• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

You do. Thats why theres a perk which makes your steps unheard and stealthy. Check it out.

Yeah, it only makes your footsteps silent and the jump exhaust invisibile.

It also wouldn't make sense to have you show up on the map for running, when that is what Titanfall is promoting.

Izuna

Banned
You do. Thats why theres a perk which makes your steps unheard and stealthy. Check it out.

You don't, not even if you're stimmed. The perk removes the noise and makes the jetpack invisible. Some people get greedy and try to snap a pilot's neck instead of shooting, I hear them and turn around and grab the kill. That's what the perk is for.

Fun fact, boosting with a Titan makes you show up.

Milennia

What causes you to appear on the map? Shooting obviously. Walking? Sprinting? Cloaked shooting?

Shooting sans a suppressor/burn cards and if a minion sees you.
Cant tell you how many times i have ran into a minion without cloak and they have marked me, only to die seconds later.

Bydobob

Anyone notice more and more players using the auto pistol? Gave it a go for the first time and found it stupidly easy so put it away - it felt dirty. I know it's there to give players with controllers a chance but they went too far. Firing while jumping or wall-running is so much easier plus there's the added advantage it doesn't make a much noise. I really think Respawn need to look at this in an update. Maybe reduce the effective range or limit the XP gained for auto pistol kills.

Milennia

Anyone notice more and more players using the auto pistol? Gave it a go for the first time and found it stupidly easy so put it away - it felt dirty. I know it's there to give players with controllers a chance but they went too far. Firing while jumping or wall-running is so much easier plus there's the added advantage it doesn't make a much noise. I really think Respawn need to look at this in an update. Maybe reduce the effective range or limit the XP gained for auto pistol kills.

I was using it for the gen 4 reqs-gen 5.
Against players that aren't bad, its bad.
If you miss one or two shots, you just lost the fight.
If you can get the jump on someone, sure you can kill just fine with it, but 1vs1 you need to land every shot relatively.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So pretty much all the weapon attachments I need to unlock are the "kill x number of specters" type. I've just been playing attrition with the minion detector trying to farm them but it seems to be hit or miss. Is there any better way of doing those challenges?

IMC deploys quite a few specters in the campaign missions. Just play a few of them as Militia.

Lima

Yep, I posted a few pages back that people with dung connections seem to get the jump on people with better ones.

It is also harder to hit them. I have seen people use it actively as a sort of cheat. They change data centers to get a worse connection.

They should have just made it so that you can only connect to the nearest (or maybe the two nearest) data centers.

I was using it for the gen 4 reqs-gen 5.
Against players that aren't bad, its bad.
If you miss one or two shots, you just lost the fight.
If you can get the jump on someone, sure you can kill just fine with it, but 1vs1 you need to land every shot relatively.
Yeah, not looking forward to this. I think I've used it for <2 minutes in my first 20 hours or so. :p

Rayme

Why are there no private lobbies? I have a big group of friends and we can't play each other. I don't even care if the private lobbies don't give XP; it's an essential part of a MP game that Titanfall lacks. Super disappointing.

They're coming soon, in a free update. Didn't make the cut for launch, but we're looking forward to having them too.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It is also harder to hit them. I have seen people use it actively as a sort of cheat. They change data centers to get a worse connection.

They should have just made it so that you can only connect to the nearest (or maybe the two nearest) data centers.

It's mostly to allow you to play with who you want, would be kinda bullshit to have friends on origin or Xbox and be unable to play together because of a region lock.

Also it's pointless either way as a lot of people just have bad connections which that won't help at all.

Izuna

Banned
I play almost 50/50 East US and West Europe where I get bad and good connection respectively. Bad connection makes the G2A4 useless as well as the 40mm... I can't say I've noticed it making things easier.

Rourkey

After seeing the infamous second son tv add for 4th time this morning it just dawned on me that I haven't seen a Titanfall advert yet at all, strange thought MS would really push it

BradC00

It's mostly to allow you to play with who you want, would be kinda bullshit to have friends on origin or Xbox and be unable to play together because of a region lock.

Also it's pointless either way as a lot of people just have bad connections which that won't help at all.

eh, i got called poor on XB1 after i wrecked a guy because I have a 1 bar. My bad that I'm stationed in South Korea and like to play with my friends in the states. I asked if Im jumping around after seeing a 2 bar guy teleporting, my buddies said I looked fine.

red731

They're coming soon, in a free update. Didn't make the cut for launch, but we're looking forward to having them too.

Hello there and thanks for giving the question regarding the lobbies.

Were you thinking about some unninstaler, that would get rid of uncompressed audio for languages people don't use to reduce game space on HDDs?

Dammit, I feel like I've lost my edge. Then again, the map I just played on was one I hadn't seen before, so that might have something to do with it, but still.

Did unlock the LMG, that thing eats Titans for breakfast. Killed six.

Nokterian

I am done for now i love the game but the microstuttering and hit detection is putting me now right off. Respawn needs to fix this asap because it's no fun when playing it this way.

It's what it's best for. I can't imagine the sheer terror of seeing my Titan's health bar get eaten that fast.

Yeah, the moment you get caught out in the open by a Pilot, you're dead. The LMG's terrible for anything but killing titans and mid-range combat.

Switched back to my CAR, and maybe I haven't lost my edge after all. CAR + Radar Pulse (or whatever it's called) is awesome.

mp_training_ground000rtkdt.jpg

On the whole, the game is pretty good at avoiding the "bullshit death"-thing that got me so tired of post-Reach Halo multiplayer, but it has its moments. This one guy with a Smart Pistol I'm chasing cloaks and hides behind a wall, and when I spot him I start shooting him. I don't give him time to lock on, so he just cheeses me with a jump kick while I'm pumping him full of bullets. The melee feels so cheap in this game, especially when you're used to something like Halo where only an assassination is a one hit kill. Getting your neck snapped when someone gets the drop on you is fine. Getting killed by someone's foot while you're perforating the rest of his body, less so.

I'd say that and the shotty are my main two problems with the game.

Sadly, I've found this to be the case as well. On PC not a lot of people bother using their mics, so coordinating is a pain in the butt. So I sit and rack up stupidly high K/D ratios defending one point (in good matches anyway...) yet lose in the end.
I'm really enjoying this game but yeah, the lack of (non mic) communication is quite disappointing. The last team based fps I really played, Quake Wars, had a really cool automated key based dialogue system where you could let your team mates know what you were doing or what you wanted to do (e.g. Attack Point B, Defend Point etc...) and it made team work so much more viable even without microphones.

(Holy shit, Quake Wars was 7 years ago. 0_0 )

Marco1

Great game but the screen tearing and frame rate are turning me off on xbone.
Maybe titanfall 2 on PS4 or xbonewill be where I settle in to this franchise.

Ahaha, I was just in a game where the Milita team were screaming about the IMC being 'communists'. I set them straight on the game's politics, and one of them told me he was destroying their fighting spirit.

What? This is rubbish! 1v1 duels I always die to a better connection player.

I think the image above is evidence above. Every time I get a questionable death and check the scoreboard their connection is always lower than mine. I've just played 5 games of Hardpoint and the guy on our team, lvl 11 was scoring ~4000 defence points every game and about a 6:1 K/D ratio - 1 bar connection.

There must be some heavy interpolation going on, though, as animation looks fine but the way I've been killed most certainly is not.

Damn. Didn't hit 50. 13k XP away from 49. Oh well, I got a few hours tomorrow which should get me there then thats it till next weekend. Challenges really start to slow down after 40. Maybe I should re-visit the Hemlock or whatever it is and get some quick easy challenges to speed it up. Have only enjoyed the R-101, SMG and CAR so far though. And the shotgun but I am not very effective with it.

I haven't had much problem with melee, but my two main problems would be shotgun and the see-through-walls perk.

To add to this (some thoughts I got after playing a match):

– I don't like how pilots carrying flags can get in their Titans and run away. In the context of the game's gameplay, it just seems hugely unfair. If I'm the closest one to an opponent carrying the flag in her Titan, and I'm still only a pilot, I can't do much about it in terms of keeping pace and power to take the Titan down.

– Most of the guns in this game I find boring to use. I have one more primary weapon to unlock – I've just unlocked the LMG – and most of the other guns are either too ineffective or plain un-fun to use. The weapons I do like currently are the CAR, Hemlock, the other SMG, the shotgun, and...um...that other really useful gun. Whatever it's called. I've forgotten! It's kind of like an assault rifle. Anyway, the rest of the primary guns are take or leave. It's the same situation with the Titan primary weapons. The only one I find that's all around effective is the chain-gun.

wbarreda

I was just curious. I haven't seen anyone post how sucky they are at the game.

I have moments of greatness, 11 kills and 1 to 2 deaths, but most of the time I tend to suck, 2 kills and 5 to 6 deaths.

I like this game because the times I only got 1 or 2 kills I still felt like I contributed to the team by killing bots or titans while in battlefiled it just led to frustration.

Bizazedo

So before I get on this cruise ship I have to ask. Has anyone done well with the Ogre? Atlas I do well with. Stryder I do well with. Ogre? Not so much.

I have tried a lot (and separately have even gotten decent with the rail gun) but just can't find a good way to use that slow ass mech.

Finished all the Gen 2 challenges, switched my loadouts to something more interesting... and my K/D fell off a cliff for five games. Need to get used to playing not like a shotgun maniac.

Bessy67

So before I get on this cruise ship I have to ask. Has anyone done well with the Ogre? Atlas I do well with. Stryder I do well with. Ogre? Not so much.

I have tried a lot (and separately have even gotten decent with the rail gun) but just can't find a good way to use that slow was mech.

Yeah, I suck with Ogre. I don't think it gets enough of a health boost to make up for only having one dash. It's definitely the titan I go down fastest in.

I have tried a lot (and separately have even gotten decent with the rail gun) but just can't find a good way to use that slow ass mech.

I've all but used the default Ogre exclusively. Tanks enough damage and has the nuke core for wiping people out.

Hip Hop

It's my go-to Titan at the moment.

I use the Titans primarily for Pilot killing (Playing Pilot Hunter pretty much 99 percent of the time) so it comes in handy as I can take more damage than the other chassis.

Sometimes a Titan is head-on in front of me, and other Pilots try to join in on taking me down and it gives me enough time to focus on them with my Chaingun. Yeah, it's pretty slow but the benefits of taking more damage outweigh the cons for me. If I have to take down a Titan, I can do a good job at as well. Have taken multiple Titans out with it too, which I'm sure it came from the damage resistance.

Woo-Fu

Banned

You have to build the ogre for brawling if you want it to shine.

40mm+extended mag
Electric Smoke
Rocket Salvo
Whichever Tier 1 kit you like
Big Punch

Use your smoke offensively, especially in tight quarters.
Punch titans back into the smoke or off cliffs.

The key to the Ogre is making your shots count. If you don't like the 40mm then use the shield wall and triple threat. People are either going to try to get through the wall which means you punch the shit out of them or they're going to try to run away through your grenade spam.

You have to build the ogre for brawling if you want it to shine.

40mm+extended mag
Electric Smoke
Rocket Salvo
Whichever Tier 1 kit you like
Big Punch

Use your smoke offensively, especially in tight quarters.
Punch titans back into the smoke or off cliffs.
Yeah, this is what I'd advise, but maybe with cluster missile. I got the 40mm challenges for Gen 3 exclusively in an Ogre.

DSmalls84

Great game even if I suck lol (.9 k/d ratio :( ). Anyone have any tips? Switching weapons for challenges but mostly using a Stryder and triple threat for titan loadout. I mainly use the rc, smart pistol, car and hemlock as a pilot.

Hip Hop

I really wonder how many people bought the game on PC.

Pilot Hunter is empty at the moment, it forced me to play Attrition and it only took a second to find one.

It seems like Call of Duty on PC (where the population is less than 8,000 or less at any time).

It will take a while (or sometimes never) to find a game in unpopular game modes, but Team Deathmatch is always there.

Yea I don't feel like it really is that much stronger than the atlas truly, it seems to take about same amount of damage. Only time ogre truly feels more powerful is when your shield core power is available to use on it, then yea you get a temp protection boost.

E92 M3

The completionist in me thinks this game should have a section for challenge completion that doesn't get reset. They can still reset the challenges when you go next gen so you get the XP bonuses again but then in the main menu or something you can view a global challenge section that keeps track of everything you've completed throughout your gens.

Just me?

Level 46. Gonna go walk the dog to take a break then try push for 50. Want to reach Gen 2 before going back to work tomorrow as I don't think I will have much time during the week to play.

Me too actually. Sad to see challenges reset. I would like some global ones to keep track of my progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom