and then pop me in the head while all cozy in the dropship. You're invincible unless the dropship explodes.

Just bought it, now to download 50gb... ( .__.)

What is GAF opinion so far? Better than the beta? The hype was real?

On the bright side, it's only a 21GB download on PC and 16GB on XB1.

The game definitely has some bugs but on the gameplay and awesome fun side, this game lives up to the hype IMO.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
On the bright side, it's only a 21GB download on PC and 16GB on XB1.

The game definitely has some bugs but on the gameplay and awesome fun side, this game lives up to the hype IMO.

Really? Its saying 50gb on my Origin download, unless that's actually space occupied on the hard drive?

Why are there no private lobbies? I have a big group of friends and we can't play each other. I don't even care if the private lobbies don't give XP; it's an essential part of a MP game that Titanfall lacks. Super disappointing.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Probably was holding a point. If you sit on cap it ticks 75pts every so often just for being within range. I always do that, gets me plenty of exp and guarantees we don't get 3 capped. I don't see any problem from a team contribution aspect with holding a point the entire round.

I find it works better than just going around in circles capping and losing points over and over and over again.

Same. Sometimes it's frustrating sitting on a point and seeing the others not being taken, but if I make a run for it, inevitably the one I was holding will be taken. So no point running around. I think in the early game you could probably leave the closest base unguarded while you push for the others, but I wish other players would do objectives more - so often I'm on my own when you could have two on each point

Same. Sometimes it's frustrating sitting on a point and seeing the others not being taken, but if I make a run for it, inevitably the one I was holding will be taken. So no point running around. I think in the early game you could probably leave the closest base unguarded while you push for the others, but I wish other players would do objectives more - so often I'm on my own when you could have two on each point
Sadly, I've found this to be the case as well. On PC not a lot of people bother using their mics, so coordinating is a pain in the butt. So I sit and rack up stupidly high K/D ratios defending one point (in good matches anyway...) yet lose in the end.

The completionist in me thinks this game should have a section for challenge completion that doesn't get reset. They can still reset the challenges when you go next gen so you get the XP bonuses again but then in the main menu or something you can view a global challenge section that keeps track of everything you've completed throughout your gens.

Just me?

Level 46. Gonna go walk the dog to take a break then try push for 50. Want to reach Gen 2 before going back to work tomorrow as I don't think I will have much time during the week to play.

The completionist in me thinks this game should have a section for challenge completion that doesn't get reset. They can still reset the challenges when you go next gen so you get the XP bonuses again but then in the main menu or something you can view a global challenge section that keeps track of everything you've completed throughout your gens.

Just me?

Level 46. Gonna go walk the dog to take a break then try push for 50. Want to reach Gen 2 before going back to work tomorrow as I don't think I will have much time during the week to play.

Yeah, doing the challenges all over again is useless in progressing. Easier to get extra easy XP but still, no need for it to reset. Im currently Gen 2 level 43.

Izuna

Banned
Man, just spent a few hours looking for something other than Titanfall to do before I start work... I have nothing. :( Looks like I saved up my hype and money for FFX-2 for nothing because I don't feel like playing anything else anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom