• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Why do you need two games running at once? Games kinda want as much resources as possible.

It's not an issue of PC resources. For some reason it causes a bizarre server conflict.

And I am trying to watch a dota match while playing TF. Also I almost always have Dota running while I wait for parties to form and it's nice to have some other game to play while I wait. Looks like TF won;t be that game. Ah well.

I must have pissed off the Titanfall gods or something today because I am constantly in matches where there are 6 enemy Titans up and nobody tries to bring them down and we get demolished

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
What the fuck is this "did not received token from Origin" problem? i already did every step recommended and still didn't fixed this issue.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, sorry. I did the typical:

• anyone want to play?
  • instantly just load into the game and play 4 matches
  • feel the need to take a break
  • discover 5 friend invites
  • do'h

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This is the only game that makes my hands hurt to play it for a long time. It's so intense.

My new method is using both hands to eject. I let the timer get down to the last second and then jam X with my left hand and bring my right hand over from the mouse to the E button and just mash on it.

Seriously try it, it works.

Woo-Fu

Banned
50 kills with this piece of shit plasma railgun? Guess I'll be gen 3/50 forever.

I played an entire match of LTS and got 1 kill. I'm not playing 49 more.

-PXG-

I guess I was right. This game is fun, but has no lasting appeal. There is nothing truly gratifying from the experience. It's a really good appetizer. But let's be honest. You can't serve me a shit ton of amuse bouches over and over and try to convince me that it was as satisfying as an entree of equal or greater quality. It lacks content but it lacks identity. It lacks those memorable, heart pounding, clutch moments. It lacks intense audio and visual feedback. It lacks immersion. It's good, but no great. It's solid, but neither evolutionary nor revolutionary. It's just good, but good isn't good enough.

I'll keep playing it here and there. It's not my main game. I still can't find a replacement for Gears. I guess Gears 3 will still have to do until Halo 2 Anniversary or until TF gets some patches and DLC

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
PXG, I completely understand everything about where you're coming from.. except the lacking clutch moments/audio/visual feedback part Those are things that describe the opposite of Titanfall. On the lacking identity part, I couldn't agree more.

I can't do jack while rodeoing, no one falls for it anymore it feels like. As soon as I get on a titan, the pilots dismount.

Yeah, it seems like you either have to catch a noob off guard, or they don't notice in the heat of battle.

I'm lazy so I love having smoke enabled to get them off me. I honestly get a lot of kills from it. :)

-PXG-

PXG, I completely understand everything about where you're coming from.. except the lacking clutch moments/audio/visual feedback part Those are things that describe the opposite of Titanfall. On the lacking identity part, I couldn't agree more.

Besides Titan executions (which are awesome), there are very few instances where I feel I'm doing damage to my opponents. No dramatic death animations, no gibs, no gore. Just someone flopping over. I want to see blood, sparks and other noticeable particle effects. I want to hear flesh tearing, bones being crushed and metal being torn to shreds. Shit flashing on my HUD is the lazy approach. I want in game, artistic elements to serve as indicators not numbers and text. I want to know I'm really hurting someone. I want to know, see and hear that my actions are having a direct and powerful effect on those around me and the world itself. The presentation in this game pretty flat and one note.

It's too easy to die and to get kills. You don't really earn them or really have to work all that hard to get them. Death is trivial, therefore clutch moments, if there are any, aren't rewarding.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Besides Titan executions (which are awesome), there are very few instances where I feel I'm doing damage to my opponents. No dramatic death animations, no gibs, no gore. Just someone flopping over. I want to see blood, sparks and other noticeable particle effects. I want to hear flesh tearing, bones being crushed and metal being torn to shreds. Shit flashing on my HUD is the lazy approach. I want in game, artistic elements to serve as indicators not numbers and text. I want to know I'm really hurting someone. I want to know, see and hear that my actions are having a direct and powerful effect on those around me and the world itself. The presentation in this game pretty flat and one note.

Oh my goodness. Ok. Titanfall may not be your game then. Soldier of Fortune?
The biggest appeal of Titanfall for me is that nots about your personal success. The game doesn't reinforce your personal success. The game only values your team contribution.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yeah, it seems like you either have to catch a noob off guard, or they don't notice in the heat of battle.

I'm lazy so I love having smoke enabled to get them off me. I honestly get a lot of kills from it. :)

How is it physically possible to not notice? Even in the heat of battle you can't miss it. The reason why you probably think they don't notice is because they're choosing to ignore you because if they dismount titan will be destroyed. So they try to get some use out of it before they die.

Timu

no gibs, no gore
iRdeIlJ9q9W0j.gif

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I love how if you throw three satchel charges in the same arc they stack up super neatly. These pilots are fucking boss. I wonder what their dart games are like.
98% fatality rate.

How is it physically possible to not notice? Even in the heat of battle you can't miss it. The reason why you probably think they don't notice is because they're choosing to ignore you because if they dismount titan will be destroyed. So they try to get some use out of it before they die.

Obviously there is no way to know, but if things around them are really intense it seems possible to me they may not notice.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I love how if you throw three satchel charges in the same arc they stack up super neatly. These pilots are fucking boss. I wonder what their dart games are like.
98% fatality rate.

Yeah I always do wonder how safe it was to run around walls with jet packs, and how someone would even go about training for a such a thing.

Of course it's logically unsafe as fuck.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Using an instant atlas burn card at the beginning of an attrition game is border line cheating.

That can put an enemy team SO FAR BEHIND.

250px-Bc_summon_atlas.png

This fucking thing, totally broken. I've won 4 matches (all the card I had) with this thing with minimal enemy resistance. Especially if you're on off game voice chat with some one else and you both drop yours together.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Obviously there is no way to know, but if things around them are really intense it seems possible to me they may not notice.

Maybe, I've never not noticed, maybe initially when I played the game I only realise a second after they start doing damage but there's no way someone could not notice the audio clue's visual and the fact your armour is being burst down at a not normal rate.

Remands of the time I burst down a stationary pilot in LTS in about 2 seconds and he did not make the remotest motion to motion until long after he was doomed. I can only imagine something happened in real life.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I always do wonder how safe it was to run around walls with jet packs, and how someone would even go about training for a such a thing.

Of course it's logically unsafe as fuck.
It makes you wonder what type of shoes they wear and how that belt is harnessed, too. When I see pilots running, the jetpack belt is just casually flopping around like the fanny pack i keep my flask in at concerts.

Using an instant atlas burn card at the beginning of an attrition game is border line cheating.

That can put an enemy team SO FAR BEHIND.

This fucking thing, totally broken. I've won 4 matches (all the card I had) with this thing with minimal enemy resistance. Especially if you're on off game voice chat with some one else and you both drop yours together.

Yup. It's the best time to use that. To be fair, if the opposing team has their shit together they could gang up on the Titan from several angles and take it down quickly.

tauke

More and more players are using satchel charges and it's bloody annoying with its wide blast radius. :(

Seems like they use it as alternative to frag grenades and every hardpoint especially indoor is like a danger zone with the satchel charges.

Sean

Banned
I can't do jack while rodeoing, no one falls for it anymore it feels like. As soon as I get on a titan, the pilots dismount.

Yep everyone has caught on in just a few days. It's way too easy to hop out and shoot whoever's on your titan since they're always in the same spot (right side).

Sort of makes the electric smoke useless.

This is one of my favorite tracks in the game. The other being the Demeter-Day charge and a few others.
Yep everyone has caught on in just a few days. It's way too easy to hop out and shoot whoever's on your titan since they're always in the same spot (right side).

Sort of makes the electric smoke useless.

Disagree. Electric smoke destroys enemy titans. Also people that get out to kill me when I rodeo are satchel charge'd.

Jarmel

Banned
The Titanfall placer is damn near impossible to pinpoint exactly where you want it. I had to do the kills by Titanfall and it's really apparent the damn thing is off.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yup. It's the best time to use that. To be fair, if the opposing team has their shit together they could gang up on the Titan from several angles and take it down quickly.

Oh sure but it would take a very coordinated team, and one that was on its guard. Even then since most people move togetherish at the beginning of a game it's super easy to take out 2 or 3 pilots with a single shot. Then while they're all respawning kill every minion.

Also while it's possible for a coordinated team to take out one titan, like I said if you have a buddy also using his burn card in tandem with yours, then the enemy team is proper fucked.

Oublieux

Is anyone really digging the smart pistol? It's my second go-to loadout after the shotgun. In a 1 versus 1 situation where the opponent has noticed a smart pistol user before lock-on begins occurring, that's usually a loss. But when you play sneaky as fuck? It's a powerhouse. It's best to get the drop on the enemy so I pair it with the unlock that accelerates the lock stages, use arc grenades, and go with radar pulse rather than cloak or stim.

It ends up being a complete riot sometimes. I've absolutely rocked in pilot hunter this way. The loadout is easily one of the most effective in CTF when a pilot is carrying the flag too.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Is anyone really digging the smart pistol? It's my second go-to loadout after the shotgun. In a 1 versus 1 situation where the opponent has noticed a smart pistol user before lock-on begins occurring, that's usually a loss. But when you play sneaky as fuck? It's a powerhouse. It's best to get the drop on the enemy so I pair it with the unlock that accelerates the lock stages, use arc grenades, and go with radar pulse rather than cloak or stim.

It ends up being a complete riot sometimes. I've absolutely rocked in pilot hunter this way. The loadout is easily one of the most effective in CTF when a pilot is carrying the flag too.

It's fun but you really have to have a solid loadout to support it like you said with mines and radar pulse, I am actually a huge fan of the CAR and the Hemlock with starburst, the smart pistol is fun but I don't really like it because it's only good if you're trying to get the drop on people and that's not usually my play style. I actually really like the smart pistol for defending hard points, flag guarding.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Only time I like smart pistol is attrition, for killing minions. I'll take any other gun except sniper rifle for killing pilots.

border

What is the best loadout for Hardpoint Domination games? I think the shotgun and arc mines are good choices, but I'm not really sure where to go from there. I think the WallHack ability is probably the best choice, but maybe people have more success with other stuff. Triple Threat seems like a great weapon for Titans, since you can spam it through a window to clear out an area before you disembark to cap it.

cool_dude

Banned
Guys best Halloween idea ever.*

Guy dressed up in a Titan Costume has a socket in his chest for a baby. Then he just jumps off something next to a baby and puts the baby in his chest socket. Right???

*Must have a baby to do this

Or have a midget friend???

jediyoshi

The Titanfall placer is damn near impossible to pinpoint exactly where you want it. I had to do the kills by Titanfall and it's really apparent the damn thing is off.

The only difficulty is gauging the cutoff for the distance away that you can call it away from. Otherwise the only rule of thumb you need is whether a titan is able to be in that location at all. The only weirdness on a per level basis I've seen is on boneyard trying to call it in on the sloped areas.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I guess I was right. This game is fun, but has no lasting appeal. There is nothing truly gratifying from the experience. It's a really good appetizer. But let's be honest. You can't serve me a shit ton of amuse bouches over and over and try to convince me that it was as satisfying as an entree of equal or greater quality. It lacks content but it lacks identity. It lacks those memorable, heart pounding, clutch moments. It lacks intense audio and visual feedback. It lacks immersion. It's good, but no great. It's solid, but neither evolutionary nor revolutionary. It's just good, but good isn't good enough.

I'll keep playing it here and there. It's not my main game. I still can't find a replacement for Gears. I guess Gears 3 will still have to do until Halo 2 Anniversary or until TF gets some patches and DLC

I disagree with basically all of this.

Sean

Banned
Disagree. Electric smoke destroys enemy titans. Also people that get out to kill me when I rodeo are satchel charge'd.

Only tried electric smoke very briefly but it didn't seem that strong IMO. Enemy titans would always quickly dash out of the smoke radius and most enemy pilots rodeo-ing your titan will jump off before the smoke kills them.

I've killed at least three dozen people rodeo-ing my titan and have yet to be satchel charged by anyone. Most people seem to use those exclusively for defending the base. I'm sure that will change over time though.

Coconut

Banned
What is the best loadout for Hardpoint Domination games? I think the shotgun and arc mines are good choices, but I'm not really sure where to go from there. I think the WallHack ability is probably the best choice, but maybe people have more success with other stuff. Triple Threat seems like a great weapon for Titans, since you can spam it through a window to clear out an area before you disembark to cap it.

Depends, you looking to attack or defend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom