• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No dramatic death animations, no gibs, no gore. Just someone flopping over. I want to see blood, sparks and other noticeable particle effects. I want to hear flesh tearing, bones being crushed and metal being torn to shreds. I want to know I'm really hurting someone..

Creepy.

border

Depends, you looking to attack or defend?

Kinda both really. I don't mind defending, but if there's no action for a while I will definitely leave to start pressing a hardpoint we haven't capped yet. Shotgun and WallHacks seem like they're essential for both attack and defense.

Reave

I want to see blood, sparks and other noticeable particle effects. I want to hear flesh tearing, bones being crushed and metal being torn to shreds.

ew.gif

E92 M3

I noticed when I say fuck it to the generation challenges and just play normally I have so much more fun. I don't care if I fall behind, because changing my playstyle to accomplish a specific challenge was just frustrating me. I'll get them naturally - even if it's slower.

Marleyman

Banned
I noticed when I say fuck it to the generation challenges and just play normally I have so much more fun. I don't care if I fall behind, because changing my playstyle to accomplish a specific challenge was just frustrating me. I'll get them naturally - even if it's slower.

Only way I play.

E92 M3

Only way I play.

Yeah, I wanted to get to 5 around the same time as some other folks here, but whatever if it's a bit later lol.

The funny thing is that I never wanted to prestige in COD before, but here it's a lot of fun for some reason. Maybe, I just enjoy the core game mechanics so much that I don't even care about losing my shit.

I THOUGHT CHALLENGES STAYED THE SAME AFTER A REGEN.

Bullshit. :( Well... I guess at least you don't need to complete challenges for emblem/titles like jn CoD, at least.

Kyzon

Bah, randoms are lame. I'm trying to get my Railgun kills for Gen 3, and they keep getting in my way. Like literally walking in front of my kill shot, or I'll have titans coming at me, and these dumb asses just stand behind me so I can't walk away -___- Bah

Milennia

24 more Gooser kills..........

I have been playing for a few hours now....

i have to do these now =/
just to be clear, i have to kill the pilots who are up in the air after being ejected right?
I'm planning on playing last titan standing and using the chaingun+extended mag.

Nome

Is anyone really digging the smart pistol? It's my second go-to loadout after the shotgun. In a 1 versus 1 situation where the opponent has noticed a smart pistol user before lock-on begins occurring, that's usually a loss. But when you play sneaky as fuck? It's a powerhouse. It's best to get the drop on the enemy so I pair it with the unlock that accelerates the lock stages, use arc grenades, and go with radar pulse rather than cloak or stim.

It ends up being a complete riot sometimes. I've absolutely rocked in pilot hunter this way. The loadout is easily one of the most effective in CTF when a pilot is carrying the flag too.
How close do you have to get to use it?

I've had zero luck with this gun, because it seems that there's a different lock range for grunts and spectres than there is for pilots. It seemed that I had to get in sub-shotgun range for the lock to turn red. If I fire when orange, it just dumbfires. Am I doing it wrong?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I've had zero luck with this game, because it seems that there's a different lock range for grunts and spectres than there is for pilots. It seemed that I had to get in sub-shotgun range for the lock to turn red. If I fire when orange, it just dumbfires. Am I doing it wrong?

It's time based. It has to get 3 locks on a pilot to turn red and kill them, the orange still hits but won't kill.

=p

nice, ok that doesn't seem so bad, i have had a dude kill me at least 3 times today doing just that lol.

The hard parts are
A = making sure you can see them well enough (bright skybox + cloak = hard)
B = making sure you do not get shot at (makes you less accurate)
C = doing it 50 times in public games

TrueGrime

Just thought I killed a pilot and his titan by punching them off a cliff. The bastard ejects while going over, dooms my titan with sidewinders while falling, then after I eject the same fucking dude kicks me in the face when I land.

It's been a very long time since a game can make me furious, humiliated, and exhilarated all in the same moment.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I feel like at this point I am Titanfalled out. Halfway through gen 3 and I am feeling fatigued, starting to do noticeably worse in matches and it's really affecting my playstyle.

TrueGrime

I feel like at this point I am Titanfalled out. Halfway through gen 3 and I am feeling fatigued, starting to do noticeably worse in matches and it's really affecting my playstyle.

Time for a rest. It would probably do you some good to put the controller down or play something else. Due to me not following through with telling myself to take breaks I actually forced myself to take a day off by giving my controller to my neighbor and telling her not to give it back until the next day. No matter what. Extremes to fight the thirst.

Oublieux

Admittedly, the default lock-on range makes it much more difficult since you need to be pretty close; even then the slightest movement by the enemy pilot would throw the weapon off since s/he is taking such a large part of the screen. With the upgrade, the smart pistol's lock-on range + speed of lock-on increases at the cost of a narrower lock-on view (but, I think it's a very good trade-off). Definitely don't have to get nowhere near shotgun range to use the smart pistol with the upgrade.

Have honestly dominated several players this way. The radar pulse really helps get the sneak on them.

Last Titan Standing is great fun. But man, some of the guys I've teamed up with are absolutely stupid.

They literally try and take on 3-4 titans by themselves. Its incredibly annoying. They see 5 of us going one way and one guy decides to go the completely opposite route by himself. Not even in a way to flank another titan or box them in, literally just goes trying to win the match by himself. This happens every single time.

I need more people to play with that work together.

Games a blast.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm convinced it's possible to jump through the rocket hoop as a pilot. It has to be possible.

Bah, randoms are lame. I'm trying to get my Railgun kills for Gen 3, and they keep getting in my way. Like literally walking in front of my kill shot, or I'll have titans coming at me, and these dumb asses just stand behind me so I can't walk away -___- Bah

Railgun? I thought it was shotgun & titan's cannon!!

DarkFlow

Banned
Yeah I get that a lot, I'll fire off a missile and some dumbshit will walk in front of it.

Nome

Admittedly, the default lock-on range makes it much more difficult since you need to be pretty close; even then the slightest movement by the enemy pilot would throw the weapon off since s/he is taking such a large part of the screen. With the upgrade, the smart pistol's lock-on range + speed of lock-on increases at the cost of a narrower lock-on view (but, I think it's a very good trade-off). Definitely don't have to get nowhere near shotgun range to use the smart pistol with the upgrade.

Have honestly dominated several players this way. The radar pulse really helps get the sneak on them.
Thanks for the tip. Just got my highest attrition score (114) with Smart Pistol. Although... it was mainly from the 60 AI kills :p

Smart Gun with Enhanced Tracking is very damn good. People can't detect if they're being tracked and it's quick as fuck.
And it does soooo much damage in rodeo compared to how much it normally does. I think I've killed more titans using the smart pistol than I have using anything else (except maybe the archer, that thing is great).

I just ran into my first hacker. A guy by the name of SkyNetMainframe. He was super obviously aimbotting, and on boneyard with the titan chaingun? That is not fun at all. Best part was the guy was telling us how bad we sucked while he did it.

El'Kharn

And it does soooo much damage in rodeo compared to how much it normally does. I think I've killed more titans using the smart pistol than I have using anything else (except maybe the archer, that thing is great).

I just ran into my first hacker. A guy by the name of SkyNetMainframe. He was super obviously aimbotting, and on boneyard with the titan chaingun? That is not fun at all. Best part was the guy was telling us how bad we sucked while he did it.

i ran into a hacker earlier, he was using the railgun. i wonder why....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom