• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondFancy

Fun fact for anyone who avidly uses smoke, if you drop the smoke underneath the evac ship, if it's low enough to the ground it will take massive damage ;)

Me and BlueNinja got called out twice as cheaters and supposedly got reported.
Cheating? What were you supposedly doing? A lot of stuff I've run into that seems like cheating or whatnot is just the server telling me that a guy is a few feet off from where he actually is, so I'm shooting at nothing in the killcam.
Fun fact for anyone who avidly uses smoke, if you drop the smoke underneath the evac ship, if it's low enough to the ground it will take massive damage ;)
If it's that low to the ground I'm just gonna punch it to death. But smoke + punching is even better!

Falifax

Cheating? What were you supposedly doing? A lot of stuff I've run into that seems like cheating or whatnot is just the server telling me that a guy is a few feet off from where he actually is, so I'm shooting at nothing in the killcam.

We simply crushed the opposing team. I guess because we were partied up thus our team was more coordinated which resulted in a complete dominance. So, the other team vented up their anger by calling us cheaters.

My kid is loving the game . He made a Lego Titan after playing.
YHj7l19.jpg

mA0MWvd.jpg

eznark

Banned
Am I the only one suffering significant connection issues? Second night in a row I am getting stuck at the "initializing" screen on every server.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So going by that chart it takes 28 bullets with the Spitfire LMG to take down or destroy a Stryder while you rodeo it? It's my next unlock I think.

PS. This is Gizmowned I've had a name change. ;p

The wall hack perk is becoming really fucking annoying.

Figures. I hate wallhack perks so much. Completely takes the fun and skill out of having to be aware of map control.

How does the perk work in relation to cloaking? Same cooldown rates/activation lengths? I wish Respawn was smart enough to avoid those common plagues on modern multiplayers. Wallhacks, and those rare powerful burn cards really take the fun out of being competitive.

BattleMonkey said:
I can't do jack while rodeoing, no one falls for it anymore it feels like. As soon as I get on a titan, the pilots dismount.

Do abilities like invisibility help? They should.

The best thing to do is listen for the dismount, jump up off the titan, and then you should get the drop on the enemy, right?

Gaz_RB

Guys best Halloween idea ever.*

Guy dressed up in a Titan Costume has a socket in his chest for a baby. Then he just jumps off something next to a baby and puts the baby in his chest socket. Right???

*Must have a baby to do this

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I can't do jack while rodeoing, no one falls for it anymore it feels like. As soon as I get on a titan, the pilots dismount.

That's when the mind games begin. Sometimes it's just a feignt (e.g last titan standing where titans are important), and they get back in straight away. Reading that is like the funniest shit. Basically this guy dismounts I get off, he gets back in and I'm already tearing away his titan. He dismounts again, I repeat my action, does this again, and then he actually got in a third time. I doomed the titan and went on with my business.

I was like dude do you not learn?

That's when the mind games begin. Sometimes it's just a feignt (e.g last titan standing where titans are important), and they get back in straight away. Reading that is like the funniest shit. Basically this guy dismounts I get off, he gets back in and I'm already tearing away. He dismounts again, I repeat my action, does this again, and then he actually got in a third time. I doomed the titan and went on with my business.

I was dude do you not learn?
I usually just jump off and lob arc mine/grenades at the thing. But mindgames sounds fun...

Oublieux

I wish there was an option for the satchel charge so that throwing one doesn't automatically whip out the detonator. I would rather have my primary out first.

Oublieux

If true, that's pretty surprising for the Hemlock and even more surprising for the Smart Pistol.

Yeah, seriously, I always whip out my Hammond (automatic secondary pistol) to do damage--I wonder how that compares as it seems like the list only takes into account primaries.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Who whats to play Giant Robot Battle Ninja Kickers w/ me?
Origin ID is VelociaLume

Experience the mind altering effects of Titanfall at my side.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Me and my friend were giving the controller back and forth last night after each game while drinking for an 8 hour session. It was fucking amazing.

At one point I got CTF on Nexus and got all 6 of the team's caps, just playing like an idiot, running right in and getting on the ziplines to get to the base. More people really need to use them.

Also, if you like rodeoing Titans, equip Satchel Charges. If your aim is good and you're quick enough, you can get easy Pilot kills when they hop out to try to deal with you.

Prepare for enemy ragequits.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Also, if you like rodeoing Titans, equip Satchel Charges. If your aim is good and you're quick enough, you can get easy Pilot kills when they hop out to try to deal with you.

Prepare for enemy ragequits.

I love this. It even works in two ways, you can rodeo and drop the satchels on the titan weakspot itself(does huge damage), or wait for them to get out, jump off and toss one to kill the pilot then finish off the auto-titan.

fernoca

Hmm..so the "random 1-2 secs black screen" while playing that I mentioned yesterday, as expected...seems to be my crappy 4MB connection.

It only happened while in campaign (classic was fine) and when the server is over 100. So whenever things got too intense and there were story dialogs it triggered the black screens, guess it was trying to sync my slow-ass internwt with everyone else in those moments. Servers at 99 or less everything were great and without black screens. Just played the entire militia campaign and none of them!

Cool. At least is not the unit or the game. The game's a blast!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
How is the origin overlay activated again? I can't get it to activate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom