• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

No, you don't. You can use them at Level 1 of the next generation, unless my memory is fucking with me. I specifically remember being surprised that you don't have to unlock them again.

no, your right for sure.
i use my titan cards when i hit level 1 all the time.

Redmoon

its just the red spot on the titans, it does work on auto titans.
i have found that playing last titan standing and getting behind them (the spot on their back is the biggest they have) it works ok.

not looking forward to doing that with the railgun.

So somehow I had come to the conclusion that I needed to get critical kills on pilots. Probably due to that icon...lol. Anyway, Im getting the hits, thanks for the help.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone tried to jump through the hoop of rockets a titan fires?

davidjwallace

Neo Member
Will be online in a little bit. Online GAFfers add me for Xbox One. GT: Majjam

Partying up in this game is the best way to go. I hate lone wolfing it.

Agreed. I'll be on in about 30 minutes if any gaffers want to squad up and play some objective game types. XBL Gamertag: H4MMEROFJUSTICE

Foshy

I see people lost 1v1 in LTS when I'm dead and it's mostly positioning and ammo conservation. Make sure you don't need to reload when you meet another Titan and use your ordinance ASAP, if you are Stryder try dashing diagonally towards them to avoid a reflect and simultaneously punch them or smoke. You want to try your best to attack their sides which is easy as a Stryder, don't run away if it isn't dashing into a corridor or something, never look away as they provokes them to rush you down. Lastly, if you do damage to their main health, that's good. Don't try to kill them completely all the time, in 1v1 as Stryder that will only happen if your opponent makes a big mistake. You can meet up with him again later. Finally, avoid 1v1 lol. As Stryder they shouldn't be able to stop you from running.

That's a very good point, I'll keep that in mind. I was stuck with the standard FPS mindset of "don't let go of your enemy until he's dead", but here it makes sense not to do so.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I have the best luck with the chaingun, even against titans. I'm really starting to love the particle wall. That is a useful too.

Stryder with Arc Cannon - yay or nay?

How about Triple Threat? Seems like a fun Titan weapon to blow **** up with.

I really don't like the Arc Cannon. It seems horribly unreliable and from what I can tell its only real use is to sit back and play a support role while your teammates do the major damage. Even in that case though I prefer the Plasma Railgun which is what I use on my Stryder chassis. Combine it with Particle Wall and you have a nice defense to work with for sitting back dishing out serious damage with the charged shot and if someone tries rushing you the Stryder is agile enough to run away to a better position.

As far as the Triple Threat goes, it's the best Titan weapon in the game in my opinion. I use Triple Threat, Electric Smoke and Cluster Missile on my Ogre chassis and it creates some serious havoc. It's also the best weapon for dealing with those pilots that are hiding away taking potshots.

antitrop

24 hours of play and I still haven't touched CTF once, yet. I'll get to it later today. Been Attrition and LTS almost exclusively, with a tiny bit of Hardpoint here and there. I've never played Pilot Hunter and I don't want to.

Camp Lo

Banned
The Stryder is the best titan to use it with actually. The speed and dashes let you go in and out of cover quickly.

But the arc cannon is meh.
I feel the opposite. Stryder's is more of an annoyance so I use machine gun or something I can strafe with. Orge with Arc and that shield tower thing so you can get off some full charges. To each his own though.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I want this lavatag gamemode. Couldn't I just like copy and paste a line of code to give the floor the same attribute as an enemy titan bubble and call it a day? Thats how this all works, right?

antitrop

I feel the opposite. Stryder's is more of an annoyance so I use machine gun or something I can strafe with. Orge with Arc and that shield tower thing so you can get off some full charges. To each his own though.

Stryder with Rapid-Fire Quad Rockets is just too much fun.

def sim

No, you don't. You can use them at Level 1 of the next generation, unless my memory is fucking with me. I specifically remember being surprised that you don't have to unlock them again.

Are you sure? I think you can use them right off the bat.

I must be the one that's wrong here. I probably assumed they were locked and didn't bother using them from the get go or I'm mixing up my fresh PC run and Xbox G1 with each other.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Fuck the shotgun. Fuck the Spitfire LMG. Fuck satchel charges.

Fuckdfkldsajfkj;awklef

/momentary rage over

Jrs3000

Big Punch is the greatest thing ever.

Stryder + Big punch + Dash core + Core extender=
tumblr_mzyxwmEzAz1rjxyrgo7_250.gif

So much fun to strafe then punch to death a titan.

maneil99

Feels empty, I don't know. No content, no game modes...dumb AI, just feels unfinished. Should have been a F2P title.

Dumb ai? You want the Ai to kill you? Do you not realise the AI serves the same purpose as LoL minions?Game modes? It has 5 well made modes. Content? It has 15 maps and weapons and perks for titans and pilots....

jim-head-shake.gif

Bessy67

Dumb ai? You want the Ai to kill you? Do you not realise the AI serves the same purpose as LoL minions?Game modes? It has 5 well made modes. Content? It has 15 maps and weapons and perks for titans and pilots....

Yeah, the AI being dumb is the one complaint I really don't understand. Enemy titans and pilots are already deadly enough, do you really want the AI to be deadly as well? You wouldn't even be able to move without being gunned down. They're just there to add to the action and help you get your titan faster, and I'm OK with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom