• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cowboy

Could it be that he's from the UK where saying "isn't it?" at the end of a statement of opinion in order to garner agreement isn't really meant to form your statement into a question?
It could be that he/she happen to be in the wrong thread and was following up on his/her earlier complaint and was asking could it be patched, he/she did state that they had posted in the wrong thread in the very same quoted post.

It could have been a drive by post to get a response (this is always possible), but when taken with the other posts in the other thread it actually makes perfect sense as a follow up question to the earlier posted complaint in that thread.
-
I myself fell victim to the wrong titanfall thread response yesterday, some of the discussions across both threads have been treading the same ground.

asdad123

Just picked this up for $32 after tax at staples. Thats the price I was waiting for for this game so now I just gotta wait for it to get delivered.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
23-0, 117 Attrition Points...Best game to date. Man I wish this game had a theater mode :(

hRBvIkZ.jpg

This is also why I don't like Hardpoint Domination. All I know how to do is kill. I am without a doubt, a cancer to this gametype. I usually try to avoid it wherever possible, but in campaign mode you're forced to play it.

NUp95Wz.jpg

And we lost the match. Icing on the cake lol.

And I'm the opposite. Give me hard point every time

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh my gawd. Silenced Shotgun is fucking OP. One guy used it just now and got like 72 kills on Grunts.

I checked out some kill-cams that he got me with it and he was destroying groups in mere seconds.

Dear smart pistols : I hate you

Haven't really came across anyone using it luckily.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man getting sick of my Titan being destroyed in seconds. I don't know what to do. Tried the Ogre use shields and deflect shots yet still die too easy. It's not even when I'm outnumbered.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Haven't really came across anyone using it luckily.

Oh you will. Tip : save a few Rematch burn cards and exact your revenge via Shotgun to the face.

Man getting sick of my Titan being destroyed in seconds. I don't know what to do. Tried the Ogre use shields and deflect shots yet still die too easy. It's not even when I'm outnumbered.

I had no success with Ogre. I only ever have success in a Titan with constant dashing, so the Stryder is the only one I use.

TrueGrime

Even in 1v1 battles? Try the atlas. Make sure you're utilizing the dash as well. The 40mm is a beast and always make sure you're aiming for those critical parts on the titans.

Jarmel

Banned
Holy fuck at the Gen 9 requirements. This Gen will take longer than Gen 5.

You need 100 wins. Think how long that shit will take. I've logged over 2 days and I've only played a total of 500 something matches.

It's a damn timesink.

Jrs3000

I had some epic matches this morning in LTS. Using a stryder I soloed vs a ogre and had a 2v1 coming out on top. My setup was the Multi target missles, Core extender, Vortex shield, and the 40mm canon burst fire. The dash core is like the best thing to me in the game. I've turned near loses into victories. I found these gifs capture what happens perfectly. When this drops in Japan they should have a Gundam Skin available lol.
tumblr_mzyxwmEzAz1rjxyrgo2_250.gif

tumblr_mzyxwmEzAz1rjxyrgo3_250.gif

tumblr_mzyxwmEzAz1rjxyrgo7_250.gif

TrueGrime

Also, one burn card that was in the beta that I haven't seen is the spawn where you died card. I used those a lot for quick revenge kills. Anyone see those pop up?

Hip Hop

Also, one burn card that was in the beta that I haven't seen is the spawn where you died card. I used those a lot for quick revenge kills. Anyone see those pop up?

Yeah, the Rematch cards. They pop up all the time.

I basically have to throw them away everytime I get them. Too many.

This is also why I don't like Hardpoint Domination. All I know how to do is kill. I am without a doubt, a cancer to this gametype. I usually try to avoid it wherever possible, but in campaign mode you're forced to play it.

I like Domination, and enjoy playing it, but I feel like my talents are better expressed in a game of Attrition. I can rack up kills really quick, especially now that I'm using the radar range (or whatever it's called). One of my main issues is that enemies don't always stand out enough, but with that perk it becomes easier to find people.

TrueGrime

I like Domination, and enjoy playing it, but I feel like my talents are better expressed in a game of Attrition. I can rack up kills really quick, especially now that I'm using the radar range (or whatever it's called). One of my main issues is that enemies don't always stand out enough, but with that perk it becomes easier to find people.

Agreed. I've found that grunts usually always travel with their squads (3's or 4's) and they're usually kneeling. The spectres blend with the pilots a bit more because they can leap and jump. And actual players are fast as fuck. I always need to anticipate where they're going because the radar ping lags.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Stryder + Triple Threat + Rocket Salvo is the best Titan load I've managed to put together. I haven't even unlocked dash regen yet but I have the most success with this.

E92 M3

Man, I played hot garbage this morning. I freaking hate the generation challenges that force me to play differently. Hurting my stats and enjoyment. I may just regenerate one more time to 5 and call it. No point in playing a game to get frustrated. I love Titanfall too much to let it get to that point.

Sean

Banned

Make sure you're aiming at the red spots on the enemy titans (usually the head and back of head), it does extra/critical damage. I didn't have much success in titans until I started shooting specifically at those areas. Here's a shot of what to look for (I think it only appears when shield is depleted):

My favorite Titan loadout is Ogre with 40mm cannon (extended mag) and cluster missiles, particle wall and big punch.

Izuna

Banned
As I play a lot of Attrition I keep the Minion Detector on. If I'm in a Titan in that mode I prioritise Pilots not other Titans and only engage when I'm helping a team Titan out. Just run the over when they spawn = easy 3/4 points.

Triple Threat was nice in LTS but because I like to dash behind Titans, drop a smoke and place a cluster where they run away to, I kept hurting myself with the grenades. I like the 40mm with burst fire the most as it balances Titan battles and pilot battles, it's also stupidly powerful if you get a critical.

I really want to Stream my gameplay but my connection is basic :|

Foshy

I'm terrible at Titan vs. Titan combat. I love running over pilots, but I'm better at taking out Titans on foot than when I'm actually in one myself. Always get destroyed 1v1.

Any tips? I usually use Stryder, sometimes Atlas.

Jrs3000

I'm terrible at Titan vs. Titan combat. I love running over pilots, but I'm better at taking out Titans on foot than when I'm actually in one myself. Always get destroyed 1v1.

Don't stop moving when in open, take cover when shield low. Use vortex when shield is gone or a ton of fire is coming your way. Don't charge head in unless vortex is up, strafe your target. Use dash core and actually dash like you're on crack all over while shooting. I'm going to make some clips tonight of my Stryder play.

Izuna

Banned

I see people lost 1v1 in LTS when I'm dead and it's mostly positioning and ammo conservation. Make sure you don't need to reload when you meet another Titan and use your ordinance ASAP, if you are Stryder try dashing diagonally towards them to avoid a reflect and simultaneously punch them or smoke. You want to try your best to attack their sides which is easy as a Stryder, don't run away if it isn't dashing into a corridor or something, never look away as they provokes them to rush you down. Lastly, if you do damage to their main health, that's good. Don't try to kill them completely all the time, in 1v1 as Stryder that will only happen if your opponent makes a big mistake. You can meet up with him again later. Finally, avoid 1v1 lol. As Stryder they shouldn't be able to stop you from running.

In Attrition, remember that your Titan is worth 5 points to the other team, if a pilot wants to take you on with a lock on missile take him out and a couple grunts and then it's not worth risking haha

Redmoon

Anyone know exactly how your supposed to get critical kills with the charge rifle? Ive tried everything including waiting for them to be near-death(which is quite hard to do in this game) and it still doesn't count towards the challenge.
And does it work on the bots?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Titanfall is so intense I could honestly see it being *too much* for some people. I just played three matches in a row and my heart is pounding.

I have a couple more observations as well. I've had this feeling that Titanfall lacks personality, and realized the game needs customizable avatars. Every other multiplayer game has this and its an immeasurable value ad. It would be so cool if you could get like a ninja outfit, and they could create lots of fun brands since the world of Titanfall seems to be one of rampant consumerism. Its weird, I've never missed that until now.

I'm getting really beast at parkour. Theres no point in being humble about a videogame and I'm making some real splashes in the games I've shown up in. I was just running around the walls on B at corporate and I stayed alive for like 7 minutes. Other people even joined in the dance and we were all just wall running and shooting the fuck out of anyone that enters. Thats why I want to start a clan, so we have one man at A and C each with shotties. And then the other 4 of us perfectly spaced out wallrunning doing this whirlpool of gunfire with our titans set to guard mode just outside. We would be unstoppable.

Which leads me to my last point. This game needs lavatag. Think about it. You can only touch the ground for 3 seconds before it kills you. That would be incredible.

Milennia

Anyone know exactly how your supposed to get critical kills with the charge rifle? Ive tried everything including waiting for them to be near-death(which is quite hard to do in this game) and it still doesn't count towards the challenge.
And does it work on the bots?

its just the red spot on the titans, it does work on auto titans.
i have found that playing last titan standing and getting behind them (the spot on their back is the biggest they have) it works ok.

not looking forward to doing that with the railgun.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Started to do better now with the Ogre still think I'll go back to Atlas in the end. Last match I was probably in the same Ogre for about 90% of the whole match.

One thing I do love is the music. Not sure what the level is but it has a similar beat to Leftfield - Phat Planet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egl0KRh8jcE) and it's awesome for building tension up just before a Titan fight starts. :D

antitrop

You keep them though you will have to unlock the ability to use them again.

No, you don't. You can use them at Level 1 of the next generation, unless my memory is fucking with me. I specifically remember being surprised that you don't have to unlock them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom