• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wonder how many people bought the game on PC.

Pilot Hunter is empty at the moment, it forced me to play Attrition and it only took a second to find one.

It seems like Call of Duty on PC (where the population is less than 8,000 or less at any time).

It will take a while (or sometimes never) to find a game in unpopular game modes, but Team Deathmatch is always there.

It probably doesn't help that for a lot of PC gamers if it isn't on steam then it might as well not exist. Also when you're spoiled by steam sales and indie bundles then even discounted day one pricing can be a tough pill to swallow especially if it means signing up for Origin.

Personally I'm a little wary of how long the PC TF community would last considering Microsoft's and EA's track record in shutting things down. Letting players host their own servers would've gone a long way in making sure it sticks around and made for nicer tight knit groups to boot. Oh well, the wait for a good sale continues.

Ran Ran

When did the Hemlock become a one shot kill? Am I missing something? I am clearly getting killed by one body shot by the Hemlock.

Forkball

Level 38, here's a minireview of what I think so far.

+The mobility is fantastic. While there are obvious routes for wall running and what not in maps, I was surprised that pretty much everything is suitable for parkouring and you can make some really creative paths. This is really highlighted in Capture the Flag, which is extremely fast paced and intense.
+The Titans are an excellent gameplay addition and I really look forward to calling one down each match. They have a lot of interesting attacks and serve as a good counterbalance to the fast paced pilot gameplay. I don't think I'll ever get tired of crawling into a Titan and watch the monitor come online.
+The maps are really well-made and manage to balance both pilots and titans very well. So far there hasn't been a map I dread (though I hate getting to the glass tunnel in Corporate). They are also visually distinct enough to help you remember the points of interest in each.
+Leveling up isn't a pain! I've gone up two levels in a single match before. The challenges come often and you'll be surprised at how fast you can unlock things.
+Burn cards are a really creative feature and allow you to catch the enemy off guard with some of the more exciting ones.

-It plays it way too safe with the guns. While the Titans have unique weapons and combat abilities, pilots just seem like cut and paste from other FPS. It's the same boring archetypes: rifle, smg, shotgun, and even a sniper rifle. I was hoping for some more futuristic and diverse weaponry.
-6v6 is good for Titans on a map, but not for pilots. Respawn has really put themselves in a corner with this. Limiting the titan drops would make people mad, but often times I rarely see a pilot or have any meaningful battles with them. I think they definitely need to increase the number of players in the future. I know people are worried about 16 titans on a map, but rarely are all titans out on the field at the same time (if ever).
-The modes are too traditional and bland. Capture the Flag is actually really great in this game, and Last TItan Standing is exciting, but I was hoping for something in the vein of Halo's more unique modes.

Anyways, I'm having a lot of fun. It does a lot of things really well, but I do feel its held back by some safe decisions. Hopefully the series manages to separate itself from other FPS franchises in the future.

Who's below a 1.0 K/D ratio right now?

I'm on 0.7 now. I was above 1 for a while but then I started playing the objective modes. I have a tendency to charge in like a maniac for control points/flags without much thought. I end up looking ok on the board but man my K/D ratio lol

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm really getting annoyed with this fucking netcode. Putting whole clips of ammo into people and nothing then I'm dead within seconds. Even using extended mag.

I know I'm hitting them because I'm getting the hit markers. I don't understand what is going on. I'm fine killing the A.I it's just other players. People who aren't facing me I can kill but it seems to take ages to kill them. Never had this problem in the beta.

Ran Ran

I'm really getting annoyed with this fucking netcode. Putting whole clips of ammo into people and nothing then I'm dead within seconds. Even using extended mag.

I know I'm hitting them because I'm getting the hit markers. I don't understand what is going on.

I'm fine killing the A.I it's just other players. People who aren't facing me I can kill but it seems to take ages to kill them. Never had this problem in the beta.
Same thing is happening to me today.

I have to put a whole Carbine clip with extended mag into to somebody to kill them.

And like I said earlier I'm getting hit by one body shot by the Hemlock and dying.

Nokterian

I know I'm hitting them because I'm getting the hit markers. I don't understand what is going on. I'm fine killing the A.I it's just other players. People who aren't facing me I can kill but it seems to take ages to kill them. Never had this problem in the beta.

Same problem here they need to fix the netcode and hit detection.

So what are the advantages/disadvantages of the cluster missile in comparison to the rocket salvo? I'm currently a rocket salvo user and have found no reason to switch from it yet.

Just bought the Xbox One version after owning the PC version for a week. Love the game but realize that my friends list is more important than 1080p. I will revisit the PC version every so often for that Field of View though.

wbarreda

-6v6 is good for Titans on a map, but not for pilots. Respawn has really put themselves in a corner with this. Limiting the titan drops would make people mad, but often times I rarely see a pilot or have any meaningful battles with them. I think they definitely need to increase the number of players in the future. I know people are worried about 16 titans on a map, but rarely are all titans out on the field at the same time (if ever)..

I don’t understand people that say this … you must not use the mini-map or be playing hard point/CTF. I tend run into another player every 15 to 20 seconds. What is your play style? Do you tend to play slow and steady or go in guns blazing? If you play it like Battlefield, moving from cover to cover, I can see how you never see anyone since most people are running all over the map.

TrueGrime

I don’t understand people that say this … you must not use the mini-map or be playing hard point/CTF. I tend run into another player every 15 to 20 seconds. What is your play style? Do you tend to play slow and steady or go in guns blazing? If you play it like Battlefield, moving from cover to cover, I can see how you never see anyone since most people are running all over the map.

This. Unless I am trying to avoid people (specifically going after grunts and turrets), I never go 10 seconds without running into a pilot in some shape, form, or way.

I found this really cool zipline on Nexus. If you go to a structure on the otherside of the part of the map with the cylinder structures in the background, you can take a zipline to a structure in the middle of the map, high above everyone else. You can see the entire map, and you can take other ziplines from there (didn't try out the others connecting the structure, had to get a flag).

You guys thought gooser was hard? I am having trouble getting titan kills with the arc cannon. I can bring em close to down but have only killed 21.

Vestal

So before I get on this cruise ship I have to ask. Has anyone done well with the Ogre? Atlas I do well with. Stryder I do well with. Ogre? Not so much.

I have tried a lot (and separately have even gotten decent with the rail gun) but just can't find a good way to use that slow ass mech.

I was having a lot of fun using the Stryder, but with the Ogre I feel fucking invisible. I have been able to solo two titans by myself(stryder atlas).

You lose mobility off course but that's made up by pure tanking. Combine it with the cluster missle and the 40mm cannon, you will be in good shape.

just make sure you don't get caught in the middle of an intersection. I always try and keep a wall to my left or right side and watch the radar for any titans trying to flank, also save your dash for pilot locks.

Vestal

Glad it's not me then.

Same lol. It works great against Grunts and Spectres but other Titans I had no luck.

a hit with the cluster middle on a titan is very very nice extended damage and ensures that their shield doesn't start recharging even if they try and flee since it sticks for about 5 secs.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
You guys thought gooser was hard? I am having trouble getting titan kills with the arc cannon. I can bring em close to down but have only killed 21.

Arc cannon isn't really built numerous titan kills. It can strip shield (or several) like butter with one shot which is it's primary purpose making it easier for burst down a titan, but it's slow nature and lack of damage compared to it's charge up time against armour is the reason why it's difficult to score many kills.

It's an asset to your team in LTS but it won't get you as many titan kills as the other weapons.

Just had a really great fight on Angel City (I think it was). I was running, jumping around everywhere, and taking out Titans (rodeoing them) like nobody's business. My team was behind for a bit, but once I got into killing Titans we quickly pulled ahead. Made a clip of it – nobody could touch me. The key is to board a Titan when it's engaged in combat and distracted. Also, use up your primary weapon then take out your pistol.

TrueGrime

Question. When you rodeo a titan and that person gets out to engage you, his titan will kneel when he gets out. If you kill that pilot will his titan remain in that kneeling position or does it automatically go into a guard mode?

Question. When you rodeo a titan and that person gets out to engage you, his titan will kneel when he gets out. If you kill that pilot will his titan remain in that kneeling position or does it automatically go into a guard mode?

If a titan has nobody in it then it will kneel no matter what.

Kydd BlaZe

23-0, 117 Attrition Points...Best game to date. Man I wish this game had a theater mode :(

hRBvIkZ.jpg

This is also why I don't like Hardpoint Domination. All I know how to do is kill. I am without a doubt, a cancer to this gametype. I usually try to avoid it wherever possible, but in campaign mode you're forced to play it.

NUp95Wz.jpg

And we lost the match. Icing on the cake lol.

23-0, 117 Attrition Points...Best game to date. Man I wish this game had a theater mode :(

[snip]

This is also why I don't like Hardpoint Domination. All I know how to do is kill. I am without a doubt, a cancer to this gametype. I usually try to avoid it wherever possible, but in campaign mode you're forced to play it.

[snip]

And we lost the match. Icing on the cake lol.
Teach me your secrets, you grand wizard.

You can attack while hanging off walls? How do you do this? Any time I hang onto anything I just stand there with both hands on the wall.
Not when you're hanging off a ledge.

Wallhanging is done when, while running up or along a wall, you turn to face the wall and press and hold LT (or the PC equivalent, RMB?). Your character will, for a short while, anchor themselves to the wall and you can hipfire at enemies below.

azhar

Banned
No, it's fucking not, because you weren't making a complaint, you were asking a question:

A question mark denotes a question. But either way, here, let me answer your question with someone's impressions of the screen-tearing:

Haha, he just keeps coming back for more. He got his ass handed to him a couple of days ago as well.... was glorious.

Not when you're hanging off a ledge.

Wallhanging is done when, while running up or along a wall, you turn to face the wall and press and hold LT (or the PC equivalent, RMB?). Your character will, for a short while, anchor themselves to the wall and you can hipfire at enemies below.

Ah ok cool. Wish the tutorial went over that

Izuna

Banned
Can't believe the Cluster Missile isn't as popular as I thought I would be. If you kill a pilot before he jumps in his Titan, drop an electric smoke and fire a cluster inside the dome shield when it is about to wake up. At mist, you lose half your shields, but that Titan dies in two shots after.

Also cluster is great for hitting pilots anywhere in Angel city. You can shoot it in any corner they hide in forcing them out or killing.

Man I want to go home and play but I have work until late. Titan matches are a lot like fighting games, probably why I do well. If you use Vortex Shield and they have theirs up but it is lasting longer, shoot away from the Titan, dash and punch them haha.

BigDug13

No, it's fucking not, because you weren't making a complaint, you were asking a question:

A question mark denotes a question. But either way, here, let me answer your question with someone's impressions of the screen-tearing:

Could it be that he's from the UK where saying "isn't it?" at the end of a statement of opinion in order to garner agreement isn't really meant to form your statement into a question?

antitrop

Can't believe the Cluster Missile isn't as popular as I thought I would be. If you kill a pilot before he jumps in his Titan, drop an electric smoke and fire a cluster inside the dome shield when it is about to wake up. At mist, you lose half your shields, but that Titan dies in two shots after.

The most annoying part about regenerating is losing Rapid-Fire Quad Rockets and Cluster Missile.

I'm a sniper with the Cluster Missile, though, I love it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom