• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

I fee like a diverse and robust custom games mode would elevate this game to an even higher level. Maybe for Titanfall 2.

Just think what you could do if you had decent tools to make new game modes.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
An unfair one.

Making them rare doesn't help because you are placed in games where anyone can pop a rare burn card. There's a nice subtlety to burn cards and the really top tier cards just sends them over the edge.

It would be nice if rare burn cards took up all three slots of your deck, meaning you couldn't use other burn cards if you choose to activate your top tier cards.

Everyone gets burn cards it's not like you exist in isolation if someone on the other team has a good burn card chances are someone on your team has one also.

Addnan

Is there a list of people that want to play? If not and someone wants another person add me, username is Addnan93. PC. Looking to play right now!

TrueGrime

I've never used that shield where you can shoot through it but other titans can't. I've been sticking with the smoke because I hate having to get out of my titan to engage the cowboys on it. I wonder if you put up that shield and walk through it while a pilot is riding you, does he take damage.

Jarmel

Banned
I've never used that shield where you can shoot through it but other titans can't. I've been sticking with the smoke because I hate having to get out of my titan to engage the cowboys on it. I wonder if you put up that shield and walk through it while a pilot is riding you, does he take damage.

Just use cluster missiles and aim that at your feet and crouch.

Tablo

Surface Pro 1/2 owners: how does this game run, and at what settings? If anyone could take a video or something of some game play that would be cool c:

hawk2025

Improving matchmaking is absolutely a top priority right now.

Fantastic to hear!

Also, please let us choose which burn cards to discard! I lost a Map Hack card that I was saving because I unlocked 5+ cards in one round and that was the one that was discarded for some reason.

Bessy67

Fantastic to hear!

Also, please let us choose which burn cards to discard! I lost a Map Hack card that I was saving because I unlocked 5+ cards in one round and that was the one that was discarded for some reason.

You can choose which burn cards to get rid of. Press both triggers when you have the card you want to get rid of selected. Not sure of the buttons if you're on PC.

Sorry to bail Visc et al., but even though that CTF game was a blast, I was dying in waaayyy too many 1v1 situations because of the 175+ ping.

250+ :(

And the game crashes way too often for me. ViscB invited me but everytime I tried to join it froze and crashed to desktop. Maybe my game install is corrupt and I need to reinstall it again (already repaired via Origin)

hawk2025

You can choose which burn cards to get rid of. Press both triggers when you have the card you want to get rid of selected. Not sure of the buttons if you're on PC.

No no, I mean when your deck is full -- if they insist on having a limit on the number of cards we can have, then let me choose which ones to discard if I go over the limit.

Makes sense?

Calmine

Finally did all the first gen challenges the shotgun one was annoying cause I don't use it 40mm was fine always use that.

But now I know each gen has these challenges I'd imagine some would be pretty annoying.

mbmonk

Everyone gets burn cards it's not like you exist in isolation if someone on the other team has a good burn card chances are someone on your team has one also.

What do you suggest I use to combat the short interval wall-hack burn card?

I prefer an answer besides use the same burn card if possible.

BraXzy

No no, I mean when your deck is full -- if they insist on having a limit on the number of cards we can have, then let me choose which ones to discard if I go over the limit.

Makes sense?

That seems a bit pointless and unnecessary. You just need to maintain your deck and remember to use your cards.

Milennia

i swear to fuck... the titans in this game lunge wayyyy to far.
like mw3 far.

i have had titans grab me after i have ejected and everything.

Caffeine

I'm already bored of this game sigh..... I am the only one carrying my team everytime and we still lose. time to reinstall black ops 2.

Bessy67

Makes sense?

Does it auto discard? I think it usually lets me pick which to get rid of if I end up with more than 25 in my deck after a match.

je_ssi e

Is Respawn going to fix matchmaking so it switches up the teams between rounds?
Yah.. good to see in later comments it's something they're focusing on. I haven't even really wanted to boot the game up because of this.

You can crouch in a Titan? You learn something every day.
I found that out like the second day when there was a game I was actually doing good in and a guy that got revenge on me starting t-bagging me with his titan lol.

Before that.. I didn't know either. Aha.

Lima

i swear to fuck... the titans in this game lunge wayyyy to far.
like mw3 far.

i have had titans grab me after i have ejected and everything.

Especially if you have the big punch perk equipped. God damn that thing reminds me of that rocket fist from Pacific Rim.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
What do you suggest I use to combat the short interval wall-hack burn card?

I prefer an answer besides use the same burn card if possible.

There's a perk that does the exact same thing with a low cooldown. That card is the least of your problems. Also the perk also let's you to see you constantly through the wall while card allows your to occasionally see enemy positions.

Yeah lol. There's some areas you can only access by crouching your Titan.

blown-mind-explosion-gif.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Don't mind the time between rounds, but I'd like to choose my pilot and Titan during that time, rather than only during the few seconds before a round starts

I really hate being dumped into in progress matches, like a hardpoint match that is already 380-120. A few times, I've been dumped into the losing side of a match during the epilogue.

mbmonk

There's a perk that does the exact same thing with a low cooldown. That card is the least of your problems. Also the perk also let's you to see you constantly through the wall while card allows your to occasionally see enemy positions.

So the answer to the wall hack card is use the wall hack perk? I am just trying to be clear on the meaning of your post. I would also like to note that the card also continues to work when you are in your titan, huge advantage.

Personally I think the wall hack ability in both card and perk form hurt the game, because the only answer I have seen so far is "run one yourself". Which to me is boring gameplay ( aka no depth ).

EDIT: I want to be clear that I only think that aspect of the game has no depth. I am not speaking about the game as a whole.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
So the answer to the wall hack card is use the wall hack perk? I am just trying to be clear on the meaning of your post. I would also like to note that the card also continues to work when you are in your titan, huge advantage.

Personally I think the wall hack ability in both card and perk form hurt the game, because the only answer I have seen so far is "is to run one yourself". Which to me is boring gameplay ( aka no depth ).

Well your question is how unbalanced the cards in comparison to not using them are. I'm saying they're not unbalanced if you can achieve similar results without using them. We're not talking about general game imbalances here otherwise I'd say the shot gun has too long a instant kill range.

mbmonk

Well your question is how unbalanced the cards in comparison to not using them are. I'm saying they're not unbalanced if you can achieve similar results without using them. We're not talking about general game imbalances here otherwise I'd say the shot gun has too long a instant kill range.

I understand your point. Thank you.

My larger point, which I changed w/o explicitly stating it, is that wall hack is only countered by another wall hack. Boring.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I understand your point. Thank you.

My larger point, which I changed w/o explicitly stating it, is that wall hack is only countered by another wall hack. Boring.

Yeah I can understand that. Honestly I'd rather they decrease the overall damage weapons do. Remove ADS and force you to whittle down an opponents life the old fashioned way.

Arena shooters gave you things like invincibility it didn't secure you shit because your opponent always had a fighting chance.

mbmonk

Yeah I can understand that. Honestly I'd rather they decrease the overall damage weapons do. Remove ADS and force you to whittle down an opponents life the old fashioned way.

Arena shooters gave you things like invincibility it didn't secure you shit because your opponent always had a fighting chance.

A tear comes to my eye when I think of the Q3 Arena days... =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom