• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
You can crouch in a Titan? You learn something every day.

Silenced C.A.R SMG > all

Not silenced, counterbalanced + stimpack + run and gun is king

-

Someone should write a guide for new players:

Wall hang with aim
Crouch in Titans
Pick up downed Titan's weapons
Boarding Titan refills your ammunition
Manual eject from fresh Titan with nuke blast etc...

These little nuances add a surprising amount of depth to combat.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh shit I've found a beasting Titan setup. Probably stick to this for a long time. The chain-gun with accelerator pwns.

Check out these clips just from the match I had - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU8JNC-sTzQ&feature=youtu.be

Look how easy I blew up the escape ship. Typical though on the first titan I did all that damage and got no assist or kill. :/

Chassis: Atlas (For Damage Core)
Primary Weapon: XO-16 Chain-gun with Accelerator
Tactical Ability: Electric Smoke
Ordnance: Multi-Target Missile System
Tier 1: Regen Booster or Fast Autloader- Your Choice
Tier 2: Core Extender

Timu

Oh shit I've found a beasting Titan setup. Probably stick to this for a long time. The chain-gun with accelerator pwns.

Check out these clips just from the match I had - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU8JNC-sTzQ&feature=youtu.be

Look how easy I blew up the escape ship. Typical though on the first titan I did all that damage and got no assist or kill. :/

Holy crap.o_O

Principate

Saint Titanfall

A cluster missile could almost solo that stationary Titan alone, that's how combine it with rapid fire quad and you could kill that titan even faster and it has no load up time.

Lima

A cluster missile could almost solo that stationary Titan alone, that's how combine it with rapid fire quad and you could kill that titan even faster and it has no load up time.

Cluster missile is boss. Hated it when I first started using it but god damn it is awesome now.

El'Kharn

I use that exact load out. fucking beast mode

malfcn

I got to edit some clips, but mobility is awesome in running the flag. Picking up the flag with A Titan is strange. Should have to disembark and embark to use it. And ejecting across the map going nuclear is great.

anyone play on PC? is it easy to find a MP game?

In seconds.

Also:

mp_angel_city0003u7bvy.jpg

We were behind most of the match, and then just manned up and went for it. That was the greatest comeback I've ever seen.

I use that exact load out. fucking beast mode

Talking about beast mode: I'm using an Ogre with the 40mm cannon, Vortex Shield, the missile system, nuclear eject and auto-eject. I'm often just tearing through groups of two Stryders of Atlases, tearing them both apart. It'll get tougher when I'm faced with an Ogre, but unless I'm really outnumbered I come out on top.

Munki

Not silenced, counterbalanced + stimpack + run and gun is king

-

Someone should write a guide for new players:

Wall hang with aim
Crouch in Titans
Pick up downed Titan's weapons
Boarding Titan refills your ammunition
Manual eject from fresh Titan with nuke blast etc...

These little nuances add a surprising amount of depth to combat.

Thanks bro, had no clue about the refilling of ammunition when boarding your Titan.

Rizific

i know this probably has been answered a million times, but is there a way to unlock fps? it makes me uncomfortable to see it sit there at 60

Pepiope

I just wish teams were changed up after each match. It sucks getting put on a crappy team and just having to switch lobbies after getting destroyed by the opposing team.

Timu

Dude, WTF, it crashed again as soon as I was about to start the Militia campaign. This game is very unstable right now.

So, never try to kill a pilot with an Anti Titan weapon right? Every time I've tried it ends very badly for me. It doesn't make much sense to me though aside from balance concerns.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I've started to rely on my secondary weapon a lot more. For the first week I wasn't using it all. But now occasionally I can prefer the Wingnut magnum to the SMG. Its hecka dope.

Waaghals

I just had a couple of horrid matches of last titan standing.

A bunch of lvl 30's (me included) against one gen 5 and two gen 2's. That wasn't so bad, but some people really don't understand how the titans work. They bunch up together, stay immobile and take pot-shots at the enemy.
With the shields and kill times being what they are they completely fail to actually damage the enemy.

The fact that they bunch up and stay still in narrow corridors makes it very painful for me since I run as a strider and can't take much damage.

No room to boost= certain death.

teokrazia

Liking Attrition and Hard Point, as in the Beta.
Loving CTF: with friends is the mode that better exposes the dynamism of teamplay approaches,
Haven't touched Last Titanfall Standing yet.
Not getting the sense of Pilot Hunter.

Just recently started the 2nd Gen, and I feel dirty using the shotgun. I much prefer the Carbine or the CAR, but this thing just wrecks in any up close fight. Combine it with Stim, and you can get close to nearly anyone and wreck them.

And I'm really starting to like the Ogre more. I love the Stryder gameplay, but just sitting and defending in either Hardpoint or CTF with an Ogre is just amazing.

So many ways to play.

hawk2025

That seems a bit pointless and unnecessary. You just need to maintain your deck and remember to use your cards.

...why? It's only an extra option. Burn cards build up very quickly and sometimes you can barely use them. Sorry, I completely disagree with you and can guarantee that it's absolutely not pointless.

Does it auto discard? I think it usually lets me pick which to get rid of if I end up with more than 25 in my deck after a match.

Yes, it auto discards. No, it does not let you pick which ones to get rid of, unless it does on the PC version, which I Haven't played.

Kyne

good games as usual with VisceralBowl and the like. Think we went something like 10-0 before I had to get off. I'm always down for matches while I'm in-game;

Origin: Chrnocide

Portman

So I completed the campaign to unlock the customized titan load outs but now I'm worried if I go to a new generation when I hit level 50 that I will loose those along with the other unlocks. Do the campaign unlocks stick or do they have to be re acquired each generation along with the rest of the stuff?

So I completed the campaign to unlock the customized titan load outs but now I'm worried if I go to a new generation when I hit level 50 that I will loose those along with the other unlocks. Do the campaign unlocks stick or do they have to be re acquired each generation along with the rest of the stuff?

You get to keep your Titans.

Lima

Lol, decided to take a look at how the game runs on my laptop when compared to my desktop downstairs.
Lawd have mercy.

Looks like the Xbox 360 version.

No the other two titan chassis stay unlocked when regenerating.

Lima

Or run up to a wall and fire them off. The bad thing is, it really messes up your titan also.

Only messes with your shield if you fire it off once you hear that metal clonk.

It's crazy how many people don't play with 5.1 or a pair of decent headphones. They only act once they get the notification that someone is rodeoing them.

TomShoe

Banned
Is anyone else getting frustrated with the beginning stages of campaign mode? Even though I'm always placing 1st or 2nd on my team, I've lost 5 maps in a row. I always feel like my teammates are monkeys with keyboards. I'm playing with a Dualshock 3 controller on PC and I'm easily able to go positive, yet I see 2-14, 3-12, 0-16 on the bottom of the board every time.

Just go after the objective dammit!

I gotta say, the fact that you can carry the flag while piloting a Titan is pretty stupid. Really kills CTF for me.

Riding on the back of one makes sense since you're still vulnerable and it actually requires some teamwork but grabbing the flag and then hauling ass back to your base in a sprinting tank that can dash is just lame.

Lol, decided to take a look at how the game runs on my laptop when compared to my desktop downstairs.

2UJ1Lsl.jpg

Lawd have mercy.
How'd you get a review copy of the 360 version? :p

I just had a guy call me a fag every time I killed him from behind (he kept camping). Why bother to take the time to type that out? sheesh.

Lima

I gotta say, the fact that you can carry the flag while piloting a Titan is pretty stupid. Really kills CTF for me.

Riding on the back of one makes sense since you're still vulnerable and it actually requires some teamwork but grabbing the flag and then hauling ass back to your base in a sprinting tank that can dash is just lame.

Exactly. Make it like Halo.

You can ride shotgun in a warthog (which would be the titan here) but not drive it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom