• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

Dumb ai? Yes.

You want the Ai to kill you? Absolutely!

Do you not realise the AI serves the same purpose as LoL minions? They don't. They don't capture objectives, they don't help you reach objectives -- they serve as only one of the many mob uses in a MOBA.

Game modes? It has 5 well made modes. Yes, and more would be nice, starting with a game mode with just pilots (that would hopefully increase the player count, too

Content? It has 15 maps and weapons and perks for titans and pilots.... Less weapons, perks and bonuses than most multiplayer games. I'm happy with the map count.

Don't see why it's so absurd to think that it's a little light on content. It is -- we just don't think it's a significant problem for now since everything else is great.I don't agree with his overarching complaint at all that the game is "a mess", but the individual things you pointed out? Yeah, lots and lots of room for improvement there.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
24 hours of play and I still haven't touched CTF once, yet. I'll get to it later today. Been Attrition and LTS almost exclusively, with a tiny bit of Hardpoint here and there. I've never played Pilot Hunter and I don't want to.
pilot hunter is a better attrition.

Kolgar

Just want to say I love this game. Thank God my old laptop (practically a toaster!) can just barely run it.

The minimum specifications shown on the box are not the minimum specifications, by the way. MY specifications (older i7, nVidia GT 300m) are the minimum specifications--haha!

I think Respawn really backed its competition into a corner. I mean, where do Call of Duty and Battlefield go next? Titanfall has leapfrogged them both with a fantastical future of war--ground-based skirmishes with mechs!

I haven't been this enthralled by a game in a long time. Can't imagine how glorious it will be when I finally upgrade to hardware that can do it justice.

A titanic new IP? I think so!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just unlocked the CAR SMG. I've heard good things about this.

And boy are the satchel charges powerful lol. I just randomly throw them over walls and nearly every time kill someone or something. Have managed to take down plenty of Titans with it.

In regards to anti-titan guns for the pilot what do you guys suggest? I seem to get alot of kills with the sidewinder but the charge rifle gives plenty of damage but slow.

I also like the sidewinder to go against others and groups of A.I

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I got the infinite personal arc mine burn card and threw one. Didn't know how they worked so I threw another one right in front of it and they both blew up and killed me. I was alive for a total of 10 seconds. No wonder the fatality rate of IMC pilot training is 98%.

Woo-Fu

Banned
AFAIK I didn't change anything and my origin-in-game just stopped working. Tried a bunch of different things, still broken. Any ideas?

AFAIK I didn't change anything and my origin-in-game just stopped working. Tried a bunch of different things, still broken. Any ideas?

Seen a few people say the game has just stopped for them. I kept crashing when loading it up and a driver re-install of all things fixed it. Might be worth a shot?

I found this really cool zipline on Nexus. If you go to a structure on the otherside of the part of the map with the cylinder structures in the background, you can take a zipline to a structure in the middle of the map, high above everyone else. You can see the entire map, and you can take other ziplines from there (didn't try out the others connecting the structure, had to get a flag).
I once sat up here with an amped kramer and got like 8 kills before someone raged and used a railgun on me.

I am not ashamed. I would do it again.

BondFancy

Oh lord the people you meet on XBL never cease to surprise me, grown man calling me garbage at playing the OBJ next game I have the highest defense score and like a 7 k/d (MVP), then he says I need to play better offense so the next game we lose but I have a 2 k/d and highest offense in the game. Then he calls me a shitty 3rd gen who doesn't know how to play the obj then constantly insults me, and to make it better I never even said anything until he sent me something. Come on online communities check yourself before you wreck yourself...btw apparently a 3.3 k/d versus pilots and a 73% w/l ratio is garbage even if you have only been playing solo...

Kibbles

Feels empty, I don't know. No content, no game modes...dumb AI, just feels unfinished. Should have been a F2P title.
In a way I agree. The game is tons of fun but seems really lacking in features,modes,etc compared to games like Halo and even CoD. I think this would be an excellent $30 title. I'm not mad at my purchase just feel like that would be more suitable for this game. I'm hoping there will still be patches to add stuff and also fix the framerate and tearing.

Ragus

Banned
In Attrition, after the 250 points are achieved, the next kills do not count, but they DO count in the overall K/D ratio, right?

After playing 100+ games of Attrition, I think the AI is a huge disconnect for people and the game probably doesn't do a good enough job communicating how important they actually are. Inevitably the players at the top of the leaderboard are the ones who have the most minion kills... too many people just ignore them. It's so easy when you're in a Titan to go a few steps out of your way to stomp an entire squad of Spectres and get points for your team. It takes two seconds to mow down a group of Grunts, and that is worth as much as a Pilot kill. I don't think people get this.

Pingween

I've been playing this on the PC for a while now... and damn
1st I kind of suck at it, I'm usually able to defend myself, but here I'm usually at the bottom of the list.
2nd WTF!!! I also believe there is some huge hit detection problem, or the perks at higher levels are godly. oh well... the power of the cloud, right?

Bessy67

Oh my word, last Titan standing is huge amounts of fun.

Last titan standing is a lot of fun but it is also extremely frustrating when you play it with randoms. If the first round starts and my team scatters to all corners of the map I know I'm in for a rough game, and I feel like this happens 90% of the time.

malfcn

5-13 on lagoon for ctf because it kept spawning me in someone fire path. And I had a epic flag run ruined. Ride the rail and then get stuck in front of the cap because I hit some tiny geometry.

In a way I agree. The game is tons of fun but seems really lacking in features,modes,etc compared to games like Halo and even CoD. I think this would be an excellent $30 title. I'm not mad at my purchase just feel like that would be more suitable for this game. I'm hoping there will still be patches to add stuff and also fix the framerate and tearing.

Yea the game really is light on the content. The map count is nothing special when you look at what other games offer with even more features and modes. I doubt we will get any free maps with the season pass thing being tossed out, and doubt more weapons or in game options. Likely new features and modes will be added at best.

Yea the game really is light on the content. The map count is nothing special when you look at what other games offer with even more features and modes. I doubt we will get any free maps with the season pass thing being tossed out, and doubt more weapons or in game options. Likely new features and modes will be added at best.

My main complaint is how light it is on content and I agree with the season pass we're not getting anything added for free, and it'll probably be map based. Its a real shame, there is a great base game here and with free additional content you don't run the risk of fragmenting the community. Maybe I've been spoiled with how some PC MP only games are run with some significant free additions.

I can't see this holding my attention past the first DLC release with what is in the base game.

Also they need to add team balance... I just jump from losing game to losing game.

Definity

I just learned that you can press up on the d-pad and do a manual ejection. Had no idea.
Makes it so much easier to get to the drop ship. If you have the nuke ability will it also manually set it off?

Bessy67

I'm fine with the number of maps, especially since they are all pretty good, but some more modes, weapons and customization options would definitely make it feel like a more complete package.

BondFancy

I would even be nice and say $40 would be fair for just the game and then have a $60 version which comes with the season pass.

malfcn

Hate Ctf with random people. I keep running the flag back and getting blocked or no defense from my team. Are they trying to lose. Goodbye KDR.

Well, this is all but unplayable for me.

I get kicked off of servers with "You've lost connection" all the time. I've made 6 attempts to get past the current Campaign mission and every time, at some point, I freeze and 10 seconds later get kicked off.

The weird part is that I can see people moving, and I can even get points after the freeze starts. But once it starts I never recover.

The power of the Cloud in action.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
After playing 100+ games of Attrition, I think the AI is a huge disconnect for people and the game probably doesn't do a good enough job communicating how important they actually are. Inevitably the players at the top of the leaderboard are the ones who have the most minion kills... too many people just ignore them. It's so easy when you're in a Titan to go a few steps out of your way to stomp an entire squad of Spectres and get points for your team. It takes two seconds to mow down a group of Grunts, and that is worth as much as a Pilot kill. I don't think people get this.

This actually has helped me understand better. I never would have reasoned "well, 4 spectres equals a pilot and thats a sure thing, soooo..." on my own. I wish there were more types of AI drones. The grunts just aren't fun to fight, neither are the spectures. There not actively unfun to fight but in my opinion they are in-arguably uninteresting. In Jtwo's ultimate Titanfall there are all types of fucked up drones that move in awkward ways so they're harder to shoot. Just imagine a flying frisbee type of drone that moves awkwardly. That would be a lot more fun to shoot than the lifeless sacks of meat/hunks of junk we have in Titanfall right now.

Super long shot but I'm having a very weird issue. I have a mumble server and when playing with friends I seem to lose game sound and/or chat capabilities when loading into a game randomly. I have a logitech G930 and a cheap dynex headset and this happens with both of them at random times.

Has anyone else had any sound/chat glitches at all with the game? We play various games on the same mumble server and have never had any issues at all but this is happening more and more.

Anyone having similar issues?

Bessy67

In Jtwo's ultimate Titanfall there are all types of fucked up drones that move in awkward ways so they're harder to shoot. Just imagine a flying frisbee type of drone that moves awkwardly. That would be a lot more fun to shoot than the lifeless sacks of meat/hunks of junk we have in Titanfall right now.

That's actually an interesting idea. I still say that making the bots competent would suck because there's already enough danger from pilots and titans IMO, but making them harder to kill could be good.

Some of the burn cards are retarded. Granted they are the orange ones which seem to be very rare. Map Hacks is just stupid, the 2 games I've started with it I went 20-0 and 17-0. The Titan cards are pretty dumb too, use it at the start of a game and get out 10-0 and basically a free win.

DSmalls84

Ugh I keep periodically getting hard locks in the middle of matches. I hear a stuttering sound and then it crashes to the dashboard. Anyone else getting this?

Lima

Some of the burn cards are retarded. Granted they are the orange ones which seem to be very rare. Map Hacks is just stupid, the 2 games I've started with it I went 20-0 and 17-0. The Titan cards are pretty dumb too, use it at the start of a game and get out 10-0 and basically a free win.

Yeah that is the point of the burn cards. To give you an edge.

Bessy67

The one that gives you a titan core ability is pretty ridiculous in Last Titan Standing too. As long as you stay alive as a pilot, your one burn card gives you a titan core at the beginning of every round.

FHIZ

Man, I just checked, and as someone who usually has a KDR under 1, I got a 3.6 in this game.

Man, I'm great!
at using the smart pistol.

Timu

I've been playing this on the PC for a while now... and damn
1st I kind of suck at it, I'm usually able to defend myself, but here I'm usually at the bottom of the list.
2nd WTF!!! I also believe there is some huge hit detection problem, or the perks at higher levels are godly. oh well... the power of the cloud, right?
The game does have some hit detection issues.

Yeah that is the point of the burn cards. To give you an edge.

An unfair one.

Making them rare doesn't help because you are placed in games where anyone can pop a rare burn card. There's a nice subtlety to burn cards and the really top tier cards just sends them over the edge.

It would be nice if rare burn cards took up all three slots of your deck, meaning you couldn't use other burn cards if you choose to activate your top tier cards.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
That's actually an interesting idea. I still say that making the bots competent would suck because there's already enough danger from pilots and titans IMO, but making them harder to kill could be good.
The head of product design at IMC could have slowly gone insane in his old age, designing progressively weirder and more abstract drones.

TrueGrime

An unfair one.

Making them rare doesn't help because you are placed in games where anyone can pop a rare burn card. There's a nice subtlety to burn cards and the really top tier cards just sends them over the edge.

It would be nice if rare burn cards took up all three slots of your deck, meaning you couldn't use other burn cards if you choose to activate your top tier cards.

There's also a chance of you dying before you can even use your burn card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom